Anyways, I recently bought an old edition TTG from jedijoe (thanks btw), and wanted to make it into a good sidearm. I also wanted it to look clean, something most of my cannot boast of.
PLEASE DON'T POST UNTIL IT'S DONE; THERE WILL BE A FINAL PRODUCT PICTURE, OR 'DONE.'
Here it is.
Open her up.
Take out the assembly.
You can throw the barrel and AR away.
Slip the plunger rod out, and replace the spring with whatever you want, if you want. I replaced it with an FF spring, which is slightly stronger, but the stock one is pretty strong. FF spring on top.
Next take some e-tape and put it under the o-ring. I did it once around.
Now put the plunger road back together, and if youíre replacing the spring with something different than an FF spring, make sure it fits over these plastic pieces connected to the plunger head. If it comes in contact with these it breaks them, making the plunger head less stable and cocking motion more choppy.
Now go grab a CPVC coupler.
Rough up the ends which will come in contact with each other.
Now glue it on, I recommend something strong like Goop or Epoxy; I donít trust hot glue with couplers. Try to center it as much as possible.
Now 2Ē of At2k pump chamber. Iíve seen that 21/32Ē brass slides over with a similar effect, and Iíve heard copper-repair pipe works too. Anyways, cut 2Ē of it, and then insert a 4Ē barrel into the coupler (it helps if itís dry before doing this step). After putting the barrel in straight, slide the 2Ē of your material over, and good the seam. This will act as a guide-rail of sorts for the barrel, so that you donít have to fumble around to get your barrel in, or cut the front of the gun off (TTGís are so sexy). I would recommend leaving the barrel in the coupler while the barrel-sheath dries, but make sure that it doesnít get glued too.
After all thatís dry, itís time to put her back together! I put some etape around the front of the barrel-sheath so it was secure between the two shells. Finished internals.
And the best part is, you can fire megas too! Just take out the CPVC barrel, and it works wonderfully. This is definitely my new sidearm, and one of the coolest and cleanest pistols in my arsenal. With three large bands I get 65í consistently with micros, and 50í consistently with megas (one kept getting 40í, but it was probably the dart). All of these were shot into the wind, if there was any.
Edited by OfAllTheNerf, 16 April 2008 - 07:53 PM.