What We've taken here is your standard fare 10 shot DTG and an A2K.
Tools used here were screwdrivers
a dremmel came in somewhere
various cutting devices
Stepping drill bit
9/16th drill bit
thick wall petg -OMC
5/8"th thick wall petg - clearpack
1/2" thin wall -clearpack
sprinkler drip system barb fittings
1 1/2" pvc coupler
Altho I didn't use any specific write up to follow general modding concepts that can be learned here from other guns were applied.
For starters Mods that are on the DTG are as follows
straw mod to turret
turret inlets widened (used a tapping bit for this)
Added 4lb spring to stock
sealed leak point at head of plunger tube with 3 wraps of teflon tape
sili lubed plunger
barrel replacement -Petg
I only have a couple pics of the mods on the DTG but heres the sealed barrels
You can see the inlets where they have been opened up. They were all drilled out so that a larger straw could be used.
The A2K has been modded as follows
minimized and singled
brass barrel nested in 1/2" thin wall petg w/5/8"th petg coupler
goo gauge coupler removed
Tho hard to see there is half a barb fitting in the air tank that allows it to be hooked direct to the pump w/o the goo gauge.
Here I have some simple pictures of brass and petg coupler.
Now that we have these two very decent guns all modded up it was time to see how to seal this union.
So I decided to scrap the whole of the A2K's shell except for the front of the pump so I could have something to hold it into place with this I realized that I would need something to also hold the air tank in to place thats where the 1 1/2" PVC coupler came in. I had to use the dremel to shave out a space for the lip of the tank and cut it in half so that it could separate with the two halves of the shell.
Then I had to fit it to the gun for placement. So I found where it was to go and used some hot glue to hold it in place while the plastics epoxy provided the permenant seal and structural strength.
And of course cuts on the DTB had to be made to make room.
Now I was going to make some housing for the rear of the pump but decided that I would just pait the pump itself and wrap the air hose in wire loom
Also needed at this point was a trigger for the A2K so I took some spare acrylic tube and fashioned up a trigger.
(sadly this trigger broke during W@M so I will have to remake one that is stronger.
Heres a internal of the gun while still open.
Now with the awesomeness that was contained in the gun it needed that special Blacksunshine touch. So it got my customary signature paint scheme.
The DTG gets about 40-50 feet or so.
The A2K gets 70+
(these are guesstimate ranges. However my guesses have been fairly accurate)
Edited by Langley, 18 August 2012 - 11:39 AM.