KBarker's Content

There have been 122 items by KBarker (Search limited from 11-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#167512 Your Desktop

Posted by KBarker on 08 August 2008 - 10:43 PM in Off Topic

Posted Image

Dual 22" monitors FTW!

#122692 Using Two "cylinders" To Fire More Darts For Rapid Fire 20

Posted by KBarker on 11 September 2007 - 04:35 PM in Modifications

I respect your thought process on this and it may well be possible for you to build, but you can get the same net result by combining two conventional RF20s like FA_24 did. Or you could do what I do and just dual-wield the weapons. You can still lay down 40 rounds in ~3 seconds.

#98962 Titan Missiles

Posted by KBarker on 30 January 2007 - 05:41 PM in Homemades

Isn't the point of the fins to stabilize the missile in flight? What is keeping your pool noodle from spiral out of control when fired?

Simply the weight in the front, just like a regular dart. The fins help, but they may not be necessary.

#120800 Titan Help!

Posted by KBarker on 22 August 2007 - 06:19 PM in Modifications

Yes, I looked at all the mod writeups and searched. So I just modded my new Titan just like ompa, basic AR removal, pump plug, and barrel. The barrel is 18" CPVC. It works fine up to about 15 pumps. If I pump it more, range goes down drastically. I know most people pump plugged Titans 25 pumps or so, right? I don't hear any air leaking while I pump it up, and when I fire it sounds like a big whoosh. Ideas?

#120885 Titan Help!

Posted by KBarker on 23 August 2007 - 02:38 AM in Modifications

It's really kinda weird. It's like 15 pumps is OK, and then 16 it goes like half as far. I'll crack it open tomorrow and see if I can find anything screwy.

#120871 Titan Help!

Posted by KBarker on 22 August 2007 - 11:40 PM in Modifications

I doubt it's my darts, even though they are light (one BB) since they don't do anything weird out of the barrel. What's the check valve? Is it the valve that connects to the Hornet? Or maybe the pressure gauge?

#163793 The Vulcan: Unboxed

Posted by KBarker on 22 July 2008 - 10:28 PM in Modifications

I had asked earlier what the RoF is like and never got an answer. The videos I've seen never shot it very much and the batteries were dead. Is it fast like the RF20 or is kind of like the semi auto version of the RF20. Or slower?

It says on the outside of the box 3 shots a second.

Oh my god, that's fast! does it really shoot that fast or is it their usual overestimation?

More like 2 per second.

I measured ranges and I have stock ranges

stock: 30 feet.
minor modded: 50-60 feet.

I cant wait to take out the the primary AR Inside the gun. This could end up being a full auto NF.
Also the gun really does take 6 d batteries it weighs quite a bit. *sarcasm* can someone airmail me a screwdriver?*sarcasm*

No matter where you are, the nearest hardware store will have your small screwdriver for around $5 or less.

#164676 The Vulcan: Internals And Mods! New Mods Pg.9!

Posted by KBarker on 26 July 2008 - 06:40 PM in Modifications

I would really like to see a firing video with two chains hooked together.

#142418 The Vulcan

Posted by KBarker on 24 February 2008 - 07:18 PM in General Nerf

I don't think it would be that hard to convert it to run off of rechargeable batteries kind of like an RC car

Thats going to be one of the first things Il be diong to this when it comes into my hands.

Yeah, I kinda laugh at all the people who complain about the 6 D batteries. I doubt I'll even buy the stock batteries, since I'll have it running on lithium polymer batteries in about 5 minutes.

#119274 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 12 August 2007 - 03:47 PM in Modifications

You might try extending the tubes, and running them outside the shell through holes to accomodate the lack of internal space in the Mav shell. Then, after a paintjob, it'd basically look like some alien gun with tubes full of goo-like shit all over the place.

I thought about that, but I found an LBB at my local Walgreens and I'm gonna use that instead. Luckily I didn't destroy the Mav, so I can use it for something else.

#119092 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 10 August 2007 - 02:57 PM in Modifications

Oops, my mistake. I thought the air tank was the piece with all 4 tubes going into it. It seems to operate much like 3 SSPBs.

#120140 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 17 August 2007 - 02:29 PM in Modifications

Finished my LBB integration:

Posted Image

More details HERE

#119032 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 09 August 2007 - 11:42 PM in Modifications

OK, I've got my PETG barrels on. I tried 3" on the first one and noticed that they fired further when they weren't shoved all the way in. 2" barrels on the 2nd one worked much better. There's also no need to glue the barrels, just dremel out the tabs at the base of the barrel stub and wrap about 1.5 turns of E tape on the PETG.

#118914 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 09 August 2007 - 12:03 AM in Modifications

OK, I've looked all over (TRU, Amazon, Target) and I can't find these online. How much do they cost?

#119028 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 09 August 2007 - 10:31 PM in Modifications

Wow. I just picked up some of these and 5 minutes later I've already got the ARs out. Give me another 10 minutes and I'll have PETG barrels. Truly an amazing gun. The barrels, trigger, and pump are only connected with tube, if we could figure out how to extend the tubes, you can put the trigger and pump anywhere on another gun you want.

#118920 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 09 August 2007 - 12:50 AM in Modifications

Wow, I must have tried every other search term possible. Thanks. $33 seems kinda steep to me, but if they're as good as Falcon says they are.......

#119057 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 10 August 2007 - 11:20 AM in Modifications

Looks like he cut that barrel a little short, probably by accident. The bases are all the same height. There's only one airtank for all 3 barrels BTW.

#119144 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 11 August 2007 - 02:19 AM in Modifications

I cut the hoses off and hot glued in some temporary tubes to make sure it worked, no problems with it. I tried to integrate two of them into a Mav shell, but there just isn't room for all the tubing. It's a shame because the Mav drum matches the barrel pattern exactly. I don't really have a good candidate to integrate them into, I could really use an LBB.

#119423 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 13 August 2007 - 06:25 PM in Modifications

I found some nifty plastic barb connectors today. They fit the Nerf tubing perfectly, and come in T's and butt connectors. They are called Rain-Drip, and are available at hardware stores and gardening places.

#119409 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 13 August 2007 - 03:41 PM in Modifications

Why not just relocate the "Detonator" along the side of the handle of your gun... so that you can press it with your thumb and still use the trigger of the other gun? that's what I'll be doing when I get some more tubing connectors.

-bags

That's one way to do it. I'm going to try a simply string-pull type trigger today, we'll see if it works.

#119437 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 13 August 2007 - 08:18 PM in Modifications

I didn't say that they were earth-shattering, but it's nice to be able to get them locally.

#119501 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by KBarker on 13 August 2007 - 11:30 PM in Modifications

You guys are all slackers! :lol: I've already got an integration mostly done!
LBB with dual Spidey guns

#141672 The Snap-duo

Posted by KBarker on 21 February 2008 - 01:24 AM in Homemades

The shield looks absolutely awesome. My only suggestion is to paint the PVC black to match, that basic white isn't doing it for me. Great work!

#117644 The Eyes Of Fire.

Posted by KBarker on 30 July 2007 - 02:59 PM in Modifications

Absolutely incredible. I think to take full advantage of HPA, however, you should add drop-and-swap turrets. The slowest part of reloading an RF20 is always shoving all the darts into the barrels. Thanks for mentioning my spacers on that beast!

#122424 The Cole Breach

Posted by KBarker on 08 September 2007 - 02:13 PM in Homemades

So you necro it? Not yet. I will when I finish getting my sponsorship from K&S though.

Sponsorship from K&S? That is hilarious! Just go to a hobby store and spend $10 or so, and you're done.

#105615 Switch Shots Ultra Mod

Posted by KBarker on 15 May 2007 - 12:21 AM in Modifications

You guys would be amazed with how much pressure a bottle like that can take. With the cap on, you can actually roll a small car over one without it blowing up.

#119528 Star Wars Rebel Trooper Blaster Mod

Posted by KBarker on 14 August 2007 - 12:50 AM in Modifications

Very nice, this looks a lot like my original NF rifle, I taped two NF plungers together just like you did. You're not going to get the full benefit out of the larger plunger unless you use a longer barrel and ram stefans all the way down it, however. I might have to get one of these and try it myself, although I'm a little turned off by the price. I saw one at Fred Meyer for about $25 I think. Great mod!

#99122 Speedloaders...

Posted by KBarker on 01 February 2007 - 11:57 PM in Modifications

OK, I get it now. I didn't realize that the top barrel was a duplicate of the other barrel. Sounds cool, I may use this on my next gun. Thanks everyone for the clarification!

#99112 Speedloaders...

Posted by KBarker on 01 February 2007 - 10:20 PM in Modifications

I know, this is a noobish question. But no matter how much I search, I can't figure out what the hell a speedloader actually does. It looks just like a short section of tube taped on top of the main barrel in all the pictures I've seen. Does it just hold an extra dart for you so you don't have to dig it out of your pocket or something?

#103743 Six Barrel Lbb

Posted by KBarker on 03 May 2007 - 02:11 PM in Modifications

So with 6 barrels from one gun, you would need most likely a minimum of 10 inch barrels. Just a suggestion, it still looks kick-ass that way.

Um you lost me there... It currently has 10 inch barrels.

And Again no I havn't had a chance to fire any thing other then stock darts out of it.

I think what he meant was that six 10 in. barrels is equivalent in air volume to one 60 in. barrel. So if the gun fires good with a single 18 in. barrel, your barrels should be roughly 3 inches long. I would add a little bit for the length of the dart though, 5-6 inches with stefans sounds about right.

#118586 Rf20 Swappable Drum

Posted by KBarker on 06 August 2007 - 11:23 PM in Modifications

Kickass!!

Mind if I ask you how you got that black rear handle case off the RF 20?

I just bought one 2 days ago, and I tried to open up the gun, but that 1 piece wouldn't let me. I really don't want to have to resort to violence with it since it's such a great gun. But I really want to slice those pegs off, so got any tips?

This piece was a major bitch to get off on both my RF20s. You have to cut the glue all the way around between the black and gray pieces before it will come off. I used a knife and pried the hell out of it. Don't expect the black piece to look too great once you're through with it.

#104247 Rf20 Barrel Replacement?

Posted by KBarker on 06 May 2007 - 05:18 PM in Modifications

I have just started selling a barrel spacer for the RF20 that aligns the barrels so they're all straight. Works with PETG, and possibly other barrel types, I just haven't tried them yet.
http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=8429

#119818 Rf 20 Or Magstrike?

Posted by KBarker on 15 August 2007 - 04:47 PM in General Nerf

Having both, I like the RF20 a little better, simply because of the 20 shot capacity. My modified Magstrike shoots a little harder, and I think it also empties the ammo faster. It's really a personal choice. If you go with an RF20, expect to take several minutes of reloading and pumping, and then simply blasting the crap out of an opponent indoors. For both guns I have had great success replacing the barrels with OMC's PETG.

#122964 Restricting Airflow Into Barrel

Posted by KBarker on 14 September 2007 - 01:05 PM in Modifications

Couldn't this question be posted on your RF20 thread?
Maybe it's just me, but starting a new thread for each individual question seems kind of unnecessary.

Totally. This guy has around 5 threads all with various RF20 questions.

#122423 Rc Aircrafts

Posted by KBarker on 08 September 2007 - 02:11 PM in Off Topic

Thats because the wing used to be a not completed zagi 400 :P

Nice. Those planes are sweet because you can crash it repeatedly and not damage it. I rammed mine straight into the ground on full throttle several times.

#122398 Rc Aircrafts

Posted by KBarker on 07 September 2007 - 11:39 PM in Off Topic

I used to have a Zagi 400, it looked just like the wing in your second picture.

#99420 Pvc Pressure Tank

Posted by KBarker on 06 February 2007 - 08:14 PM in Homemades

The other thing to keep in mind is that although the pipe is rated at that pressure, the glue joints are more variable and could fail at a much lower pressure. Always use the primer and PVC cement for a pressure tank.

#105346 Petg Barrel Rf20

Posted by KBarker on 13 May 2007 - 09:52 PM in Modifications

I saw a cheap RF20 on Ebay and couldn't resist, so now I have two!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#104246 Petg Barrel Rf20

Posted by KBarker on 06 May 2007 - 05:14 PM in Modifications

I've decided to start selling my custom barrel spacers for this gun. $15 each shipped. Sale thread here:
http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=8429

#103865 Petg Barrel Rf20

Posted by KBarker on 03 May 2007 - 11:00 PM in Modifications

Did you machine the barrel support too or did you buy and then drilled the holes? And if you're looking to do stuff to the inside you could sand down the release valve on the bladder and cover the bladder with 50 of the long balloons for a higher firing pressure.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, nice job! It's as clean as everything else you do.

I cut and drilled them custom out of .25" polycarbonate. I thought about the release valve mod, but I don't see the point since it gets off all 20 shots anyway. I did do that mod to my Magstrike though. Banding makes me nervous. :P