Photo

Connecting Tubing

6 replies to this topic

#1 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:22 PM

Ok, this was my first attempt at extending an air tube on a AT2K. Stupidly, I cut right where the end of the yellow(stock) tubing was. I believe many of you do something like this when you remove the goo gauge thought. My question is, how did you guys connect your tubing. I can't use tubing connectors because I cut too short on the stock tubing.
Sorry for the crappy pic:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Help is appreciated!
Thanks

I did try and search but I'm not exactly sure what to type in because this is a very vague question.
[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:36 PM

Barbed couplers, or just unscrew the compression fitting nut on the part.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:49 PM

Barbed couplers, or just unscrew the compression fitting nut on the part.

I'm assuming the compression fitting is the black peice, although how did you get it off? I believe they glued it on. Should I try to pry it off with a flat head screwdriver?

#4 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:26 AM

Twist it off with pliers. It is just a nut. Replace tubing.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#5 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:29 AM

I find that it helps to use TWO pair of pliers. You should hold onto the point just below the screw cap thingy while twisting off the "compression fitting nut". Otherwise, if it is glued on really well you'll end up just twisting off the little plastic nub protruding from the goo gauge and the "compression fitting nut" will still be on there.

#6 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:49 PM

Thanks for the help everyone!

Edit:
Sorry but how do I get off the yellow tubing after I have tooken off the nut? I tried puling it off with pliers but no luck. I think, though not sure, it is glued on.
Here's a pic of what I'm talking about:
Posted Image

Edited by ChiliPepperFender, 25 March 2008 - 05:34 PM.

#7 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:55 PM

Thanks for the help everyone!
Edit:
Sorry but how do I get off the yellow tubing after I have tooken off the nut? I tried puling it off with pliers but no luck. I think, though not sure, it is glued on.

The easiest way to get it off is to use a hobby knife (exacto knife/box knife/razor/whatever) and slice the tubing from the bottom (closest to goo gauge) up until the slice has gone the length of the nub. Then you should be able to work it off (you may need pliers, but with the slice, you should be able to do it on your own).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users