mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 04-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#186813 Pump Shotty Issues.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 November 2008 - 11:38 AM in Modifications

Hello all. I modified my ball shooting pump shotty, from ERTL, pretty basically. I added a recon spring, coupler'd it like sputnik's Karen, reinforced it as seen in FA_24's Gift to Rambo. For some reason, it is getting about 50ft flat, which I know isn't normal, having gone up against these things at HbH. The only thing I haven't done that MAY be killing the range is gluing the piece of 19/32 in the front of the plunger tube and filling the dead space with hot glue. I can't see that adding another 40ft on though.
Any thoughts to what I may have done wrong? I also added a pad at the end, using the stock ammo, as seen in Karen. The plunger tube is airtight, as I put some etape under the o rings. I CANNOT cock the thing when a dart is loaded, it just won't happen. Seal isn't an issue.
Any help to figuring out my crappy ranges would be greatly appreciated.

#186819 Pump Shotty Issues.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 November 2008 - 11:56 AM in Modifications

Splitlip: I know the recon spring sucks balls. It was the only spring of the length I needed that I had on hand.

Angel of Death: My darts fit OMC petg very well, I am using 12 inches of that. I added the etape after I test fired it, the ranges have not changed significantly.

#186856 Pump Shotty Issues.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 November 2008 - 04:27 PM in Modifications

I'm with AOD on this one. The stock O-ring seal is great! At least on mine. No need to add anything. Try taking the tape out and see what difference it makes. You can always put some back.

Plus, if you are never going to want to vacuum-load, you can notch the plunger, just like the ends of most air pumps, to make it only seal going forward.
Whoops, nevermind - I forgot the double o-ring changes the geometry and makes that risky. It might work, but since I've never tried it myself I'm not going to recommend it.

Ill try taking it it off. Seriously, this thing doesn't need to be coupler'd. I vaccum load all the way, it increases the ROF by so much.

#184545 Pictures In Signatures

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 October 2008 - 06:17 PM in Off Topic

Hahaha. That is good. I agree, an admin should sig that, though Im pretty sure picture sigs are no noes here.

#145979 Newbie Needs Help

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 March 2008 - 04:01 PM in Modifications

Mav sucks, plain and simple. If you want range, get a AT3K or a 4b.
they have range, and the at3k has a good rate of fire.
The maverick is the most overrated gun on the face of the planet.
Everyone thinks it is cool and tries to be gangster by using it.
5 minutes here though, those people will realize they suck.
Good job though attempting the straw mod. I tried, and could not get it to work.
Welcome to NH.

#180103 Crutch Blast 4000

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 September 2008 - 09:27 AM in Modifications

I would cut right through that metal bar with a dremel. That would work.

#181575 Ertl Rapid Fire Shotgun

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 October 2008 - 08:01 PM in Modifications

It looks nice, but what did you need Vaseline for?

I guess he needed it to lube the plunger tube. DO NOT DO THIS! I believe vaseline is petroleum based, which will eat at your rubber plunger head. I would wipe it off, and use silicone lube instead. By the way, this is awesome, I am seriously considering getting one of these again (first attempt failed, but General Cole fixed it up, he currently uses it as a primary I believe)

#186938 Pump Shotty Issues.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 November 2008 - 10:04 PM in Modifications

I will do something like that, Bob. I found a VERY beefy spring at my local hardware store. I think it is too strong, but I will try it on it's own, then add the recon, and then the pump shotty if that is nesessary.
Thansk for the help everyone.

#194132 R.s.c.b. At2k Writeup

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 05 December 2008 - 05:58 PM in Modifications

I have a RSCB at2k, and I love it. One primary I use often. Mine holds seven darts, I use the ball valve (you replaced it) as a shoulder stock. Gets 80ft flat.
Good job modifying it to use CPVC. Looser barrel material is usually better than tight for RSBC though. The dart has to go partway into the barrel just by shaking it.... I would reccomend PETG unless your darts are real skinny.

#226034 Barrel Length Of Bbbb Rcsb Clipped?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 April 2009 - 07:50 AM in Modifications

Just to clarify a little: Your dead space is preventing the 130ft ranges you seek. You may be able to get 130ft out of a single'd PLUGGED BBBB, but never out of a even single'd unplugged BBBB. Your ranges are exceptional for not having the pump plugged, and having an RSCB clip on it. My RSCB BBBB maxed out at 85ft. Im unsure if you could plug the pump on this, depends on what war you are attending. Some may say it is OK due to the added dead space, therefore a decrease in range/power.
Onto your barrel: You are using CPVC, if my eyes do not decieve me. CPVC can be a great barrel material, but not for air guns. Perhaps your FBR is really thin, but usually, PETG or 9/16 brass is better for airguns. Airguns= looser barrel material. 1 foot of CPVC will probably kill some range, try switching the barrel material or cutting down the barrel to 8 or 9 inches.

#234812 Repairs, Any Suggestions?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 June 2009 - 02:59 PM in General Nerf

Not really. You will need to modify the plunger head to get it to work. CS was wrong, it can be done.

A huge, recently common problem is if the entire plunger head stem breaks off. This is more prone to occur if you store the gun while it’s primed, as the constant force on the stem weakens it over time, until it shoots off. The best way to repair this, is to pilot an 1/8″ hole about 1/2″ down into the center of the end of the plunger rod. Take a nice fat 3/4 - 7/8″ mounting or wood screw, run a 3/4″ fender washer, then your plunger head neoprene washer, then another 3/4″ fender washer (both uncut), and screw it into your piloted hole slowly until it can’t go any further. If you’re using the replaced plunger tube, a 1 1/4″ neoprene washer will do the job, but a 1 1/8″ one will be the perfect seal. They’re just significantly harder to find.

Taken from Split's guide.
Yeah, it will work, no it will not be completely stock, either.
Hope this helps.

EDIT: I use a 1 1/4 with my stock PT, it works great

#218894 Squirt Gun Dart Conversion

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 March 2009 - 02:51 AM in Modifications

I did this a few months back...
I got pretty good ranges, 75ft with 3 pumps with an AT2K pump (plugged). You are getting better ranges with the bigger tank, but do you really want to pump it 100 times? I think it is well worth sacrificing 5ft of range for the improved ROF.

#203443 Vinyl Tubing Bonding

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 January 2009 - 10:07 PM in General Nerf

I find barbed fittings at Home depot. Im really sorry that you are having all these problems with the guns I traded you. They worked when I had them. I made sure of that before I put them in the mail.
You are looking for 1/4od barbed fittings, they look a bit like a dumbbell.
EDIT: 900th post....

#197512 Scorpion Bow

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 December 2008 - 04:41 PM in Modifications

This is a knock off airzone gun. They sell it in stores around me (TRU, Walmart) for the same price as a BBB (19.99). I didn't think it had much potential, so if I wanted a BBB, I bought a nerf BBB. I may reconsider next time.

#197593 Ls Mod

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 December 2008 - 09:21 PM in Modifications

I had a LS/NF/Recon spring combo in my LS. Ask K9turrent, it is awesome (sold it to him) It is singled, so has better ranges than a standard one would (unless angel breeched).

#177309 Blast Fire Modification

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 September 2008 - 09:57 AM in Modifications

I never noticed how small it was until now. Thats cool. I would expect ranges to be a bit better. Are you sure you didn't saw the barrels off too roughly? I know that this can cause leaks in hornets, and this seems like it works the same way, so Im not sure.

#184421 Supermaxx 3000

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 October 2008 - 03:37 PM in Modifications

WD40 will eat the valve away... Don't use it. Silicone might work though. If it is that beat up, Im not sure if it will ever work.

#152692 Sm1.5k Major Problems

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 April 2008 - 08:36 PM in Modifications

EDIT: SEE MY SECOND POST, AFTER JEDIJOE9's

#152750 Sm1.5k Major Problems

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 April 2008 - 06:17 AM in Modifications

Ok. I have a much bigger problem now. I fixed it again, shot it, and the rubber sealer inside the tank shot out the barrel! I sawed off the long thing that connects the tank to the turret, and managed to get the rubber thing back in. The problem is now, I can't use the turret, and I didn't want to single it. I had the idea of replacing it with a drinking straw wrapped in etape, but im worried that would bust. Any suggestions?

#152630 Hyperfire

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 April 2008 - 03:16 PM in General Nerf

Might I ask why you posted this?
Hyperfire+Ninjaface=9999 day special.
If you are indeed asking what one is, it is a downsized version of the DTG, and comes in a set of 4.
It has not been released.

#146278 Ontario Summer War?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 March 2008 - 01:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Just to clear things up a little: I have no experience in planning a war, though I may attend one if it is close enough to me.
When is hell before halloween exactly?

#149924 Blue Tommy 20

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 April 2008 - 07:12 PM in General Nerf

I saw this on the Toys r Us website when I was looking for a BBBB. Also look above it. A 4 pack, 2 BBBBs and 2 single Teks.

http://www.toysrus.c...7CBuzz Bee Toys

This is nothing new. I live in toronto, and I have seen all this stuff for months. Im not sure what neck of canuckistan your from, but maybe they have just come out there.

#152917 Sm1.5k Major Problems

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 April 2008 - 02:30 PM in Modifications

Im finishing it now... Will be up tomorrow.

#152770 Sm1.5k Major Problems

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 April 2008 - 10:51 AM in Modifications

Thanks imaseoulman. I am going to use this piece of tubing that is pretty rigid, but is about 3/4 of an inch, but has insanely thin walls. I hope it works. I spent a lot on this sm1.5k because it was an abnormally strong one. I guess I pumped it one too many times. I epoxied the rubber thing to the pin, and now it works fine. I just want to be able to use the turret.

EDIT: I finished it today. Will post a write up soon, because doing what I did had a funny side effect: It greatly increased the seal, and therefore the range.

#163127 Non-advancing Magstrike Mag

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 July 2008 - 07:07 PM in Modifications

So... I bought an Iron Man Magstrike, and I loved it. So naturally, I had to have more. I did a few modifications (the usual bladder space increase, safety removal, and OPR valve removal), slapped it back together, and BAM! Only shoots one dart (ranges not exact, but I'd say, oh, three inches) and the clip does not advance. Plus, so as to add insult to injury, when no clip is inserted, the advancement wedge DOES come forward.

Ugh. Can anyone help me figure out what's gone wrong?

I had the exact same problem. I scrapped it, as I hate the thing, but I believe that I put the parts in wrong.
Try making sure the parts are in exactly as they should be, and try again.
This is why powerclips are so much better. They don't have these kinds of problems.....

#158396 Frappr...let's Revive It

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 June 2008 - 08:35 AM in Nerf Wars

Im on.

#146256 Ontario Summer War?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 March 2008 - 09:52 AM in Nerf Wars

I was wondering, since I joined NH in december, if anyone is plannning a war in ontario, canada, this summer. I searched and came up with WMNO, which hasn't happend in a couple years and Hell before halloween which is in fall.
If so, thats cool im just wondering.

#154530 Rfr Breech Mod

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 May 2008 - 07:32 AM in Modifications

My cousin tried this, but for some reason with different sizes of CPVC. Let's say it didn't really work, and I thougt re-breeching this was almost impossible. Good job though. I would suggest making those dremel cuts a little cleaner next time to make sure you don't shred your darts. It's happened to me. It sucks.
EDIT: Your cuts are fine, I just looked at them again.

#218756 Integration Glue Help

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 March 2009 - 08:23 AM in Modifications

I use some glue that has a similar make-up to zap a gap, and then I put epoxy putty over that. It hasn't failed me yet.

#149666 Ar Removal

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 06 April 2008 - 03:16 PM in Modifications

I was too lazy, so I did this with my Longshot. Worked wonders on the range.

#237423 Angel Breech Question

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 June 2009 - 02:30 PM in Modifications

Follow hereticorp's assault rifle write up to the dot, except don't put tightening rings in the 9/16ths brass that has the half pipe cut out of it. Zap a gap a piece of 17/32 there instead, you will be good to go.

#218747 Petg Question

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 March 2009 - 03:06 AM in General Nerf

From what crooked said my darts are ok. I just want some of that sweet harder foam backing rod that FA24 has. The crummy grey stuff at rona just isn't the same.

I've used 10 ft of PETG so far and I've only made 2 guns. My theory is if it only fires one dart before you have to reload, why bother?

Oh, plus Keitan's shotgun requires 2 more feet of PETG then the next 2 mods I'm thinking of will require 7 more feet of PETG.

That rona stuff is the most frustrating crap I have ever had the misfortune to use. It fits NOTHING!! I ordered some OMC petg about a year ago, and it didn't fit that, it was too big, then I tried rona CPVC, and that was too tight. 17/32 was too. Angel's FBR is awesome. Use that or Hereticorp's black stuff.
Oh and you won't regret ordering 50ft. I ordered 20ft, I was out within 2 months...
OMC is in stock I believe, he was out a while ago, but I believe he got some more.

#218934 Integration Glue Help

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 March 2009 - 01:57 PM in Modifications

I use some glue that has a similar make-up to zap a gap, and then I put epoxy putty over that. It hasn't failed me yet.

You mean Fishin' Glue. And I personally like this stuff, it is easy to sand, and twice as strong as Fishin' Glue.

Yeah, that stuff looks pretty amazing. If I were you, Umpshapapla (sorry if I butchered your name) I would tack it with fishin glue/zap a gap, and then put this epoxy stuff that nerfnut is talking about over that. I don't think you want to hold your integration piece imobile for 30 mins for it to set. The fishin glue sets in 15 seconds, and it will hold the joint for the epoxy to work.

#200852 Rattler Mod

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 January 2009 - 04:33 PM in Modifications

That topic was from over a year ago. The admins do not look kindly on necroing old topics. Just a heads up.

#163491 Hq

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 July 2008 - 08:47 PM in Off Topic

Still down for me. I wonder if it really is dead...

#168444 Crossbow Problems

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 August 2008 - 02:05 PM in Modifications

I have a deep dark secret: The etape on my crossbow, Gemini, is not just for looks. It turns out that everytime I try to screw in a screw in the main body of the gun (not the handle or stock) The screw just keeps on rotating, not catching on anything or tightening. I don't believe kenner ever made longer versions of their screws, so that is why I have the etape keeping it closed. I want to paint the xbow, so I am asking for some feedback on how to close the gun using screws. I think the screw ports may be stripped, but Im not sure.

#176359 +bow Addition

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 10 September 2008 - 07:21 AM in Modifications

Finally another use for those arrows! I used small rings to put under the cocking handle on my longshot, to protect the paintjob.

#203681 Singled Titan And Hvz

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 January 2009 - 08:35 PM in Off Topic

There's no way in hell I'd let a Titan (or a BBBB, for that matter) see play in a HVZ game. I f anyone protests, just direct them to Angel's video--in which the fella taking the hit from a Titan is injured rather spectacularly. Anyone who doesn't have enough sense to recognize that these would be extremely bad for HVZ is not the kind of person I'd be comfortable with sharing the game with.

BBB not BBBB. I am still trying to wrap my mind around the Titan/Big Bad Bow comparison. The way some people's minds run..................frightening.

I was just saying that while Titans should be right out, even BBBBs (which are commonly used at nerf wars) are inappropriate for HvZ. Anyone who thinks that getting hit by a BBB is comparable to being hit by a titan needs much education. BBBs should be fine--not effective alone, but safe. I plan on using my SNAPbow for HvZ--with a RSCB clip to tone down the range and up the ROF.

RSBC clips BARELY kill range at all. I wouldn't participate in HvZ with a Snapbow RSBC'd. At massacre 2 K9 was using a pump shotty with a RSBC, and it shot at least 60ft, with no spring replacement or internal modification. It hurt, it's ROF was insane.
Anyway, Eddie, shoot this jerk in the arm with a titan at close range, and he will NEVER want to touch the thing again.

#206516 A Quirky Little Contract Video.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 January 2009 - 07:21 AM in Modifications

Nice music haha. So were the blastfires just a gift, for a contract, or payment for something, or what?

He told me at massacre 2 he got 8 of them for quite a good deal from some guy out west.
Good video as always, FA.

#207858 Keyring Rig Help

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 January 2009 - 11:49 AM in Modifications

A couple things.
1. The LSFG has NO potential. Your crappy ranges are normal.
2. An incomplete trigger pull will only affect air guns, as the air leaks out slowly. As long as it fires, you are fine.

Otherwise, nice job. Your LSFG integration is much cleaner than mine.