hamoidar's Content

There have been 335 items by hamoidar (Search limited from 25-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#316875 Write-up: RAW The Force Mod aka "Duo Force" (Picture Intensive

Posted by hamoidar on 11 June 2012 - 11:05 AM in Modifications

Great job! Clean and complex usually don't mix to well, but you have made/modified a gun that is both. Hats off to you! Also, you're right, that pvc used to secure the wye onto the side of the blaster is 1" in diameter. It is also worth mentioning that it's thin-wall pvc.

#308367 Why isnt there a longshot thread?

Posted by hamoidar on 17 December 2011 - 05:21 PM in General Nerf

I thought i saw something about this before. I cant find a "post your longshot thread" I know theres one for crossbows but why wouldent there be one for longshots? I fail to see the point.

Perhaps it is because the longshot is not quite the legend that the crossbow is, but if you really want a longshot thread, why not start one! :)

#312973 White lithium grease?

Posted by hamoidar on 16 March 2012 - 08:05 PM in Modifications

I also use white lithium grease, although I only use it in homemades, as it tends to have a too high viscosity for low power guns.

#314115 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by hamoidar on 07 April 2012 - 08:26 PM in Modifications

Although this is not exactly a WHERE TO BUY post, I belive it is fairly important information regarding a product. Do NOT buy the OMW vulcan upgrade spring. I bought one, and after fireing a few belts, the plunger rod snaped in half.

#307671 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by hamoidar on 22 November 2011 - 08:30 PM in Modifications

I have found that smaller Home Depots don't carry thin-wall pvc.

#314127 Vulcan problem

Posted by hamoidar on 08 April 2012 - 09:43 AM in Modifications

Did you make sure you put back on the belt ratchet spring? It is the small extention spring that is located on the lower half of the large white piece. Also, make sure you pad AND reinforce your plunger rod. If you don't, you will end up with a snapped plunger rod: like me.

#322616 Vote for NH's Next Avatar Pack

Posted by hamoidar on 15 October 2012 - 09:35 AM in Off Topic

How bout Minecraft? Some creeper faces would be cool. Of course, a minecraft forum already exists, and I don't know how you guys(NH staff) would feel about having some of the same avatars.

#306573 Vortex Praxis high-capasity Magazine Mod

Posted by hamoidar on 27 October 2011 - 09:50 AM in Modifications

I am unconvinced that 400 degrees is enough to properly anneal the spring. My understanding is that you need to get it to just under the austenizing temperature, and hold it there for a few hours in order to release the cold working stresses that got introduced when the spring got stretched. The temperature required varies a lot between grades of steel, but the ranges I've seen are between 500 - 1500 degrees. A 500-700 degree oven might help, but the 400 degrees suggested is almost certainly a waste of electricity. This isn't such a big deal for a magazine spring such as we see in this mod, but I would throw a much more significant shit fit if someone tried to do this with a plunger spring.

hamoidar: let us know whether that spring shrinks back or weakens over time. If it is still serviceable after a year, then all this theoretical rambling of mine is moot.

taer: the cavity in the disk is where the throwing arm pokes up into to fling the discs. I think.

A freind of mine hase taken some classes on metals and explained the same prosess paloose has stated. The spring was heated with a torch, then quickly dropped into a tub of cold water. Then it was baked for an hour at 450 degrees. So far, I haven't had the spring wear out at all, and have used it heavily since modding it.

#306290 Vortex Praxis high-capasity Magazine Mod

Posted by hamoidar on 21 October 2011 - 05:45 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
High-Capacity Mod for the Nerf Praxis Magazine

This mod guid will show you how to transform your 10 disc magazine into a 27 disc high-capacity mag. Even though it holds 27 discs, the magazine is barely longer than a Stampede clip.

First, unscrew your magazine and remove the bottom cap and the lower spring seat. Using a Dremal sanding drum, dremal down all the guiding bars and the protruding edge up 1/4″ into the magazine. Do this to both sides. Next, Dremal the three guide bars on the disc pusher completely off, and round off the bottom edge with sand paper. Sorry there’s not very many pictures, I forgot to take them during the modding process, but I will do my best to explain in detail. Now, you will need an 8″ section of a fluorescent tube protector, and an end cap for it.(these tubes can be bought at any home improvement store, they also come with end-caps)
Posted Image

Using a Dremal sanding drum, sand a 25 degree angle slant all along the inside edge. This will allow the discs to be loaded smoothly. Set this aside for now.
Posted Image

Unravel the wire binding from a cheap notebook, and smooth it out. Take a 36″ piece of 1/2″ pvc and Dremal a slit at one end. Bend the end of the wire into a small L-shape, and slid the wire into the slit. Wrap the wire around the pipe, with about 1/4″ of space between the coils. My spring is pretty messy, but hey, it works.
Drill a small hole where the coil ends, and push the end of the wire into it. This will keep the spring from unraveling.
Posted Image

You can now remove the spring from the pipe. Pre-heat an oven to five hundred degrees, and bake the spring for an hour. (get your parents permission)

Finally, take the fluorescent tube sleeve that you fabricated earlier, and apply hot glue around the top of the pipe. Do this only to the top portion.(about 1/2″ down from the side you dremaled to a slant) Push this end into the bottom of the magazine, making sure to keep it straight while the glue cools. Next layer a good amount of hot glue over the join.
Posted Image

Take your new spring and duct-tape it to the original one, bottom to top.

Drop the disc pusher into the bottom of the pipe, making sure to put it in the right way.(the side with the cut out should face up when you look down the top of the magazine)
Posted Image

Next drop the spring into the pipe and put on the pipe cap.
Posted Image

If all went well the magazine should be able to hold around 27 discs.
Posted Image

#306319 Vortex Praxis high-capasity Magazine Mod

Posted by hamoidar on 22 October 2011 - 05:36 PM in Modifications

It's so the black piece at the bottom can fit in easier. Though, I'm sure you could just pressure fit it in but that'd cause stress on the clear part and possibly break it. But, I may be wrong. This is just my assumption.

Actually, the 25 degree angle is so that the disc pusher transitions smoothly from the original magazine to the extention pipe.

#306457 Vortex Praxis high-capasity Magazine Mod

Posted by hamoidar on 24 October 2011 - 12:46 PM in Modifications

Nice job.
Would 1 1/2" PVC work for the fluorescent tube protector? The discs fit perfectly in it.

Although the discs fit in the 1 1/2 in pvc, the pvc will not fit into the magazine bottom. You could support the pvc from the sides, but this would be pretty messy. The pvc is also much heavier than the protector sleeve.

#329906 vortex disc mod

Posted by hamoidar on 16 May 2013 - 09:03 PM in Darts and Barrels

Nerf discs are actually quite stable in flight, even at higher velocities. Instead of modding the dsics, why not mod the gun that fires them?
I have found that with some modding of the disc blaster, higher ranges, accuracy, and speed can be achieved.

Here are a few helpful threads:
http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=21586' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>mod guide
http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=21743' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>magazine mod

#307472 Various Clip Ideas

Posted by hamoidar on 17 November 2011 - 03:32 PM in Modifications

This just isn't worth the time you would spend making it. First, duct tape and cardboard are not going to make a strong, or even functional clip. The dart pusher would have to be curved to fit in the bannana clip section, making it unable to transition to the straight walls of the 6-clip. In other words; Impossible.

#312899 VANS Are Not Slugs

Posted by hamoidar on 15 March 2012 - 05:13 PM in Darts and Barrels

Tried VANS out, with limited success. They do better than single-bb domes out of a UMB, and hurt a lot less. Used a part of a hornet shell [the connectors to the titan] as a mold, and had trouble with molds not curing or air bubbles forming with low viscosity silicone RTV. Still need to create a better mold/felt tips for the RTV. It sticks to drilled out foam amazingly.

Prehaps by pushing the tip of the silicone tupe all the way down to the bottom of the hole, then lifting it out as you filled it, you could eliminate most of the air bubbles.

#314139 VANS Are Not Slugs

Posted by hamoidar on 08 April 2012 - 03:14 PM in Darts and Barrels

Would this foam from Mcmaster work?(http://www.mcmaster....tubing/=h0qg0b' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Mcmaster) It already has a hole in it, so that means you wouldn't have to drill you own.

#308504 Ung Breech

Posted by hamoidar on 20 December 2011 - 08:15 PM in Darts and Barrels

I don't know about it fiting on any gun, it certainly wouldn't fit in a clip-system blaster. As for this being new, it is basicly the same design as any brass angel breech. It might also be worthwhile to add that it would be impossible to make this in US pvc. For homemades or couplered guns, I say you would be better off with a hopper, it would have much faster rof, plus no air leaks. Good execution though. :mellow:

#313293 Tripleshotpistol

Posted by hamoidar on 21 March 2012 - 07:06 PM in Modifications

Although this is quite the ingenious use of random spare parts, there is one thing: The ranges. 30ft....for all that work you only get 30ft. Is that even as much as the stock pistol?

#316262 Trigger linking question

Posted by hamoidar on 28 May 2012 - 08:05 PM in Modifications

well you can put a strip of polycarbonate or wood on the top of the trigger just enough so the polycarb, when the trigger is pulled forces the clothespin apart causing the gun to fire.....hope it helps

I don't think that would work, as the top of his trigger is level with the bottom of the clothspin; leaving no room for the polycarb. The method Carbon recommended is probably his best bet.

#334165 Trading Forum Glitch?

Posted by hamoidar on 20 September 2013 - 01:19 PM in Site Feedback

I just wanted to let you guys know that people who are not signed in/non-members can view the featured sales thread.

#325159 Titan homemade

Posted by hamoidar on 08 January 2013 - 08:26 PM in Homemades

The filter is there to help stop people from backseat moderating. If you see something wrong with a post just report it...simple.

#324974 through bolt cocking handle removal

Posted by hamoidar on 31 December 2012 - 09:11 PM in General Nerf

Once you have removed the handle once, you may have a problem with it falling off at inopportune times. Here is a quick fix: Priming handle fix

#316272 The SNAP-10 Slamfire

Posted by hamoidar on 28 May 2012 - 10:13 PM in Homemades

Very nice! Now I want to see a gun that can slam-fire and single fire. :)

#329905 The Roughcut 2 to 1

Posted by hamoidar on 16 May 2013 - 08:56 PM in Modifications

First of all, I really think this is a good idea! However, I can see a few problems.

1. The plungers do not fire at the same time, therefor, the first plunger that fires will have more effect on the dart than the second. This will decrease range but only slightly.
2. I wish the barrel was centered with the gun, as I like to sight along the tactical rail. Of course, this is a matter of personal preferance.
3. Not a problem: I think that using two smaller plungers to fire a dart at the same range as one large plunger is a great idea! why? Because, two small plungers might be able to fit into a shell/cavity that a large one would not.

Overall a very good job!

#307348 The recon blast bazooka

Posted by hamoidar on 14 November 2011 - 05:59 PM in Modifications

Man, that is so dangerous. Someone could get seriously hurt if you shoot them with it. Also, this does not go in the modification section of this site, there no instructions or parts lists at all. Good thing too, nobody should be running around shooting that.

#313026 The Nitestrike

Posted by hamoidar on 17 March 2012 - 03:44 PM in Modifications

As far as the spring goes, I am guessing that with more power the thing will fall apart. If the catch starts to flex at all or if it is slightly angled the force of the spring will cause misfires. The brass used will also probably bend out and that seal piece used might come off or shatter with impact on the plunger tube.

Wow, I have never read a more doom-saying post before. Man, give the guy a break, he just posted a new, innovative mod, and you go and say it will just about explode on the first shot. :angry:

#313025 The Nitestrike

Posted by hamoidar on 17 March 2012 - 03:40 PM in Modifications

Nice, this looks like a pretty simple(and therefor sturdy)design. I saw this in the mods/pj thread, and was hoping you would post a writeup. Good job! :)

#313078 The Nitestrike

Posted by hamoidar on 18 March 2012 - 01:15 PM in Modifications

Agreed, an awesome mod. But if I do it I will use a stronger spring and reinforce the bolts led.

The bolt sled of the longstrike, in my experience, is quite strong. The part that gave me the most trouble on mine was the priming handle. When I modded it, the handle kept falling off, so I ended up epoxying it on.

#317850 The Long-erStrike: A Titan/Longstrike intergration

Posted by hamoidar on 02 July 2012 - 11:01 AM in Modifications

Cool! I like the soldered primming handle. How does the air from the pump go through the kink in the tubeing right in front of the trigger?

#308359 The Darthramballs M1 prototype

Posted by hamoidar on 17 December 2011 - 12:39 PM in Modifications

Great job, super innovative. How stable is the clip reciver? It looks to be attached only at one side. :huh:

#318690 The BANR, a FAR revamp

Posted by hamoidar on 17 July 2012 - 07:53 PM in Homemades

I like this! When I made my version of the FAR, the catch system failed miserably, and it took me forever to find a way to make it work. It seems as though your system is quite robust and sturdy; mine is not. Great job!

#315406 The AS-4: BBUMB/Rapidfire integration

Posted by hamoidar on 08 May 2012 - 03:38 PM in Modifications

Very nice! This things is pretty cool! I agree with shmmee, you should glue a piece of plastic across the bladder tank end, so that the over-pump-valve will still function. I would also recommend not painting the barrel black. If you were to carry this under your arm, someone may mistake it for a real firearm. Overall, nice job! :)

#315502 The AS-4: BBUMB/Rapidfire integration

Posted by hamoidar on 10 May 2012 - 09:52 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

Ohh, I think I get it, cool. So the front of the bladder would originally force the top of the trigger down slightly, causing it to vent?

The air release valve is actually on the cap of the bladder itself. If you look, you will see a button-like thing sticking out of the bladder cap. When the bladder expandes to it's max, the button presses against the shell wall, releasing a bit of air.

#327565 The "Do-Not"s of Off-Topic

Posted by hamoidar on 03 March 2013 - 07:16 PM in Off Topic

How can I delete my account.

Contact a forum admin, (langley, Doom) and ask them to delete your account. Or, post "ban me" on langley's profile!

I'm going to change your name to Son Of Mr Hands, real talk.

Hamoidar: What?

#316872 Switchshot EX-3 Modification

Posted by hamoidar on 11 June 2012 - 10:40 AM in Modifications

Nice writeup! I may have to get one of these. (it looks like there is enough room for a PT replacement :D) I am guessing by the drops on the AR parts that you used hot water to get it apart?

#316202 Supplemental Swarmfire Mods

Posted by hamoidar on 27 May 2012 - 02:01 PM in Modifications

Very nice! I like the battery packs on each side. Also, you might want to resize your pics, as I can only see half of them on my screen.

#312971 [Help] Stampede mod gone wrong?

Posted by hamoidar on 16 March 2012 - 08:00 PM in Modifications

I removed the ARs, increased the seal, and added a crossfire spring. I'm going to increase the voltage as soon as I go to RadioShack. I also am going to minimize it in the front. Also on a similar topic do you think it would be possible to do a half brass mod to a stampede?

Your problem is most likely the voltage, as the stock batteries are not capable of compressing a stronger-than-stock spring. As for brassing the stampede; here is a step-by-step guide for a brass mod.http://nerfhaven.com...1&#entry310074' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Stampede brass mod If you only want to brass the dart tube, simply leave the barrel stock, and only complete the bolt/dart-tube brass conversion. Good luck!

#312954 [Help] Stampede mod gone wrong?

Posted by hamoidar on 16 March 2012 - 05:39 PM in Modifications

I am also having a similar problem but no matter if it's dry firing or if there is a dart it stops moving just short fully moving forward. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Since it seems this thread is alive again, here goes. Have you done any mods to it? If so, what are they? If you can give me a little more information, I can most definitly help, having modded five stampedes.

#313006 [Help] Stampede mod gone wrong?

Posted by hamoidar on 17 March 2012 - 09:03 AM in Modifications

Low voltage batteries may exacerbate this as they dont provide enough torque to allow the motor to move the plunger against the increased resistance caused by compressing the air behind the dart.

Don't quote me on this... wait...uh...nevermind. Anyway, I do belive the dart would not have any pressure behind it. One, the dart tube does not hold the dart tight enough to make a seal until the very end of it. Second, I think this gun also has a pin hole on the side of the dart tube, just like almost every newer nerf gun, which would release pressure as well.

#312953 [Help] Stampede mod gone wrong?

Posted by hamoidar on 16 March 2012 - 05:35 PM in Modifications

ignore

#313016 [Help] Stampede mod gone wrong?

Posted by hamoidar on 17 March 2012 - 12:43 PM in Modifications

He said he had modded it do by that I'm guessing he plugged the air release hole. And the stampede has a rather firm grip on the dart in the bolt compared to most blasters, it was comparable to 17/32 brass in my stampede so the buildup of pressure is quite possible.

Even if pressure was building up, it would be negligble compared to the stronger spring. His problem is the voltage, with the combination of the tighter seal, stronger spring, and prehaps pressure behind the dart. The stock voltage is just too weak to operate the modded gun.