What Is The Difference Of These Guns?

sm 3000

17 replies to this topic

#1 kingofnerf

kingofnerf

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 05:58 PM

What are the differences between the 3 different versions of sm 3000s? (yellow version, green version, and blue version)
What distances do they get unmodded and modded?
How accurate are they?

If you need pic they are all on nerfcenter.com

Edited by kingofnerf, 17 February 2005 - 06:04 PM.

My current guns: Chain Blazer, Coral Viper, Double Crossbow, Manta Ray, NB-1 Missle Blaster(2), Powerclip (2) 3 clips, Rattler, Razor Fin, Secret Shot 2 (2), Sm 750, Sm 1500 (2), Triple Strike, Wrist Blitzer, Titan, sm 3000 (yellow), secret shot 1 (2)

#2 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 06:01 PM

I believe the latest version, the blue version, has some pump handle problems, more specifically, the feeling that the actual pump shaft is going to snap whenever you pump it. The blue version also has the worst stock range out of the 3, but once modded, all should get nearly the same distance. Although I've heard rumors that the first version, the 2500, gets better distance.

I'm not sure of ranges, but if you want a ballpark range, I'd say anywhere from 60'-80'. Yes, it's vague, but I know someone will post with more accurate ranges.

Accuracy really depends on your darts, and how straight your barrel is.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 17 February 2005 - 06:01 PM.

#3 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 06:04 PM

Actually, from what I've heard, yellow (Larami 2500) is better than blue, (Nerf's latest knock-off) and blue is better than green (Nerf's original knock-off).

I have two blue versions, and on one of them the pump handle broke off. I barely use it. In fact, I only use it when all my friends are borrowing my other guns, which is never because I like my NF better.

Edited by MattPaintballer, 17 February 2005 - 06:05 PM.

"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#4 kingofnerf

kingofnerf

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 06:05 PM

Does anyone know specific ranges?
My current guns: Chain Blazer, Coral Viper, Double Crossbow, Manta Ray, NB-1 Missle Blaster(2), Powerclip (2) 3 clips, Rattler, Razor Fin, Secret Shot 2 (2), Sm 750, Sm 1500 (2), Triple Strike, Wrist Blitzer, Titan, sm 3000 (yellow), secret shot 1 (2)

#5 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 06:06 PM

15 feet unmodded maximum. I haven't wasted my time modding them, but I might sometime... I just really don't like them because they are so big and so fragile.
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq

#6 kingofnerf

kingofnerf

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 06:07 PM

15 feet unmodded maximum. I haven't wasted my time modding them, but I might sometime... I just really don't like them because they are so big and so fragile.

Which darts? And with which gun (the version)?

Edited by kingofnerf, 17 February 2005 - 06:09 PM.

#7 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 06:17 PM

Well, there are five "versions" Larami 2500, SM3Kyellow, SM3Kgreen, SM3Kblue, and a Sharper image knockoff, that someone ran across on ebay.

The SM3K (at least blue) is capable of some respectible ranges. (60-70') but I used some 12" barrels and grossly overpumped it to get it to go 120'. Its airtank is the same size as the SM1500, although not quite as durable.

however, it has too many moving parts, they're all made of plastc, and that means you can't rely on it for incredibly long. (especially when you're emptying it as fast as you can.)

from what I've heard, the Larami was the best, Yellow version 2nd best, Blue version 3rd, and green the worst.
Actuall directions on some products:

On Pudding
"Product will be hot after heating"

On a Sweedish Chainsaw
"Do not try to stop with hands or genitals"
(Was alot of this happening somewhere? MY GOD!!)

#8 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 06:28 PM

Larami 2500 and SM3K yellow were the same thing I thought?

Anyways, about my previous post: flat ranges, stock darts, unmodded, blue version.

Edit: Tinkerer, your sig cracked me up. I would say it made my day, but I said that to Uriel a couple minutes ago :huh:.

Edited by MattPaintballer, 17 February 2005 - 06:29 PM.

"the56ace,
-cxwq

#9 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 06:33 PM

not really, the Larami was a tidbit more powerful. Larami was then acquired, and the gun was re-released as the nerf SM3K.

actually, I think that's the most re-released gun of all. let's see,

Larami 2500
Supermaxx 3000 Yellow, Green, And Blue.
This "Sharper image" knockoff
oh, and the AT3K&4K seem to be based on the SM3k.

that's 7 rereleases/reincarnations
Actuall directions on some products:

On Pudding
"Product will be hot after heating"

On a Sweedish Chainsaw
"Do not try to stop with hands or genitals"
(Was alot of this happening somewhere? MY GOD!!)

#10 Dan Wask

Dan Wask

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 07:06 PM

My modded blue gets 100 consistantly. Its a bigger tank than an at2k.
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#11 Diego

Diego

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 07:14 PM

I got a blue from a friend, and the stupid pump handle just flew off about 2 hours after i obtained it. And i cant even get it open now. But from what i saw it shot decent unmodded.

--Diego

Edited by Diego, 17 February 2005 - 07:14 PM.

Member of the Chaos Brigade. Home to the Elite Iowa Nerfers.

Known to the clan as Jester.

#12 NerfKing

NerfKing

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:58 PM

Larami 2500 and SM3K yellow were the same thing I thought?

The Lamari 2500 is the oldest brother to the 3K family. To my understanding, the main difference between the two is that the 2500 used air-presure to advance the barrels, and the the rest of the 3Ks used a catch, next to the pump, to rotate the barrels.

#13 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 10:35 PM

not really, the Larami was a tidbit more powerful. Larami was then acquired, and the gun was re-released as the nerf SM3K.

actually, I think that's the most re-released gun of all. let's see,

Larami 2500
Supermaxx 3000 Yellow, Green, And Blue.
This "Sharper image" knockoff
oh, and the AT3K&4K seem to be based on the SM3k.

that's 7 rereleases/reincarnations

It's weird that you say that, because I think that too. It seems to me like the SM3K is like the AT3K and AT4K combined. 3K has 6 barrels, 4K has 12, and the SM has 8. The SM is about the size of the 4K, takes about as many pumps to prime as a 3K, and they get somewhat similar ranges. Also, the pumps and pump handles seem to have problems and are poorly designed.
"the56ace,
-cxwq

#14 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 08:43 AM

I think it's 100% obvious that the entire AT line was merely a carbon copy of the SM line that shot regular micro's and had a air preasure gauge. I don't think figuring that out is anything past sheer common sence.

Personally, I think the 3k's are just too big. I don't mind big guns, but with the AT line out and the 3k being such a kick ass weapon, I don't see much of a point in using anything else. Now if your just collecting, well thats you're perogative, however if you're looking to actually play, I think you'd be happier with an AT 3k.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#15 kingofnerf

kingofnerf

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 04:37 PM

Does anybody know the ranges of ALL the guns I asked about?

#16 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 04:58 PM

It's my humble opinion that although the pumps are different, the airtanks on all the SM3ks are identical so you should be able to reach the same range on all of them, assuming you have a good seal on the barrels.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#17 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 05:02 PM

Didn't you already ask that? I think everyone has been rather helpful.

The unmodded ranges vary from 15' to 30' flat, approximately, with blue being worst and yellow being best.

The modded ranges are very similar between the various guns, and average around 80-90' flat for most people who can get it modded without breaking it.

The rotation mechanism is awful on all versions and the pump handle breaks on the blue version. Most people just do not bother modifying any of them. I took my blue version apart, looked at how the rotation mechanism works, then put the pieces in a box which still sits on a shelf somewhere untouched.

The at3k has similar range and a much more robust rotation mechanism. I have many of them and generally use one as my primary.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#18 kingofnerf

kingofnerf

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 11:11 PM

Nobody told me before they had the same ranges.

Thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users