meatballica's Content

There have been 76 items by meatballica (Search limited from 21-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#325835 Question to all you modders

Posted by meatballica on 26 January 2013 - 12:30 AM in General Nerf

Larger diameter ammo of sorts. Like, 1 1/2" mongo darts.

Nerf's version of a breakaction grenade launcher

Air tanks and pumps

Single shot breeched guns

Maybe a new Titan like blaster but with some new twists to it

Detachable integration blasters similar to the Longshot and its corresponding Frontgun

More muzzle attachments

Maybe a Nerf tactical kit that comes with various attachments for blasters like a stock, ammo holder, etc

A loading style similar to pump action shotguns or with some other built in clip like that

I personally prefer having two grips on a blaster like on a Raider/Rampage instead of having a grip like an AlphaTrooper.

I also like a good area on the gun to be clear. Like on the Stampede where it had the section so you can see the bolt.

All of these are based solely on what I find would be fun or what I enjoy playing with. Not from a modding perspective. Other than maybe the airtanks and pumps but they do have their own playing style which I enjoy a lot.

#323356 Question about lubricant

Posted by meatballica on 07 November 2012 - 10:16 AM in Modifications

I don't see why it wouldn't be. However, it does seem like it'd make the inside of your gun messier than it should be. But even still, it should work just fine for all of your needs you described.

#322506 Vote for NH's Next Avatar Pack

Posted by meatballica on 12 October 2012 - 07:10 PM in Off Topic

Workaholics, please.

#321542 Nerf in Oklahoma

Posted by meatballica on 11 September 2012 - 10:09 AM in Nerf Wars

Well, there's me and several other people in Oklahoma. I live in Kiefer which is next to Sapulpa and go to college in Okmulgee at OSU-IT. Going to eventually see about holding a war there.

#310631 .22 Master Exam Design

Posted by meatballica on 03 February 2012 - 06:00 PM in Off Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this board meant fot NERF guns?

#310502 Another Simple 3D Printed Blaster

Posted by meatballica on 01 February 2012 - 10:57 AM in Homemades

Are the files for this gun on your site? I have access to a 3D printer and would like to print one out.

#310281 Hydro Cannon Blues...

Posted by meatballica on 28 January 2012 - 10:52 PM in Modifications

I picked up a Nerf Hydro Cannon this Winter in hopes of making a dick gun. I opened it up and realized it's leaking in the area it pivots to open the dump valve.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it fixable? It seems like it's mostly leaking out of the screw hole which I know is fixable but it's also leaking around that area.

#310061 The UTorrent (Rear loading, CPVC, Spring addition Torrent)

Posted by meatballica on 25 January 2012 - 10:18 AM in Modifications

Do you think a plunger tube replacement would be possible?

#309173 Oklahoma nerfers?

Posted by meatballica on 06 January 2012 - 10:22 AM in Nerf Wars

Figured I would go ahead and report in. Live in Stillwater, and don't get out to Nerf much. If anything gets started near enough to me, I'll be there. Also, I'm trying to drum up some support here; we're even talking to some people on OSU campus about HvZ. Anyway, keep me posted.

OSU-IT? I will be going there later this year. I hope to get Nerf started there if it hasn't already.

Anywho, I would rather not piss off Langley or any other of the awesome admins. If you have any suggestions, please PM me. I'm trying to get a war started for this Summer because I know a lot of good places. I know it's Mak's thread but Him, and I along with other members try to get the Nerf ball rolling here.

#306673 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by meatballica on 29 October 2011 - 03:12 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guess what that picture means....

#306317 Vortex Praxis high-capasity Magazine Mod

Posted by meatballica on 22 October 2011 - 04:12 PM in Modifications

Good write up. Though I missed why the 25 degree angle was necessary. I would suggest wrapping it in at least duct tape as those light protectors are a bit flimsy by themselves.

It's so the black piece at the bottom can fit in easier. Though, I'm sure you could just pressure fit it in but that'd cause stress on the clear part and possibly break it. But, I may be wrong. This is just my assumption.

#306097 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by meatballica on 17 October 2011 - 07:03 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

Haven't posted pics here before. This is from Louiec3

#302880 Lanard Shotgun Mod

Posted by meatballica on 05 August 2011 - 05:24 PM in Modifications

If I were you, I'd put half inch brass in the turret. Maybe, an inch or less and then put a 3 or 4 inch segment of 17/32 brass over it and do that to each barrel.

#301997 RADS-12 review and modding analysis

Posted by meatballica on 21 July 2011 - 07:24 PM in Modifications

Where the fuck is the spring rest!? It looks like it rests on the priming lever.

#301876 A Nerf gun leads to serious charges for a Quincy teen

Posted by meatballica on 20 July 2011 - 11:46 AM in General Nerf

It's common to charge them with as much as the authorities think is relevant. Charges get dropped and reduced as the investigation and resources get arrayed. Plus, it's the news. Liberal bias, Fox, whomever, "if it bleeds, it leads." I don't think it's worth quibbling over which exact charges are in play right now - what will matter to the accused is which charges are on the record when the court case begins (or when their lawyers finish negotiations.)

What matters right now is that they're jerks, and they're giving this hobby a bad name. We can't do much about the former, but I'm curious what we can do about the latter, if anything.

taerKitty, You're easily one of my favorite members here. You actually think ahead unlike a lot of other people here. But, you're right. There isn't much we can do now. We'll just have to see how this whole thing rolls out. I wouldn't worry too much about it. The media just blows shit out of preportion because nothing too exciting happens anymore on the news.

#301862 A Nerf gun leads to serious charges for a Quincy teen

Posted by meatballica on 20 July 2011 - 08:31 AM in General Nerf

I believe the assualt with a deadly weapon is referring(sp?) to the car that ran over the construction worker's leg. It's the only thing that could be considered deadly in the whole ordeal.

#301711 Shot Blast Nerf Conversion

Posted by meatballica on 17 July 2011 - 08:03 PM in Modifications

Do you have a picture of the Longshot piece and AT2K trigger setup?

#301543 SSPB fires out of trigger

Posted by meatballica on 14 July 2011 - 06:43 PM in Modifications

Maybe there is something clogging the dumb valve. Maybe too much silicone?

#301435 Atomic Splat

Posted by meatballica on 12 July 2011 - 08:13 PM in Modifications

Couldn't you wrap electrical tape around the "plunger tubes" to keep them from wiggling? Or, if that doesn't work, use scraps of FBR with tiny amounts of hot glue?

Edit: I'm dumber than Hell. But could use make a thicker PT face that uses a little more room but keeps itself rigid?

Edit 2: I'm dumberer than Hell. I thought the Plunger Tube was the other way around. I'd go with more electrical tape around the plunger tube itself. Ignore the first edit.

#301202 Oversized Ammo Hoppers

Posted by meatballica on 08 July 2011 - 04:03 PM in Darts and Barrels

OK. It's not clear, but the idea holds.

Posted Image

The clip itself is made of 2" PVC, going into a sanitary tee. There's a small piece of plastic inside of the tee to help guide the balls forward, in addition to the curve of the tee. The ring at the end is a 1.25" sanitary coupler with the inner groove sanded down slightly, nested in a piece of 2", which is then inserted into the tee.

Inlines also work surprisingly well with balls.

Do you use just standard Nerf Balls with that?

#301040 The Non-Exploding Hopper

Posted by meatballica on 05 July 2011 - 02:10 PM in Homemades

I like it. I like how it doesn't look so "plain" like a normal standard hopper. I didn't know hoppers had the problem with falling apart. Looks better than what I would do to remedy it. Electrical Tape.

#299792 Aluminum AT2K Tank

Posted by meatballica on 13 June 2011 - 01:25 PM in Homemades

Do these fit in the space where the stock Air Tech 200o airtank was? I'm guessing they do but you'd know for sure.

#286084 Ultimate Raider

Posted by meatballica on 26 September 2010 - 11:44 AM in Modifications

Does anybody get what the second picture looks like.HA HA.

You're 12 aren't you?

But on topic, I like this. Still kinda iffy if it works good but I will probably do it whenever I feel like opening my raider again. But, how good do darts feed with this breech?

#284623 Stampede Ar Removal

Posted by meatballica on 02 September 2010 - 06:24 PM in Modifications

From the looks of it, it looks similar to how a longshot is. By that I mean it has a real plunger rod/tube setup unlike a reverse plunger tube. Am I correct?

#280589 Maxshot Catch Fix

Posted by meatballica on 18 July 2010 - 02:46 PM in Modifications

Reminds me of when Ryan showed me his penis.

#277467 Talos

Posted by meatballica on 11 June 2010 - 07:04 PM in Modifications

Is the stock plunger small/bad so you went with integrations galore? Nice job.

It didnt have a plunger setup. It was origianally a laser tag gun.

Then what is the plunger rod and barrel for? And why is there a rocket?

that is the pump and air tank. The rocket sends an electronic signal.

#277380 Talos

Posted by meatballica on 10 June 2010 - 06:45 PM in Modifications

Is the stock plunger small/bad so you went with integrations galore? Nice job.

It didnt have a plunger setup. It was origianally a laser tag gun.

#277073 Singled Titan + Big Stepans

Posted by meatballica on 07 June 2010 - 04:57 PM in Modifications

I'm sorry (both for the double post and insulting you). I didn't read carefully enough. I just looked over it another time and saw that you said it's in no way permanent. Also, the reason my previous post looks so awkward is that I started to post before yours went up, but then when I posted, yours was already up. Sorry. But yeah, F_A24 did it a while back. good luck: http://nerfhaven.com...c=6780&hl=mongo

Don't worry about it.

At this point (with the more secure duct tape) I'm getting about 60. With a longer barrel, and a real seal, I'm likely to get around 100? I dunno. Would smaller stepans give me better ranges? I hate to say it, but, I plan on using it for (sigh) losing.

When my friend comes over we usually have nerf wars with stock guns, but I've got a few moded ones. So a loser would really stand out.

If smaller stepans would work better, where could I find some smaller FBR? When I went to home depot they only had one size. GRRrrrr...

-Edit!

Who just edited my post! Grrrrrr....

I don't think losing is awesome, it would just add to my mix of guns. None of them seem to be that accurate. Plus for 10.00 how can you go wrong?

Here are somethings that might help you.

1. Look at what you typed and tell me what went wrong.
2. Duct tape is terrible for seals. Use atleast electrical tape.
3. It's Stephans not Stepans.
4. Ace or Lowes might have the kind of Fbr you would want. It would be 1/2in foam. I believe you have 5/8in.

Hope I helped you.

#276908 N-strike Spectre Rev-5

Posted by meatballica on 05 June 2010 - 06:30 PM in News

Did anyone else notice that all three of the officially revealed blasters have the same kid on their boxes?

That is one lucky kid. He gets to play with all the new toys before we do. I wonder if he mods too? Maybe he is a member here.

#276714 Breaking Nerf News!

Posted by meatballica on 03 June 2010 - 09:39 AM in Off Topic

[quote name='meatballica' post='276588' date='Jun 1 2010, 06:36 PM']
Lets not forget Soothsayer, Hunter, and Hotness. Happy birthday those 3 and totally not Split.
[/quote]
No, Fuck them!
[/quote]

Again? Damn, you and Sooth sure know how to party. Just be sure not to party to hard and fall down some stairs.

#276593 Raider-bbb

Posted by meatballica on 01 June 2010 - 06:31 PM in Modifications

Damn when I read the name I thought you put the power of a big bad bow into a raider. Either way this looks nice. Also what does it say on the cardboard looking part? THe one with a picture of somebody.

#276588 Breaking Nerf News!

Posted by meatballica on 01 June 2010 - 05:36 PM in Off Topic

Lets not forget Soothsayer, Hunter, and Hotness. Happy birthday those 3 and totally not Split.

#276418 Angel Breeched Longshot Help

Posted by meatballica on 30 May 2010 - 11:58 AM in Modifications

I may be a day late and a dollar short, but this breech eliminates the boltsled, and the priming handle is attached by a bolt, not glue.

I have one of his longshots with the same breech. The first ever one actually. It has never broke and Is very sturdy. Once you get use to priming it it is very comfortabe.

#276188 Nite Finder Help

Posted by meatballica on 27 May 2010 - 04:52 PM in Modifications

If you are shooting stock darts, I would recommend that you insert a small 1/2 to 1 inch (doesn't need to be exactly precise) segment of 17/32'' brass tubing into the stock barrel. It acts like a tightening ring, as it allows for more pressure to build up behind the dart. You can find brass tubing at your local ACE hardware store.

I don't know about that. My Local ace does not have brass. I went out of town (Kirksville, Missouri) to get mine. Then again I was on vacation. But GHOST_BRAVO If I were you I would start out with CPVC. It is very simple to start out with. also While at ace get an Ace 49 spring. And mighty putty. you will need it if you use an ace 49.

#276125 Nite Finder Help

Posted by meatballica on 26 May 2010 - 08:51 PM in Modifications

Yes. For a noob I would start with CPVC. It is cheap and easy to find.

#276049 N-strike Barrel Break Ix-2

Posted by meatballica on 26 May 2010 - 11:03 AM in News

I know this sounds blasphemous but keep in mind it has been a while sence nerf has a made an air-powered gun... I am hopeing where the area where the barrel breaks it would not be impossible to open it up without sawing through the hinge in that area thus possibly destroying the gun or the hinge part probably.

#275171 Vulcan Sentry Gun

Posted by meatballica on 18 May 2010 - 01:46 PM in Modifications

Good to see I made meh mark here....a -shaped mark! Sweet!

How do you say D..Ildo ? I am trying my damndest to type that but damn filters won't let me. Either way I am proud of you Rogue you not only left a D..Ildo shaped toy print here but you left a D..Ildo shaped toy print in our hearts.

#275168 Vulcan Sentry Gun

Posted by meatballica on 18 May 2010 - 01:37 PM in Modifications

Edit: I guess you can't say that one word that would have been easier to say that starts with a D and ends with an O

I'm surprised the filter doesn't straight substitute 'NerfRogue83'.

Ummm...sorry---I missed it. Explanation for the slow? (me apparently)

EDIT: I have been informed that I am a ! YES!......I was wondering if I achieved that!

Edit; Dammit I guess It won't even work even if I capitilize it.

#275143 Vulcan Sentry Gun

Posted by meatballica on 18 May 2010 - 10:13 AM in Modifications

I saw this yesterday on Attack of the show. I also remember one time they brought up how to modify nerf guns. They obviously do not know snakes from Women fake penis toys when it comes to modding because all they said was put a brass barrel on it. They also did not tell you the size you should use.

Edit: I guess you can't say that one word that would have been easier to say that starts with a D and ends with an O

#274588 At3k Singled Crayola Barrel

Posted by meatballica on 12 May 2010 - 10:07 AM in Modifications

I am going to have to call on your range of 200 until I see some proof.