cheyner's Content

There have been 215 items by cheyner (Search limited from 19-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#281178 ...

Posted by cheyner on 24 July 2010 - 09:06 PM in Modifications

I say use a plastic welder or even a soldering iron and melt the two ends together. Thats the only thing that I've found you can do when glues wont work.

When people use the term plastic or solvent weld, it doesn't mean using a deice to literally melt/weld the plastic pieces together through heat....

Solvent welding uses a solvent (chemical) to dissolve the surface of the plastic and re-harden the two pieces into one piece.

And when he says plastic welder, or soldering iron, he means literally melting/welding the plastic pieces together through heat.
Did you see the word "solvent" anywhere in his post?

Heating the ends with something is most likely going to be your only option. The tricky part will be making sure you dont push to much together, making the priming rod curve.
I do not have one here in front of me, but you should be able to use a small ringed finishing nail to strengthen the joint, like you did with the catch.

#315615 2012 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by cheyner on 12 May 2012 - 09:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Month of Event: June
[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22573&pid=315613&st=0&#entry315613]23rd [Ont] K.I.N.G.[/url]

#327834 2013 New Releases Mod Contest

Posted by cheyner on 09 March 2013 - 02:56 PM in News

Excuse the stupid question, but for the factor of release dates, are there any regional considerations? For example, the Stockade has been released overseas pre-2013, but has yet to be officially released in the US.

Considering the number of modders across the Pacific in particular, I thought some clarification might be helpful.

Not just overseas, we have had them in Canada since at least Christmas.

#281535 3-way Valve Barrel Adapter

Posted by cheyner on 28 July 2010 - 09:01 PM in Modifications

What is this adapter actually used for? I tried looking at work, but realized I have no idea what section to look in. Is it for use with air lines?

#281545 3-way Valve Barrel Adapter

Posted by cheyner on 28 July 2010 - 11:04 PM in Modifications

You're making me feel less than helpful, bro!

Just showing the existance and usage of such a piece is more than enough help.
This seems like it should be used for many things, I just wanted to make sure it wasnt exclusive to one thing. It should be easy enough to find.
As soon as I can find the right fittings in my area, I should have a decent homemade version of this as well.

#282105 3-way Valve Barrel Adapter

Posted by cheyner on 04 August 2010 - 01:57 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
*cough* $1.98 *cough*

Son of a bitch!, thats the exact peice I have been trying to find! And in plastic none the less. I can only find those guys in brass around here.
They have a bit more deadspace in them, but it will still get the job done.

#282322 3-way Valve Barrel Adapter

Posted by cheyner on 06 August 2010 - 01:33 PM in Modifications

I found something else that will work, it is a shower diverter.
Posted ImagePosted Image
They are both $9 however.

An insanly simple idea just hit me while searching those photo's, I should have something shortly.

#320919 30 round Absolver/shotgun attachment

Posted by cheyner on 23 August 2012 - 06:05 PM in Darts and Barrels

Princexbuster made a shotgun RSCB a few years ago, look for his commission thread to see his, I also know there is a video for it, but you will have to find both of those yourself.

This is what my version of it looks like:

Posted Image

#274256 A Gift For The Milsim Lovers!

Posted by cheyner on 07 May 2010 - 04:13 PM in Off Topic

I'm more concerned to learn from that page that we are slowly running out of rocks.

#308037 A pair of Sonic Bazooka mods

Posted by cheyner on 04 December 2011 - 09:26 PM in Modifications

I like the coupler set up, but you really killed your ranges with those "smaller tubes".
Try it without the disks and smaller tubes, all you need is three barrels, and it's pretty easy to make sure your barrels do not go past that ridge.

But yeah, I like that coupler set up, should save a shit-ton of hot glue.

#318147 Air Blaster (Rebel Trooper Blaster Knock-Off) Modification

Posted by cheyner on 07 July 2012 - 07:20 PM in Modifications

Gage, springs at Home Depot are in the same isle as the nuts and bolts, at least in Kingston they are. Canadian Tire will also have springs that should fit, same isle as the nuts and bolts as well. Home Hardware is useless for most things, and Rona is hit-or-miss. That pretty much covers the major Canadian hardware stores.
FYI, you and Curly live pretty close to each other (during the week), like biking distance close, take advantage of having another nerfer so close to you. It's rare in this province outside of Scarborough and Mississauga.

Edit: Curly, he joined CanNerf and posted a more precise location.

#318035 Air Blaster (Rebel Trooper Blaster Knock-Off) Modification

Posted by cheyner on 05 July 2012 - 06:54 PM in Modifications

Good work, you will have to do something with the plunger rod though if you plan on adding any springs or rubber bands to it. It will snap like a twig otherwise. The spring from these are good for adding to other blasters, they will nest under most springs.
Have you shown your mother rotary pipe cutters? They are safer than most other kinds.

Also, you live where about 99% of the wars in Canada happen, you should click the link in my signature and join, at least half of the wars only get posted there.

#315923 Air Tank Tube Connection

Posted by cheyner on 20 May 2012 - 07:29 PM in Modifications

Another impressive post by MiG.

I will have to make use of this technique if I ever get around to finishing my double 4B.

McMaster will ship to Canada, at least they would to the company a buddy of mine used to work for, but that also might have something to do with it being an international company. I'm sure they would not ship to individuals in Canada.

#322764 Air Zone Triple Shot, Discontinued?

Posted by cheyner on 18 October 2012 - 09:01 PM in General Nerf

You went to the same store twice looking for something and didn't think to ask somebody that works there?
Maybe you should try that, then if they do still sell them they can order you one.

#326928 Airtech 2000 mod problems

Posted by cheyner on 17 February 2013 - 07:09 PM in Modifications

Plug your pump better. Although your wording makes it seem like its not actually a problem at all.

#269252 Ammo Question

Posted by cheyner on 15 March 2010 - 09:51 PM in Darts and Barrels

Your range would probably suck hard, but you could try and make it like a ball shooter. By this i mean, put a lip on the end of the barrel. You could then use the barrel as an inline clip. Instead of balls use your footballs.

#280635 Another Homade Wye Guide

Posted by cheyner on 18 July 2010 - 09:28 PM in Homemades

Have you tested this yet? It seems like the dart would get snagged on the Tee, where it goes from the 45 to a 90 degree angle.

This wye work extremely well although I don't understand why people ask me this question when they probably have the materials to go and make one. ( Not flaming you cheyner it's just that most people have the materials to go and make one.)

Yes most people do have the materials to make a wye. I ask because you say nothing about making the the actual 90 degree angle of the tee into a 45 degree angle. You cut off the top coupler, then glued on another coupler cut at a 45 degree angle. That means there would be a lip that is on a 90 degree angle right at the end of the 45. So, are your darts bending even more to get around this? Or did you sand it out so there is no lip?

#280511 Another Homade Wye Guide

Posted by cheyner on 17 July 2010 - 04:12 PM in Homemades

Have you tested this yet? It seems like the dart would get snagged on the Tee, where it goes from the 45 to a 90 degree angle.

#271600 Automatic Design Question

Posted by cheyner on 07 April 2010 - 05:48 PM in Homemades

If you build that, it has a 50/50 chance of breaking every time you let go of the trigger. There's nothing to stop the trigger from catching behind the plunger and totally fucking everything up.

There's a bunch of other problems too, probably, but none that would totally prevent this from working as much as your trigger design.

The trigger problem would be easily solved just by cutting the back of the trigger into a slant. That way if it does go "behind" the plunger, it will simply slide over and catch the right way.

#289486 Barrel Tapping - A Cheap Shot?

Posted by cheyner on 30 November 2010 - 12:18 PM in General Nerf

Another thing I have noticed being a problem, if somebody walks up to you and ask's if you are in or out, dont try and tap them, it will end badly for you next time.

#269393 Basic Sharpshooter Ii Mods/repairs

Posted by cheyner on 16 March 2010 - 09:55 PM in Modifications

These blaster's are diffinantly worth holding onto. I did the same thing to mine with similar ranges.
Does anybody know exactly why the bottom barrel has more power? Is it because of the selector? Even stock the bottom barrel has more kick. Also, I'm glad you kept the 2 barrels, I hate seeing these singled if the selector works fine.

#279271 Battle Max Markerball Sceptor V1.0

Posted by cheyner on 02 July 2010 - 02:59 PM in Modifications

Son of a bitch, I have passed these up the last 4 times I have been to this liquidation store, $20 CND!
Now I have to go make sure they still have some, amazing find TantumBull.

Fuck, they sold the last one half an hour before I got there.

#293938 Bb Ultimate Berserker

Posted by cheyner on 05 February 2011 - 07:36 PM in General Nerf

Mine only has the sticker on one side.
I assumed it was normal though, considering Buzz-Bee almost never puts stickers on the side of a blaster that you cant see in the package.
Unless everything I have from Buzz-Bee has a defect, I'm pretty sure stickers on both sides would have made some sort of a point to this thread.

#301305 Blast Valve/QFD imitation

Posted by cheyner on 10 July 2011 - 02:17 PM in Homemades

That's Awesome Buff, you are on a tear with these air tanks.

You and your creations were greatly missed yesterday at Vengeance 5.

#312959 Blaster census information required!

Posted by cheyner on 16 March 2012 - 06:11 PM in General Nerf

I will have to wait to see the final price, but as long a shipping isn't too crazy to Canada I will buy some.

What about Ultimators or XXL Bazookas? My Ultimator missiles are pretty beat up, if these work on them I will buy even more.

#323853 Broken Guns

Posted by cheyner on 23 November 2012 - 03:53 PM in General Nerf

Must have rammed his cock in to hard.

#318452 Button slugs

Posted by cheyner on 13 July 2012 - 09:19 PM in Darts and Barrels

By that you mean 180 degree weather right?
I've never had that happen.

Then you have never nerfed on a hot sunny day. Even in Canada hot glue domes will melt and stick to the ground and any crap they come in contact with, I have experienced this on several occasions.

As for rubber buttons, they use them for Rugby shirts, so they are out there, just don't know how easy they would be to find.

#326835 Buzz Bee Panthers at Wal-Mart!

Posted by cheyner on 14 February 2013 - 05:29 PM in General Nerf

On topic, I have been trying to get a panther for so long! I have this awesome idea but it involves a panther (and duct tape), and here in Canada, kind of hard to find eh.

Have you not checked Wal-Marts in the GTA? I find it hard to believe not a single one would have them considering they have been at Wal-Marts in Canada since they first came out last fall.

#328721 Canada, NewBrunswick

Posted by cheyner on 13 April 2013 - 04:33 PM in Nerf Wars

You are the first and only Canadian Nerfer I have heard from/about on the east coast. Most of us are in Ontario, with a few in Quebec and out west. You are most likely going to have to get the scene in your area going yourself, it sucks, but can pay off with some work.
And here is a helpful tip, you will bunch up less panties if you post a thread saying you are hosting a war, as opposed to a thread looking for one.

#296359 Cerberus, Multibarrled Rotating Shotgun Attachment.

Posted by cheyner on 21 March 2011 - 05:05 PM in Homemades

Thats awesome, I think I just found my new fav DTC barrel setup.

#279792 Chainblazer Mod...singled?!?!

Posted by cheyner on 08 July 2010 - 10:47 PM in Modifications

That sir, is one fine peice of work. Makes me wish I didnt smash mine some 15 years ago.
And props on the spatula and cigar.

#293354 Clipped Barricade Now With Clip Lock/release

Posted by cheyner on 25 January 2011 - 05:12 PM in Modifications

I like it.
More people need to pull the fake barrel out, it looks awesome without it.

I saw a picture somewhere where somebody used the clip holder from a recon stock. It was crazy clean looking.

#285706 Cobra Drain Blaster Pump Replacement

Posted by cheyner on 18 September 2010 - 09:04 PM in Modifications

I like the pump replacement, I almost had to do one myself. I found my Pango at a Value Village, the pump was not actually pumping. I took it apart, left it for a month or so, and it magically worked when I put it back together.

HELLA BAM! My personal configuration with 6-barrel attachment. Really though it’s just for show just for this pic, I have yet to figger out a reasonable use other than the obvious 6-shot burst (which is actually quite effective).

Clearly, you have not fired a Titan missle with one of these. On my Pango, they hit just short of 100', arrows are also pretty entertaining to shoot as well. I find a barrel selector with a shot gun attatchment, and a Titan missle or 2 arrows is very effective.

#288467 Commlink Walkie Talkie

Posted by cheyner on 15 November 2010 - 10:19 PM in General Nerf

If you want something pretty steep, but awesome as hell, put cell phones in them.
Upgrade to the max.

Whatever you plan on, I hope you have these ready for the badlands in the spring.

#316891 CPVC scatter blast

Posted by cheyner on 11 June 2012 - 07:38 PM in Modifications

Doesn't this also have back-pressure tanks? I find they tend to need tighter barrels anyways.

I really like this, I keep meaning to mod mine, but keep getting sidetracked.

#268930 Cpvc, Hard To Find?

Posted by cheyner on 12 March 2010 - 06:42 PM in General Nerf

If you live in Canada go to a Home Hardware, or Home Building Centre. There's also Rona, in Kingston the Canadian Tires are useless, all 3 of them. Hell, Lowe's are starting to pop up like crazy too.

#329380 Dart-related Nerf war accidents and dart safety tests

Posted by cheyner on 05 May 2013 - 01:34 PM in Darts and Barrels

At one of the Vengeance's (4, I think) I took a shot to my eye glasses from about 30 feet away. The result was my glasses frame actually breaking and pushing the lens flatly into my eye with quite some force. It basically felt like I got punched in the eye, my vision out of that eye was fuzzy for about 10 minutes. The dart was most likely a 1/4" slingshot dome (Canada) fired by a brass breached 4B.

Posted Image

Here you can see where I got hit, the hit also bent the frame and stripped the screw holding the frame together on that side. This is why I always make sure to have a pair of safety glasses on over top of my eye glasses when I Nerf.

#308671 Darthrambelt: (principal has wide applictaion)

Posted by cheyner on 23 December 2011 - 08:18 PM in Modifications

I actually had a few other things to say, but was trying to not sound like a dick. But you are clearly a douche so why should I worry?

Nobody has said that your math is wrong, its what you are saying that is wrong. Pretty much every example you have given in defense has been wrong.

Yeah, how about I ask somebody your revolver question, then show them a Maverick and a Mustang 6 and watch their head explode.

You say that this is useful on something like a Vulcan because it can't have a longer barrel, yet this morning you said it can't even have a barrel, which is it? But wait! If we use that along with your revolver question, how the fuck does a Vulcan even work in the first place then? Could it possibly be because it has 25 "barrels" in the form of a chain?

Like I basically said on NRev, suck up your pride and realize what people are saying so we can move onto the actual mod and its applications.

Now lets move on from all of that, and get back to the actual mod.

Did you measure the length of tape you used? Have you tried different lengths?

#308667 Darthrambelt: (principal has wide applictaion)

Posted by cheyner on 23 December 2011 - 07:07 PM in Modifications

My bad, didn't realize you totally think Nerf guns are the same thing as a real gun, and that anything dealing with firearms can totally be related directly to Nerf.

#308640 Darthrambelt: (principal has wide applictaion)

Posted by cheyner on 23 December 2011 - 10:05 AM in Modifications

I think you are missing what everybody is telling you, on multiple sites.

So with your super awesome magical tape method, the rest of the "barrel" now has absolutely no effect on the dart? Shit, I guess everybody has been wrong all along, we should be using 1/2" long, super tight barrels on everything.

Yes, tightening rings do work exactly like this, so does sticking say a 1/2" long stub of 17/32 brass into Petg.

I have the feeling you have no idea how an Angel breach works, so you probably should not use it as an example. The tightening rings are there to build up more pressure, shockingly like your super innovative tape. What use would they be as a dart tooth? Considering a dart tooth would stop the dart from moving, notice how it moves out of the way on stock CS blasters after you load a dart? Pretty sure you can't take those rings out after you load a dart. If anything would be a dart tooth in this mod, it would be the 1/2" and 17/32" brass that pushes the dart into the rings.
But in the end, considering tightening rings are optional pretty much destroys any argument you have for them being a dart tooth.

Also, technically a Vulcan does have a barrel, 25 of them stock to be exact. Following your train of thought, pretty much every Nerf blaster that doesn't use streamlines doesn't have a barrel.

But yeah, Merry Christmas.