Painted And Forgriped Longshot With Pictures

a new forgrip mid

9 replies to this topic

#1 bonsylrc

bonsylrc

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:42 PM

Ok sorry about my other posts but I have figured this whole thing out now.

First I cut a piece of 1/2" CPVC to about 1 1/2 feet.
then i drilled a hole in one end about 1/4" in diameter about an inch from one end land capped it
Posted Image

then i cut up the barrel extension in the front of the longshot slid the pieces onto the peice of CPVC, put the priming handle through the hole and then into the longshot. Then slide the barrel pieces into the right position (like the photo below) and glue the hell out of it with your favorite glue. Now use a 1/2" CPVC connector piece to add on a handle. Then just cap the end of the handle. Then i wrapped the handle in electrical tape. here it is. I had to use the priming handle thing from a Vulcan because the longshot's priming handle's rod was to short but you might not have to.
Posted Image

Oh wait and here is the final paint job (the silver was a primer/base coat). Tell me what you think.

Posted Image

and I made a video about it. check it out.
here is the link--------------->

Edited by bonsylrc, 29 September 2009 - 12:44 PM.

QUOTE(Forsaken_angel24 @ May 28 2009, 05:20 PM) View Post

In other equally and worth posting news (sarcasm) I was doing front flips on my trampoline today.

#2 Phibonnachee

Phibonnachee

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:22 PM

Looks a little awkward to hold and that it could break easily if you had additional springs in it. But it is pretty innovative. PS: You should paint the foregrip guides so that they are not orange.
De-single your longshot Longshot --- 4B magazine breech BBBB

#3 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:28 PM

A foregrip shouldn't be used primarily on one side of the bold like that, It could break much more easily that way as opposed to it being on both sides.
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#4 Bedhed117

Bedhed117

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:26 PM

I think I'll build one of these but on both sides. It solves the problem that others have of getting polycarb and a band saw plus it opens up a whole new range of integration potential. Great Job!

Edited by Bedhed117, 29 September 2009 - 05:27 PM.

QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 18 2009, 09:48 AM)

Anyone who's sig is a quote of themselves is an enormous douchebag.

Join the Revolution

#5 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:12 PM

Cute.
Doing this as I speak. I have no idea when I got it...my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag...It doesn't look like...much.

#6 bonsylrc

bonsylrc

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:16 PM

You should paint the foregrip guides so that they are not orange.

i did i just dont have a picture of it.

In other equally and worth posting news (sarcasm) I was doing front flips on my trampoline today.

#7 bonsylrc

bonsylrc

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:40 PM

I think I'll build one of these but on both sides. It solves the problem that others have of getting polycarb and a band saw plus it opens up a whole new range of integration potential. Great Job!

i made this exactly for that reason. I dont have a band saw

#8 Chadpuff

Chadpuff

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:19 PM

I think this would be awesome with both sides done and a handle al a raider style.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." ...Han Solo

#9 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:10 PM

It looks a bit far out. Probably better to make a handle that juts down , shortening the apparatus. It could get rid of the entire grey section if I understand the construction right.
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#10 bonsylrc

bonsylrc

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:26 AM

It looks a bit far out. Probably better to make a handle that juts down , shortening the apparatus. It could get rid of the entire grey section if I understand the construction right.

that would work. But the handle would be a little to low in my opinion but go ahead and try it. It will work i just prefer the longer grip (i have fairly long arms).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users