Viper's Content

There have been 471 items by Viper (Search limited from 18-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#43667 Using A Silencer

Posted by Viper on 09 December 2004 - 08:35 PM in Homemades

Silencers work but I don't really see the need except for looks or the novelty of it being "queit." Silencers are still very cool though and are easy to make.

#48727 TV Show Nerf Sightings

Posted by Viper on 05 March 2005 - 12:25 AM in Off Topic

I don't know if I'd admit to watching Will and Grace on a consitent basis...... <_<

#47753 TV Show Nerf Sightings

Posted by Viper on 22 February 2005 - 01:05 AM in Off Topic

I started one on this a while back. I remember on ESPN halftime Charles and Kenny had Tek six's and were shooting each other. In 1994, while congress was discussing budget deficits, reporters caught them shooting each other with ballzooka's. I'm guessing it was on C-Span, the channel that myself and 2 other canadians watch.

#40324 Turret Gun

Posted by Viper on 31 October 2004 - 01:09 AM in Homemades

Sounds like it would be unique and accomplishable. I'll try ot get a diagrpahm of a past air-pressure powered pump gun.

#41397 True Self Expression

Posted by Viper on 11 November 2004 - 12:15 AM in Off Topic

This may seem irrelevant, but my little brother is a super martial art flla. He combines various black arts with arts like akido and bruce lee's fighting form and then uses jujitsu and ninjitsu to mix it up a little. I know he studies Muhaammed Ali's footwork and again, bruce lee whom based his footwork off of Ali's.
s

#41558 True Self Expression

Posted by Viper on 12 November 2004 - 11:32 PM in Off Topic

Muy Thai boxing? Ins't that that crazy cloe quarters martial art in which people litterly grab people by the back of the neck and knee the fuck out of them?

#39748 Tru Sale

Posted by Viper on 24 October 2004 - 08:42 PM in General Nerf

I can't seem to find any N-strike's around my area. Thanks 1 man clan

#53242 Track&field, Cross Country, Bicycling

Posted by Viper on 22 April 2005 - 09:46 PM in Off Topic

I do the 100m and 200m mainly. My times are 11.2 and 24.8. I am horrbile at distance though, I ran like a 3:01:00 800m once :nugget:

If anyone knows the national rankings and where to find them look for Milford High School and see where we're ranked, I'm curious.

#47693 Toy Fair In New York Next Week

Posted by Viper on 21 February 2005 - 12:14 PM in General Nerf

You guys are aware that there is a self-pumping full auto gun that's still unreleased but designed by Lonnie Johnson. Not to say that they are that, but.....

#47607 Toy Fair In New York Next Week

Posted by Viper on 20 February 2005 - 01:56 AM in General Nerf

Sweet!!! Thanks again sofa! The Nerf Rev-8 sounds promising and so do the rapid-fire blasters. The Rev-8's power-up is a cpoy off the electric eel it sounds like.

#47712 Toy Fair In New York Next Week

Posted by Viper on 21 February 2005 - 05:58 PM in General Nerf

Auto pumps can fit easily in your hand, just look at the ones the robotics guys used at Otawa. There could be a battery in the handle too. Oh well, all arrows point to it being a cocking gun.

#39693 Towards A Reliable Fully Auto Homemade

Posted by Viper on 24 October 2004 - 01:57 AM in Homemades

Thanks thirst, your design is extremely simple and easy to follow. That brings an interesting idea to the table, a simple tube clip like the ones used in paintball. Though darts are not spherical, if the fit were tight enough I could see where the darts would fall into place. That design could work for a semi auto also.

#39727 Towards A Reliable Fully Auto Homemade

Posted by Viper on 24 October 2004 - 01:43 PM in Homemades

SWeet thirst! I know 1 of Lonnie Johnson's deisgn's used an actuator to control firing. 80 shots? crazy

#40056 Towards A Reliable Fully Auto Homemade

Posted by Viper on 27 October 2004 - 08:27 PM in Homemades

Could I get a link to boltsniper's?

#39605 Towards A Reliable Fully Auto Homemade

Posted by Viper on 23 October 2004 - 09:23 AM in Homemades

I was curious if anyone stumbled upon any designs for a fully auto mehcanism for a nerf gun that could be made with normal materials that could be found in a hardware store. I've been experimenting a bit but I can't seem to get the timing right on rotation and get very much power.

#39645 Towards A Reliable Fully Auto Homemade

Posted by Viper on 23 October 2004 - 05:16 PM in Homemades

I've been trying it myself, and I know it is almost impossible. The timing needs to be so insanely precise, but I still think its possible.

#43208 Titan/2k

Posted by Viper on 02 December 2004 - 10:17 PM in Modifications

That's probably the most practical inegration I have yet to see. Imagine a perfect loser/trooper combo then look at that. Amazing, southpaw I must tip my hat to you. :D

#40327 Titan Mod Problems

Posted by Viper on 31 October 2004 - 01:37 AM in Modifications

I plugged the air release valve on my titan and it worked fine for awhile, but now I get resistance as I just start pumping instead of the usual when you pump it inot the cfheck vavle. I openeed it up and I believe I could see strain marks on the plaststic close to the check valve.

#40364 Titan Mod Problems

Posted by Viper on 31 October 2004 - 02:35 PM in Modifications

I was using prob like 40 pumps. It had enough power to make my little brother's ears ring from the air pressure. It still works fine, just I get much more resistance now. Timmitop does it still retain air?

#40413 Titan Mod Problems

Posted by Viper on 31 October 2004 - 06:39 PM in Modifications

I don't think my camera has that type of resolution, but thanks anyway, nerfspecialforces and ompa. timmi, Open the gun up and make sure that the trigger pulls back on this black metal rod until the tank opens up.

#48501 Titan Envy?

Posted by Viper on 02 March 2005 - 07:42 PM in General Nerf

Permanently disfigured? Maybe if you had a handgrenade attached to a dart head. The titan is very powerful,but its got similiar ranges when modded to shoots darts as the sm5000, at least I think but takes a long time to prime. I say anything should be legal in nerf wars as long as it shoots foam and doesn't disinegrate the darts like some of my co2 guns that I've made that put 2 nice bb holes in the wall every time I shoot it, after the bb weights go through the foam. I say let em' use the titan, indoor or outdoor, unless they have a good shotgun load or have a great first shot, they're gone as soon as they have to reload. My titan has interchangable ballista and 1/2" PETG 24" barrels on it.

#48463 Titan Envy?

Posted by Viper on 02 March 2005 - 03:50 PM in General Nerf

The really bid difference is reload time. I could get off like 4 shots with a crossbow before I could get a titan up to power. The feel is very different also.

#48579 Titan Envy?

Posted by Viper on 03 March 2005 - 02:58 PM in General Nerf

Having a blood burst is very likely, stallion from that type of injury.

#40341 Thrift Stores?

Posted by Viper on 31 October 2004 - 11:15 AM in General Nerf

Thanks okto. I live near detroit michigan off m-59 highland road (milford). I think I've seen a few.

#40471 Thrift Stores?

Posted by Viper on 01 November 2004 - 02:28 PM in General Nerf

Sorry cxwq, I didn't bother to do the calculations. I guess he was a bullshiter. I bought 6 powerclips off amazon a while back for $5 each and sold 4 of the each for over $30, so it can at least be supplemental. Think if you bought 300 of them at $5 each = 1500 and sold each for 30 = 9000 revenue. That's discluding the auciton fees and the such and now I am convinced a decent income is impossible, but you could help pay for college or at least survive through it that way. I've made about 1500 off all my mcdonalds' paychecks at 6.50 an hour and made over 2grand off all my nerf guns i've sold, in profit. 2 grand in 6 months isn't much, but its still some money. A week ago some guy 60 units of tornado x-2 pieces for $77 + $100 shipping. If you could buy in bulk, though its not really aftermarket, then you could make a great deal of money.

#40478 Thrift Stores?

Posted by Viper on 01 November 2004 - 04:23 PM in General Nerf

The only other idea that I though would work would be mass-scale thrift store involvement. The buyer would contact major thrift stores and set up a deal to resell the nerf toys for about 2x the price and the buyer would use private investors and loans to purchase these and pu them up for auction, then I realized everything in the process would have to be automated and even putting them up for auction would require many people. In the end, you are right it is impossible to make any reasonable amount of money off of nerf guns. Amazon's sale lasted a little while, so there were prob more than 300 of them, so if I can I will bankrole as many as I can get if it ever happens again. It would be interesting to start an extreme sports store that included modded nerf,airsoft, and paintball. You could maybe get hasbro to support such an experimental establishment and expand their revenue after people raalize how much cheaper nerf is and much more balanced of a game it is, how much fun the mod process is, and consequently how much easier it is to organize a game.

#40325 Thrift Stores?

Posted by Viper on 31 October 2004 - 01:14 AM in General Nerf

Anyone know of specfic thrift stores you guys have found that carry a great deal of nerf guns?

#40463 Thrift Stores?

Posted by Viper on 01 November 2004 - 01:45 PM in General Nerf

I was just curious cuz a guy I bought from in georgia makes his living off buying nerf guns at thrift stores and selling them on ebay. He makes over 50K a year tax free of it.

#62668 Thoughts On The New Xm8 Assault Rifle?

Posted by Viper on 28 August 2005 - 05:26 PM in Off Topic

The XM8 appears to be a great rifle in its ability to be quickly converted to just about any type of weapon. The recoil shouldn't be bad and the weapon itself is quite light. They do say that it's ability to fire high volumes of rounds is unproven and that the saw does well in that area. The barrels can be removed quickly as just about any other part of the weapon can from its modular design.

Through all these neat features still lies a clone of a G36, basically the design itself is no engineering marvel from the respect that there is still a firing pin and it is still gas operated. I read on NHQ from boltsniper stating that the AR has better accuracy because of its gas piston? I just want to hear people's thoughts on the possible switch.

#62676 Thoughts On The New Xm8 Assault Rifle?

Posted by Viper on 28 August 2005 - 06:55 PM in Off Topic

The rifle itself is deisgned by HKUSA. Its still foreign, but I wouldn't think we'd risk our nations sovereinty by choosing the XM8 the M4. Isn't this system supposed to be easier to maintain vs. the M4? I suppose the M4 already has these capabilites considering that we have commando,loser, and support variations of the M4. Now what would you think of the military switching to .308 for their main rifles vs the .223 Remington? I read the reasoning for such a hot, flat shooting caliber but with the M4 a three shot burst/semi rifle only, do we still need that ability to carry more .223 than .308?

#52527 This Mod Kicks My Mod's Ass

Posted by Viper on 14 April 2005 - 07:11 PM in Modifications

I talked to the guy who built that robot and all of his peers including him used this site as a source for nerf. They did have the ingenious idea of a self-pumping gun, though Lonnie thought of it first.

#49107 This Guy...

Posted by Viper on 09 March 2005 - 03:16 PM in Off Topic

I wasn't there, but in the guys defense its kinda hard to keep a tally when you're in that situation. I doubt it was used as propaganda, for we would have heard more about that particular guy more. Maybe it was like 26? Even then or if its like 3 the guy still deserves the honor. I have a great deal of admiration for anyone who fights for our freedom.

#62666 The Ubs (universal Barrel System)

Posted by Viper on 28 August 2005 - 05:14 PM in Modifications

99 cents per foot isn't that expensive. If you buy 10 feet of my PETG that's enough for 10 or 20 barrels. The Brass is 3-4x as expensive, but you don't need that much.

#62617 The Ubs (universal Barrel System)

Posted by Viper on 27 August 2005 - 09:19 PM in Modifications

Wow that's quite original, having a multi-diameter barrel system that can be mass produced. I'm looking forward to future right-ups.

#38647 The Real 1964 Ultimator

Posted by Viper on 09 October 2004 - 06:09 AM in General Nerf

[sonic gun

#38803 The Real 1964 Ultimator

Posted by Viper on 11 October 2004 - 03:55 PM in General Nerf

Its up to about $500 now. Pretty amazing machine, it doesn't shoot any projectiles people, sry for not clearing that up before sofaking. There's some other 1959 Agent zero gadgets up for auction too.

#46438 The Possibility Of Lemons

Posted by Viper on 23 January 2005 - 08:07 PM in General Nerf

That makes sense, since an unmodded eab would get about 20 feet flat (36 max). Where do you get your spring replacements cxwq? I think it was the nerf shadow company that posted the first EAB mod. 60' flat on a modded BBB is very good. I use 24" of PETG tubing to achieve a 154.6 average flat max on 7 pumps. I just use a "bullet" like dart, with like 70% of it being glue.

#46403 The Possibility Of Lemons

Posted by Viper on 22 January 2005 - 10:31 PM in General Nerf

Ya, that's why I use max ranges angled just cuz its so hard to be perfectly parrallel to the ground. my ranges are usually inflated since my driveway slants up to the firing point, but my maverick ranges are accurate, though like I stated, are not perfectly flat. You're crossbow could use some surgical tubing it sounds like. CXWQ is completely correct in that 90% of all ranges are BULLSHIT. Eabs with correct banding may get 100' flat since unbanded get 75-80' flat

#37556 The Perfect Bbb Mod?

Posted by Viper on 21 September 2004 - 12:30 AM in Modifications

DO NOT internam band it for it just screw it up. The barrel you mentioned should work out perfectly though.

#37011 The New G5 From Apple

Posted by Viper on 12 September 2004 - 11:58 AM in Off Topic

a dual 2 GHZ processors outperform 2 xeon 4.8GHZ processors, bceause they have 64 bit technology. G5's are rediculouly powerful, and the successor to the xbox has 3 powerpc chips clocked at 3.5+ each according to the diagrams. Integration w/ XboxNext will enable it to have tons of gaming interest. Right now, Gates sends out g5's to the developers of XboxNext games. Why do you think all the sudden, so many gaming companies are putting games on Mac's also?