ChiliPepperFender's Content

There have been 353 items by ChiliPepperFender (Search limited from 11-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#149754 My Longshot (paintjob And A New Mod)

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 06 April 2008 - 07:58 PM in Modifications

I really like that paint job. Particularly, the striped handle and the purple muzzle. Nice job. At least I know my old longshot clips will go into a good longshot.

#149758 Dayko's Nf Crossbow Plunger

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 06 April 2008 - 08:10 PM in Modifications

For mine, I made the same cuts to two nitefinder plunger rods as Dayko did. But for the two ends I used Krazy Glue then put E-tape around them. When I try to pull the halves apart it seem to hold fine. Although I haven't put it into the actual gun yet so I'm not totally sure if it would work.

#149770 Dremel Hot Glue Gun

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 06 April 2008 - 08:43 PM in General Nerf

Considering I got my dremel for 60-75$ I'd say it's a great price. I don't know how reliable the dremel part of that tool would be, because it's so cheap.

#149776 Dayko's Nf Crossbow Plunger

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 06 April 2008 - 08:49 PM in Modifications

Wood dowel? Brilliant, never thought of it, I'll definently try this when I make mine.

#149934 Dayko's Nf Crossbow Plunger

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 07 April 2008 - 07:32 PM in Modifications

The only thing with the dowel is that you would have to make a catch on it also, but that shouldn't be too hard.

#150005 Scout Paintjob

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 08 April 2008 - 12:19 AM in Modifications

Wow. Nice paintjobs. Those are very clean.

#150079 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 08 April 2008 - 05:22 PM in General Nerf

3 boxes of SMDTG's
Stock Warthog
semi broken Warthog
4 NIB at2ks
at2k pump plugged
at2k tank
maverick
broken recon
broken ERTL shotgon
ls salvaged for parts
longshot with at2k
BBB
hornet (internals)
magstrike
firefly
nitefinders (used for nf rifle)
and a soon to come Sawtooth

#150145 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 08 April 2008 - 09:50 PM in Modifications

I'm not BSing you, I got 60-70ft with a nf spring added. That's pretty normal I think. Maybe you shouldn't of stretched the spring(s).
Posted Image
Here's my Warthog that I'm trying to brass breech, but for some reason, ranges suck. Also, next to it, is my two nf plungers I am going to combine.

#150237 Your Biggest Nerf Regret

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 09 April 2008 - 03:19 PM in General Nerf

Not getting into Nerf sooner.

#150400 New Pictures Of Dark Knight Batman Blaster

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 10 April 2008 - 04:47 PM in General Nerf

That gun looks sick, I want one.

#150401 Your Biggest Nerf Regret

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 10 April 2008 - 04:54 PM in General Nerf

Packing up all my NERF guns today and pulling a Manta Ray off the top shelf of my closet and cringing as it hit the ground and broke into four pieces!

Please say that's not the one I'm getting....
Another regret of mine is driving an hour and thirty minutes to good will, hoping to find anything, and not finding one single nerf gun.

#150406 Increasing The Nitefinder's Plunger Draw

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 10 April 2008 - 05:20 PM in Modifications

Nice mod and ranges, with a better spring you could get much better ranges than that. Is the hot glue holding up well for you?

#150435 Hulk-ified N-strike Re-release

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 10 April 2008 - 07:59 PM in General Nerf

I've seen this on amazon for a couple weeks now. Also they won't shp it until May 4th, so you'd have to wait awhile.

#150470 Kids Stuff Bow And Arrow Write Up

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 10 April 2008 - 09:57 PM in Modifications

Cool mod, I've never seen this gun before.

#150476 Tek Six Singled Writeup

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 10 April 2008 - 10:15 PM in Modifications

If you use a better barrel material it would result in better ranges. Maybe brass or Petg? Nice write up by the way, stick with the black background too.

#150613 Bbb

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 11 April 2008 - 08:51 PM in Modifications

Don't use hotglue or superglue to mount the DTG on the bottom. I tried mounting my nf on my BBB and used super glue it didn't hold, neither did hot glue.

#150710 Pen Blaster Integration Into The Spy Gear Signal Launcher

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 12 April 2008 - 03:29 PM in Modifications

Did you hot glue the gun shut? In the sixth picture it sort of looks like you did. Also why a pen blaster though, how far does it shoot? Nice creativity.

#150747 Night Finder

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 12 April 2008 - 07:02 PM in Modifications

Are your ranges angled? Most people here measure their ranges flat not angled. How old are you? The kids on your website look to be like 10 or 11 years old.

#150801 New Style Dart - The Splash Dart

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 13 April 2008 - 12:25 AM in General Nerf

Those are pretty cool, but would you really want to put water on those after every shot? Not practical, but fun.

#150892 Paper Guns

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 13 April 2008 - 01:13 PM in Off Topic

Those things are pretty cool. I searched around and saw someone made an AK-47. It was actually pretty awesome.

#150896 What's Your Fav Stock Dart

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 13 April 2008 - 01:31 PM in General Nerf

As keef said, tagger darts are my favorite too. Streamlines go further and fly faster but they are very unaccurate.

#151022 Reinforcing An Ls Boltsled (better Edition) And A Paintjob

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 13 April 2008 - 09:07 PM in Modifications

While Ilike love the paint job, I don't believe your ranges were completely from flat level.

EDIT: So are you saying the 90ft range was angled, and 50-60ft is flat since that is the effective range?

#151027 Singled Shotgun Titan Modification

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 13 April 2008 - 09:21 PM in Modifications

I don't really see the point of putting multi barrels on a titan. On my Titan, I just singled it with a 2 foot barrel. Then to shotgun it, just stuff 3-6 darts down the long barrel. Shoots nicely and is a lot easier than multi-barrels. Anyways, good job.

You could do that, but in my experience range is less, and there isn't much of a spread or accuracy (as much accuracy as you can get with a shotgun attachment...)

Anyways, Foam, good job. Nice and clear.

-OfAll'

Along with what Of All' said, most wars don't allow singled titans, so it's better to multi-barrel them.

#151030 Free Rice To Help Starving Children

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 13 April 2008 - 09:30 PM in Off Topic

According to Dictionary.com it's not a real word.

#151217 Reinforcing An Ls Boltsled (better Edition) And A Paintjob

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 14 April 2008 - 10:21 PM in Modifications

I think he's using a crappy webcam to take pictures of them. I may be wrong but it looks like it, that or a camera phone.

#151222 Sm750mav

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 14 April 2008 - 10:49 PM in Modifications

You could epoxy some wood or other material to the trigger then attach it to the metal firing pin by way of epoxying that too. I remember somebody used a broken tape measure case to extend their trigger, but can't remember exactly who.

#151312 Singled Airtech 2000 Petg Modification

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 15 April 2008 - 06:18 PM in Modifications

The "white thing" is actually the air tank. I'm guessing the ranges are normal? 80-90ft? Nice mod.

#151351 Magstrike Problem

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 15 April 2008 - 08:39 PM in Modifications

Picture is not working. Why don't you just exchange the gun and get a new one?

#151358 Smdtg

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 15 April 2008 - 09:13 PM in Modifications

Recently I was looking through the modification directory and I saw that there wasn't a mod for a SMDTG. Although, I believe Bag's may have done something with it. Anyway here's my SMTDG mod.

Materials:
-SMDTG
-1 ft of17/32 brass
-Hot glue
-Hot glue gun
-Screwdriver
-A tool to cut brass (dremel)

Here is one of the guns completely stock:
Posted Image

First open it up:
Posted Image

After this there is a semi-hidden screw right here:
Posted Image

Here is the op vavle, you can hot glue it or cover it with tape:
Posted Image

Next, take out the air restrictor's and the peg which are here:
Posted Image

You take out the ar's and peg by removing the screw that was previously shown. Removing the screw, took off the stock orange barrels. This is what it looks like with the ar's/peg in and no stock barrels on:
Posted Image

Don't forget to take out the springs too!
Posted Image

Now cut your brass into four 4 inch sections like so:
Posted Image

After this, hot glue them inside of the gray part of the gun. This was where the stock barrels was on. Now reasemble your gun with the new barrels. It should look like this when done.
Posted Image

This is a very simple and easy mod that gets good ranges. My barrels are slanted downwards, however, which made the results less. Not to mention the fact it's 45 degrees and rainy in Washington. Ranges were roughly 55-65 ft flat with 15 pumps. I'm definently going to do this mod to my other gun, as well as integrate these into something spectacular. Hope you liked it!

Questions, Comments, Flames?

#151361 Smdtg

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 15 April 2008 - 09:21 PM in Modifications

I'm probably am going to integrate these on something, you'll see. Also, that'd be awesome with some at2k turrets. It would look very weird though.

#151374 Smdtg

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 15 April 2008 - 10:08 PM in Modifications

Your running around a field with a bunch of college aged kids shooting foam darts at each other. Don't worry about it working weird.

Anyways, thank you for posting a write-up for I have not seen a SMDTG write up yet. Man I really need to get a BS/Hornet/SMDTG.

I'm only 14...Also I think it'd be awkward to have to switch each turret everytime. Along with that, it won't fit in with the integration I'm doing with this. Thanks for the compliment, I screwed up my first SMDTG and thought they totally sucked after that, so I traded one to Sam. I then bought another pack (3 actually) and I am now in love with them. If you can get them, I'd definently recomend them.

#151376 My Recon M16a4

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 15 April 2008 - 10:11 PM in Modifications

That looks awesome, nice job. I was waiting for that guy who was doing the paint job to finish it also. I really like the red dot idea, I may do it just for looks, not to mention I have 2 ls scopes sitting around.

#151378 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 15 April 2008 - 10:13 PM in Modifications

SMDTG
Posted Image

#151448 Smdtg

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 16 April 2008 - 03:27 PM in Modifications

Have you noticed that all Nerf guns have "age 6-12" on them? It's sort of like saying "We take no responsibility for you looking like an idiot while using this product if over age 12."

Anyways, I'm glad someone finally made a basic SMDTG mod, and yes, they rock. I bought three packs, but only have five blasters left. I'm going to have to scour my stores for them, or buy a few packs online.

-OfAll'

2 in a pack * 3 packs = 6 guns. Doesn't that mean you have just used one?

He probably traded it to someone or broke it, I broke my first one. Thanks for the compliments everyone. Also, there are tabs on the inside of the gray tubes where you stick in the brass, I didn't sand those out. I'm not sure if that would help or hurt the ranges.

#151453 Be Ye Warned

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 16 April 2008 - 04:24 PM in General Nerf

I don't think longshots are worth staying stock, unless you play indoors. For 30$ a stock longshot is horible for that price. If your going to modify a longshot just be careful and follow everything step by step, search around if anything goes wrong. Chances are your not the only one to break a certain part.

#151461 Smdtg

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 16 April 2008 - 05:09 PM in Modifications

I figured I'd ask this here so I didn't have to make a new topic.
I may have just gotten a really junky set, but both of my smdtg's are awful. I plugged the op valve on both of them, and I tried 15-20 pumps, and I only got about 30 feet (which is what I got when they were stock), and I usually get 30' from the first and last shot, but I only get about 15 from the middle shot. I then tried 30 pumps, and I still only got about 40' (and I still get the lame half distance shot). I used taggers in 3" of petg. I also tried cdtd's, and the results weren't much better. Is there something I am missing? Is it just because I'm not shooting stefans? Does everybody add 20' to their ranges?

How did you put in your new petg barrels? Did you sand out the sides? When I first screwed up my SMDTG, I sanded out the barrels, and put e-tape around the barrels and got about 20-30 ft.

#151487 Pcno Recap

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 16 April 2008 - 06:43 PM in Nerf Wars

So where the hell did you get the blue shirt with the longshot on it? Cause I want one. If you made it, you should sell them.

It's probably their clan shirt or something, it also makes you sound cool when you swear. On topic though, that war looks like it was fun. Also, is that a big salvo on your crossbow?

#151550 200+ Feet? How?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 16 April 2008 - 09:42 PM in Modifications

I remember somebody talking about 400ft Big Blast. Although, I'm not sure of the gun.

#151553 Ttg Modification

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 16 April 2008 - 09:46 PM in Modifications

Geez, how many more stock guns do you have? Nice mod by the way.

#151555 Smdtg

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 16 April 2008 - 09:57 PM in Modifications

I am not sure exactly what you mean, but if I understand what you are saying, I sanded out the little tabs inside the part that the stock barrel attaches to and then put petg with etape on it inside that. On the other, I didn't sand it. Both shoot about the same distance.

Hmm, are you darts a loose or tight fit? The darts I have that are tighter, seem to get better ranges. Maybe etape isn't the way to go with SMDTG, I did the exact same thing as you and got poor ranges before I did this.

Dayko: You live in Washington right? Well I get mine from MClendon's hardware. It's a local hardware store, I think they have a few in WA.