Z-tech Arrows

2 replies to this topic

#1 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:59 AM

So, the Zing Toys bow has grown in popularity. I know of a few nerfers who use them, and regularly in wars.

Has anybody figured out a good alternative to the horrid retail three pack of darts? Who even wants the suction heads, so without that its around $6 an arrow. Surely we can create a homemade arrow for far cheaper.

As anybody here started on this faithful quest? If so, the secrets of your fletcher's trade would bring toy to us all.

If not, spit balled ideas are a welcome sight.

Edited by Duke Wintermaul, 22 May 2013 - 01:59 AM.

#2 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • State:Florida

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

I've briefly considered the idea of homemade arrows for these products. However, I don't think it's a practical possibility simply because of the hooking system. Their foam is a really strong foam and I don't even know how it doesn't break after one shot. To replicate the strength, it would be best to use plastic but that would cause serious pain on impact and wouldn't be safe for a Nerf game.

If you're using two different materials for the head, another for a the shaft, and another for the fins, you have a high material cost and it would take about 30 minutes per arrow to make them yourself. At that point, you're almost better off getting a job at McDonalds and just buying arrows to save money (assuming your time equals money, I know there are some kids on the forums willing to spend 10 hours to save $10)

I'm not trying to shoot down your idea or anything, just stating my thoughts. I would like to see a cheap homemade variant of these arrows.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#3 Funky Mutha Facko

Funky Mutha Facko

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

I've read elsewhere that people have rigged a sling to the bungee cords to launch balled up socks instead of arrows. You may want to try this method to fire stress balls. They should get better range than socks and still be acceptable at nerf wars.
HARDCORE NERF!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users