CrazyIvan VI's Content

There have been 275 items by CrazyIvan VI (Search limited from 20-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#198885 Ls Stock As A Holster?

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 25 December 2008 - 10:01 PM in Modifications

Tactical. You want a TACTICAL grip. Whatever the hell that is.

Every time you spell it tacticle it looks like testicle.

#198769 Official Nerf Foam Swords

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 24 December 2008 - 11:30 PM in General Nerf

I can think of a few ways to integrate a titan or 2k into this. It wouldn't be very functional, but it would be fun to shoot people with.

I'm thinking Gunblade here.

The only problem I'm seeing is that they're all foam. I could see hollowing out the handle to house the pump in, and then putting the barrel and airtank on top of the blade... Wow. A zillion ideas are coming to me right now. I need one of these and a 2k!

Actually... I think these would be awesome to paint, and have sword/gunblade matches at a war. It'd certainly be something new and creative.

#198622 World Of Warcraft

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 24 December 2008 - 11:23 AM in Off Topic

I'm an occasional WoW player. I only started playing because my cousin is moved to New Jersey, and its how we keep in touch while I'm at college and he's there.

I'm no where near 'addicted' to it. I only really play if I know my cousin is going to be online, or if I'm truly bored. But I will say this, it is THE BEST MMO I have ever played, and I've tried a lot.

I used to be a huge gamer, I could spend all day playing. But now, if my real friends aren't online, I don't even turn the xbox on. I don't really bother with Single Player games. The last single player game I bought was Ninja Gaiden II, and I never finished it. I laugh a little when people complain that the single player part of a game that has multiplayer sucked. I point and laugh at the little recluse.

#198520 Ls Problems

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 23 December 2008 - 09:51 PM in Modifications

Ok kind of a new problem now, i can arm the gun and fire fine, but for some reason it is harder to cock the gun when pulling in the right side then the left (Looking at the longshot as if you were aiming it)

Have you ever considered that you're right handed?

No, its not that. Mine is doing the same thing too. I have to pull from the left side, the right side just won't budge. I've tried to figure out what causes this strange phenomenon, but I haven't found anything yet.

#198381 Newbie Prep

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 23 December 2008 - 04:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Never post angled ranges. And never post ranges angled with Steps.

Post ranges measured with a tape measure, or don't post them at all.

I wouldn't bother with stock darts. Unless you buy some weights and make them into Converted Dart Tag Darts, they're really no use to you at any ranges past 40', they're just too unpredictable.

#198364 I Hate Some Employees

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 23 December 2008 - 04:27 PM in General Nerf

I just always aim to get in a womans checkout line. It doesn't bother me when someone says something if they do. I kind of have that air of "I don't give a shit what you think." My hair is dyed red, I dress well, and I've had to put up with it for a year that I'm a Fashion Design major. Stuff like that doesn't bother me.

#197830 Ls Problems

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 21 December 2008 - 07:21 PM in Modifications

I also removed the trigger lock, which actually has some use. But as long as you're careful, that might be the last source of your problem. You might also should just double check to make sure you're putting the plunger tube in right and all.

#197804 Ls Problems

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 21 December 2008 - 05:17 PM in Modifications

The catch is what keeps the gun primed. The bolt lock prevents you from moving the slide back again after you have armed it. Take it out, as it serves no real purpose, as we here at the Haven can remember if we've primed our guns already.

#197505 Longshot Help

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 20 December 2008 - 04:10 PM in Modifications

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7527

That's what you need.

If you would have read the forums, you would have seen that. Stickies are there for a reason, so you will read them and they are easy to locate in the future. Also if you had read you would have found that there is another topic just like this one.

#197353 Ls Mods

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 19 December 2008 - 11:11 PM in Modifications

You've pretty much listed everything you can do to a Longshot...

Good luck with the project!

#196952 Mech 6 Discussion

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 18 December 2008 - 10:05 AM in Modifications

Could someone enlighten me more as to what we mean when we say 'flywheel?'
Does it mean that it's like the old Matchbox Car lauchers, where two discs are spinning and when the dart hits them they launch it out?

#196862 Hornet Issues

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 17 December 2008 - 09:07 PM in Modifications

I bought a Nerf Hornet from one of the guys at Massacre, and to my chagrin it's not doing so hot.

My diagnoses:

One of the blast chambers/quick exhaust valves is leaking. This keeps the internal pressure of the whole gun low, so that it can fire, but doesn't get much range. If I can't fix the valveon the bad blast chamber (doubt it), is my only option to amputate/plug the faulty blast chamber?

I'm not including pics just because there's nothing visibly wrong with it, I'm just looking for a second opinion.

Sadly, this is a problem that happens with most hornets. I bought two Hulk Titan/Hornet Packs and one of the hornets had this problem out of the box. The only -temporary- fix I've come up with is to replace the barrels with something that tight fits your stefans, then ramrod them down to the bottom. The chamber will only be able to leak so much, and firing will still release a mild amount of air pressure to pop the dart out...

#196736 My Longshot Front Gun

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 17 December 2008 - 11:41 AM in Modifications

I'm thinking about taking the AT3k and putting it in my LSFG.

Looks really good!

By the way Jerm, did you ever do anything more with the Airzone 8 Shooters?

#196287 Lock N Load Spring And Barrel Mod

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 15 December 2008 - 01:19 AM in Modifications

Your measurements mean nothing. Because A) You're Firing Upwards, and :o The Apex of a Two story house means jack shit to some people.

How about you don't post anything about 'ranges' until you lay a tape measure down and do it. Everyone has a tape measure in their house for God's sakes. I don't care if it's only the 25 foot one, you do what I do. You lay it down, go to the end of the 25 feet, pull it up, and keep going.

#195991 Disc Shot (ar Removal, Removable Crayola Barrel, And Extra Barrel Hold

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 13 December 2008 - 10:34 PM in Modifications

Wow, those are real believable ranges. You couldn't even get that out of a singled pump plugged titan. This should also be in the Product awarness thread as it is not a real write-up. I wanted my 100th post to be special, but oh well.

Why the hell would this belong in the Nerf Product Awareness Thread?

He's just trying to backseat mod and failing miserably.

Change your ranges to feet before someone throws a fit, honestly.

#195835 Making A Magstrike Pistol

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 13 December 2008 - 12:18 PM in General Nerf

I know but my magstrike already sucks so I m going to single it in a PVC shell. I just need a trigger too get the air through fast and easy.

Did you read what Slug even said?

There's no really easy way to just say, "You need this Trigger."

#195504 The New Xbox Experience

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 11 December 2008 - 06:29 PM in Off Topic

I actually wouldn't doubt the fact it helped play a role in the death of their xbox's but if they had them for a while it was going to heppen with or with out the update.

And if you don't know what RROD is...GOOGLE MUTHA FUCKA! Its a hardware failure. From overheating.

I know what it is, I've gotten it three times. Yes it is a hardware failure. Yes it is from overheating. Yes the overheating causes the solder to come loose and thus detaching a very important chip of sorts. Thank you, goodbye.

And they've fixed it for free, every time it's happened, so why not just take the risk and download it? You can't play online without it, and that's kinda' the best part of videogames... in my opinion.

#195495 Winter Ohio War

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 11 December 2008 - 06:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Longshot, quit posting useless shit. This thread is already 11 pages long, why the hell are you still here? You're not attending the war, unless you have something to (unfortunately) tell us that is a change on your state of attendance, just go elsewhere. Since this war is known about, we don't need you bumping it up to the top everyday when people are trying to advertise future wars.

EDIT: Sorry, totally forgot the real reason I came in here. Got distracted by all the stupid ass side conversations.

I WILL be in attendance, unless someone/my car dies.

I am extremely thrilled to be attending my first war. Could someone who has attended several wars PM me? I have just some simple questions, like load outs and such. Thanks!

#194992 Messed Up Recon Salvage/mod

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 09 December 2008 - 04:57 PM in Modifications

Sadly, the Recon barely generates enough air to send DARTS 20 feet stock. I don't think you're going to get it to send a giant Mongo Dart very far at all.

the point isn't to get the air movement, its to get the spring force to propel the ball.
Without getting into the physics of it the spring force should impart allot more energy to the ball then the air mass flow does

So, you're going to remake the internals so the plunger head actually hits the ball?

#194882 Messed Up Recon Salvage/mod

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 08 December 2008 - 11:03 PM in Modifications

Sadly, the Recon barely generates enough air to send DARTS 20 feet stock. I don't think you're going to get it to send a giant Mongo Dart very far at all.

#194782 Winter Ohio War

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 08 December 2008 - 02:58 PM in Nerf Wars

I mean, it's not like I'm going to come home and my guns will disappear, I just don't know if I'll be able to make them war ready...

I know I have a pack of $10 AT3Ks at home that need something done to them.

But if I can't get anything in tip top shape, bobafan, I'll PM you to find out what all will be there.

I should be able to make my own Stefans no problem. Just gotta stop being lazy and go buy some splitshot.

#194777 Winter Ohio War

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 08 December 2008 - 01:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Shit Lynx. Put me down as a maybe.

I have no idea whats going on the 20th, but I have some family around there, and depending on, I might actually be able to make this my first war.

I'm a maybe because I honestly don't know the situation of my guns. I've been at college for the past months, so I haven't really done any work on anything. If I can get some stuff scrapped together in decent shape and make up some good stefans, I will probably be there, but just list me as a maybe for now until I get home.

I've got finals this week and I'll be home by Thursday, so I'll post again towards the end of the week once I get home and assess my armory.

#194771 Longshot Cs-6 Value Pack

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 08 December 2008 - 09:47 AM in General Nerf

I feel your pain, Ivan. I would like to point out that the description also states that it comes with sonic darts, which we all know won't actually work in the Longshot.

It said Sonic STREAMLINES dart ammo. Not just sonic darts. Besides, that box COULD come with just 12 extra darts. Maybe that guy just got a messed up box, but the regular longshot box holds 12 darts. The special Value part of the box is added on and don't you see the extra darts? Maybe it's 12 extra with the 4 as a typo.

In the picture you DO see the added darts. Did you even look at the page? There's big green additional section, and you see the darts. We're not saying it doesn't come with extra darts, we're just... *sigh* You know what, nevermind.

Could someone close this ridiculous topic?

#194758 To Mod Or Not To Mod?

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 08 December 2008 - 03:18 AM in Modifications

You can bet your ass that I will be modifying the shit out of this thing.

I was going to say, if TC is so afraid of modding it, just give it to FA, I know he wants one.

#194656 Longshot Cs-6 Value Pack

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 07 December 2008 - 08:01 PM in General Nerf

*quote shit, because it's all screwed up*

Yeah, and if you actually READ the box, AND the customer review that I pointed out, you'd see it DOESN'T.

#194639 Longshot Cs-6 Value Pack

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 07 December 2008 - 07:06 PM in General Nerf

I don't think that this has been discussed before, but if it has, I apologize.
I was strolling around my local Sam's Club the other day, when I happened to come across this thing

http://www.samsclub....t=5&item=403313

I was dumbfounded at this. It reminded me of the Element EX-3 value pack thing. If you look under the specifications, it says that the whole shebang includes the Recon barrel extension, the Recon laser light, and 124 (alot) extra streamline darts. And it's only 5 dollars more than a regular Longshot.

God, I hate to contribute to a stupid thread, but right on the box it only says 12 extra darts. Even if you scrolled down in a review it says there's only 12. I mean, 124 darts wouldn't fit in that box, packaged the way nerf does it.

#194438 New Scope Homemade

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 06 December 2008 - 09:43 PM in Modifications

Honestly, the front of it looks pretty sweet, and would make some cool cosmetic ironsights.

However, it does look like it's glued on a little crooked...

And as it has been said before me, scopes aren't truly practical in nerf.

#194326 Spin On Ice's Ls Dtb

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 06 December 2008 - 01:40 PM in Modifications

It depends on what you need. I have several Ls' and one singled one. Mine has a SHIT ton of springs in there, and is isn't showing signs of stress. It has high range, bordering that of my Xbow, higher rof, and it's available. I personally HATE the stock breach set up. It doesn't take stefans, Its finicky, doesn't have great range, and you half to deal with clips. The Ice breach fixes all of this.

But, you could also do an Angel Breech, modify your clips into 12 capacity, and while you're add it you can make them stefan compatible too. Then, if done properly, mind you, you have something that shoots just as far and with a much higher ROF.

I think what most people, including myself, are saying is that the Ice Breech isn't an effective use of the Longshot. It's a great way to make your Longshot rise from the grave if you broke your bolt sled, but I wouldn't take a perfectly good Longshot and single it.

EDIT: Spelling Errors. Studying for finals has just made my brain mush.

#194236 Longshot Carbine

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 06 December 2008 - 12:15 AM in Modifications

Don't worry about it. The proper people have been PM'd. Stop posting and let it die.

#194220 Lancer Tutorial

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 05 December 2008 - 11:51 PM in Modifications

Your 'barrel replacement' is simply putting the barrel from the front gun on it?

You don't even have pictures of your mod... and

I think you should see this.

http://nerfhaven.com...10596&hl=lancer

#194095 Spin On Ice's Ls Dtb

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 05 December 2008 - 02:26 PM in Modifications

Yes, Ice was the first to do it on a Single LS... and I think we might as well name this style of LS the Iced LS.

I personally find singling an LS to be sort of an oxymoron, as the best thing the Longshot has going for it is it's ROF... but to each his own. I just sling by Trip-B on my back for long range shots.

However, on topic: I'm also confused as to what exactly you did? I'm trying to figure it out... does it compress the springs more, some how? From the way I look at it, I agree with Ice, you just created more dead space that the minimal increase in power doesn't really overcome...

#194080 Removable Integrations/mods

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 05 December 2008 - 10:31 AM in Modifications

I'm just asking one question.

Does the Maverick even stay on there when you try to cock it?

This really isn't an 'integration' per se... it's more just using the tactical rail to clip one gun to another. Usually integrations involve integrating the internals of one gun into/with the internals of another in the same shell. Then you have the power of two blasters with only having to carry one.

#193779 Element Ex-6 Action Kit

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 03 December 2008 - 05:13 PM in General Nerf

Also what I realized... does this mean that the official name of the Disc Shot is actually the Element Ex-6?

#193729 Element Ex-6 Action Kit

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 03 December 2008 - 10:02 AM in General Nerf

Honestly, that scope looks pretty cool. I'd like it just to paint it and put it on guns for cosmetics...

Hope this comes to the states soon... I don't see why it wouldn't.

#193643 Tracer Darts

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 02 December 2008 - 11:06 PM in General Nerf

I clicked on this topic thinking someone would be posting the idiotic idea of putting a AAA battery into a stefan along with a LED. I didn't think anyone could come up with an even more ridiculous idea.

Boy, was I wrong.

#193503 Maverick / Titan Integration

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 02 December 2008 - 03:13 PM in Modifications

I second and third everyone else.

This would be one BEAST of a backup shotgun.

Great mod. Welcome to the Haven. You should fit in well here.

#193329 Crossfire

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 01 December 2008 - 06:46 PM in Modifications

I understand what JATDO is talking about. The first time i did the minimization on a CF, I just looped a Zip Tie through the slider, and no matter how hard I pulled back, it wouldn't catch. Ive found that attaching the zip ties to the original metal rod, and then joining the Zip ties together in the back is a very effective solution.

#193015 Accessory: Ammo Wristband

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 30 November 2008 - 02:15 PM in Modifications

What I think would be an even better idea is if you dremeled slits in the shells where they 'fan out' and slid the strap through there. Then you could use hot glue to space them. That way, even if the hot glue comes undone, the shells won't fall off.

#192786 Maverick Straw Mod Question

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 29 November 2008 - 04:03 PM in Modifications

Honestly, it's hit or miss.

Some people have very successful Maverick Mods, while some people just end up frustrated and end up throwing their gun farther than it can shoot.

#192767 Usb Driver

Posted by CrazyIvan VI on 29 November 2008 - 02:41 PM in Off Topic

I'll just throw my two cents on in getting a phone.

The more you spend on a phone, and the fancier it is, the more frustrated you're going to be when it breaks. And face it, in today's day and age, everyone takes their phones everywhere, and eventually something will happen to it. Get something durable that will last you until your next trade in date. My cousin and I test our cellphones before we by them by taking the display and dropping it.

If the phone freezes or something happens to it, we don't get it, simple as that.