Norther of Heaven's Content

There have been 337 items by Norther of Heaven (Search limited from 10-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#242814 At3k Pump Replacement?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 20 July 2009 - 12:46 AM in Modifications

Alright, that might be a possibility for me too. Recommendations from Mcmaster? I'd like it to fit the stock tubing.

#243145 At3k Pump Replacement?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 22 July 2009 - 10:21 AM in Modifications

The problem has been fixed. Mods feel free to close or delete this thread.

#243796 Big Bad Bow And Airtek 2000 Integration

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 25 July 2009 - 03:40 AM in Modifications

I'd hit that.. if it didn't hit me first. God damn. Awesome job, and the pj looks incredible. If you had the Nerf stickers still on it i think it'd look as sick as possible.

#187725 Switch Shot Ex-3

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 05 November 2008 - 09:14 PM in Modifications

Sweet jesus finally a new mod. We've been in a drought on here the past few days.

I like the shell of the gun, it looks like the handle of a Recon.

#187262 Modding Materials

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 03 November 2008 - 06:33 PM in Modifications

Just get a damn nitefinder. They're 6 DOLLARS for crying out loud. If you somehow manage to fuck up unscrewing the gun, just buy another.

#192121 Magstrike Pressure Indicator Light

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 26 November 2008 - 06:11 PM in Modifications

VERY, Nice.

#204885 Whiptail Scorpion Mod

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 19 January 2009 - 10:00 PM in Modifications

I wish i hadn't given my Scorpion away. I like the barrel replacement idea, very creative.

#173073 Bbb Awesome, Easy, And Effective Mod!

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 27 August 2008 - 11:08 PM in Modifications

Try www.photobucket.com or www.tinypic.com.

I'm happy to see how energetic you are about your mod, i'm sure we all were when modded our first gun.

#205090 Noob With A Nf

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 21 January 2009 - 12:41 AM in Modifications

Let me give you some sound advice before anyone answers all your questions for you, "noob".
The best way to go about whatever you're trying to accomplish is to just try things out on your own. Don't go by what other people have done, don't go by what you think you're supposed to do, and don't expect everyone to give you all the answers to things. Go on and explore your creativity. Think up things that no ones ever tried before. Then you test it and see if it was worth it or not. If it was, good for you. If not, then think of it as learning from experience. This is the best way to start out, otherwise you'll end up like alot of members who only post re-posts of previously done mods that they just read the write up about and copied without innovating in any way. Okay, i'm done with my rant.

To answer your questions, just take out all the ARs if you really want 60 ft flat out of a NF. You could interlace more springs with the stock one, but i'd suggest just replacing it with an overall more powerful, single spring. A barrel replacement is not necessarily necessary on the NF if you're just going to use taggers and streamlines.

I just answered most if not all your questions to help you get started.
And use the damn search function, because we're not always as patient or generous as i just was.

First. I will. I know. But doing some successful basic modding FIRST might help one be able to do their own more "original mods." I am also not dumb enough to repost an unoriginal mod, i just want to make it.
By all the ar's great, but still confused on what the "second ar" would be?
why wouldnt barrel replacement help?

And I DID use the damn search function. That question list was immense before i wrote this, and i knocked out about 90% of it on my own.

I was not calling you dumb nor was i saying you were posting something unoriginal. I knew this was one of if not your first mod because you haven't even opened up the gun yet, and you yourself called yourself a Noob so don't get upset if people call you a Noob, Noob. Christ.

By ARs in GENERAL i mean ANYTHING that restricts airflow inside the gun. Take them ALL out.
A barrel replacement (in this case) wouldn't help much. Granted, it definitely wouldn't hurt, but the NF's stock barrel has a good fit on streamlines and taggers in the first place. Its not necessary unless you really want it. Micros, Taggers and basically any other stock dart will only go down barrels to a certain point because of their length before the head of the dart keeps it from going down any further. This excludes streamlines.

#180869 Couplered Sharpshooter I, Updated!

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 01 October 2008 - 07:51 PM in Modifications

That looks great, i like how you cut off the front like that. I remember a stock-shelled SSI and the front reminded me of a ray gun or something. Anyways. Nice mod. And if someone else hasn't already asked (had the post window up while away) what are the ranges?

#205081 Noob With A Nf

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 21 January 2009 - 12:11 AM in Modifications

Let me give you some sound advice before anyone answers all your questions for you, "noob".
The best way to go about whatever you're trying to accomplish is to just try things out on your own. Don't go by what other people have done, don't go by what you think you're supposed to do, and don't expect everyone to give you all the answers to things. Go on and explore your creativity. Think up things that no ones ever tried before. Then you test it and see if it was worth it or not. If it was, good for you. If not, then think of it as learning from experience. This is the best way to start out, otherwise you'll end up like alot of members who only post re-posts of previously done mods that they just read the write up about and copied without innovating in any way. Okay, i'm done with my rant.

To answer your questions, just take out all the ARs if you really want 60 ft flat out of a NF. You could interlace more springs with the stock one, but i'd suggest just replacing it with an overall more powerful, single spring. A barrel replacement is not necessarily necessary on the NF if you're just going to use taggers and streamlines.

I just answered most if not all your questions to help you get started.
And use the damn search function, because we're not always as patient or generous as i just was.

#195058 The Hornette

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 09 December 2008 - 07:31 PM in Modifications

This is a very good idea. I like the new way of using the blast function.

Don't necro old threads. This could be of help to you.
http://nerfhaven.com...?act=boardrules

#223592 Just Another Mod~

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 14 April 2009 - 03:25 PM in Modifications

I like VERY MUCH!

Seems to me like the pump could be replaced if needed. Also, a kickass PJ is needed.
But other than that it looks great. Definitely going to pick up one of these this summer alongside any other supersoaker-guns i can find.

#185187 Longshot Carbine

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 23 October 2008 - 08:05 PM in Modifications

That'd be the smart thing to do.
Shorter barrel = Shorter ranges + Decreased accuracy

If I were you I would replace the barrel with brass and actually open the gun up. I know it sounds tough but I think you can do it. Don't minimize it. It does nothing but loose accuracy and range.

I know that.
I meant IF he was going to replace it.

#198029 Help With Goop

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 22 December 2008 - 02:04 PM in Modifications

X-acto it off. Its just goop.

#196293 Lock N Load Spring And Barrel Mod

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 15 December 2008 - 01:40 AM in Modifications

I do believe we here in the Nerf World measure by horizontal distances in feet.

#193261 Space Filler?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 01 December 2008 - 01:00 PM in Modifications

Maybe you should check out this alternative. I ordered a few as samples and they're very cool.

Ooo.. I like the look of those.

#185177 Longshot Carbine

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 23 October 2008 - 07:45 PM in Modifications

That'd be the smart thing to do.
Shorter barrel = Shorter ranges + Decreased accuracy

#171775 Stripping Paint

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 23 August 2008 - 01:01 PM in Modifications

Why would you want to do that?
Why not just paint over it? It won't hurt the detail any.

#171885 Stripping Paint

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 23 August 2008 - 08:04 PM in Modifications

WD40

Isn't that a sort of lubricant?
If not and if this is a widely known fact then please forgive, i've never painted (or stripped the paint off) any guns before.

#170442 My New "pistol"

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 18 August 2008 - 09:02 PM in Modifications

Ahh, now i see what you were going for. Sounds (and looks!) like a great plan, my DS shell is all yours. :lol:

#174146 My At2b

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 01 September 2008 - 11:55 AM in Modifications

Looks kind of unsightly, but i'm sure it works great. Good mod.

#172301 At2k Questions

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 25 August 2008 - 11:43 AM in Modifications

SInce this is a AT2K questions thread I thought I'd post mine also.

How does someone generally load a long barrel thats not a breech? A ramrod?

Well it could be a coupler and not just a long barrel. Couplers are long barrels that are detachable and you manually feed the dart into the end of it that goes into the gun so it travels through the entire barrel when fired.

Yes, ramroding is used sometimes. I even use it on my NF sometimes.

#173099 Short Preformance Video Of A Simple Bbb Mod

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 28 August 2008 - 01:57 AM in Modifications

Are you just not making videos anymore or are you quitting Nerf?
I'll have to read into your Gunblade mod if my BBB coupler ever breaks. *knock on wood*
You'd think that in rural Georgia one could find brass fairly easily.. but i'm stuck with crayolas for now.

#242560 Paintjobs

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 18 July 2009 - 01:10 PM in Modifications

Godmutherfuckingdammit.

#252108 Painted And Forgriped Longshot With Pictures

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 29 September 2009 - 04:28 PM in Modifications

A foregrip shouldn't be used primarily on one side of the bold like that, It could break much more easily that way as opposed to it being on both sides.

#177649 Nf2k

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 15 September 2008 - 09:33 PM in Modifications

I like this alot, very cool.
But like ive always felt about the AT2K, i think the handle needs an extension/addition of some sort to keep it comfortable and practical.

The request on final internal pics & more overall pics is second'd.

#241473 At2k Issue

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 11 July 2009 - 04:37 PM in Modifications

It seems like "a waste of time" would be trying to get it back and somehow super glueing it back on to the end of the firing pin without cutting it open. But if you feel up to that task, shoot.

#177816 Pre Bent Pvc Stock

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 16 September 2008 - 08:24 PM in Modifications

Very interesting.

Reminds me of the TMP with stock from RE4 for some reason..

#187095 Paint; I don't know anything.

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 02 November 2008 - 08:00 PM in Modifications

There are no stupid questions, only uneducated ones.

Yes. First primer. Let dry.
Then however many coats of the color. Let dry.
Then if you choose, either clear gloss or clear matte. Let dry and enjoy.

#185442 Big Blast Shotgun

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 24 October 2008 - 11:24 PM in Modifications

You are'nt going to get any real range with this. The tubing is just too narrow, and with Six shots, you are'nt going to get much range. And that seal does'nt look exactly air tight. Hot Glue is horrible for making seals; Plumber's goop is the way to go.
Most Mav turreted shotgun big blasts get around 30 or 35 feet with six shots, just to give you an idea. Have you acually shot it at all yet?

Agreed.

#181201 Painting Tips?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 03 October 2008 - 11:39 AM in Modifications

Ahh, thought that might help. Thanks.

#167025 Cpvc Turreted Nite Finder

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 07 August 2008 - 12:37 AM in Modifications

I like the minimized NF.

p.s. i know he's not the first to do it.

#182171 Recon Vs Recon

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 07 October 2008 - 10:15 AM in Modifications

I've got the one with the plunger cover on it. with ARs removed it maybe gets 30-40 ft flat.

Also, i believe theres a third model of Recon where the plunger juts out from the back maybe 2-3 in. less than the one without the cover on it. But i'm not sure.

#181199 Painting Tips?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 03 October 2008 - 11:29 AM in Modifications

I want to give one of my guns a nice new set of colors, but i want to still be able to use the tactical rails on it without there being any resistance when i slide things onto them. Anyone have any suggestions?

#177836 "pneumatic Door Closer" As A Plunger Tube?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 16 September 2008 - 09:52 PM in Homemades

In my vast adventures with my screen door, I have gained great wisdom and power. Also, they make doors close slowly, and that's not really the idea you would want in a homemade plunger tube. Unless this is a type of closer I've never seen, or you have some internal changes planned first.

The reason it closes so slowly (at least on mine) is because of a screw on the other end where a barrel would be ideal. Just unscrew it and you have complete and un-restricted airflow. Anyways i can always just drill a bigger hole in it if its too small. Trust me, this seems fool-proof.

I honestly just wanted to use this as a plunger tube in the NF + NF = Crossbow look-a-like someone made. But im not sure if the shells could hold up to this thing.

And to Split, yes, theres a spring in it. A pretty big one if im not mistaken.

I might just use the 2 tubes from the NFs, but i thought this would be much higher on the kick-ass scale.
Any suggestions..?

#177870 "pneumatic Door Closer" As A Plunger Tube?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 17 September 2008 - 12:51 AM in Homemades

I'll take your word for it, i'll definitly either just take the spring out and use that or use the closer as a whole.

#177844 "pneumatic Door Closer" As A Plunger Tube?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 16 September 2008 - 10:06 PM in Homemades

Yes, these contain a huge ass spring. I've put part of one of these springs in both my BBB and Daedalus, and get great ranges with both. In my humble opinion, however, it is easier to just remove the spring and use it in mods/homemades and make your own plunger tube. The spring I have fits great in 1" thinwall and could be used in the Longshot and the BBB(obviously).

Sounds good to me, thanks for the suggestion.
How'd you cut it open? The tube, not the spring.

#177828 "pneumatic Door Closer" As A Plunger Tube?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 16 September 2008 - 09:13 PM in Homemades

Okay, so im sure we've all seen a door closer before.

This is the kind i mean.
http://ecx.images-am...YZL._SL500_.jpg

I got a tip once to take the spring out of one and use it in a gun, but now im thinking that this would make a pretty good plunger tube + plunger rod + spring combo. It just needs a barrel, trigger catch (along with a notch for the catch to well..catch, on the rod), and a trigger system. Has this ever been done before? I tried searching but nothing came up.

Also if this has been done, are the results good?

#170487 Cpvc Couplers

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 18 August 2008 - 11:31 PM in Modifications

Try a thin layer of e-tape.
Did that with the coupler on my BBB and it works wonderfully, although i screw it on instead of just pushing it in.