Latest Discussion Topics
PCSR and 3D printed homemade parts? Aeromech, thoughts?
Safety2nd - May 20 2016 01:41 AM
Articles and News
GET HYPE FOR NERF WARS
It's spring, so hopefully the thaw has found you and opened your fields for competition. This summer we will see the next installments of Armageddon and Apocalypse, the longest-running and second-longest-running Nerf wars in the community. Can you believe that Armageddon is turning 17 this year? Insane.
(Photos courtesy of Zorn's Lemma.)
If you would like your war featured, please make sure to post in the 2016 Nerf War Schedule thread.
Read More ›
During the last week of downtime, we've upgraded the forum software and implemented a number of new features on the site. Here are some of the changes:
- Image Uploading - You can now upload images directly to NerfHaven, without having to deal with Imgur or Photobucket (limited to specific subforums). The option to attach files is available under the text box when posting.
- Visual Text Editor - When editing your posts, you can now see the formatting in the editor. The editor will also autosave your post. If you would prefer to edit your posts the old way, and see the BBCode forum tags, you can click on the switch icon in the upper left corner of the editor.
- Notifications - Logged in users now have a notifications icon, similar to the notifications area on facebook. You can configure your notifications options to automatically notify you when someone replies to your threads, quote your posts etc. This can be configured separately from email notifications.
- IRC Chat - Logged in users will see a 'Chat Room' tab added to the top of every page. Keep an eye out for other new tabs which will be added in the coming weeks.
- New Profile Fields - You can now specify your Reddit Username and Youtube Channel in your profile. This info will be displayed next to your posts in the near future.
- The View New Content link (top right of every page) now works as expected, and includes more options. 'Content I have not read' and 'New since my last visit' are recommended if you don't want to miss any new posts.
- Tagging - Threads can now be tagged. Eventually tagging will be used to automatically maintain the directory threads, map nerf wars by state and region, and generally organize the site in a way that we could not achieve with subforum categories. We will be setting up guidelines for tagging in the near future, but for now just try to be as descriptive as you can.
- Warning System - Warning bars are gone, and warning 'points' automatically expire after a set period of time. Instead of receiving a PM and/or email when you are warned, you will now be required to aknowledge the warning before you are allowed to post again.
These are just the first few features that have been set up during the downtime over the last week. There are many more coming that we will roll out over the coming weeks.
If you have any technical issues, or any questions about the new features, this thread is the place to post them.
Read More ›
We're hosting a contest to find the best how-to guide for modifying the current line of Nerf, Boomco, and Buzzbee blasters. In order to promote the modification of foam dart blasters and encourage our members to share information with new nerfers, we'll be awarding prizes to the best overall writeup, the best flywheel blaster writeup, and the best spring-powered blaster writeup.
Read More ›