Photo

Ls Stock As A Holster?

8 replies to this topic

#1 that1dude

that1dude

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 05:27 PM

So I made the stock removable for comfort depending if I want a tactical grasp or a one handed grasp on the blaster. Had one of those "How'd I think of that" ideas to somehow put the stock on a belt positioned on the left side (because of the release switch). Then make it removable as well in order to use the stock for those close quarter combat situations

All you have to do is position your fingers in front of the grip of the blaster while using your thumb to release the blaster from the stock. Then to lock it in place, slide the blaster back into the stock, use your fingers to hold it up while you use your thumb to lock it.

So far the only downside/drawback I can imagine is there isn't much support for the blaster while running because its basically just hanging there.

So in advance, thanks for the input and the flames, I have tried the search option (thats all I really did here before I became validated), but all there really was were supports to prevent the stock from collapsing when putting too much pressure.

So here we have your ordinary longshot, minus the front gun and bipod. My clip "mod" isn't anything special, I just hot glued the second clip upside down.
Posted Image

There is a tab on the stock that goes through the slot in the blaster to keep it from coming out all the way. I removed that with a pair of pliers.
Posted Image

For the time being, I attatched this metal clip to the right side of the stock then attatched that to a belt or a pocket.
Posted Image

To release the Longshot from the stock, place your fingers in front of the grip (to keep it from falling out) then move the release switch forward, the blaster should slide out easily.
Posted Image
Posted Image

And to put it back, just slide it back in and use your thumb to move the release switch.

Edited by that1dude, 25 December 2008 - 10:17 PM.

#2 boom

boom

• Banned
  • 209 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 05:36 PM

I'm sorry but what the hell are you talking about??
I'm just the scitzophrenic clusterfuck of randomness that is me.

#3 Knud-Hansen

Knud-Hansen

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 07:12 PM

I am pretty sure i understand what you are suggesting, and I can see see how it would work, but why would you need a holster for your primary weapon? The LS only needs a strap so you can let it hang as you reach for your secondary.
[size=4][i]-Knud-

#4 that1dude

that1dude

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 07:38 PM

I am pretty sure i understand what you are suggesting, and I can see see how it would work, but why would you need a holster for your primary weapon? The LS only needs a strap so you can let it hang as you reach for your secondary.

This is true, but I'm not really a fan of shoulder straps only because they start chafing my neck.

#5 d0nk3y k0n9

d0nk3y k0n9

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 07:43 PM

The problem with what you're suggesting is that, as a primary, the only time that you would ever need to put down / holster / drop your longshot is if it runs out of darts and you need to quickly take a shot with your secondary. There isn't time in such a situation for you to holster a weapon or carefully put it away, so the only reasonable thing to do is drop it. However, you would probably not want to drop your weapon and would probably also want to be able to quickly retrieve it and keep running, so most people put their primary on some sort of sling so that when they let go of it, they can quickly and easily pick it back up without any sort of hassle.

Short version: While what you want to do may actually work in theory, it is wildly impractical under war conditions and should be avoided. Instead, I recommend the tried-and-true weapon sling.

#6 Demo tay26

Demo tay26

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 09:58 PM

It's a good idea, but is it heavy on your waist?

I wouldn't want MY pants falling down while shooting someone(obviously not with the Ls)

Edited by Demo tay26, 25 December 2008 - 09:59 PM.

#7 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 10:01 PM

Tactical. You want a TACTICAL grip. Whatever the hell that is.

Every time you spell it tacticle it looks like testicle.
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#8 that1dude

that1dude

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 10:18 PM

Tactical. You want a TACTICAL grip. Whatever the hell that is.

Every time you spell it tacticle it looks like testicle.

Corrected, thank you.

It's a good idea, but is it heavy on your waist?

I wouldn't want MY pants falling down while shooting someone(obviously not with the Ls)

Well, since I haven't completed even a prototype yet, I wouldn't know. But while I had the temporary clip, it didn't seem too heavy.

#9 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 10:19 PM

Its a good idea, but I prefer to strap the gun around my back and flip it foreword when I need it. It's a clever idea though.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users