Photo

Yet Another Wye Iteration

Showing off the final (I hope) design, and discussing the future.

14 replies to this topic

#1 Kronos Nerf Mods

Kronos Nerf Mods

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

Hey guys.
So as some of you may know, there was a week where all of the wyes I shipped out to people broke. I will be shipping out replacements in the next few days, and I thank you all for your patience.
After the breakages, I went back and made some major design changes.
They will be for sale later this month and the price is now $6.50 as it now requires more plastic to print. (details below)

Posted Image

These are the latest I have printed, and they feature:
1. Thicker walls than the original design.
2. End-stops in all three of the 1/2" pvc coupler areas.
3. The URL to my webstore imbedded into the side.

Also if you orient two wyes like in the picture and plug the hole in the top one, you get a chopper.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnYO3WgTSGQ

Plans for distribution:
The Wye design will be available for download in the 3D designs directory:
3D Designs Directory

I will also be selling them for $6.50 on my webstore later this month. (I will update this thread when I am actually ready to sell. And probably start a sales thread)
Kronos3D.com

I have also talked to some people about having a distributer network. Basic concept is that for every area of the country where there is interest, I will have someone who essentially takes orders, and then sends the order to me, and I ship them a crate of wyes and the other stuff I am planning on making. Then they distribute them to the people in their area who ordered them. The potential benefit of this would be a bulk discount as I would be saving a lot on shipping to one person as opposed to say 20.

Also my next project that I was going to work on was my hot glue dome moulds, but if you guys have something that you think would be beneficial to the community for me to make leave a reply.

Thank you guys so much for your feedback, and criticism over the design process. I really appreciate it.
Kronos
Wyes may take a while...:

My Youtube Channel

#2 ShaNayNay

ShaNayNay

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:29 PM

This sounds great, I may be interested in a bulk order, shoot me a PM when you are ready.

New Jersey is fuckin weird

#3 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

They look good, but I'd wait and see how these fare in a war first.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#4 Kronos Nerf Mods

Kronos Nerf Mods

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

This sounds great, I may be interested in a bulk order, shoot me a PM when you are ready.

Sounds good.

They look good, but I'd wait and see how these fare in a war first.

One of the older versions was at DDFD3, and apparently it performed well there. I also took one to a small local war and the only issues I found were probably due to the crappy snapbow I was using.
I do want to see how the updated version fares though, and I might be able to swing by for a round or to at the pre-apoc war on a roadtrip, but nothing is definite.

Edited by Kronos Nerf Mods, 18 July 2013 - 07:30 AM.

My Youtube Channel

#5 Funky Mutha Facko

Funky Mutha Facko

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:51 AM

The individual price is a bit high for a wye. Do you have colors other than white available? If I order in bulk can I have you print custom writing on the other side?

That one that was at ddfd had it's barrel broken off while attached to a blaster and the wye took the hit with no problems.

Edited by Funky Mutha Facko, 18 July 2013 - 07:54 AM.

HARDCORE NERF!

#6 Kronos Nerf Mods

Kronos Nerf Mods

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:40 AM

The individual price is a bit high for a wye. Do you have colors other than white available? If I order in bulk can I have you print custom writing on the other side?

That one that was at ddfd had it's barrel broken off while attached to a blaster and the wye took the hit with no problems.

At the moment I don't have other colors. When I gear up for actual sale, I will buy a couple rolls of filament in different colors. I should be able to do custom writing on the other side if the bulk order is big enough.

Glad to hear the wye survived. Again, I think it was the one week where my printer wasn't working too great. The rest were okay.

My Youtube Channel

#7 orangeparkour

orangeparkour

Mostly Harmless Darts

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

Yeah, I was loving it at ddfd. I then Dropped/threw the blaster on the ground and broke the polycarbonate barrel, but the wye totally survived and is still working. Also during lunch at the war, I put a new barrel on, and I used it for the rest of the day with no issues.
I hung out with Ice Nine once, and he thought I was pretty cool.
How to make Silicone Domes

#8 azrael

azrael

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

Any idea when you'll have more wyes in stock?

EDIT: Woops, thought this was in the sales forum. My bad.

Edited by azrael, 23 August 2013 - 10:38 AM.

Better Nerf By Science!
http://nerfscience.blogspot.com/

#9 Kronos Nerf Mods

Kronos Nerf Mods

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:18 PM

I actually have to make another design change. 3D printed stuff is so weak if not printed perfectly. I am going to also look into injection moulding, so it may be a while.

My Youtube Channel

#10 azrael

azrael

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

Right, I'm familiar with the process, I have one for prototyping at work.
Do you have any support material on these?
Better Nerf By Science!

#11 Kronos Nerf Mods

Kronos Nerf Mods

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

Right, I'm familiar with the process, I have one for prototyping at work.
Do you have any support material on these?

I do not. My printer can print at small angles, so it has never needed support.

My Youtube Channel

#12 azrael

azrael

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

I always wondered how you got the insides so clean.

What printer are you using?
Better Nerf By Science!

#13 Kronos Nerf Mods

Kronos Nerf Mods

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

I always wondered how you got the insides so clean.

What printer are you using?

Prusa Mendel, heavily modified.

Also to avoid a double post, here are what the new wyes look like. I think they look a bit like boots.

Posted Image

I basically increased the length of the clip area, made the outer wall thicker so that the two tubes
formed a solid triangle shape, and I added holes that are about 7/64"that one could tap into.

Posted Image

When these get the RyanMcnumbers and Kane seal of approval, and after I have looked into injection moulding, I will most likely begin a pre-order, details to come.

My Youtube Channel

#14 Joe Espinoza

Joe Espinoza

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

I really like the old wyes you sent me a couple months ago. When I use my last one I will have to buy some more (;
and good luck to you man!
The Road Underfoot Is Certian To Become The Road Behind.

#15 Apollo441

Apollo441

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:25 AM

How do these wyes go with full length darts?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users