Y-Brik's Content

There have been 145 items by Y-Brik (Search limited from 11-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#314857 Rifled stefans

Posted by Y-Brik on 27 April 2012 - 12:11 PM in General Nerf

Cool story bro
Seriously, this will destroy your dart/barrel seal and short of building a special jig (we're playing "I believe in rifling darts" now), there's no way you can keep the spirals consistent from dart to dart.

#300189 Happy Birthday To WicketTheModder619

Posted by Y-Brik on 19 June 2011 - 11:53 PM in Off Topic

I'll bite. Happy birthday Wicket, may your cake not be a lie!

#289853 Forget This

Posted by Y-Brik on 03 December 2010 - 12:33 AM in Modifications

Welcome to the Haven, remember that self sufficiency is KING here- you will get to know the search function, the various directories, and if all else fails, the IRC (Search it- its good practice!) very well. Posting new threads for questions that can be answered in under 5 min of searching usually result in snide answers (like Philly's), and possibly disciplinary action- don't get yourself axed!
Also, nobody here really uses the emoticons, so don't amplify the newbishness.
Again, welcome to the Haven, don't get yourself kicked out again.

#288893 Making An Aftermarket Mod Match The Stock Color

Posted by Y-Brik on 25 November 2010 - 01:52 PM in Modifications

From what I've seen, its far easier to just repaint the entire blaster in a similar color (eliminates color matching). Oh, and if you're spraypainting, get some krylon fusion.

#307074 Quick public question: Vortex or N-Strike?

Posted by Y-Brik on 07 November 2011 - 08:58 AM in General Nerf

I'll probably be flamed for this, but here goes:

Which series of gun would you shoot, Vortex or N-Strike?

I personally like N-Strike better, not because of the distance (which usually sucks) but because of the modularity of all of them (barrels can be swapped, scopes/lights can be added) and their guns are more modern (Recon looks like an M4A1, Element looks like a USP, etc.). How about you guys; Vortex or N-Strike?

Hell yeah, I love the tacticoolness of adding blades to my Recon and making them look like M4s! Hooray for milsim!
/end sarcasm

Just a tip, this community abhors the "This toy looks like this thing-cops-shoot-at" attitude to Nerf.
Almost as much as they hate "which is better" threads.

People here are likely to prefer NStrike because they use conventional ammo, are more well-known, and have more modding options.

#300990 Titan Help

Posted by Y-Brik on 04 July 2011 - 12:20 PM in Modifications

Stuff is hard when you don't have a Dremall I use a hack saw.

Did I say anything about a Dremel? No- and hacksaws are the wrong tool for the job.

#300980 Titan Help

Posted by Y-Brik on 04 July 2011 - 12:45 AM in Modifications

Cutting it's the best way- a careful use of razor blade will give you the best finish. Meanwhile, we have an IRC which is great for asking those "I know it's stupid but I gotta know" questions without irritating the admin team.

#305034 Alpha Trooper help

Posted by Y-Brik on 26 September 2011 - 06:03 PM in Modifications

The catch isn't working obviously, so maybe the piece under the catch isn't clipped in the right place?

No, the Slamfire piece is right, it's definitely the lock/hold-it-forward issue. fyi, before closing it up again it's worth doinf the spring compression mod- a duct tape ring that makes the spring hit full compression when cocked.

#305012 Alpha Trooper help

Posted by Y-Brik on 26 September 2011 - 08:07 AM in Modifications

When it's together, try holding the slide all the way forward. Slamfire blasters have this little side effect- the breech must be ALL the way forward for the little slam-fire-y bit to work. Want to not have to worry about it? See that lock just to the right of the barrel cover? Put it back.

This was a hunch based on what you gave us, remember 1. NH does NOT like spoon feeding info, and 2. if you're going to ask for help you may want to to get the actual firing mechanism in the picture!!
EDIT- the important picture seems to have a broken link

#307345 The recon blast bazooka

Posted by Y-Brik on 14 November 2011 - 04:45 PM in Modifications

Dear god, never shoot those rounds at people- is that a nail??

#312695 Habitat for Humanity

Posted by Y-Brik on 10 March 2012 - 10:24 PM in Off Topic

Pay for it yourself.

Good to know the Internet hasn't changed

Louie- This is a great thing you're doing, you have my respect and prayers. I do think, however, that going to IN is a bit unnecessary- there's plenty of places locally that need the help just as much (chicago- nuff said) while redirecting funds from gas to...you know...helping people. I hope your school will consider that on its next trip.

#302207 Where to buy Camo bag with Streamlines

Posted by Y-Brik on 24 July 2011 - 11:48 PM in General Nerf

For a college kid, save a bit more and get the new 100 pack of Streamlines from TRU- it's $25 for 100 I-won't-hide-from-you darts. Best price per dart on stock ammo.

#295686 Mobile Version

Posted by Y-Brik on 09 March 2011 - 07:40 PM in Site Feedback

I have an idea, would it be possible to make a mobile version of the site? I use my phone and my iPod a lot to browse the forums, and this would make it relatively easier. I'm probably not the only one who feels that it is kind of difficult to view the site on mobile devices. Just a thought.

There's already an option to view in lo-res, perfect for mobile browsing. Making a system to handle mobile browsing on a site this large, with admins (as I understand) more interested in nerf than in HTML/Java/whatever from scratch is ridiculous.

Oh, and iPod sucks.

#287209 Spooky Illinois Foam Fest -- Canceled

Posted by Y-Brik on 20 October 2010 - 12:14 AM in Nerf Wars

Consider me a maybe. Dude, seriously, ZOMBIES!

#291825 No More Problem. Close Thread Asap.

Posted by Y-Brik on 29 December 2010 - 10:13 PM in General Nerf

Pictures?
how good are you at soldering? You didn't cook anything did you?

#280123 A Quick Question

Posted by Y-Brik on 12 July 2010 - 11:55 PM in Modifications

4.5" is really small for such a large plunger as the 3B; I recommend trying longer barrels (My [k26] 3B has a 12"). A spring addition/replacement is ideal, and definitely double check the seal- both on the plunger head and also on the joint where the PT meets the coupler part.

#291823 Has Anybody Tried To Shorten The Stroke Of A Stampede?

Posted by Y-Brik on 29 December 2010 - 09:59 PM in Modifications

Seeing as voltage mods up the ROF to the max allowed by CS-style blasters, I see little point in this, especially since it decreases range in the process. I'd stick with the "spring, seal, and voltage mods".

#295894 Raider Spring

Posted by Y-Brik on 12 March 2011 - 04:56 PM in Modifications

Not sure which one's from a Raider, but I have plenty of ReClone springs (The're all the same anyway). Pm me.

#301378 Illinois Foam Fest Six: Part 2

Posted by Y-Brik on 11 July 2011 - 10:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Pending work schedule I want to be there!
EDIT: I'm free, though I may be a bit late.

#301674 Illinois Foam Fest Six: Part 2

Posted by Y-Brik on 16 July 2011 - 11:57 PM in Nerf Wars

I can't guarantee smooching, but I will have darts avaliable.

Unfortunate typo there buddy.
I'll be there, +2. I'm low on supplies! Need darts and only have 2 primaries (one of which is questionable) working right now

Also, Wicket, the LS is all yours, was it $10 we agreed on?

#301707 Illinois Foam Fest Six: Part 2

Posted by Y-Brik on 17 July 2011 - 06:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Good to get out and nerf again

Pros:
+field testing the GheTurret worked well
+friends, cool group of guys (and failkid...)
+rocking the Recon
+Blowing up water jugs
+Someone donating to the "we're dying and need water" fund
+Gatorade

Cons
-hot
-no ammo
-3:15
-rounds turning into firing squads
-hot
-Indiana crew leaving early
-Lots of downtime
-HOT

ALSO- I recieced one blue NF from Wicket and it somehow duplicated itself- if anyone is missing an NF, pm me!

#323377 Question about lubricant

Posted by Y-Brik on 07 November 2012 - 11:48 PM in Modifications

Been using this stuff for years, it's fantastic. I got mine at Miller Industrial (Similar to, but not an ACE). I've used it on plungers, triggers, even a sticky door hinge.

#305890 Longshot Fouble Prime Problems

Posted by Y-Brik on 14 October 2011 - 11:59 PM in Modifications

I've seen this to be especially the case in the yellow LS. In my current blaster, I beveled the extension on the boltsled that usually catches on the lock. If you get it right, you can override the lock without removing it altogether.The issue arises from the tail of the boltsled jamming into the right hand wall of the shell without the lock to guide it.

#295222 Lanard Shotgun Problems

Posted by Y-Brik on 01 March 2011 - 10:00 PM in Modifications

Hobby lobby, get a massive sheet of the stuff for like a dollar. I've had this problem too (Haven't managed to fix it and now own a singled Quadshot), so im interested to see how this pans out.

#294841 Happy 17th!

Posted by Y-Brik on 21 February 2011 - 06:16 PM in Off Topic

69?
Happy birthday Jake!

#305791 Need help locating where I can get a spring for the Bullet Guard for t

Posted by Y-Brik on 12 October 2011 - 08:50 PM in Modifications

Ace #2 or 3 should be good. Take the dart tooth in and test fit, then cut it to the right size.

Ace # 2 is WAY too strong!
Gut a clicky pen, try to find a fatter pen so the spring is larger, then shave down the '+' under the dart tooth until it fits.
Also, firing bullets out of a Nerf gun never works. Everything here is made to shoot darts.

#296484 Awno 2.5 - War On The 26th Of March.

Posted by Y-Brik on 23 March 2011 - 10:20 AM in Nerf Wars

Looks like Cheerios fell through; Im still wheedling the powers that be to let me go. If I make it I'll be bringing at least 1 friend.
EDIT- I have the green light! I'm a definite with at least 1 friend, checking around to see if more want to go. I'm low on darts though...

#295919 Awno 2.5 - War On The 26th Of March.

Posted by Y-Brik on 13 March 2011 - 12:14 AM in Nerf Wars

Ybrik what about me? I'm a maybe as of now.

Sure, long as you don't mind chipping in for gas.

EDIT: I can probably cram another nerfer or 2 in the car; put me down as definite/likely + guest(s)

#295890 Awno 2.5 - War On The 26th Of March.

Posted by Y-Brik on 12 March 2011 - 04:06 PM in Nerf Wars

OOH OOH OOOH! War! I'm in, possiblyy with guests. Noodle wantsa carpool?

#282391 Chano 3.5

Posted by Y-Brik on 07 August 2010 - 11:22 AM in Nerf Wars

Gonna check my work schedule today (it's too short notice to request off so here's hoping I get lucky!), and if the stars align I'm totally there, possibly with 1-3 friends!
EDIT: Go figure, the one day that week I work is smack in the middle of the war. So it looks like I'm out for the 14th. 21st anyone?

#312711 INO. A March '12 War!

Posted by Y-Brik on 11 March 2012 - 01:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Yah, it's just the valve, you let my dad borrow it for Zombies.

Then consider it a bribe to host another war

#312703 INO. A March '12 War!

Posted by Y-Brik on 11 March 2012 - 08:56 AM in Nerf Wars

Thanks! And you left your ball valve, I can hold it for you, unless you would like me to ship it.

I knew I was gonna forget something!
As long as it's not attached to clear pvc, it'd be cheaper for me to just grab a new one. If it's just the valve, you can have it.

#312689 INO. A March '12 War!

Posted by Y-Brik on 10 March 2012 - 09:49 PM in Nerf Wars

Okay! It was awesome to get nerfing this year- now on to the obligatory pros and cons

+ Mod party
+ Meeting cool nerfers
+ Meeting nerfers under 13 who were cool (It happens people!)
+ My primaries not breaking
+ Enough darts to go around despite my shameless mooching
+ Getting great stuff in trade/sales
+ Good rounds (Zombies, team deathmatch)
+ Pink darts
+ Great location

- Pattycake
- Hummer getting shot to hell in zombies
- Technology
- Location was a home- different than a field!
- Will the real host please stand up?

All in all a great time, looking forward to INO 2

#312271 INO. A March '12 War!

Posted by Y-Brik on 02 March 2012 - 06:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Ooh, goody, I've been itching to shoot someone. I'm in, but low on darts. I assume we'll be using standard outdoor primaries?

#309630 Nerf Vulcan

Posted by Y-Brik on 17 January 2012 - 10:40 AM in General Nerf

I really can't wait anymore to get this big fat gun out of the box but until I got confirmation that my model of the Vulcan is not inferior to any existing model I won't open the box.......

1. Where did you hear these claims? If it's anything like the umpteen other guns with several generations (LS, Recon, NF), then the range and power difference is something like a foot or less (read-no difference).
2. You have a stock Vulcan and you're afraid of inferior blasters....yeah.
3. Your link is not loading. If it's a picture, upload it to a photo sharing site and embed it with the appropriate tags.

tl/dr: This is a non-issue: play with your toy! If you see major issues, you can consider modding it or, you know, getting a nerf gun that's actually reliable and powerful.

#324287 Simple S.S. AS-1 mod

Posted by Y-Brik on 09 December 2012 - 02:24 PM in Modifications

Nice writeup, but a lot of this has been covered here before. Look for CPVC barrel replacement mods.
Also, why did you remove the shell if all your mods were done to the (exposed) barrel?

#280117 Lanard Shotgun Problem

Posted by Y-Brik on 12 July 2010 - 11:25 PM in Modifications

I would like to mention that I have had a similar problem on my own shotgun (Airzone variant actually; singled), as well as my friend's (Also Airzone; turreted). In both cases the catch, even reinforced with both BW's mod and an additional catch spring added (From the LS stock I believe) the catch was unable to hold anything more powerful than a 1gen LS spring (even less than the stock spring for the shotgun!)

#291471 Merry Christmas!

Posted by Y-Brik on 25 December 2010 - 01:07 AM in Off Topic

Jeez, can nobody spell...
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

#295445 Speedloader Turret Tutorial

Posted by Y-Brik on 06 March 2011 - 10:12 AM in Modifications

Very...very...very thorough. Nice build though, props for giving tips on getting the barrels straight and consistent. FYI, it's much faster to ream out CPVC with a knife or scissors than to use a Dremel on it. Nice video writeup.

#291476 Ls Bolt,stuck

Posted by Y-Brik on 25 December 2010 - 02:08 AM in Modifications

Pictures are nice, as are more specific descriptions of what's wrong (and like Phree said- what state is the blaster in). Are you saying the LS won't catch when you pull the priming handle all the way back?