SirTofu's Content

There have been 365 items by SirTofu (Search limited from 11-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#110870 Your Top Ten Songs

Posted by SirTofu on 12 June 2007 - 01:28 PM in Off Topic

I can't do this in order:

Sonic Youth-Teenage Riot
Josef K- Sorry For Laughing
Polvo- Sense of It
Deerhoof- Flower
Dj Shadow- Organ Donor
The Roots- The Seed
Sonic Youth- Jams Run Free
Six Finger Sattelite- Pulling A Train
Talking Heads- Nothing But Flowers
Public Image Ltd.- Don't Ask Me

#83757 Your Armory

Posted by SirTofu on 24 June 2006 - 05:12 PM in General Nerf

To add on to nerfmonkey's post: if you read the code of conduct mieser, you would know that people can post on old topics if they have something to add. This is an arsenal thread, so people can add onto it if they wish.

#84957 Xbow Problem

Posted by SirTofu on 13 July 2006 - 03:19 PM in Modifications

Well, I recently recieved a bbb and I mega modded it with a coupler. Same setup as my xbow. The wierd thing is, is that the bbb is getting better range with megas than my xbow. I have 3 rubber bands on my xbow, and was wondering if i put a bungee cord on, if it would surley surpass the bbb, thanks.

#85158 Xbow Problem

Posted by SirTofu on 16 July 2006 - 04:47 PM in Modifications

Ok this is really, really strange. My bbb with my micro barrel is getting 90+, I am still in disbelief. Wheras, my xbow is getting 70 without bands or anything. Do you guys think a bungee will solve this problem? Thanks. Before anyone calls me a liar, I measured a dart from my xbow when I was shooting megas once and got 74'. The point is a little bit past a big tree in my yard. The micros in the bbb are hitting about 15' or more past that point, depends on dart.

#85170 Xbow Problem

Posted by SirTofu on 16 July 2006 - 07:37 PM in Modifications

Lukenator, I made 3 barrels for my xbow: Mega, Micro, and stock micro. They all work for the bbb as well. Ok, solved. Bought a bungee, my xbow is shooting in the 100's, If I measured maybe from 100' to 120' with micros.

#101337 Xbow Plunger Seal Help

Posted by SirTofu on 23 March 2007 - 11:35 AM in Modifications

Ok. Here's the problem with the xbow.
It has a massive plunger tube, however the plunger head is flimsy and gets warped easily. To fix this, wrap tons of e-tape around it to increase the seal, and then put a lubricant of your choice on the plunger head. You will ridiculously improve your seal.

Ok. Here's the problem with the xbow.
It has a massive plunger tube, however the plunger head is flimsy and gets warped easily. To fix this, wrap tons of e-tape around it to increase the seal, and then put a lubricant of your choice on the plunger head. You will ridiculously improve your seal.

#82972 Xbow Mega Mod

Posted by SirTofu on 08 June 2006 - 10:39 AM in Modifications

Yes, the ammo holders look badass, not to mention functional. Makes me wish I had done that to my Crossbow.

Pretty cool seeing a Crossbow that shoots megas, bet they sting when they hit, lol.

thanks for the compliments guys. I tried my crossbow with micros, but the megas add a bit more punch and are more accurate. The ammo hyolders quite nice and functional, as well.

#82787 Xbow Mega Mod

Posted by SirTofu on 05 June 2006 - 04:09 PM in Modifications

After months of tweaking and testing, I have finally turned my xbow into a machine. This will give people an alternative to your standard micro breech mod, which did not work so hot for me. I personally use micros, except for this gun. The xbow is quite accurate with megas.
I named my gun singapore, or for short singy ( pronounced sing-ghee).

Now onto the mod:

I cut a 5" piece of pvc and after putting it into the coupler, wrapped it in e-tape.

Posted Image

I hotglued my coupler onto the plunger, marine-epoxied it (marine epoxy is pretty strong), and e-taped it.
Posted Image

Now, after that I had a killing machine. However, I like ammoholders and despise fumbling through my pockets.
So I made an ammo holder of pieces of pvc hotglued onto fabric with velcro straps. Holds twenty megas:

Posted Image

Here's what singy looks like:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And, if you want to know my ranges, with a good dart I can get 75-80+ and angled 90-100+.

#82804 Xbow Mega Mod

Posted by SirTofu on 05 June 2006 - 09:29 PM in Modifications

Is it just the pic or is that barrel crooked?

The barrel shoots straight, so I think its the pic...

ahh crap, I placed the coupler in wrong. Thanks for pointing that out. It's still accurate, but now it will be better.

#82806 Xbow Mega Mod

Posted by SirTofu on 05 June 2006 - 10:00 PM in Modifications

I might actually do this to my X-bow but don't you think the barrel is alittle short?

For megas, you want a short barrel.
I experimented with 4 types of barrels: the 5" one, a 7" one, and two much shorter ones. The 5" works perfectly with megas and the other ones lose range.

#93178 Who Watches Naruto?

Posted by SirTofu on 28 October 2006 - 02:10 PM in Off Topic

filler fails.

#78349 Which Crossbow Mod To Do?

Posted by SirTofu on 01 April 2006 - 07:12 PM in Modifications

I personally did the following and I get around 85 or so feet without bands:

I reenforced my crossbow.

I epoxied, plumbers gooped, and e-taped a sch.40 coupler onto the top of the plunger. The coupler has a 9/16 diameter, I believe.

I then hotglued a 9/16 piece of petg in the middle of the coupler.

I then made a barrel of whatever I.D. is right below 9/16 brass in size and nested it in 9/16 brass. There is about a 3-4'' difference in length between the barrels.

So, now I have a detachable brass barrel and a coupler for it!

#83024 Whee Jaw Surgery!

Posted by SirTofu on 09 June 2006 - 12:43 PM in Off Topic

I'm under jaw surgery and am really wacked out; so, who loves surgery?

#115916 Whats Your Fav Primary

Posted by SirTofu on 15 July 2007 - 08:22 PM in General Nerf

The AT3k hands down. Sure, it doesn't get the best air gun range. But the 6 shot turret and it's range and accuracy are all you need in a war. It's a while before you have to load, and you don't even have to touch the turret. Now, the xbow has crazy range and accuracy, but the at3k is a much better primary in a war.

#71481 What Are The Ranges For A Sawed Off Double Shot

Posted by SirTofu on 22 January 2006 - 05:12 PM in Modifications

No one has ever done this, and I'm sure a sawed off variaton would be useless unless if you found some way to make a nerf buckshot.

#163899 Wall-e

Posted by SirTofu on 23 July 2008 - 03:09 PM in Off Topic

I personally enjoyed the not-so-subtle political commentary.

#86472 Video Games

Posted by SirTofu on 04 August 2006 - 11:01 AM in Off Topic

Old school dos games FTW. Things like keen, duke nukem, bio menace, hocus pocus, and all others. Shareware was awesome.

#94073 Usb 2.0

Posted by SirTofu on 10 November 2006 - 04:10 PM in Modifications

You're right. That does suck. Inconsistent FBR? Really? Is is really that bad? Wow...

This is why I love my Dart Tag Stefans.

That's why I order from a log home store and don't spend a fortune on NERF darts <_<

#107003 Turreted Lbb?

Posted by SirTofu on 21 May 2007 - 08:31 PM in Modifications

yep, I've done it and I'm sure other people have. Why don't you just try it yourself and figure it out, instead of bothering the forum by making a topic to ask a pointless question.

#113683 Top 5 Favorite Worst Movies Ever

Posted by SirTofu on 29 June 2007 - 10:38 AM in Off Topic

1. Wild Zero- Most wacky ass japanese movie ever. It is a rock zombie horror film, and the main character's name is Ace. What the crap?
2. Versus- The ending made me freak out hysterically and have all sorts of convulsions that can not be classified as normal. This movie does not get the number one spot, because it got bogged down in the middle and was not a 100% extreme awesome suck-fest.

Both of those movies were fucking awesome. What are you on about?

These movies should by enjoyable to watch, but you know it is nothing close to a quality film.

I'm don't think anyone is understanding the concept here.

#113622 Top 5 Favorite Worst Movies Ever

Posted by SirTofu on 28 June 2007 - 09:17 PM in Off Topic

Thank Christ someone knew what I was talking about. I had seriously contemplated logging into my control panel and hitting buttons like a fat kid at a broken vending machine. I mean, I'm sure CX has long since restricted my ability to delete said forum, for various security reasons, but I'm confident I could drop a few moderators into the piss-warm waters of NerfHQ's finest pool before kev's electronic Cerberus took me down like a streaker on cops. The point is....The Fine Governor from California WILL run for president, and you fuckers are gonna vote for him. And if you don't I will slip through your windows and kick down your doors. I will embody the shadows that creep in the night, and when you least fucking expect it, you rim-sucking testicle jugglers, I will strike. I will find you asleep and I will give you the nastiest Hitler you have fucking ever, fucking seen!

As cute as your are, let's not hijack this thread any more than it has been.

#113581 Top 5 Favorite Worst Movies Ever

Posted by SirTofu on 28 June 2007 - 06:32 PM in Off Topic

Inspired by the top 5 movies thread, I am curious what everyone thinks are the worst movies?

Not the boring type of bad movies, but the ones who love to hate and watch and make fun of. These movies should by enjoyable to watch, but you know it is nothing close to a quality film.

Withou further ado, my list:

1. Wild Zero- Most wacky ass japanese movie ever. It is a rock zombie horror film, and the main character's name is Ace. What the crap?
2. Versus- The ending made me freak out hysterically and have all sorts of convulsions that can not be classified as normal. This movie does not get the number one spot, because it got bogged down in the middle and was not a 100% extreme awesome suck-fest.
3. Plan 9 from outer space- of course I am going to mention this movie, Ed Wood is an idiot. But it was an awesome laugh fest.
4. Total Recall
5. Escape from LA

Honorable Mentions: Red Dawn, Red Steel, Point Break, Escape From NY, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, any Fast and Furious Movie

Don't fucking mock Arny. You've been warned.

VACC

what the shit are you talking about?

#113816 Top 5 Favorite Worst Movies Ever

Posted by SirTofu on 29 June 2007 - 09:11 PM in Off Topic

ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME IN THE ASSDICK??!?! MAD MAX? MAD MAXX? DO NOT SHIT ON THAT MOVIE IT COULD diddle YOUR BALLS TWICE IN A SECOND WITHOUT BLINKING.

All ranting aside. I like Mad Max.

-Butt

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. Mad Max and Road Warrior are good.

Anyways quit hijacking my thread you 'tards. It's not a hard concept at all. But thanks as always guys.

#113563 Top 5 Favorite Worst Movies Ever

Posted by SirTofu on 28 June 2007 - 04:53 PM in Off Topic

Inspired by the top 5 movies thread, I am curious what everyone thinks are the worst movies?

Not the boring type of bad movies, but the ones you love to make fun of. These movies should by enjoyable to watch, but you know it is nothing close to a quality film.

Withou further ado, my list:

3. Plan 9 from outer space- of course I am going to mention this movie, Ed Wood is an idiot. But it was an awesome laugh fest.
4. Total Recall
5. Escape from LA

Honorable Mentions: Red Dawn, Red Steel, Point Break, Escape From NY, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, any Fast and Furious Movie

#111948 Top 5 All Time Best Movies

Posted by SirTofu on 18 June 2007 - 10:26 PM in Off Topic

Seven Samurai=Magnificent 7

No argument. But, Samurai > Cowboys. Toshiro Mifune > Yul Brenner. Kurosawa > Sturges.
I rest my case.

#110867 Top 5 All Time Best Movies

Posted by SirTofu on 12 June 2007 - 01:17 PM in Off Topic

1. Yojimbo- Not Kurosawa's most merited work, but his most fun and re-watchable.
2. Delicatessan- this movie has just so much charm and a crazy plot, it's very enjoyable to watch. A delight.
3. Brazil- Terry Gilliam's finest moment in my opinion.
4. Alien- Probably my favorite Ridley Scott film.
5. Layer Cake

#111225 Top 5 All Time Best Movies

Posted by SirTofu on 14 June 2007 - 02:54 PM in Off Topic

Seven Samurai > Magnificent 7

#114412 Top 5 All Time Best Movies

Posted by SirTofu on 04 July 2007 - 10:09 AM in Off Topic

1. Jackass

2. pirates of the Carribbean 3

3. Effeminate movie

4. jackass #2

5. borat In order

Anyone that puts the Jackass "movies" in their top 5 is a jackass... You can't consider a movie with no storyline or meaning an actually movie. Jackass would be considered a stunt show...

As quoted from wikipedia...

Film is a term that encompasses individual motion pictures, the field of film as an art form, and the motion picture industry. Films are produced by recording images from the world with cameras, or by creating images using animation techniques or special effects.

Films are cultural artifacts created by specific cultures, which reflect those cultures, and, in turn, affect them. Film is considered to be an important art form, a source of popular entertainment, and a powerful method for educating-or indoctrinating citizens. The visual elements of cinema give motion pictures a universal power of communication; some movies have become popular worldwide attractions, by using dubbing or subtitles that translate the dialogue.

Films are made up of a series of individual images called frames. When these images are shown rapidly in succession, a viewer has the illusion that motion is occurring. The viewer cannot see the flickering between frames due to an effect known as persistence of vision — whereby the eye retains a visual image for a fraction of a second after the source has been removed. Viewers perceive motion due to a psychological effect called beta movement.

The origin of the name "film" comes from the fact that photographic film (also called film stock) has historically been the primary medium for recording and displaying motion pictures. Many other terms exist for an individual motion picture, including picture, picture show, photo-play, flick, and most commonly, movie. Additional terms for the field in general include the big screen, the silver screen, the cinema, and the movies.

A storyline is needed for a movie to be released into the public eye. The only reason jackass was released was because BAM margera is a corrupt fool that bought out the man that passed his video to be released into the public....

Yet another horrible list of movies that a *cough* 5 year old would put as their top 5....

And Rambo: First Blood is a quality film? Practice what your preach.

#111950 Top 5 All Time Best Movies

Posted by SirTofu on 18 June 2007 - 10:53 PM in Off Topic

NO ARGUMENT. BUT cowboys>samurai. Plus it is my own opinion sirIeatshitthattasteslikecrap. I am a big western fan so quit trying to attack my list, and especially a movie I didn't put on my top 5. Magnificent seven had a great cast too Steve McQueen, Yul Brennar, Robert Vaughn, Charles Bronson and James Coburn. I liked Seven Samurai it was a great movie. So shut up.

Sorry.

#111199 Top 5 All Time Best Movies

Posted by SirTofu on 14 June 2007 - 11:56 AM in Off Topic

3) Lord of War

That movie was Questionable, it got boring after a while.
But. which copy of Redux do you have? Mine only takes one dvd.

#110896 Top 5 All Time Best Movies

Posted by SirTofu on 12 June 2007 - 04:22 PM in Off Topic

1. Yojimbo- Not Kurosawa's most merited work, but his most fun and re-watchable.
2. Delicatessan- this movie has just so much charm and a crazy plot, it's very enjoyable to watch. A delight.
3. Brazil- Terry Gilliam's finest moment in my opinion.
4. Alien- Probably my favorite Ridley Scott film.
5. Layer Cake

I plan on seeing Delicatessan. Brazil is brilliant. I loved it. Its so bizarre but incredibly powerful. Alien is good, but Aliens is far better. Ridley Scott is the man but James Cameron took the Alien franchise to a completely new level with the sequel. Layer Cake I've heard good things about and Yojimbo is solid, but not a movie I particularly enjoyed. I would argue that it is his most "merited work", second only to Seven Samurai considering how many Japanese and American remakes Yojimbo was treated to.

Hell Clint Eastwood starred in two remakes of Yojimbo, "Fistful of Dollars" and the sequel "For a Few Dollars More" are both the Yojimbo plot with a wild west treatment. Not to mention that mediocre Bruce Willis remake "Last Man Standing".

I would say Seven samurai as his first merited work, then Rashomon. Rashomon redefined storytelling. And Yojimbo is just such a fun film for me. The sound track and the goofy characters make it great.

Alien vs. Aliens is a debate that is a pointless one. Do you like horror, or do you like Marines blowing shit up?

#110923 Top 5 All Time Best Movies

Posted by SirTofu on 12 June 2007 - 05:59 PM in Off Topic

Tofu, I agree about the genre issues involved in arguing Alien vs. Aliens. I just think that as a whole experience the sequel is so much better. Its more entertaining, more intense, and more "watchable" I felt. I understand and concede your point though.

Oh and "Cool Hand Luke" is now up there in my Top 10 or so. Just watched it today.

Cool hand luke is a great movie.

#66183 Tool Prerequisites

Posted by SirTofu on 20 October 2005 - 08:30 PM in Modifications

Probably the nicest tool you can have is a dremel. Excellent for sanding out insides of barrels as It takes a very short time (espiccally when working with an airtech),

#161177 The Violator

Posted by SirTofu on 01 July 2008 - 08:51 PM in Modifications

Wow. Great idea for a rush gun. Mad props.

#107144 The Nasa-3k

Posted by SirTofu on 22 May 2007 - 08:17 PM in Modifications

Aesthetics don't aren't worth jack aorund here, only fuctionality. I have to say that this is finally something new and functional. I could see this being used in a war, good job. It's as clean as it needs to be.

#164980 The Dark Knight

Posted by SirTofu on 28 July 2008 - 03:47 PM in Off Topic

Shit, don't feed the trolls. Go back to your cave, sir.

#109725 The Chainblazer

Posted by SirTofu on 06 June 2007 - 02:24 PM in Modifications

Ahh, an old school gun being modded. We need more of this.
You're not the first one, but you are to post a write up. Nice and clean, good work.

It is essentially useless to have chains on the chainblazer because they jam easy. The funny thing about the chainblazer is that it's essentially a crippled arrowstorm.

#113864 The Bbb

Posted by SirTofu on 30 June 2007 - 12:25 PM in Modifications

I'm just curious why pictures like these can't simply be put in the mod pictures thread. We've seen bbb's millions of times before, unless you have some new information or a writeup, why is this thread here?

#102421 T-shirt Size

Posted by SirTofu on 18 April 2007 - 05:16 PM in Off Topic

Can you do XL/L in Tall?

#102491 T-shirt Size

Posted by SirTofu on 21 April 2007 - 12:12 PM in Off Topic

But, can you get a shirt in "tall"?