Too Cool to be Left in Old School: Modernized ESLT Project

4 replies to this topic

#1 Silly

Silly

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 26 August 2023 - 11:27 PM

POPULAR

Hey everyone, long time no see. NH feels like the perfect place to share this new project of mine:

Modern ESLT 1 v24 2 - Copy (2).png

Modern ESLT 1 v24 2 - Copy - Copy.png

This is going to be my attempt at making a "modernized" version of the ESLT mechanism. 

For those who (somehow) don't know about the ESLT, here's the most recent thread about the blaster: http://nerfhaven.com...6-instructions/

My "modernization" of the design aims to keep the same aesthetic and roots as the original, while improving on durability, printability, sourcing of parts, and bringing in a bunch of modern quality-of-life features. A lot of stuff has been learnt (collectively by the community) in the more than 10 years since the original ESLT.

Currently planned or implemented features/improvements:

• Updated more modern hardware standards that are easier to source from modern hobby shops (OutOfDarts, SilverFoxIndustries, etc)
  • More durable printed parts
  • Better printability
  • Better air seal
  • Ability to swap between Talon mag feeding or Hopper feeding
  • Quick barrel swapping and better barrel retention
  • More comfortable stock and grip
  • More reliable catch mechanism
  • Lighter trigger pull
  • Improved pump grip, and several pump grip options to choose from (Picatinny rail, original style, modernized angled grip)
  • Easier swapping between extension spring and latex/elastic setups (also possibly compatibility with "normal" compression springs such as [k25] or 788)
  • Sturdier overall build quality
  • Lighter
  • Adjustable stock / length of pull
  • etc etc etc

These changes should be relatively easy to pull off with modern techniques, while still keeping the original soul of the design, both aesthetically and mechanically. 

I don't plan to update this thread as often as I do on Reddit/YouTube/Discord, but expect an update every few months or so until the design is finished.

-Sillybutts

Co-Owner of the History of Nerf Modding research project, moderator of r/Nerf, owner of BlasterWiki, maker of 3d printed blasters (GitHub/Thingi) and Nerfy art.

#2 skullface44

skullface44

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 September 2023 - 03:01 PM

I saw this when it first came out. I don't think the files ever went public though. I haven't seen them anyways.  Its nice to see the project re visited

Edit: I found the files on thingiverse 

https://www.thingive...m/thing:4206149

Edited by skullface44, 08 September 2023 - 10:57 PM.

#3 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 31 October 2023 - 01:28 PM

I'm always glad to see the ESLT revisited. I've used mine as a loaner blaster at wars for more than a decade, and it's probably time for a tune-up.

Ability to swap between Talon mag feeding or Hopper feeding

I'm hoping you can get this working. Kane's mag implementation works well enough, but it's not the smoothest to swap back to hopper. Most nerfers seem to be more comfortable with box mags, but I NEED my hopper :)

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 31 October 2023 - 01:28 PM.

#4 Silly

Silly

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 November 2023 - 09:35 PM

So, this project is going well. 

Co-Owner of the History of Nerf Modding research project, moderator of r/Nerf, owner of BlasterWiki, maker of 3d printed blasters (GitHub/Thingi) and Nerfy art.

#5 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 20 November 2023 - 02:37 PM

Nice, glad to see it's still alive.

I guess the way to fix that rubbing is to get the layer lines orthogonal to each other?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users