Photo

Largest Nerf Purchases

29 replies to this topic

#1 Peter

Peter

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:34 AM

Well the largest purchase (at the same time) I've made that is related to nerf is these babies:

Posted Image

I find that if I see something cheap, I'll buy it even if I don't need it.
igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum

#2 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:40 AM

Where'd you pick those 2k's up?

My largest purchase, isn't really that large. My dad's kinda strict on me buying nerf guns, yet I have 20. :P

Anyways, I think it would be a NF, Recon, and a BBB at the same Target.
it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#3 Peter

Peter

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:48 AM

I bought the 2k's at Kohl's.
igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum

#4 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:31 PM

Where'd you pick those 2k's up?

My largest purchase, isn't really that large. My dad's kinda strict on me buying nerf guns, yet I have 20. :huh:

Anyways, I think it would be a NF, Recon, and a BBB at the same Target.

Same here, with the strictness (Is that a word?) of my parents with buying guns, and I have roughly the same amount as you do. Usually, the case is that they get all upset that I'm buying another gun for a little bit, but then they just get over it and forget about it. :rolleyes:

My largest purchase...I'm not sure what that would be. I haven't bought more than one gun at a time.

Edited by Captain, 21 February 2008 - 06:32 PM.

I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#5 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:11 PM

(Noobspeak) i one time bot sooooo many ls i got bulk priceing!!!!!!!!! ROCKORZ (Noobspeak)

But no, I did get 6 NFs, 1 LS, and a double pack of magstrikes.
QUOTE(Ro-Sham-Bo @ Mar 28 2008, 08:28 PM) View Post

(Never heard an old woman scream so loud) -Don't sigg that

QUOTE(Crimmy @ Apr 23 2008, 09:31 AM) View Post

i'm retarded

#6 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:29 PM

I think the most I've spent was on a CrossFire and a tagger pack and the 2nd most was a 2k and a sspb

I have seen 5 kids (aged 7-13 + parents) buy 4 Recons and 4 Longshots and a couple packs of streamlines. Basically, I sold about (4 x 20 = 80 + 4 x 30 = 200 + 15-ish...) 200+ dollars worth of Nerf stuff. I told them about how the clips work, how the Recon is brand new, and that the Recon is modular (after defining modular). I then saw 5 kids + parents with a massive NERF arsenal rush out the door with $200 out of their pockets...
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#7 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:31 PM

I bought the 2k's at Kohl's.

PEOPLE: BUY ALL THE AT2K's YOU CAN! MY KOHL'S RAN OUT, AND THEY ARE NOT GETTING ANYMORE SHIPMENTS!!!!! A month ago or something I went to my local Kohl's, and they did not have any AT2K's. So I asked an employee to check in the stock room, and they said they did'nt have anymore, so I asked if they were obtaining anymore shipments, so they got out the assistant manager, and he said they were not purchasing any more shipments. SO BUY THEM WHILE YOU CAN!
EDIT: Well, my information may be false, so I will check when I get March allowance of $40.
EDIT X2: The largest nerf purchase I have ever had is when I got a $50 target giftcard, and I bought a Magstrike, Crossfire, and a BBB.

Edited by Bomberman, 21 February 2008 - 08:33 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#8 firstblood

firstblood

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:04 PM

My biggest nerf purchase was when i got a bbb and a ls in the same day. It was cool though the bbb came with a free nf.
So I recently got a Razor Fin from Poo, and decided to dig right in.

#9 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:24 PM

Actually, I think my biggest purchases were at Kohls...getting AT2ks. I bought 2-3 (or 4?) of them once, along with a pair of Nite Finders.

What? They were, like, 40% off plus another 15% off!

Edit: Or...there was the time I got three AT3k twin packs a couple months back...I think it was buy two get one free, at KB Toys, for $25 each.

I just can't resist!

Edited by jwasko, 21 February 2008 - 09:27 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#10 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:35 PM

While we're comparing our manhood, I've dropped a few hundred on NERF guns before. I once bought ten Magstrikes when they were on sale at $21 a piece. The most I spent on AT2K's was when I bought ten of them (from Kohls.com when they were $8 a piece with free shipping on orders over $75). And I once bought a guy's whole collection (including eight SM1500's SCORE!) for $250. Badger may be one of the few who can top that.

#11 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:04 PM

I...umm...bought two nightfinders once...

#12 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:42 PM

So roughly how much money did you spend on all?
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#13 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:42 PM

I actually have 3 that were pretty massive.

The first one was almost two years ago from ebay. I seller there was auctioning off about 40 guns spread over many auctions on consignment for someone. I paid about $500 of the money I got from a lawsuit settlement to get most of them. Many of them were collector's pieces like the Bungee Blast. I paid much lower than value on many of them because they were mislabeled.

The second one was for $200 when I bought Sicklefin from Baghead. The gun that inspired me to start modding hd to be mine.

The last one was recently when I bought two of the Ertl Ball Shotgun, 2 Rapid Fire Shotguns, the NxtGen Outdoors Crossbow, and every other gun made by Ertl. That purchase was about $200 as well. I also bought 4 Trigger Fires and the Catch Fire from Target for $50 including the S&H.

Yes seoul, I can most likely top that. Good thing I have a good paying job and got both a settlement and cashed out my old government pension in the past two years.

Edited by badger, 21 February 2008 - 10:48 PM.

As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#14 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:30 PM

I paid about $500 of the money I got from a lawsuit settlement to get most of them.

You sued someone?!? Were you on judge judy?
QUOTE(Ro-Sham-Bo @ Mar 28 2008, 08:28 PM) View Post

(Never heard an old woman scream so loud) -Don't sigg that

QUOTE(Crimmy @ Apr 23 2008, 09:31 AM) View Post

i'm retarded

#15 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:42 PM

That picture makes me want to punch a baby, really bad. Mostly because I have been hunting for Air Techs for a while, with no success. I have rarely bought more than one gun at a time. In December and January I bought a total of 9 guns. Only one of which was bought at full price, new. The most at one time is 2. One day I bought a Tek 6 and a NF. Another day I bought a LnL and a SS2. Both of the days the total price was about $3.

Edited by venom213, 21 February 2008 - 11:43 PM.

#16 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:01 AM

Semi-off topic, but since we're on the subject of large purchases I might as well post this

I was at a KB Toys the other day and saw a postcard-sized form near the Nerf items: it seems that Hasbro is willing to pay you for purchasing it's products from 2/1/08 to 3/23/08. Not all Hasbro brands are included, but Nerf and Spiderman (SMDTGs may fall under that) are.

If you recently made purchases, don't worry as long as you kept the receipts: you just have to send the filled-out form and receipts to Hasbro.

...Too bad I spent $40 on Nerf on 1/26/08, and just spent a ton on DVDs and a non-Hasbro blaster. :angry:

Edited by jwasko, 22 February 2008 - 12:02 AM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#17 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:08 PM

I got a ERTL rapid fire shotgun, and a LS for christmas, and then went out 2 days later and bought a Single tek/4b pack.
Lots, but nothin compared to badger or seoul.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#18 boblordofdarkness

boblordofdarkness

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 10:05 PM

ive gotten an LS and a magstrike the same day, but at different stores.

/<> <> \
\ ==== / the robots are watching...

#19 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 10:27 PM

The real question is:

How many dollars worth of FBR did Forsaken Angel buy?

Or how many dollars worth of PETG did OMC buy? I would think those would be the largest nerf-related purchases to date.

Edited by frost vectron, 22 February 2008 - 10:28 PM.

Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#20 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:24 PM

The real question is:

Or how many dollars worth of PETG did OMC buy? I would think those would be the largest nerf-related purchases to date.

In a sense, but they also made their money back (as far as we know) on these purchases, so that would negate the actual purchase. Anyone that purchased guns and supplies hasn't made any money back, unless they are reselling them. FA_24 and OMC's purchases were for the purpose of sale.

Trust me, I don't mean to discount that they have the biggest purchases as I'm still in shock that I've ever spent so much money on this hobby, but that detail needs to made clear.

If it wasn't for Maryann, I'd definitely have no life.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#21 PharaonArin

PharaonArin

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:38 PM

The real question is:

I recall Angel saying something about $5000 for two huge rolls. You'll have to clarify that with him though.

#22 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:41 PM

Verbatim.

Alright, I got the stuff and man is it one overwhelming shit ton of Red FBR!

That's how much.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#23 StephenColbert

StephenColbert

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:46 PM

Today I bought 6 airtech 2000's, 2 tech tens, and one secret strike AS-1.
Write me in for President!
Colbert 08'

#24 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:50 PM

The most I have ever spent on Nerf in one day is when I bought my ERTL Pump Shotgun.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#25 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 01:04 AM

In a sense, but they also made their money back (as far as we know) on these purchases, so that would negate the actual purchase. Anyone that purchased guns and supplies hasn't made any money back, unless they are reselling them. FA_24 and OMC's purchases were for the purpose of sale.

Trust me, I don't mean to discount that they have the biggest purchases as I'm still in shock that I've ever spent so much money on this hobby, but that detail needs to made clear.

If it wasn't for Maryann, I'd definitely have no life.

That's a great point. I personally haven't made any large purchases, just a few bits and pieces here and there. Your collection is amazing, by the way!
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users