A New Style Of Breech (Aussie Style)

9 replies to this topic

#1 Ungmon

Ungmon

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:51 PM

[deleted]

Edited by Ungmon, 01 September 2018 - 12:54 AM.

#2 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:59 PM

Nothing new, but good breech otherwise.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#3 hamoidar

hamoidar

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:15 PM

I don't know about it fiting on any gun, it certainly wouldn't fit in a clip-system blaster. As for this being new, it is basicly the same design as any brass angel breech. It might also be worthwhile to add that it would be impossible to make this in US pvc. For homemades or couplered guns, I say you would be better off with a hopper, it would have much faster rof, plus no air leaks. Good execution though. :mellow:
NerfHaven > Your control panel > Profile > Change Signature > Inserts dumb sig > What! No pictures! > Inserts next best thing: http://nerfhaven.com...howuser=114052' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Best thing on Nerfhaven!

#4 Ungmon

Ungmon

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:23 PM

[deleted]

Edited by Ungmon, 01 September 2018 - 12:56 AM.

#5 Swatsonia

Swatsonia

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:36 PM

This breech can be done with any nesting barrel material, really. He simply used our equivalent on 1/2" CPVC, so you simply need to add a nesting layer over that. While 1/2" PVC (or whatever the CPVC nests in) may be too tight, if you find a loose enough batch, or sand down the CPVC, it can still work.

#6 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

Even if this is very similar to other breeches, I'm sure it's helpful to anyone trying to make one in Australia (and anywhere else this size of pipe can be found?). If you edit your post in full edit mode, you can change the title of the topic. Might be better to mention metric or Australia in the title.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#7 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:08 PM

Oh Im sorry, I was un a ware of a similar breech out there If I did I would not have named it the Ung Breech, however I suppose it is slightly different to some other breeches.

If you could be so kind to PM me a link to the other similar breeches out there.

http://nerfhaven.com...=1

Very different materials (Steel EMT tubing inside thinwall 1/2" PVC) and maybe also a different bore (mine was 5/8" to fit tagger heads, not sure what yours is) but also an outer-tube breech. Although the outer-tube pretty much kills any chance of attaching a conventional clip, feed mechanisms are not impossible. Just more difficult, and less reliable.
RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#8 DeddManWalking

DeddManWalking

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

Where did you get the 16mm conduit? I also live in Australia and have to rap my darts in e-tape so they fit in 15mm pvc or buy expensive brass for shorter barrels. If you could give me the exact name ect of the conduit so I don't get it wrong it would be much appreciated.
Signature.

#9 boothy

boothy

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:54 AM

If you look for an electrical wholesaler with a streamline you can test fit it into 16mm conduit, I will PM you a link for two australian nerf forums.

Thanks Boothy

#10 BBBB

BBBB

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:41 AM

@Ungmon Are you just foreign"izing" the breach?
Im'a cheap flubbanugget!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users