Captain Scottland's Content

There have been 57 items by Captain Scottland (Search limited from 13-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#229723 Tsunami Scattergun + Nightfinter

Posted by Captain Scottland on 11 May 2009 - 10:40 PM in Modifications

The only thing is it looks akward to pull the trigger on the scattergun. Other than that i think its a genius idea. When we play as soon as we shoot our NF the other person knows its time to rush so the scattergun is a brilliant defense to that and the hot glue should hold it because its not that heavy of a gun for its size.

#233393 Rear Loading Double Shot (picture Heavy)

Posted by Captain Scottland on 30 May 2009 - 10:52 AM in Modifications

I agree, it seems to me that the cpvc could be longer to increase some of the range.

Also, I was working on this exact type of mod, it's too bad you beat me to it now I have to find something else to do with this gun. Congratulations! it is a very clean mod.

#241924 Expand A Blast, By Sublimedom777

Posted by Captain Scottland on 14 July 2009 - 02:07 PM in Modifications

Just wondering....Since this blaster can accept long shot clips will it also accept the raider drum magazine. If so, this will definitely be a mod I will be doing.

#242197 How To Not Hurt Yourself. Must Read Before Modding A Firely.

Posted by Captain Scottland on 16 July 2009 - 10:39 AM in Modifications

Unless you used a car battery instead of the AA's, it won't hurt you.

I don't think that's how a capacitor works. You might be able to make it explode, but it wouldn't hold any more electricity.

This is correct the capacitor can only hold so much charge and thus any more current and it would just explode.

#237898 Nerfing Colleges

Posted by Captain Scottland on 21 June 2009 - 10:05 PM in General Nerf

I will be attending New Jersey Institute of Technology in the fall and plan to, with a couple of friends who already attend, start a NERF club for modding and wars.

#237560 The Ghost V.4

Posted by Captain Scottland on 20 June 2009 - 12:03 AM in Modifications

I don't mean to be a backseat moderator just make full use of the preview post button before you actually post. Also try and insert the image right to the page rather than leave links. To do this just click on the Insert Picture button located on the top of the text box when typing your post( 8th from the left). Other than that, welcome to Nerf Haven!

#229131 My Ls Is Worse Than Stock

Posted by Captain Scottland on 08 May 2009 - 11:39 PM in Modifications

I singled my longshot today (I play indoors with taggers so its a pretty decent gun) and i also had a problem with this. It took me about 2 min, but if you look you will see a peg type thing; just align that with the hole located on the interior of the shell. It should pop right into place and then give you your desired results

#249719 Putting Led's In An At2k?

Posted by Captain Scottland on 06 September 2009 - 01:33 AM in Modifications

You will need a 9V battery, a battery snap that connects to the 9V battery, which ever LEDs you would like, some solder, a soldering iron, and various resistors(use the calculator to determine which ones). You should set them up into a parallel circuit. If you need help on setting that up look on google that way you will not only do it yourself but you will learn in the process.

#231774 A Nice Find...

Posted by Captain Scottland on 21 May 2009 - 09:15 PM in Modifications

Do you have a picture of what the original gun looks like or perhaps the box?

Also, I think this is a great idea for integrations if it gets the 60 ft you claim.

#243317 Bbb Barrel Length

Posted by Captain Scottland on 23 July 2009 - 12:45 PM in Modifications

Yes, that is true it would be an easy fix, but its also good practice just not to use streamlines because of their inaccuracy.

#243268 Bbb Barrel Length

Posted by Captain Scottland on 23 July 2009 - 02:52 AM in Modifications

I use stock darts as well and the best way to do it is to place the dart, assuming it is not a streamline, next to the CPVC with the head of the dart touching the edge of the CPVC. Then, mark where the end of the dart body is on the CPVC and cut on that mark. This gives you a barrel the same length as your dart and eliminates all the dead space of a bigger barrel. Everyone else uses different sizes because they use stefans. Also, I advise you do not use streamlines because the BBB will vacuum load the streamline into the plunger tube.

#246097 I Need Help. Bbb Modding

Posted by Captain Scottland on 08 August 2009 - 09:59 AM in Modifications

You could take a look at all of the mods in the mod directory to help answer these questions. There is the Angel Bow mod which will show you how to do the breech and it also uses a deodorant container for a clip. As for reinforcing, you should reinforce the plunger rod and catch with epoxy putty. Good Luck with your mod.

#270451 Firefly Problem

Posted by Captain Scottland on 27 March 2010 - 07:07 AM in Modifications

Just remember when doing mods to do them EXACTLY like the write-up and even then you are not guaranteed success. Measure twice cut once is an old rule that applies when doing NERF mods. I'm not saying you are bad at modding or anything like that you just didn't do this mod correctly it appears. Happens to all of us. Happy Modding.

#242196 Small Question

Posted by Captain Scottland on 16 July 2009 - 10:36 AM in Modifications

I buy my CPVC at Lowe's in NJ. They usually have a pretty good amount of 5ft poles of 1/2" CPVC as well as various couplers.

#237494 Blast 2k

Posted by Captain Scottland on 19 June 2009 - 07:46 PM in Modifications

This might just be the pictures, but it looks like the barrels are leaning towards the ground.

#237497 Blast 2k

Posted by Captain Scottland on 19 June 2009 - 07:52 PM in Modifications

My apologies I missed that last sentence. I thought it was the pictures.

#238900 Mega Missile Help

Posted by Captain Scottland on 27 June 2009 - 02:23 PM in Modifications

Do stock darts fit brass? What size brass did you use?