Funky Mutha Facko's Content

There have been 103 items by Funky Mutha Facko (Search limited from 19-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#330131 Z-tech Arrows

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 22 May 2013 - 11:56 AM in Darts and Barrels

I've read elsewhere that people have rigged a sling to the bungee cords to launch balled up socks instead of arrows. You may want to try this method to fire stress balls. They should get better range than socks and still be acceptable at nerf wars.

#332072 Yet Another Wye Iteration

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 18 July 2013 - 07:51 AM in Darts and Barrels

The individual price is a bit high for a wye. Do you have colors other than white available? If I order in bulk can I have you print custom writing on the other side?

That one that was at ddfd had it's barrel broken off while attached to a blaster and the wye took the hit with no problems.

#319888 Would this mod work?

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 04 August 2012 - 10:16 AM in Modifications

Don't waste brass on a maverick. Glue the slip clutch together to prevent jams. Mavs are pretty useless unless everybody is using reverse plunger blasters.

#323965 Wills Win-ter War II

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 27 November 2012 - 09:51 AM in Nerf Wars

Hell yes! I will be there with my crew as always. If we have snow before then we should make some snobsticles before hand for snip3r's nest. I'm sure it will look just like the picture.

#331557 Will Custom Darts Work in Stock Barrels?

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 04 July 2013 - 08:58 AM in Darts and Barrels

If you make full lenght homemade darts with a foam that is a little wider than stock foam you should see increased performance and accuracy without needing a rebarrel. I have fat slugs that I use in my pistols that have stock barrels and they work very well.

#322510 Vote for NH's Next Avatar Pack

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 12 October 2012 - 07:59 PM in Off Topic

Psychopathic Records

#313966 Tyco blaster help

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 04 April 2012 - 02:30 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image
Found this blaster and it wouldn't catch so I opened it up.

Posted Image
Posted Image

It looks as if the tension spring was just to much for the poor old plastic to hand. My question is this, has anyone repaired this break before? I found pictures and info about the blaster here and it looks like this is a common problem.

#313970 Tyco blaster help

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 04 April 2012 - 05:17 PM in General Nerf

Where the post attaches to the shell is where it is broken. It is wide at the shell, and then gets smaller where it goes through the catch mech. At the widest part it also where the tension spring wraps around. I suppose a bolt running through the whole blaster would work if I rigged something up to hold the spring in the correct place, but I really wanted to maintain the look of the stock blaster.

#324817 Triad Barrel Replacement

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 28 December 2012 - 12:11 AM in Modifications

Read the entire thread before doing this modification. This post will be updated when new information is found.

Lets start!
Break down your blaster following Shadow the HellJumper's tutorial. You will also need to remove the trigger and the plate at the bottom near the priming handle. Push up on the black rubber piece from inside the plunger tube and it will pop free. Here it is all taken apart.
Posted Image

If you examine the barrels you will see only a very small part of it actually grips the dart. The dart on the left is where it would stop if you dropped it into the barrel, and on the right is if you pushed it all the way in.

Posted Image

Cut the trigger guard free from the front barrel and score the plastic above the trigger where it meets the blaster so it will tear more easily. Then just cut the barrels off as shown.

Posted Image

Clean up the cut area so you have a nice even surface.

Posted Image

Next, cut three barrels of equal length. I chose a length that would hold clip system darts completely inside the barrel. I can't remember what the barrels are made of, but they have a great fit on stock darts and has the same od as cpvc.

Posted Image

Carefully glue your barrels to the openings where the old ones used to be. I glued the barrels on using multiple layers of superglue, cured with baking soda. I only glued them partially, then added the front spacer, and then went back and really stuck them in place with a few more layers of superglue. Using baking soda to cure superglue kicks ass. If you have never tried it, you really should.

Here are a few shots of the final product.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Make sure to lubricate the plunger tube, plunger head, and the black rubber piece that connects the pt to the air restrictor housing.

EDIT: My lower barrel kept getting awful ranges due to a rubber disk that sits on top of the white part in the air restrictor setup. The rubber part wouldn't move back with the white part and get stuck half way. Then when the barrel was fired the rubber part would close off the barrel prematurely.

Clean the white part and the back of the rubber part with a little alcohol on a q-tip and let dry. Then VERY CAREFULLY add a very small dot of glue between them and allow the spring to push them together. This made all inconsistencies in ranges stop.

As far as ranges go.... sadly it seems to be getting almost the same ranges as a stock triad. I may try out some different barrel materials or lenghts on my next triad rebarrel. At least this mod made this a much more reliable blaster by removing the chance of darts slipping once loaded.

Hope to see somebody take this and really show me up by making it work. The possibility for better ranges is there, we just need to get there.

#324855 Triad Barrel Replacement

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 28 December 2012 - 10:15 PM in Modifications

Are those air restrict-ors still inside the barrels?

Yes, this is probably the first barrel replacement ever to keep the air restrictors in place. I did remove the pegs though.

I think the OMW vulcan spring works in that.

I heard that as well, on NM&R. I plan on ordering both the 5kg and 6kg vulcan springs to test out.

Also, the reason it may be firing strangely is because of the ar dart-selector setup.
The ar is probably fully decompressed, while the dart is still in the barrel.
Have you tested what darts work best? It may be how long the're in the tube after the decompression.
Good luck, hope this helps,

Mully

That had crossed my mind, but I figured that the stock barrels would be even worse if that was the case. I found the culprit.... keep reading.

Nice. You just used the stock orange plastic thing for a spacer, right? Does one barrel fire farther than the others?

The orange plastic piece on the front is unmodified except that I cut it free from the trigger guard.

When testing it last night it seemed all over the place, but today it was more consistent. This may be due to dart size.It seems to prefer a slightly loose dart fit. If I was to do it all over again I'd use 17/32 brass or petg, but these barrels may be better after the spring is upgraded.

I have found the problem with barrel inconsistencies. Looking into the opening of the ar valve assembly I saw a new component to the "air restrictor", a rubber piece that floats on the white pegs. This piece looks like it was designed to sit inside the white part to make a better seal when no dart is inserted. This rubber part is not attached to the white piece and sometimes gets stuck in sideways. And when you fire that barrel with that piece floating in the path of the air it gets pushed up and closes the airway of that barrel. I will get pictures when I get it open.

The solution to this problem will be simply to glue the rubber to the white ar valve part. To do that I will need a way to get into the valve assembly without destroying it. There appear to be two tabs holding it together, but I can't get it to budge.

Extra Info: The top two barrels were shooting near 75ft with darts that were cold and had shrunk a bit from being outdoors today. I expect that after the valves are fixed this blaster will rock slug darts only. The next one will be sporting some petg/brass barrels, and work great with stock darts. The original post will be updated when the I have a final product that deserves a spot in the modification directory.

Oh, and thank for your ideas and compliments. I look forward to seeing somebody else take a stab at it. Or even better…… beat me to re-barreling a RoughCut 2x4.

#320953 THE B.L.A.R.P.E.R.

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 24 August 2012 - 06:41 PM in Homemades

nevermind

#327402 Strongarm turret extension, post and lock removal.

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 27 February 2013 - 05:10 PM in Modifications

I also removed the pegs this way, and did not remove the ar. It ruined my ranges due to the ar needing the base of the peg to operate correctly. Did you find a way around that problem?

#314021 SSPB Pump Replacement and Large Tanks

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 05 April 2012 - 07:45 PM in Modifications

I am a fan of that cat. You will be seeing the funky version of this as soon as I finish current projects. Thank you. Wish I could have beaten ya to if.

#324887 Separating the Strongarm Turret

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 29 December 2012 - 01:10 PM in Modifications

Well you could always just find a way around opening it. Cut out the are/ dart peg parts and try to just drill the barrels out. It may get tricky to clean out, but not impossible.

Today's tip: Every nerfer should pick up a long hemostat for getting into those really tough to reach places.

#324690 Rough Cut AR/peg removal

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 23 December 2012 - 02:24 PM in Modifications

Has anybody just twisted out the pegs with pliers? I really don't want to open it up until I get a second to do a full re-barrel. I have a war next week and just want to be able to shoot streamlines.

#321208 Rampage BuzzBee LongShot Attachement

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 29 August 2012 - 05:58 PM in Modifications

Nothing like the beauty of a seamless integration. Is the tank and barrel level to the rampages barrel? Is it solid, when you pump it fast can it come loose? How exactly is it attached, just cram it in there?

#331350 pumpsnap priming handle

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 27 June 2013 - 09:00 PM in Homemades

Search irrigation supplies in you local yellow pages then make some phone calls. It's easier to find in rural areas.

#323275 problem with vortex blasters dropping mags?

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 02 November 2012 - 09:56 AM in Modifications

Put a stronger spring on the clip release. I'm not very familiar with vortex blasters but I assume it uses a spring to hold the clip in place.

#330659 Potential Distributer Network

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 08 June 2013 - 09:01 AM in Off Topic

Although there aren't very many homemade builders up here in Wisco I may be interested depending upon price and quantity of the case.

#329757 polycarb barrel help

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 13 May 2013 - 09:20 AM in Darts and Barrels

I am selling polycarb redline barrels with your required size. 5/8" od and 1/2" id. It is a little more loose than cpvc and works well with stock darts as well as fat darts. Airgun(ish) fit on MHA darts. I can get you as much as you could possibly ever need to use. Price is $.50 a foot plus shipping.

#316833 Painter's Bow

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 10 June 2012 - 05:00 PM in Homemades

Are the bow arms one piece, with the hole for the barrel drilled through it, or are the 3/4 cpvc arms actually two separate pieces solvent welded or otherwise attached to the 3/4 pvc pieces?

The bow arms are one continuous 4ft length with a hold drilled for the barrel to pass through. Thanks for the props.

Where would one find such rubber tubing? Is it necessary to cover the rubber with vinyl like with string?

I found my tubing in person at American Science and Surplus. I can't find it on their site but you may be able to. It is 9/16 OD and that is the same size as the vinyl tubing. I ran the rubber directly through where the vinyl was and am not afraid of it wearing to much because it has rather thick walls. It was around $2 a foot, and if it does break I can always buy more and make a larger hole to hold some larger vinyl to protect it.

#316816 Painter's Bow

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 10 June 2012 - 09:51 AM in Homemades

If I half draw it will fire just one dart. It needs to be cut down. The front part is a check valve that will be worked into the plunger head, it is best used that way instead of rigging it up as a wye. If I did it again I would leave it attached and attach the bushing th end of that.

Going to ace tomorrow to find better bow arms as well as a new handle for the pr for when I cut it down.

Continued......

So I cut the plunger tube and tube-rod down to a 9in draw, sanded the 3/4in pieces even more on the inside to accept the 3/4in cpvc arms. This baby is beast.

Posted Image

It is now only shooting one dart at a time as it should. The painters bow easily hits that 100 mark, and can easily be tightened or made more loose to adjust ranges to wherever I'd like them to be.

The only downside to using a bow like this is it's size, and now that is optional as well.

Posted Image

The bow arms can easily be switched out for the more compact version that uses rubber tubing as the power source instead of the long arms. The full size bow is easier to draw than this, but the tubing is much smaller, and puts out the same power, if not more power that the arms.

If you haven't ever tried rubber tubing before I would suggest picking some up. This little bow blew my socks off when I installed that tubing. Friggin scary potential.

#316674 Painter's Bow

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 07 June 2012 - 09:12 AM in Homemades

updated 6/10/12

#316598 Painter's Bow

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 06 June 2012 - 09:20 AM in Homemades

I am using the original plunger head that was built into the paint tube. It is simply two o-rings on the plunger rod-tube that get perfect seal and move very smoothly.

Posted Image

Took it outside last night and took a few shots down the alley. Estimated range would be around 100ft with the first dart, 50 with the second, and twenty with the third. It was consistently shooting three darts each time. This morning I shortened the bow strings until I got it to shoot fast enough that only one dart fired. That lasted for about three shots when the pvc began to lose its elasticity and it began to fire two, then three darts again. I will have to go pick up some 3/4 in cpvc before work and see how that holds it's shape tonight.

I can see the glue beginning to separate from the pt so I will have to throw some screws in the bushing and a little padding on the ph to make it last. The draw is so long that I cannot use my left hand to hold the bow arm and instead have to hold the tube making it more difficult to aim, although I did manage to him my old lady at that 100ft mark with no problem. I'm think I'll cut it down a bit to make it overall more comfortable and functional.

I'm sure this same kind of bow could be made using one of those pool water guns that are pull to fill and push to shoot. Plus they have those at the dollar store. I would like to add a trigger, and could make a catch point easily by cutting a notch out of the rod-tube. Using a clothespin is out of the question though because the nail would just tear up the plastic. I'll have to find some other way to make it work.

#316580 Painter's Bow

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 05 June 2012 - 08:45 PM in Homemades

While out shopping at Goodwill I came across the Wagner Paint Mate, and for only $3 why not take a stab at making it into a blaster.
Posted Image

It sat around my house for a while. Occasionally I'd pick it up, look at it, think "How can I put a spring in this thing?" Then it would go back to collecting dust. Inspiration struck after seeing the superpac and having one of those "DUH" moments where I realized that that it could be bow powered. Found what I needed on how to build it from Kane's Aabow and Ice Nine's bow powered +bow.

Hello Painter's Bow
Posted Image

Pretty much hacked off the roller part and glued what I believe was a 1in to 1/2in bushing (with a lil e-tape) into the plunger tube. Constructed the tee from a 1/2in input to 3/4 output tee, two segments of 3/4in pvc bored out to fit the 1/2in bow arms. Slid all that together and drilled dremeled down the 1/2in input of the tee. The hopper attaches to the plunger tube and then the bow arms and tee slide over the barrel.

Posted Image

The rope runs through vinyl tubing that itself goes into a hole dremeled into the plunger rod tube(not actually a rod).
Posted Image

And here is the rope connected to the bow arms.
Posted Image

Currently using a 12in barrel and a 7 dart hopper. Both could be larger I'm sure. With 19in of draw length, by the time the plunger head reaches it's stopping point it shoots at least two darts, sometimes more. It may just be do damn big. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

This was my first attempt at any king of homemade, and it was a great warmup. The drill press I recently acquired is currently packed behind a bunch of crap in my storage locker so I had no option but to use a dremel for all the "drilling." It came out pretty clean for just eyeballing all the holes. I considering adding some kind of handle and catch system, but it needs to be firing correctly first.

#331250 NUCLEAR

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 25 June 2013 - 08:29 AM in Nerf Wars

Looks like I can get outta work that day. I will talk to the mano crew at Sundays war to try and set up some kinda carpool... I'm looking forward to trying out the new wyes and silicone dome darts.

Time for you to work on a new game type, radioactive zombie rounds!

#310914 NiteShot Help

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 08 February 2012 - 03:14 PM in Modifications

If you are just using two stock springs, you will need to replace them to increase performance. Run over to home depot and pick up a pack of "handyman" springs. Make sure the seal is improved, and ram rod a dart
all the way down that barrel. It should get much better. A longer barrel will also help.

#317204 Nining a Recon

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 19 June 2012 - 08:27 PM in Modifications

I bet it gets 75ft at least. I love new internals in crummy blasters and this looks quite nice. Do you have an estimate on its power, maybe something you could compare it to?

#310105 Nerf Stampede "Brass Breech" Mod Guide!

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 25 January 2012 - 06:43 PM in Modifications

Langley Edit: More like Fucking Image Mackro amirite?

With those ranges and rof, I can't even think of anything else that comes close.

I'm just blown away.

#317278 Nerf Red Strike Series

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 21 June 2012 - 09:50 AM in General Nerf

They are quite rare and if it's in good condition I'd keep it just as a display piece. If you wanted to sell it you could get something like $200 for it. Yes it's crazy that toy gun would go for that much, but some nerfers are kinda crazy. Actually, most nerfers are kinda crazy.

#312796 Nerf Barricade - Voltage increase, inbuilt voltmetre, safety removal

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 13 March 2012 - 02:50 PM in Modifications

Thank you for this great write-up. It makes me want to finally go out and pick up a barricade. The picture quality is phenomenal, so clear and bright. I'll will have to take a look at your other stuff.

#319892 Need painting advice!

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 04 August 2012 - 11:16 AM in General Nerf

I'm taking a guess that your acrylic paint is old and had chunks dried in it, thus the bumpy end result. Try some fresh acrylic or if you are willing to spend a little more, hardware stores carry paint markers that have are similar to spray paint quality. These work great for detailing. You could always just spray the spray paint into a cup, or it's cap, and use a brush with that paint to do your details.

#322275 NE wisconsin nerf?

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 07 October 2012 - 10:32 AM in General Nerf

Try to get some locals interested in nerf with stock ammo wars, then build your way up to shooting washers at each other. I bet we could get some people to carpool up from Milwaukee as long as you had others coming as well. You are always welcome at mano wars, and whenever those aren't going down I'll be hosting ddfd wars for those who prefer homemades. Next one should be sometime in November. Thanks again for coming to the last one.

#310300 Mystery 1988 Blaster

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 29 January 2012 - 11:57 AM in General Nerf

Anyone ever seen this beautiful old mama-jama? Cant find a name for it or a picture anywhere on the web. It is labeled Entertech 1988. There's a red flaky buildup in the front cylinder. Looks like it shot some kinda gel or red liquid. Looks like it could be modded to shoot darts, but I don't really want to tear up a toy as old as I am until I'm sure it isn't worth more to someone else.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know how much I miss the manta ray I had as a kid, and If someone loved this babeh the same way I just couldn't bring myself to kill it. On the other hand, the funky internals make meh want to mod it to take foam, maybe pt replacement. Throw some lights in it and go shoot the people that are always falling asleep in the living room at my buddy's house.

Posted Image

#322397 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 09 October 2012 - 07:24 PM in Modifications

I have always used Super Soaker Max D 3000 pumps on my overhauled sspb's with great success. So naturally I wanted to add one to my panther. It fits inside the panthers pump tube.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

OPRV kicks in at 7 pumps and is still hitting as hard as 15 pumps plugged. PM for more pics.

And I know you are sick of panthers, so am I. We really need to start doing better things with them than this.

#325399 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 17 January 2013 - 12:59 AM in Modifications

What a frigin coincidence, look what we just made.

Posted Image
PAS ball shootin attachment. N-Strike stock attachment point with clear raider stock.

Posted Image
Titan-Mav with shotgun rscb.

#328870 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 19 April 2013 - 09:29 AM in Modifications

Got Hummer to model my new Iron Man Super Soaker at MANO 10. Rockin a dual rscb for stock ammo wars. It holds 26 darts and fires four at a time from redline barrels.

Posted Image

I'll throw this on here too. Titan spectre that still needs finishing touches, and added a second rail to my rough cut for better placement of the eight dart holder.

Posted Image

#325085 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 05 January 2013 - 05:02 PM in Modifications

Here are a few of my most recent mods.

The Triad needed something more, a finishing touch if you will. So here are a few pics of the triad sporting a little bit-o-tacticool.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Firestrike with minimization and cosmetics using the scrap shell plastics.
Posted Image

Sharpshooter II re-barreled and plunger tube replaced Expand a Blast (EAB)

Posted Image

Holds a full [k26], delrin plunger rod, aluminum spacers and a bolt for the handle.

Posted Image

In all its glory
Posted Image

Hope you enjoyed

#309607 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 16 January 2012 - 07:45 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

FurFinder

Posted Image

Posted Image
Green Lantern Maverick

#323693 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Funky Mutha Facko on 18 November 2012 - 12:49 PM in Modifications

Been working on the ultimate pistol round weaponry. This is my Tacticool Switch Shot Stack.

Switch Shot + tank expanded SSPB + Recon Light Attachment + Stampede Shield + Jolt + Panther + Recon tactical rail + Barrel Break dart holder + 2x Max D 3000 pumps.

Once primed, all shots can be fired with the hand that is holding the switch shot, freeing up the other hand for another blaster, shield, or melee. I plan on using a manta ray in my other hand.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image