MattPaintballer's Content

There have been 333 items by MattPaintballer (Search limited from 16-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#64014 Zero/unknown Breech

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 September 2005 - 05:57 PM in Homemades

I was just looking at the Zero Breech thing under Homemades here on the Haven, and I started thinking. With that breech, you pull the 1/2" barrel out a bit, drop a dart in, and push the barrel back in. Well since PVC isn't extremely thing like brass or PETG, wouldn't the dart have a bit of trouble getting into the 1/2"?

So I was wondering if this would work: Do the same thing, but cut a hole in the 1/2" PVC too. Line up the holes and drop a dart in, then twist the 1/2" PVC. Would this work better or worse than the Zero breech, or not at all?

#64112 Zero/unknown Breech

Posted by MattPaintballer on 22 September 2005 - 05:44 PM in Homemades

Alright thanks.

Would my idea work though?

#53304 Your Ride?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 23 April 2005 - 11:43 PM in Off Topic

1. Rollerblade TRS Access, trying to get new wheels (preferrably Cozmos)

2. Haro bike, green and can't remember the model name

3. JD Razor, green handle grips and wheels

4. NSS shoes

If I ever get a car, I'm getting a Toyota Prius. I'm sorry but $2.57 per gallon is just WAY too much, but 70 miles per gallon should keep the costs down.

#53498 Your Ride?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 25 April 2005 - 07:08 PM in Off Topic

In coherence with this topic:
Bush is meeting with a Saudi prince (you'd be suprised that the Saudi's are the richest people in the world) to try to lower gas prices.

What has our country come to? Complete deceit, that's what. You can't listen to everything you hear on the news, you have to find out what they are saying and then get another opinion. Then you can form your own opinion and that's when you realize things. The only way we can lower gas prices is if we raise taxes. You know how Bush has been lowering taxes and then sending you checks? It's bull. Complete bull. It makes you think you're getting more money but you're not. You end up paying more than you would with higher taxes because the lower taxes are causing extreme side effects.

And cars, well the only way I would ever modify my car is to run on something other than gas. That would be the shiznat. When I get a car, I'm gonna buy some bumper stickers for it. I like bumper stickers. I like reading them. Does anybody know if it's possible to make your own bumper stickers? That would be awesome, because I've seen many that I would like but I've never seen bumper stickers for sale anywhere.

#53376 Your Ride?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 24 April 2005 - 05:38 PM in Off Topic

I have a ghetto car for now.

A red 88'  Ford Crown Victoria LX edition.

Aren't Crown Victorias used for police cruisers sometimes? I didn't think they were available to the public :D.

Edit: Oh, and Jakethesnake, Bushy is "hooked up." He knows some people in the oil business and they are helping each other (and lying to our country) and that's why the gas prices are so high. It's extremely deceitful, and I'm EXTREMELY ashamed that guy was elected in the first place, and even more ashamed he was re-elected.

Edit2:

Julie drives an '05 Prius completely loaded with bluetooth

Pardon the stupidity, but what's bluetooth?

#51267 Your Pope Died.

Posted by MattPaintballer on 01 April 2005 - 02:32 PM in Off Topic

so she could play the golden psp to save heaven.

Hahaha, that episode was great.

"Basically, Kenny, you are Keanu Reeves."

And then the episode before that...

"My god our parents are so stupid, so stupid..."

And not to forget the wall :).

#57914 Your Combo

Posted by MattPaintballer on 21 June 2005 - 11:57 PM in General Nerf

I've come a long way since then:
Now I use -
3 strung machine guns (2 WF, 1 RF20)
1 Duffel Bag
5 or more pistols in duffel
As much ammo as I can find/have made

Do you live in a bunker or something? Or are you handicapped? Cause I don't know how you move with all that stuff.

Baghead, ompa, SS1's ALL THE WAY!!!

Too bad my stupid friend threw his pair of SS1s over the wall into his neighbor's yard... bastard...

#55592 You'll All Find This Quite Interesting

Posted by MattPaintballer on 24 May 2005 - 10:36 PM in General Nerf

So here's my glass raised to the Stock Class Paintball forums, for not being a-holes!

Trust me, it's ONLY stock class. I would expect that they would appreciate Nerf, since Nerf is a lot like stock class. But it's nothing like speedball, and 99% of all tourney players are a-holes. Most woodsballers are pretty nice, but stock class moreso, but I know a lot of woodsballers play stock too.

#54895 Yard Sales?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 May 2005 - 12:07 AM in General Nerf

The local Boy Scout Troop just had a rummage sale today, and there was NOTHING. It was all crap.

One time, my friend got two kinda trashy Secret Shot 1s at a garage sale for like $3. That's about it though.

#52925 Xbows?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 19 April 2005 - 07:54 PM in General Nerf

Barrel mod is pretty easy, and mine is modded to shoot mega stefans, but if you put some brass in the PVC it would instantly shoot minis.

I expected better from such a respectable person as you! The correct terminology is "micros."

The Crossbow shoots megas and arrows. Here are some dart barrel materials:

What kinds of barrels fit arrows?
AT2K/SM1500 Pump Tubes

What kinds of barrels fit mega Stefans?
SCH 40 PVC 1/2"
AT2K/SM1500 Pump Tubes

What kinds of barrels fit Micro Stefans?
1/2" SCH 80 PVC
9/16" or 17/32" K&S Brass
1/2" CPVC
9/16" PETG

What kinds of barrels fit Nano Stefans?
7/16" K&S Brass
3/8 PEX Pipe

#42672 X-bow Painting

Posted by MattPaintballer on 27 November 2004 - 04:36 PM in Modifications

Who cares what color it is? Just get the correct-fitting, white PVC pipe and paint it any color you want!

#45248 Wtf

Posted by MattPaintballer on 31 December 2004 - 10:45 PM in Modifications

Does anybody know how DANGEROUS it is to use a paintball marker to shoot projectiles other than paintballs? Paintball markers fire paintballs at about 300 feet per second, which turns out to be 204.54545454545454545454545454545454545454545454545454545454545454545454545454545454 (you get the point) miles per hour. That is why we use paintball-specific masks; they protect our eyes from these sort of projectiles. You can only imagine how fast a paintball marker would project a Nerf dart.

Speaking of paintball/dart speed, has anybody ever chronographed a stock gun, and then chronographed a modded version of that gun? For example, shoot a stock X-bow over the chrono and record its speed, then shoot a highly modified one over the chrono and record its speed. If only I had a chrono and an X-Bow...

Arcanis, ALWAYS glue your weights in. Do you know how dangerous it is if your weight comes out upon impact?

#42844 Worth It?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 28 November 2004 - 10:53 PM in Modifications

You could take a spare NF and use a NF plunger... they're only 6 bucks...

#54483 Windows Rg

Posted by MattPaintballer on 09 May 2005 - 12:27 PM in Off Topic

Dude that is sooooo funny.

MILK! SPONGE!

#62276 Wildfire Predetor Style

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 August 2005 - 09:36 AM in Modifications

Ehh AVP the movie was okay. The game is hella badass though.

And if you got this to work, that would be even more hella badass!

It sounds hard to do though. You'll probably end up having leaks so you should use vinyl and a lot of plumber's goop to try and prevent that. Also, how are you going to attach the Wildfire(s)? I think pinhead's idea was good - putting it on a shoulder pad.

This reminds me of something.

Posted Image

Good luck with your schweet idea.

#47463 Why Nerf Is The Ulitimate Sport

Posted by MattPaintballer on 17 February 2005 - 11:44 PM in General Nerf

WebbZter Nerfs, if that counts. And quit being an ***, Evil. Nerf is a sport, paintball is a sport, and airsoft is a sport, whether you like it or not.

#43278 Who Would Buy Colored Backer Rod?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 03 December 2004 - 08:11 PM in General Nerf

You mean it's not a sticky?!?!? Oh crap... Sorry!

#43270 Who Would Buy Colored Backer Rod?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 03 December 2004 - 07:41 PM in General Nerf

I'd pay <$0.20 per foot because I get 30' of gray FBR for 13 cents/foot. I also know where to get white FBR :nugget:

#54800 Where To Buy Lanard Products

Posted by MattPaintballer on 13 May 2005 - 03:49 PM in General Nerf

Hmm I didn't notice that. I'll e-mail them.

#54772 Where To Buy Lanard Products

Posted by MattPaintballer on 12 May 2005 - 09:58 PM in General Nerf

No but they responded to my e-mail with a very kind reply and answered all of my questions. I would buy from them, they don't seem shady at all.

Edit: Prices

XE is your friend in currency conversions

1 Max Shot is $16.4770 (~$16.50)

And yes they ship internationally.

Edit2: No they only ship to Europe, US, and Canada.

#54757 Where To Buy Lanard Products

Posted by MattPaintballer on 12 May 2005 - 08:32 PM in General Nerf

I just found out a place to buy Lanard products - all of the X-Stream Air guns, AND AMMUNITION! That's right, ammunition - everything from balls to discs to Max Shot bombs and Blast Bazooka Missiles!

Posted Image

Posted Image]

Order Form (Has guns and other stuff, no ammo)

I've never seen a Big Salvo or Blast Bazooka in those colors.

Also, they now seem to have a SSPB knock-off and a Gyro Strike knock-off. Interesting.

#52248 Where Can I Get Brass?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 11 April 2005 - 04:45 PM in General Nerf

You can also get it online. The first two options for 9/16 are the same thing but different lengths. Don't order the third option, it's extremely heavy compared to the other brass. There is no third option for 17/32 so don't worry about that, they are the same thing just different lengths.

18/32 (9/16) Brass Online
17/32 Brass Online

#45187 Whats Your Favorite Line Of Nerf Guns?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 30 December 2004 - 11:40 PM in General Nerf

SuperMaxx got my vote. N-Strike and SuperMaxx are my favorite lines, but SM was freakin' awesome. I am kind of suprprised that Airtech got as many votes as N-Strike (5), because I was highly dissapointed in that line. I never liked the Airtech guns. N-Strike and SuperMaxx are both great Nerf gun lines.

but like NinjZ said in another post thread, 4-6 shots @ 70-80 feet are better than one shot @ 100 feet. And the 25'? That's when we rush the guy with the one shot cannon while he reloads.

That is one of my favorite things to do in Nerf. Especially when you surprise 'em.

Umm, I've got a question. What would the Tech Target and the old Nite Finder be categorized in?

#64206 What Would Be The Best Sniping Weapon?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 23 September 2005 - 06:15 PM in General Nerf

If you dual weild them then it's no longer a single shot. Is it not?

If I carry around seven PVC'd Crossbows - two in each hand, one on a strap on my back, and two in my pockets - does that make them fully automatic?

So to answer your question: No, it is not. It is still single shot.

Edit: Typo

#64208 What Would Be The Best Sniping Weapon?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 23 September 2005 - 06:17 PM in General Nerf

But you can get off two shots very quickly which in essence is like having a double shot gun that you hold with both of your hands.

Key words being "in essence"

#63408 What Would Be The Best Sniping Weapon?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 09 September 2005 - 10:50 PM in General Nerf

es the Koosh things get pretty good range and amazing accuracy, but they're not good for so-called "losing." See if your Tornado gets 80 feet flat accurately (I have no idea what ranges they get, I've just heard good about them) and you try to hit me from 70 feet, I'm just going to step to the side a couple feet and rush you. Those things take forever to load, especially because of the slider thing. If you take that off it gets faster, but its still a bit slow RoF.

Edit: SG Pilot, LBB's work better with darts because of size and aerodynamics and stuff.

#63436 What Would Be The Best Sniping Weapon?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 10 September 2005 - 04:52 PM in General Nerf

LBB's work better with darts because of size and aerodynamics and stuff.

So ultimately, it's more practical to use stefans than to use arrows/missles?

Your kidding right? Darts are smaller, more accurate, cheaper, get better range, and have much higher velocities then arrows. Common sense man.

Yeah but for indoor/unmodded/air-restrictor-removal-only wars, the Blast Bazooka missiles and Max Shot bombs are a lot of fun, and pretty practical too. They bounce really well which is useful and hella cool. If you know how to use them, you can win wars with them.

#63872 What Other Sports Do You Do

Posted by MattPaintballer on 18 September 2005 - 08:07 PM in Off Topic

Baseball:shortstop.

Haha, the short kid plays shortstop. I hate baseball but whatever floats your boat, even if it is steroids I guess...

I'd like to play lacrosse, it sounds cool, as does skateboarding. I inline skate and play soccer (forward and midfield). I like to ski too.

#47456 What Is The Difference Of These Guns?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 17 February 2005 - 10:35 PM in General Nerf

not really, the Larami was a tidbit more powerful. Larami was then acquired, and the gun was re-released as the nerf SM3K.

actually, I think that's the most re-released gun of all. let's see,

Larami 2500
Supermaxx 3000 Yellow, Green, And Blue.
This "Sharper image" knockoff
oh, and the AT3K&4K seem to be based on the SM3k.

that's 7 rereleases/reincarnations

It's weird that you say that, because I think that too. It seems to me like the SM3K is like the AT3K and AT4K combined. 3K has 6 barrels, 4K has 12, and the SM has 8. The SM is about the size of the 4K, takes about as many pumps to prime as a 3K, and they get somewhat similar ranges. Also, the pumps and pump handles seem to have problems and are poorly designed.

#47427 What Is The Difference Of These Guns?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 17 February 2005 - 06:06 PM in General Nerf

15 feet unmodded maximum. I haven't wasted my time modding them, but I might sometime... I just really don't like them because they are so big and so fragile.

#47425 What Is The Difference Of These Guns?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 17 February 2005 - 06:04 PM in General Nerf

Actually, from what I've heard, yellow (Larami 2500) is better than blue, (Nerf's latest knock-off) and blue is better than green (Nerf's original knock-off).

I have two blue versions, and on one of them the pump handle broke off. I barely use it. In fact, I only use it when all my friends are borrowing my other guns, which is never because I like my NF better.

#47430 What Is The Difference Of These Guns?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 17 February 2005 - 06:28 PM in General Nerf

Larami 2500 and SM3K yellow were the same thing I thought?

Anyways, about my previous post: flat ranges, stock darts, unmodded, blue version.

Edit: Tinkerer, your sig cracked me up. I would say it made my day, but I said that to Uriel a couple minutes ago :huh:.

#48711 What Guns Do You Take Into A War?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 04 March 2005 - 10:32 PM in General Nerf

SuperMAXX 1500. 'Nuff said

Well, not really. I need an SM750 so I can integrate it onto the 1500. Man, that fake airtank is so big. I bet I could fit like 5 SM750's in it!

#48709 What Does The Word Nerf Mean?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 04 March 2005 - 10:23 PM in General Nerf

Nerf is another word for foam. This started I think when the company made those indoor pocket footballs? For example, "Hey, look at that nerf pillow!" Also, nerf is a slang-ish verb that means to diminish, make worse, or lower value. "Dude, why did Blizzard nerf the damage on the Marine? Now it's useless to get them!" Nerf Herder, a compound word including Nerf, is a noun referring to some dumbass who thinks he is a musician. In this context, the word 'nerf' should not be capitalized because that dork is giving us REAL Nerfers a bad name.

#53953 What Colors Does Fbr Come In?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 01 May 2005 - 03:58 PM in General Nerf

Now I'm a BIG fan of nite wars outside, and we have serious trouble finding the darts. Would the darts still work if I sprayed with a little glow-in-the-dark spray paint? If not, what would go wrong?

Formerly Sane says it doesn't work. But you can use glow-in-the-dark hot glue for your tips, that's what I do. (and it's only $6 a pound!)

http://www.aloghomestore.com sells black and white FBR in 50' rolls.

#54030 What Colors Does Fbr Come In?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 02 May 2005 - 05:11 PM in General Nerf

Or, you could go around with a light to look for your darts. Or maybe a black light.

We tried lights but black some what blends in with the dark green grass, would black light make the darts glow?

Yup. And you can order glow-in-the-dark, among a crapload of other colors, hot glue for just $6.00 a pound here.

#53982 What Colors Does Fbr Come In?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 01 May 2005 - 06:58 PM in General Nerf

However, Langley came up with a pretty good idea and dipped the back of his darts in orange paint. First off, orange isn't the best color. Hot pink however stands out like brothel in Utah. Even yellow wasn't all that successful. Personally, if I were to do it, I'd use pink.

That's cool. It's like the opposite of camouflage. I should try that - only I'll paint it green since there aren't many alive plants here.

The glow in the dark stuff would work for a while, but remember that the paint needs to be charged and after a while will not glow.  Possible fix for this would be to keep the darts you're not using during the particular round you're playing inside under a desk lamp.  Make sure you do a dart run after the round and then switch them out with some darts from you're lamp.

Or, you could go around with a light to look for your darts. Or maybe a black light.

#51739 What About The Pc?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 06 April 2005 - 04:42 PM in Modifications

Inner tubing is better than banding or cutting.

How do you "inner tube" it? And could you "inner tube" it and band it, so as to achieve even better results?

#53200 Warhammer 40k

Posted by MattPaintballer on 22 April 2005 - 04:53 PM in Off Topic

My brother and I sometimes play. My brother is more into it though. I like painting the models the most. I would rather paint, take pictures, then re-paint, take pics, etc. than have a war. But I think that's because the people I play with always take soooo long.

Fantasy:
Orcs and Gobbos - Me
Lizardmen - My brother

40K:
Space Marines - Me
Tau - My brother

I'm not really that serious into it. But I really like painting so this is the perfect way to hone my skills and have fun painting.

#53218 Warhammer 40k

Posted by MattPaintballer on 22 April 2005 - 06:40 PM in Off Topic

Well, it depends. I sucked when I first started painting them. I mean I REALLY sucked. But after, I don't know, two, three weeks, I was pretty good. My hand is a lot steadier now, and I go as much in detail as I can. I guess once you get the hang of it, and master the different techniques like drybrushing and inking, it's not that hard. The paintbrush has become like an extension of my fingers now. Here's a tip, if you ever mess up, clean it off with a Q-tip so you don't have to start over. (I know some players who, before I told them this, would actually start all over again if they messed up)