PissBacon's Content

There have been 174 items by PissBacon (Search limited from 18-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#75895 Painted Maverick

Posted by PissBacon on 12 March 2006 - 12:21 PM in Modifications

Just for clarification, the ultra-flat stuff you used is Krylon fusion right? The phrasing on your post could either mean ultra flat fusion paint, or that there happened to be ultra-flat paint next to the fusion on the shelf. If flat Krylon fusion exists, I'm getting some asap.

#81043 Nitemav Version:2

Posted by PissBacon on 01 May 2006 - 12:40 AM in Modifications

Truly an inspiration. I wasn't sure if the NF plunger could functionally fit into a maverick, but now I know. I won't hesitate to purchse 2 mavericks and transplant as soon as I can. Heh, anyone interested in 2 full ppk nf (bondo) shells?

By the way, extremely clean mod, nice!

#52550 Nite Finder: Old Vs New

Posted by PissBacon on 15 April 2005 - 12:54 AM in General Nerf

Does anyone know, based on experience or word of mouth, if the new n-strike nite finder is worse or better than the old one. I'm aware the new one has a different barrel/dart size, but is the actual range, quality, and/or modibility of the gun different? Thanks.

#61540 Nintendo Medley

Posted by PissBacon on 09 August 2005 - 08:10 PM in Off Topic

Heh, you have the noodleboy avatar but you don't know what JTHM is. By the way, I've played some old videogame compositions before; it is pretty fun on the piano.

#51450 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by PissBacon on 03 April 2005 - 04:11 AM in General Nerf

I'm pretty confident he was being sarcastic.
-Piss

#65332 New Version Bbb Mod

Posted by PissBacon on 08 October 2005 - 03:39 PM in Modifications

Aw crap! You beat me to it, along with my bbb mod I had a grey and black paintjob, but I've been too busy to finish up the mod. Ah well, nicely done anyways.

#64242 New Topic To Get Away From The Sniper Topic!

Posted by PissBacon on 24 September 2005 - 02:31 AM in General Nerf

Surrounding the barrel with flexible materials like hot glue and e-tape will not keep it from bending out of line when it's dropped; they will just flex with it. Not only that, but this doesn't answer the original question

To make sure a barrel is straight, the method will really depend on what gun you are modding. For something like a blast bazooka with a long barrel, you can use a pendulum. Get a right angle to mark a line along the barrel stub; this will be a reference point, so it is important the line be straight so the barrel will be too. While the barrel/stub of the gun is facing the ground, attach the pendulum (probably tape) so that it runs along the marked line, physically touching it. I'm lucky enough to have a vice in my room, but use whatever is convenient to hold the gun in place while doing this alignment. To make sure it's lined up both left-right and foreward-backward, you need to see both if the string lines up with the line and if the string is parallel to the barrel stub.

The black lines are the gun, orange is the barrel/stub and pink is the pendulum.
Perspective is you looking at the gun while its stub points towards the ground.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Good ------------------- Bad --------------- Bad
Using paint images: just goes to show how inarticulate I am.

It really depends on the gun; on some guns you can use decorations that go across the gun lengthwise that are clearly parallel to the barrel instead of using a right angle. After you have the pendulum where you want it, just put the barrel in the stub, making sure it lines up with the pendulum, and glue.

#73099 New Lbb

Posted by PissBacon on 13 February 2006 - 09:36 PM in Modifications

I can't help but laugh at how comfortably this thread jumped a year. The lbb is a helluva gun for less than $15 usd; and before I got a bbb, I was about to clip mod this one. Just adding about 1.5 of brass works just as well as I don't use the lbb too much, but it is incredibly powerful especially by the dollar.

#48936 New Lanard Gun?

Posted by PissBacon on 07 March 2005 - 12:29 AM in General Nerf

Yup I think i saw that a few weeks ago when I headed over to TRU for an at3k twin pack. I'm not up to date on what people know about lanard guns, so I assumed that gun was already well known. They had a pile of lanard clones.

#35829 New Dart Design

Posted by PissBacon on 29 August 2004 - 08:48 PM in Homemades

Airsoft, do you mean spiral grooves or what? And yes it does require precise cutting and shaping to make these darts work properly. It might be also possible to create a steeper angle of cut so that there is more spiral push on the dart.

#35772 New Dart Design

Posted by PissBacon on 29 August 2004 - 05:19 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

I was reading some topics on darts and got this idea. It's (clearly) based on the Stefan dart, but on the end you can see I did something a little different. Using a new and sharp xacto blade cut it into that shape as cleanly and symmetricly as possible. Then, heat up the xacto blade with the hot tip of a glue gun. Using the xacto, make all 4 flat surfaces on the back there a bit melted using the xacto's flat sides so that air won't pass through. Add the weight and hot glue on the other end as usual, and you probably shouldn't bore a hole in this kind of dart. So far I've only made these with 1/2 inch rod, and I do 2 1/4 inches long, and the 1/4 inch area is cut. I don't have enough of these made yet to do comparison testing (they take a long time), but I would guess they will improve accuracy based on the same concept that makes bicycles work.

EDIT: I think I'll call it the Bacon Dart.

#35921 New Dart Design

Posted by PissBacon on 30 August 2004 - 09:37 PM in Homemades

3DBBQ go ahead and use my design in your site.
I've been busy with school and all, but I'll try to get some comparisons in soon. It seems most of my guns are out of comission at the moment, but I have a feeling these will work best in my 19 inch modded storm2000. I'll try it out with stuff like my tech target too though.

#58865 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by PissBacon on 08 July 2005 - 01:09 AM in Off Topic

I'm just about done rigging up a pc too (AMD XP 3000+ venice). Hopefully my friends with more money invested in little electronic things will set it up too. I've been diagnosed with marfan syndrome as well; it's all very weird. They say when I'm running my heart could explode or something.

#58869 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by PissBacon on 08 July 2005 - 02:43 AM in Off Topic

Yes, if you have dial-up or don't want to be always connected to the internet, it can process while you are offline. I can't wait til i get my friends on this; they leave their computers on for weeks at a time.

Despite getting some weird ultrasound on my heart, they doctor wasn't sure about the hearty-explody thing, so I still run every day; it was probably the most expensive physical I've ever gone in for (insurance didn't cover ultrasound for some reason).

EDIT: I'm going to have to take back what I said since it was extremely vague. What you are asking about requires a bit of extra work; it isn't exactly simple. For help working offline at times, check out this forum discussion.

#49199 Nerf Roller Skates?

Posted by PissBacon on 09 March 2005 - 11:15 PM in General Nerf

Woah, if I remember correctly, I had a pair of those when I was younger. Since I lived on a very steep hill, I used to ride them around the house, until one day I decided feet work better.

#39971 Need Help

Posted by PissBacon on 27 October 2004 - 01:16 AM in General Nerf

I've lost a tooth because of nerf before as well. The dart flew and suddenly there was a bunch of powder in my mouth. It broke to the vein.

#82699 My Mini Nitefinder

Posted by PissBacon on 03 June 2006 - 03:02 PM in Modifications

I wish I could remember the name of the user, so I could credit them, but a long time ago I recall the first nitefinder minimization write-up which involved bondo. Some time after I discovered that thread, I did it to 2 nfs and they really are nice. I even got rid of the circular part on the shell, but carefully as it contained the trigger mechanism. More recently I'm considering junking these to do the nitefinder-maveric mod two times, as these were original nfs.

Wait, here it is

#48173 Modded Tech Target

Posted by PissBacon on 27 February 2005 - 01:09 PM in Modifications

Hmm, yes I have read about how to mod SSPBs before. I have plugged the pump handle already; as for the barrel, I thought if I do it, I should at least get a stock picture first since it won't fit so nicely after that. The aluminum pipe will fit nicely based on my measurements. For anyone trying to do this mod, keep in mind you can't just set in the sspb. It is slightly too tall, which means you have to separate the pump from the barrel, and shorten that connection slightly. On a last note, I have never seen that tank expansion mod, I need to try that.

PS: Internals

Posted Image
You have to carve out a great deal of excess.
Posted Image
Sorry, look closely.
Posted Image
The hole in the valve trigger.
Posted Image
The rod used to fire the sspb.

#48157 Modded Tech Target

Posted by PissBacon on 27 February 2005 - 04:00 AM in Modifications

I integrated a secret strike for good measure.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Close up <_<

Posted Image
Close up of secondary firing mechanism (look hard, thin metal rod).

When I hold the gun with my [right] hand, my thumb rests nicely om the metal bit for firing the second dart, while my index finger is on the trigger; I can fire both darts at once. Sorry that the images are low quality; I only have my webcam available at the moment.

#48204 Modded Sm750

Posted by PissBacon on 27 February 2005 - 04:54 PM in Modifications

What is the actual barrel material? It looks similar to the aluminum I use on all my guns. Also, in my experience with m+m tubes, they always just blow open when I pull the trigger.

#72439 Micro Titan

Posted by PissBacon on 05 February 2006 - 10:24 PM in Modifications

Was it based on this?

It is a little smaller though, a good thing. Is pumping it awkward at all, or is there enough room?

P.S. I have the same exact keyboard.

EDIT: By the way, the second page shows some pics of it all purdied up.

#64367 Micro Hornet!

Posted by PissBacon on 26 September 2005 - 12:28 AM in Modifications

Couldn't the pump have stayed in the same area of the gun (below the handle, in the case) with a little trimming?

EDIT: I don't have a hornet myself to do this (or I would have already), but it seems very possible.

#45127 Merry Christmas

Posted by PissBacon on 30 December 2004 - 06:37 AM in Off Topic

Silver is, I think, the best metal conductor, but I'm not totally sure so don't hold me to it. I know it's not gold because it's too soft.

not to go crazy on correcting people.. but how soft a metal is has nothing to do with conductivity. In fact, gold is a great conductor, hence its use in lots of electric connections, especially audio connectors.

For xmas i got a crybaby 535Q and 13 Songs

#48538 Magazine-fed Fast-action Nerf Rifle

Posted by PissBacon on 02 March 2005 - 11:59 PM in Homemades

I don't think I'd want to be shot at by that.. seriously.
PS: Absolutely Incredible.

#36277 Long Range Weapon

Posted by PissBacon on 02 September 2004 - 11:32 PM in General Nerf

My favorite is my modded storm2k

#55773 Litestep

Posted by PissBacon on 27 May 2005 - 01:24 PM in Off Topic

I've worked a lot with litestep since when I first discovered it, and from what I gather, memory leaks are a result of poorly designed shells.

#55743 Litestep

Posted by PissBacon on 26 May 2005 - 10:35 PM in Off Topic

I've been trying to find help for a while, so I thought it would be worth asking here while I'm at it. For anyone who knows about litestep, do you know some basics about how it is programmed? About a week ago I got v24.7 and it came with a friendly and simple theme called 'austerity'. However, I'm not sure exactly, but at some point in using litestep, things went very wrong. I tried changing a few basic things in the codes, as the manual for the theme had offered specific advice for beginners. When I tried out a couple new themes though, they installed modules to run properly (this could be the source of the issue). The main problem now is, no matter what theme I run, they all have the same damn 'popup' when clicking on the desktop, and the normal shift+LClick does not even cause a popup to occur anymore. This seems very odd to me, as I can't think of any reason for this to have changed, other than maybe testing out other themes. Thanks if you have some advice, and if not, well I guess I wasted my time.

UPDATE: I have a sneaking suspicion that it has something to do with the "/litestep/personal/popup.rc" file, especially the first few code lines talking about default popups and allowing new popups. Still boggled nonetheless.

UPDATE: I've completely fixed the issue. Check out the end result; it is pretty nice
screenshot

#64311 Limewire

Posted by PissBacon on 25 September 2005 - 12:07 PM in Off Topic

It doesn't matter if it was a little long; I was waiting for someone to correct rambo's misconceptions. On a further note about getting busted, usually the RIAA goes after 'supernodes', especially ones who share tons of files, since they are the biggest problem. So if you're using one of those programs, don't enable supernode features, and like it's been said already, don't share too many files.

#52353 Lifes On Sale At Walmart

Posted by PissBacon on 12 April 2005 - 05:13 PM in General Nerf

Maybe by 'suck your balls up and play paintball' he meant that paintball was for males whose testicles hadn't dropped yet.

#63766 Laptop

Posted by PissBacon on 17 September 2005 - 01:21 AM in Off Topic

Alienware sentia all the way over here. I got mine for about 900 off alienware when they were having their sales. Those things are the shit...god i love alienware.

Oh man, you know alienware rips people off right? The money they make is in repackaging (alienware laptops are repackaged sager laptops) and 'cool' designs.

As for laptop choices, I'm not sure if the price would be a concern for this, but have you looked at IBM laptops at all? Some of my friends who have decided they need laptops own them, and they are very sturdy, well designed laptops.

#48940 Language

Posted by PissBacon on 07 March 2005 - 01:45 AM in Off Topic

First I learned English, then Spanish [2yrs], now Japanese [2 yrs so far..].

#34934 Ipod's Dirty Secret

Posted by PissBacon on 23 August 2004 - 02:09 AM in Off Topic

The gigabeat is also better than the ipod. http://www.toshiba.c...0j/products.htm

Personally, I'm waiting for the PSP.

#65007 Ipod Nano Article

Posted by PissBacon on 04 October 2005 - 03:50 AM in Off Topic

I've been needing a better mp3 player for about 4 years, barely getting by on my old archos jukebox recorder 20, and so I bought a nano the same day they were released. It's very nice for me, since I hate electronics bulging in my pockets when they should be portable (kill me for not being overweight and/or wearing baggy clothing). The nano came out only a few days after my birthday, so I lumped some b-day money together, and do not regret the buy. I do have ~40gb of music, but it's not hard for me to choose what I want to carry with me.

#63788 Internals Of Ertl Fs-1010

Posted by PissBacon on 17 September 2005 - 05:11 PM in Modifications

For $25 I definitely can't justify the purchase; the thing looks poorly made too.

#48219 Inklink

Posted by PissBacon on 27 February 2005 - 09:14 PM in Off Topic

I've played before. I remember seeing some crazy drawings of master chief on a halo forum.

#36830 Impressive Paint Jobs?

Posted by PissBacon on 09 September 2004 - 11:37 PM in General Nerf

All mine!

Posted Image

#49067 If You Could Ask Hasrbo

Posted by PissBacon on 08 March 2005 - 09:46 PM in General Nerf

Please don't flame for perpetuating this off topic discussion, but the site they were referring to was http://www.emachineshop.com/ They do custom parts, but it only makes sense for certain machined parts. Making a gun shell, for example, would be a vast waste of money, and complicated to work with their system.

#48736 If You Could Ask Hasrbo

Posted by PissBacon on 05 March 2005 - 02:00 AM in General Nerf

I would ask them if they ever plan to re-release the powerclip. They should make it with a camo paintjob if they do.

#62042 How Is The Lbb...

Posted by PissBacon on 16 August 2005 - 01:18 AM in General Nerf

Dude, check out the mods section (http://nerfhaven.com/mods/haze_bb/)

Some of its lack of popularity may be due to inferior quality (mainly durability) when compared to Hasbro alternatives (though it sure is accessible at $10). I still consider it a decent gun and bought a second after modding my first though. If you're concerned about range you can search to find what other people are getting with the guns you mentioned

#47600 How Do You Modify A Ss2?

Posted by PissBacon on 20 February 2005 - 01:39 AM in Modifications

Sharp Shooter or Secret Shot?