17 replies to this topic

#1 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 11:29 PM

Ok so here's my idea:

Posted Image

I was watching Alien vs. Predetor which is not that great a movie but i still bought it nonetheless. Anyways, I was studying the predetor's weapons cause I'm a geek and I so happen to have a wildfire in front of me. The predetors' weapons were shoulder mounted which is convient cause it allows open hands. That's when the idea came.
I thought of sawing the main part (blue outlining) off and attaching it to a shoulder platform.
Then, I'd cut all the tubing and replace it with some latex tubing from a hardware store.
Next, I'd strap the bladder (red outlining) to my back or something with some tape (still undergoing refining).
Finally, I'll make a holster for the pump and trigger (yellow outlining) and slip is in there.
While it's not something you can fire on command, is't still good to carry around another primary without using another valuable hand.
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#2 Davis

Davis

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 11:45 PM

Woah, dude, with some vinyl tubing to the bladder and the pump and trigger strapped to your arm, this is very possible.

And for the record, I liked AVP. :lol:
QUOTE ("Devious")
2. Laugh like a maniac as you pummel them with your balls.

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,820 posts
  • State:Arizona

Posted 20 August 2005 - 12:18 AM

I thought AVP sucked ass...

Anyway, it's a really good idea. I like it; it might be a little bulky to have the thing all over you, but if you wanted to be a one-man army, it's a great itdea. Plus I've always wanted to have a gun on my head so I could shoot wherever I looked, so with a little um...mod to your mod I could put the platform thing for the turreted part of the gun on my head. It's a brilliant idea and it could easily work with some vinyl or other tubing.

Nice job, tell us if you end up doing it - I'd like to see this bad boy in action.
SexD Warves

#4 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • State:Georgia

Posted 20 August 2005 - 12:24 AM

You should mount the whole thing to a cheap pair of football shoulderpads. You could paint the whole thing to look like cool armor. You could even try to rig up the trigger to somewhere on your chest, so you don't even have to let go of your primary to fire it.

Sweet idea.

#5 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 02:33 AM

AVP was awesome. Sounds like a cool idea. I was always thinking of having like dual primary gun mounted to both shoulders and like tech targets mounted to forearms using straps. With like a titan on a strap to go on your back. while holding two rapid fires. Also if you could have like a trench coat with 3 gun holders on each side like the maverick,nitefinder,and the lock n load. (like in Boondock saints) and maybe even one mounted to a helmet. The man would like like an ultimate war machine. He would also be feared in any nerf war.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#6 rylundo

rylundo

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 08:50 AM

Forsaken angel while that is really cool it is unbelievably impractical. Can you imagine trying to run with all that or how much clinking that would make. He would have to sit in a swively chair just to turn around.

Pinhead on the other hand thought his post through or atleast said somthing that is feasible that could be done. Think about it two wildfire mounted on the shoulders of cheap football shoulder pads. That would be killer. Litteraly it would be killer.

rylundo the feasible impracticator.

Edited by rylundo, 20 August 2005 - 08:54 AM.

I am hungry enough to eat a cow.....no not really just a full sized baby.

quote from chessler
Rylundo, you get the cookie anyway.

Thats right bitchs I got a cookie.

#7 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • Location:Where the slots are plentiful, and the yards are small

Posted 20 August 2005 - 09:36 AM

Ehh AVP the movie was okay. The game is hella badass though.

And if you got this to work, that would be even more hella badass!

It sounds hard to do though. You'll probably end up having leaks so you should use vinyl and a lot of plumber's goop to try and prevent that. Also, how are you going to attach the Wildfire(s)? I think pinhead's idea was good - putting it on a shoulder pad.

This reminds me of something.

Posted Image

Good luck with your schweet idea.
"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#8 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 01:54 PM

That is a really cool idea. If you get it to work, I will be greatly impressed. Accuracy won't be that good, but you'll be able to carry another primary, so it shouldn't be much of a problem. I like pinhead's shoulder pad idea. It's the Perceptor idea, only with a shoulder and 19 more shots. Post something when you complete it.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#9 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 08:28 PM

you might want to try a semi-auto AT2K idea. Better for the space you are given and allows for a good accurate shot.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#10 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 11:15 PM

you might want to try a semi-auto AT2K idea. Better for the space you are given and allows for a good accurate shot.

Yes indeed it would be a more accurrate shot, but it's gonna be one hell of a time trying to reload the damn thing.
-or-

#11 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 11:31 PM

Yes indeed it would be a more accurrate shot, but it's gonna be one hell of a time trying to reload the damn thing.

It would be more accurate, but who's a sharpshooter with their shoulder? I like the machine gun concept since you could fan the area out on the run. It's a bit more practical in a war. You wouldn't need accuracy there. Either way it's going to be a bitch to load.
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#12 Davis

Davis

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 12:24 AM

Posted Image
Easiest scenario based on the insides of the gun.
QUOTE ("Devious")
2. Laugh like a maniac as you pummel them with your balls.

#13 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 07:41 PM

You would have to have a substantial part of the shell still intect and with the turret, to hold the turret still so that the piston could move and do it's auto-rotating thing on the turret.

Otherwise, it's, um...interesting. I'd be curious to see it it'd work (I do like the football pads part) but I'm skeptical as to how well it'd really work. it think (personally that it'd just be a royal PITA and get in the way.

Edited by Falcon, 21 August 2005 - 07:41 PM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilývatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#14 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 02:35 PM

If you had a wildfire or rf20, then you would know that I kept the piece that holds the turret in and the piece that holds the plunger (which is connected to the rotator) intact, so theoretically it should work. My brother messed up my wildfire so I have to wait to get a new one to finish my idea.
-or-

#15 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 02:10 PM

I also sujeste that since it would be 15 pounds on your shoulder, to use something a little smaller. Unless you have 2, one on each shoulder, then your weight would make you feel funny by the end of the day when you take it off. On top of that, you think reloading a '2K from your shoulder is hard? Try reloading that! You might want to try the SS2 also. Maybe make a flip out sight with the second shot. I think it would work better since the valve is easier to pull. Plus, it just looks so damn cool when mounted on something.

Edited by LastManAlive, 24 August 2005 - 03:10 PM.

#16 PissBacon

PissBacon

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 08:13 PM

I also sujeste that since it would be 15 pounds on your shoulder, to use something a little smaller.

Hehe. Sorry, I had to laugh at this. Nerf guns are very very light. A fully loaded m4 weighs less than 10 lbs for comparison. I'm diggin' this idea though; I've got a couple spare wildfires laying around, but I'm not going to spend money on football gear, especially since I'd never use it otherwise and I wouldn't want to be seen wearing it. Maybe more of a paintball mask style thing with pressure tanks on the back.. hmm..

EDIT: By the way, in any design you have to be certain the whole thing will stay on your body snugly, or you will not be mobile at all. This means that the football gear idea isn't so bad (even though I won't use it) since with some duct tape, or dremel and bolting handiwork it would definitely keep the whole thing on the wearer (it would get pretty uncomfortable on a nice sunny day though; football players surely know this).

Edited by PissBacon, 24 August 2005 - 08:19 PM.

#17 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 03:01 PM

My point was, that you would need something to hold the rf20 or wildfire on your shoulder. And at that, you would need metal or a heavy supply of duct tape leaving it either flimsy, or heavy. And for the internals, you would just be better off basically making a perceptor. I am not against this idea, but I am against the gun that is to be used. I'll do it though, with a pistol. I thin kthe predator gun was actually semi-auto too.

#18 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 07:54 PM

The predetor gun is semi-auto and it has an extreme low ROF.I want to improve on that in any way I can (minus the range).
-or-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users