Photo

Nerfing Colleges

22 replies to this topic

#1 Darken

Darken

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 05:46 PM

I'm in High school right now and I'm looking way ahead towards college, and I wanted to know which colleges in America have nerfing groups in them. I'm of course not going to base my soul decision on nerf, but I want to know in case there is one where I decide to go. So if anyone had a list of colleges with nerf groups that'd be great. Thanks to anyone who contributes.

Edited by Darken, 21 June 2009 - 05:46 PM.

#2 fallinouttadabox

fallinouttadabox

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 05:56 PM

University of Maryland has one, its not very active though ever since the Police stopped HvZ. The website can be found here.
fallinouttadabox (intentionally lowercase): sometimes you want to be somewhere between thinking in the box and thinking out of the box. Trust me, I would know.

#3 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts
  • State:Illinois
  • u/GearsLGLF on Reddit

Posted 21 June 2009 - 06:01 PM

Creepy.
I asked the same question almost exactly a year ago (with a three day difference).

Edited by Gears, 21 June 2009 - 06:02 PM.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#4 bookybabora

bookybabora

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 06:05 PM

University of MA has some HvZ games I believe. There was a whole article written about them in the Boston Globe a month ago.

#5 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 06:23 PM

Stony Brook University's animated perspectives club used to have nerf fights, but seeing as I organized them and I recently graduated, not sure if that's such a good bet.

#6 Gunhaver

Gunhaver

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 06:59 PM

Connecticut College of New London CT has 2 HvZ games a year, that have been run fairly well the past 2 years of so. The game organizers took the time to alert the campus security office of what we would be doing so there were no unfortunate misunderstandings. Other then that organized Nerfing on more regular basis their has been fairly sporadic from year to year (1 year it's big, the next not so much as the group of students with the most guns meet less often, move of campus or graduate).

A group at Goucher College has been very active in advocating for the game and providing support for games at other schools check out their website:
<http://humansvszombies.org/>
I would say check the forums of this website to look for other schools that participate to give you some ideas.

#7 nerf mafia

nerf mafia

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 07:02 PM

You can look up humans virsus zombies on wikipedia and get a list of all known colleges that play it, most of them play it with nerf guns some use water guns.
THE OHIO PLAYDATE. WE PLAY WITH FORKS.

#8 stuck by stefan

stuck by stefan

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 08:36 PM

Salem state college in MA has nerf wars, i went to one a wile back.

This is the NerfHaven profile of Northeast Designs. For more info visit https://www.facebook...p8OwIso&fref=nf

Old school Nerf engineer since 2008

#9 Darken

Darken

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 09:10 PM

Thanks for all the help. I didn't realize there were that many out there that nerfed.

#10 Captain Scottland

Captain Scottland

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:05 PM

I will be attending New Jersey Institute of Technology in the fall and plan to, with a couple of friends who already attend, start a NERF club for modding and wars.

#11 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:06 PM

I've been in the process of starting a group at SUNY Purchase.
There may be an active club this coming school year.

Skitzo-
If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#12 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • NerfHaven Supporter
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:44 PM

Hamline University URL

We have a small nerf group here that i started. But if you end up in the twin cities area in Minnesota you'll meet a lot of active nerfers who have wars very regularly. Here's a website for the conglomerate of some of the good colleges in the twin cities area. ACTC URL(we have a program in which we take classes at each other's colleges.) And don't forget the behemoth called the University of MN.

#13 SpectreX

SpectreX

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:19 AM

SUNY Oneonta has a very active club for HvZ, and there are also regular Nerf wars occasionally. The wars are normally either team death match style or capture the flag, and have even been held in one of the dinning halls after hours (which rocked). The Zombie Defense Corps club will run 1 to 2 full HvZ games a semester, and also do "mission weekends" where they just run mission variants they want to try out all day. I just graduated from there and was sad to go, because there is a really strong youth (freshmen and sophomore) base for HvZ and Nerf in general.

Edited by SpectreX, 22 June 2009 - 12:25 AM.

#14 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:11 AM

I know University of Cinncinati had a real active group, but I'd google it to see what's going on there at present.

#15 Icey

Icey

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • State:Michigan

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:52 AM

I looked on on University of Michigan's page and they have a NERF War Club. I'm not sure how active they are but they at least have one.
Haven't been on here since what...like 2006?

#16 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:49 AM

I know University of Cinncinati had a real active group, but I'd google it to see what's going on there at present.

Didn't someone post last year that it was banned from campus?

#17 father time

father time

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 22 June 2009 - 03:48 PM

Didn't someone post last year that it was banned from campus?

We got shut down, but efforts continue to try to get us back on campus. We have another group in the interum check (cincinnati nerfers ) on facebook.
Ask her if she wants you to give her a multiple orgasm.
And when she looks stunned show her a picture of the blaster.
But if she gets excited. You're in.
-Miguel Ramos
Time is the one thing you can never escape.-Father Time

#18 bigred1rifleman

bigred1rifleman

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 04:49 PM

I'm not totally sure, but I think that University of Chicago's dorms have got some indoor skirmishes.

Finn

EDIT: Holy shit: 299th post on the 'Haven, I really need to have a nice warm cup of shut the fuck up.

Edited by bigred1rifleman, 24 June 2009 - 02:04 PM.

#19 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:30 AM

I'm not totally sure, but I think that University of Chicago's got some indoor skirmishes.

At this moment, that would be incorrect.

However, we do host the ChANOs in the Chicago area, less than a mile from campus.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#20 BJ Williams

BJ Williams

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:57 PM

I'm not totally sure, but I think that University of Chicago's got some indoor skirmishes.

However, we do host the ChANOs in the Chicago area, less than a mile from campus.

Ive been wanting to start a group at my school but with weapons rules as they are its been borderline impossible. Any suggestions?

#21 bigred1rifleman

bigred1rifleman

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:04 PM

Sorry, I meant the dorms.

Finn

#22 Knud-Hansen

Knud-Hansen

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:24 AM

Goucher College has a huge nerf scene. It is also the birth place of HvZ and on Saturdays we play CTF in an awesome field that we get to ourselves. I am in charge in organizing the CTF games in case you have any questions. Last Fall UPitt came out and actually played us. The games are very protected by our president. There is my 2 cents.
[size=4][i]-Knud-

#23 Dragon216

Dragon216

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:27 AM

SUNY Oneonta has a very active club for HvZ, and there are also regular Nerf wars occasionally. The wars are normally either team death match style or capture the flag, and have even been held in one of the dinning halls after hours (which rocked). The Zombie Defense Corps club will run 1 to 2 full HvZ games a semester, and also do "mission weekends" where they just run mission variants they want to try out all day. I just graduated from there and was sad to go, because there is a really strong youth (freshmen and sophomore) base for HvZ and Nerf in general.

The Nerf community at SUNY Oneonta is growing all the time. I'm the events coordinator for the club if you happen to have any questions you want to ask.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users