Barrel Length Of Bbbb Rcsb Clipped?

awesome gun btw

8 replies to this topic

#1 lianbria

lianbria

• Banned
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:21 PM

Hi i just made fixed my RCSB clip for my BBBB and i was wondering how long the cpvc barrel should be. It naturally should be fairly long because the BBBB has a large air output (almost as much as titan) but if was wondering if the 12" barrel i have is too long, right now it shoots as well as a singled longshot which is about 100' but i was hoping something similar to titan strength. Considering other people have been able to shoot about 130' with their BBBB i was wondering if my barrel too long? Or perhaps it is because it is an RCSB clip which has too much dead space. Also, the gun is not plugged for legality reasons.

Posted Image

Here is a pic of the gun

Posted Image

Here is the breech installed at the back for easy loading

Posted Image

heres where the RCSB clip attaches to the coupler, which allows me to switch barrels :D

Posted Image

Here are the iron sights

I usually pump it 7 times and shoot, so it has a fast rate of fire...hmm this turned into more of a showoff then question. Anyways, question is how long should the barrel be for the BBBB? Also, how long should the barrel be for a nerf reactor, i was thinking of modding one of mine.

Edited by lianbria, 25 April 2009 - 06:26 PM.

"anytime not spent nerfing, is time better spent nerfing"

#2 spartan062

spartan062

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:27 PM

It all depends on your darts and how powerful the gun is. I would suggest a 6-8" barrel.
Join the Revolution- NerfRevolution.com

#3 stuck by stefan

stuck by stefan

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:34 PM

12 inches may be fine, As I have notice 18" is best for a singled bbbb. Don't expect Titan ranges with a unplugged pump and a rscb, A unplugged singled bbbb gets only 130. Try 10" or 8" but I think the barrel you have now is fine. 100 feet for an rscb gun is wonderful.

This is the NerfHaven profile of Northeast Designs. For more info visit https://www.facebook...p8OwIso&fref=nf

Old school Nerf engineer since 2008

#4 minsc

minsc

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 07:31 PM

Yes, the RSCB is hurting ranges, but 100 feet is plenty for anything you may need.

The best barrel length depends on a lot of things, your gun, dart fit, barrel material, etc. Test a variety of lengths, starting a little too long, firing a couple, and cutting off a little, and so on. Stop when there's not much improvement in range, and you should have the optimum barrel.
QUOTE(Zorn's Lemma @ Jul 25 2010, 12:18 AM) View Post

You'll do a lot better if you spread the lips with the front. Trying to wriggle the back in there first seems a bit counterintuitive.

RSCBow

#5 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:50 AM

Just to clarify a little: Your dead space is preventing the 130ft ranges you seek. You may be able to get 130ft out of a single'd PLUGGED BBBB, but never out of a even single'd unplugged BBBB. Your ranges are exceptional for not having the pump plugged, and having an RSCB clip on it. My RSCB BBBB maxed out at 85ft. Im unsure if you could plug the pump on this, depends on what war you are attending. Some may say it is OK due to the added dead space, therefore a decrease in range/power.
Onto your barrel: You are using CPVC, if my eyes do not decieve me. CPVC can be a great barrel material, but not for air guns. Perhaps your FBR is really thin, but usually, PETG or 9/16 brass is better for airguns. Airguns= looser barrel material. 1 foot of CPVC will probably kill some range, try switching the barrel material or cutting down the barrel to 8 or 9 inches.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#6 lianbria

lianbria

• Banned
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:31 AM

i actually use this gray foam which is very thin and fits somewhat tightly in cpvc, not the beige foam that FA uses. It works fairly nicely, the grey darts i do use are too loose in petg though. Perhaps i should start using the beige darts and then use a PETG barrel. I just use the cpvc to ensure that it only shoots 1 dart at a time, otherwise i tend to shoot about 5 darts.
"anytime not spent nerfing, is time better spent nerfing"

#7 Applefury

Applefury

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:35 AM

Hi i just made fixed my RCSB clip for my BBBB and i was wondering how long the cpvc barrel should be. It naturally should be fairly long because the BBBB has a large air output (almost as much as titan) but if was wondering if the 12" barrel i have is too long, right now it shoots as well as a singled longshot which is about 100' but i was hoping something similar to titan strength. Considering other people have been able to shoot about 130' with their BBBB i was wondering if my barrel too long? Or perhaps it is because it is an RCSB clip which has too much dead space. Also, the gun is not plugged for legality reasons.

By all means do what you wish but...
100ft and you want more? Especially with the ROF capabilities you are speaking of, why? I've seen you play, you're not the on who sits there trying to pick people off, your always moving around, rushing. If your going to be rushing then don't strive to make those ranges any better. Unless it is your goal to cause your opponents great pain.

Edited by Applefury, 26 April 2009 - 11:37 AM.

QUOTE(Gamefreak @ Sep 29 2008, 07:03 PM) View Post

Since you're too young to get a hotel, you should look around, maybe check some aim chatrooms.
Theres alot of really friendly, nice people out there, that'd be more than willing to accomodate a young boy.

#8 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:33 PM

i actually use this gray foam which is very thin and fits somewhat tightly in cpvc, not the beige foam that FA uses. It works fairly nicely, the grey darts i do use are too loose in petg though. Perhaps i should start using the beige darts and then use a PETG barrel. I just use the cpvc to ensure that it only shoots 1 dart at a time, otherwise i tend to shoot about 5 darts.

We require that you capitalize, punctuate, and spell correctly in every post. Please correct this in future posts.
http://nerfhaven.com...?act=boardrules
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#9 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:54 PM

Just to clarify a little: Your dead space is preventing the 130ft ranges you seek. You may be able to get 130ft out of a single'd PLUGGED BBBB, but never out of a even single'd unplugged BBBB. Your ranges are exceptional for not having the pump plugged, and having an RSCB clip on it. My RSCB BBBB maxed out at 85ft. Im unsure if you could plug the pump on this, depends on what war you are attending. Some may say it is OK due to the added dead space, therefore a decrease in range/power.
Onto your barrel: You are using CPVC, if my eyes do not decieve me. CPVC can be a great barrel material, but not for air guns. Perhaps your FBR is really thin, but usually, PETG or 9/16 brass is better for airguns. Airguns= looser barrel material. 1 foot of CPVC will probably kill some range, try switching the barrel material or cutting down the barrel to 8 or 9 inches.

I would just like to say that the majority of this is true. But that only counts for singled guns. For a RSBC you need to have a tighter fit. It allows the gun to make a better fit. But I am surprised that he is abe to get 100' out of it-seems a bit long for an RSBC. I have a 8'' long barrel on mine and its getting roughly 80-90'. But if you are getting 100' like everyone said don't change it-it's good enough as it is.
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users