Ertl Rapid Fire Shotgun

marker barrels

8 replies to this topic

#1 jerm78

jerm78

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 04:16 PM

I recieved a few questions about this gun and while I'm not finished with it I decided to post it. I got it at Bass Pro for $24.99, they had tons of them.

Posted Image

I double stacked the spring with one I had laying around, It was the only thing I had that would fit over the top of the shaft(a NF spring won't fit)

Posted Image

I followed Angels write up mostly but I didn't have to cut anything. The orange tip prys off with a little force, its not glued on. And the locking washers on the turret come off with needle mose plyers. The hardest part was getting the rubber plunger head back on(it has to come off to add a spring) and getting the markers in so they made an air tight seal.

Posted Image

I have not tested ranges yet but its in the same class as my moded BBB and LS. This is a bad-ass gun and if you find one buy it its worth the money. I will post more once I do my range tests

#2 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 04:21 PM

Anything better than 70ft and I may consider Doing the mod without cutting the front off like you did. Very nice mod if ranges stack nicely.

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#3 Z4

Z4

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:08 PM

Good job. If you ever have to take off the plunger head again, try dipping it into some hot water for a few seconds. This will make it more pliable and easier to get back on.
Z4 of the NIC
"We are here to have fun with the toys we love in a civilized and friendly manner."- Talio

#4 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:09 PM

Mine's turret broke, so I singled it with Petg. How'd you fit the barrels down? Mine kept getting stuck.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#5 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:11 PM

I, too, could never get crayolas to fit snugly in the turret. How'd you do it?
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#6 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:14 PM

I suggest that you follow Angels Improvement(the plunger shaft wise) shown here.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#7 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:59 PM

It looks nice, but what did you need Vaseline for?
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#8 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:01 PM

It looks nice, but what did you need Vaseline for?

I guess he needed it to lube the plunger tube. DO NOT DO THIS! I believe vaseline is petroleum based, which will eat at your rubber plunger head. I would wipe it off, and use silicone lube instead. By the way, this is awesome, I am seriously considering getting one of these again (first attempt failed, but General Cole fixed it up, he currently uses it as a primary I believe)
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#9 Guest_Killakit_*

Guest_Killakit_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:13 PM

Great modification. By looking at the shots what is an estimate? I am really anxious. This has a lot of potential, but if you had done the same thing Angel did you probably would get more range and accuracy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users