ChiliPepperFender's Content

There have been 353 items by ChiliPepperFender (Search limited from 09-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#146074 Lancer

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 20 March 2008 - 11:29 PM in Modifications

Thanks for the compliments guys. I think the lights are only good if you are wondering who is on your team.
For example, A Gear holding the Lancer will have blue lights and the Locusts holding Lancers will have red lights.

Oh and by the way this puppy will be up for sale in the next month or so.
I will start a trading thread when it is.

I never caught that when I played the game, thanks! The lights don't sound like they will "save your ass frequently" or are even helpful, but are very cool.
Also I can just imagine how much this beast will sell for.

#146077 Easy Airtech 2k Barrel Replacement

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 20 March 2008 - 11:43 PM in Modifications

ChiliPepperFender: Having Mod Man's PETG could very well make a difference. OMC's medium wall has an inside diameter of .548". Thick walled, which has an ID of .528" wouldn't work for me so if it is has similar dimensions as medium walled PETG it might work. As for the ranges, I did them hastily because it was getting dark so I didn't have time to test very well. I would like to point out to everyone again that I am not backing these ranges and am skeptical of them myself. Which is why I am going to spend my day off tomorrow to test it more.

Squilt: You can ramrod the dart down the barrel or you can take off the barrel and put the dart in from the rear and then put the barrel back on. But honestly, ramming the dart would work better I feel.

umdlancer: As I stated in my post, I am using a one foot barrel. I used 1 foot because I just wanted to experiment with the medium walled PETG. I started to mod nerf guns about 9 months ago so I really have no clue as to how good a range this gun has compared with similar airtech mods.

I just swapped on a 6 inch barrel and it seems to shoot just as hard, I will range test with it as well tomorrow.

Alright, well it's medium walled but I don't know the ID of it. Let us know your results.

#146172 At3k Or Recon

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 21 March 2008 - 04:57 PM in General Nerf

Toys R' Us still sells AT3K? The last time I went they didn't sell them or even have them.
On topic:
I've never had an AT3k but I have had a 2K and those guns are the air tech line is good as opposed to the N-strike line which isn't. I have the recon and let me tell you, it sucks. Get the AT3K, plus you get two of them. Bonus? Yes.

#146174 Music

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 21 March 2008 - 05:05 PM in Off Topic

You can't beat the classics like Zeppelin, Nugent, and Floyd!

Ha Ha good one.

Ted Nugent is crazy, literally and at playing the guitar. For some reason I knew someone was going to do something like that and comment about him.

#146198 Ran Out Of Hot Glue.

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 21 March 2008 - 08:11 PM in Modifications

The last two pictures make this gun look very front heavy. I'm guessing it is. Right? I've seen people add an air tech gun to the side but you have two of them, and to top it off, a titan. I'm not sure if I like this gun or dislike this gun. Anyway, it was your first mod. Good job.

#146206 Marvelous Salvo

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 21 March 2008 - 08:46 PM in Modifications

So this is basically a Big Salvo combined with a SMDTG to make it shoot three barrels and the range of a Salvo? Also, what is the barrell on the bottom for? Is it the Big Blast one?
Anyway, I think this gun is absolutely awesome! Nice job!

#146217 Nerf Losing

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 21 March 2008 - 09:48 PM in General Nerf

Dang, I just lost on an item on ebay. I was wanting to buy a manta ray but then some (lame) guy came by and bided alot at the last second. I was just wondering though, has anyone else had this happen to themselves before? Either ebay or even on these forums.

#146223 Nerf Losing

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 21 March 2008 - 10:18 PM in General Nerf

It happens in almost every auction. It's called bid "snlping"

Yep, and if you have a brain, that is how you will bid. There are lots of advantages to doing it. You can't get caught up in a bidding war if you bid in the last few seconds. You can just decide on the most you want to spend, and if you win it for that, then you win. If not, you don't have to worry about spending $50 when you originally planned on spending $25.

Well yeah that's what I ussually do, but at least I didn't go over (if i had won) what I had wanted to spend on it which was $42.00 plus shipping (8.00). Totals to $50 which was what I wanted to spend.

#146236 Nerf Losing

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 22 March 2008 - 12:58 AM in General Nerf

Dang, I just lost on an item on ebay. I was wanting to buy a manta ray but then some (lame) guy came by and bided alot at the last second. I was just wondering though, has anyone else had this happen to themselves before? Either ebay or even on these forums.

Oddly enough, imaseoulman and I were about to get into a bid war on a Spiderman Vs. Venom DTB, but thankfully I recognized his screen name and backed down.

Hmm. That's odd because now on ebay for some reason they "block" out peoples screen names. All the screen names I was bidding against said "8**k" or "y**3". To help ensure safety

#146237 Ran Out Of Hot Glue.

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 22 March 2008 - 01:03 AM in Modifications

What was the point in that post...wait what is the point in this post..I know

[PRODUCTIVE] the gun would, as stated, look much better with out the tape, i suggest you go to your local walley world and pick some up when you get back.[/productive]

If he didn't have tape then the gun wouldn't be together at least most of it.
Oh and don't you mean "i suggest you go to your local walley world and pick up some glue when you get back."

#146308 Recon Vs Lonshot

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 22 March 2008 - 04:09 PM in General Nerf

All right man that is the fifth topic in almost an hour. if you have a question use the search button in the top right corner of your screen.

The only reason I'm writing these is because I'm really bored. F U

Geez, he was only trying to help you, the admins don't like people who post topics like this that have already been talked about. Try to use the search buttom.

#146391 Largest Nerf Purchases

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 22 March 2008 - 11:09 PM in General Nerf

This is my largest nerf related purchase:
Posted Image

I got these today at my local Kohl's. I was skeptical about going their because this Kohl's had just recently opened about 6 months ago and to my suprise there was one two three four five six air tech's. I also bought some vinyl tubing and barbed connectors to extend the tubing. (thanks for the help baghead, I finally bought that stuff) You can expect some integrations and mods to come!

#146532 Extra Itunes Money

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 23 March 2008 - 11:14 PM in Off Topic

Red Hot Chili Peppers.

#146754 Hand Cannon

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 24 March 2008 - 10:44 PM in Homemades

The pictures are really small. If you could re-size them I could examine them better.

#146756 Double Tek

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 24 March 2008 - 10:45 PM in Modifications

I like it, looks like the double nitefinder.
Good job!

#146767 Connecting Tubing

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 24 March 2008 - 11:22 PM in Modifications

Ok, this was my first attempt at extending an air tube on a AT2K. Stupidly, I cut right where the end of the yellow(stock) tubing was. I believe many of you do something like this when you remove the goo gauge thought. My question is, how did you guys connect your tubing. I can't use tubing connectors because I cut too short on the stock tubing.
Sorry for the crappy pic:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Help is appreciated!
Thanks

I did try and search but I'm not exactly sure what to type in because this is a very vague question.

#146775 Nerf Gun Shapes

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 24 March 2008 - 11:43 PM in General Nerf

Sometimes I think that the Nerf guns are basically toy versions of a video game gun. For example, I think a Halo 2 Plasma rifle looks just like a Magstrike. Then the Big Bad Bow is kind of like a Gears of War Torque Bow.

I think the Big Bad Bow was released much earlier than the game Gears of War.

Edit: joeyaglr444 beat me to it.

#146776 Connecting Tubing

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 24 March 2008 - 11:49 PM in Modifications

Barbed couplers, or just unscrew the compression fitting nut on the part.

I'm assuming the compression fitting is the black peice, although how did you get it off? I believe they glued it on. Should I try to pry it off with a flat head screwdriver?

#146897 Connecting Tubing

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 25 March 2008 - 04:49 PM in Modifications

Thanks for the help everyone!

Edit:
Sorry but how do I get off the yellow tubing after I have tooken off the nut? I tried puling it off with pliers but no luck. I think, though not sure, it is glued on.
Here's a pic of what I'm talking about:
Posted Image

#146908 What's The Most Expensive Nerf Gun You Ever Bought?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 25 March 2008 - 05:36 PM in General Nerf

$30 Longshot, not quite as impressive as a $100 Xbow.

#146928 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 25 March 2008 - 06:32 PM in Modifications

Here's my AT2K:
Posted Image

It has a plugged pump, and PETG barrels.
This isn't the same at2k that I posted a while ago, but if you do have an answer to the asked question please post in it's topic.

#147196 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 March 2008 - 09:56 PM in Modifications

I know many of these mods involve adding lube to the plunger, what lube do you guys recommend? I know a water based, but the only lubricant I saw at my hardware store was this stuff called Jig-A-Loo that is "unlike any other lubricant, it contains no oil, grease, wax or detergent" according to their site. Do you guys know about this stuff?

I made a thread about this a while ago and everyone told me NOT to use anything petroleum based or WD-40. Other than that silicone based lubricants.

Oh yeah, don't use vegatable oil.

#147199 Is Nerf Teaching Us That Guns Are Fun/cool?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 March 2008 - 10:16 PM in General Nerf

Think of it this way. If children who play with NERF guns ever have to be soldiers, they will already have basic skills with weapons and stuff, although I don't think that it is hasbro's intention to train future soldiers.

Are you serious? Playing with nerf guns will not give any skills that has to do with weapons or firearms. Other than the fact of pulling the trigger.

#147301 Motorized Buzzsaw Mod

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 27 March 2008 - 04:48 PM in Modifications

That's totally awesome, but also looks cumbersome. Anyways great first post and nice mod!

#147303 Primary Guns

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 27 March 2008 - 04:52 PM in General Nerf

But my favorite primary is probably my BS. And No, I don't hurl bullshit at people.

That made me laugh. Good one.
My primary is my AT2k with pump plugged and petg barrels.

#147305 Looking To Do Your First Modification?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 27 March 2008 - 04:56 PM in Modifications

Did you just copy and paste this off the NerfWiki? Or actually write it all out?

#147313 Any New Nitefinder Mods Or Homade Pistols Or Handguns

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 27 March 2008 - 05:15 PM in Off Topic

There is the mods directory, in the mods section. If it's not there, there isn't a new mod.

Also, if there was a new Homemade pistol, it would be on the first 2-3 pages wouldn't it?

Generally, we use the search button/directorys around here.

Basically what NF said and to sum it up no. Although there are older ones that are good that you can use

#147537 Bbb

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 28 March 2008 - 04:57 PM in Modifications

I like it, nice job. Although it does need a new paintjob or at least have matching paint jobs.

#147591 Foregrip Longshot W/ Paint + Light

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 28 March 2008 - 09:07 PM in Modifications

Then I got busy all year and finally finished it recently.

Did this really take you a year? Anyway, I really like it, nice job!

#147594 Possible Nerf Web Store

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 28 March 2008 - 09:11 PM in General Nerf

Sorry if I missed it but, would members on here sell the gun to you and then you sell it to other members? I'm not quite sure, although I probally missed it.

#147634 Kbarker's Dtg Integration

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 28 March 2008 - 10:47 PM in Modifications

Yes, it's possible and as Captain Slug said to connect the two pump valves. Although, I'm not sure if you should plug the pump on either, just incase one gun over pumps and goes boom. But please correct me if I'm wrong someone.

#147641 Crossfire Catch Replacement

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 28 March 2008 - 10:59 PM in Off Topic

I'm not sure but I've heard of people using the springs from pens. Specifically BIC pens.

#147644 Foregrip Longshot W/ Paint + Light

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 28 March 2008 - 11:02 PM in Modifications

I first had this idea an year ago, but actual working time is about 20 hours I think. I gutted most of the front gun to install the mechanism.

For my Longshot2k (in sig) I had to gut out the front gun internals. Doing this task absolutely sucked, and I hated it. Was it like that with you?

#147649 Kbarker's Dtg Integration

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 28 March 2008 - 11:16 PM in Modifications

It is possible, but what you might not realize is that you can't fit it into the BBB's case.

Your idea is just like this, right?

Also, I wouldn't plug the pump because I think I remember readin that the spidey DTG's have very fragile valves.

Oh, and ChiliPepperFender, the BBB is a spring gun. How can you over pump it?

Yeah, when I read it I thought I saw LBB rather than BBB. My bad, thanks for pointing it out though.

#147668 Nerf Convention

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 29 March 2008 - 12:47 AM in Nerf Wars

Wow, this would be pretty awesome, although I doubt many east coaster's would want to fly all the way out for a convention in Seattle. Although, I wouldn't want a room and would rather just drive there because I live in Washington.

#147758 Recon Ar Removal Pissings

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 29 March 2008 - 01:51 PM in Modifications

Yeah, I used Slugs method on removing my Recon ar, and it took me all of about 30 seconds to drill it out. Also, the air restrictor wasn't damaged at all, not that, the ar is needed though.

#147760 Magstrike Clips?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 29 March 2008 - 01:53 PM in General Nerf

They might be on the Hasbro website or you could try to buy one off someone here. Just a suggestion.

EDIT: Yeah, Sluggy's right, and I just checked the website, nothing.

#147770 Ls Maverick Intergration Idea

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 29 March 2008 - 02:18 PM in General Nerf

Just to get this straight, are you Blue and your friend is Orange. It's just you share one account.
Also, I wouldn't recomend taping a maverick to the side of the longshot front gun, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

#147925 Nerf Quote Frenzy!

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 29 March 2008 - 09:55 PM in General Nerf

"You NERFED me allllllll nighttt longgg" ACDC
"Don't NERF me, mannnn" Guy from Florida who got tazered in front of John Kerry
"Nerfinated" Terminator

Whats the reward?

I believe that quote was actually:
"Don't taze me bro, don't taze me!"
So,
"Don't Nerf me bro, don't Nerf me!

Skip to 1:55

#147926 Recon Ar Removal Pissings