nisaburo's Content

There have been 149 items by nisaburo (Search limited from 14-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#273066 Wildfire Rebuild

Posted by nisaburo on 23 April 2010 - 12:12 AM in Modifications

Finally this blaster sees some love! Moosa, its a good bit louder than a MS or RF20, all that empty shell space makes for a nice echo-y crack. Rouge, I take it that the clamps around the bottom and top of the bladder aren't broken. I would suggest reinforcing around both as a preventative thing. The last 3 I've had have had heavy leaks because of the crappy plastic cracking and tearing.

#342045 WANO VI

Posted by nisaburo on 18 September 2014 - 05:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Did a count on the supplies I inherited from Taerkitty. Nearly 500 made slugs plus a few of his "experimental" dart types.

Im also thinking about putting together some dart making kits with the excess supplies for folks that want to get into making their own ammo. What would be the interest level for that?

#342094 WANO VI

Posted by nisaburo on 20 September 2014 - 05:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me in for now! And will anyone have a roll of felt tips at the war I could buy?

I will.

#341878 WANO VI

Posted by nisaburo on 11 September 2014 - 05:25 PM in Nerf Wars

I will see what I can do. This is a weekend of my anniversay so matters must be handled delicately.

#342141 WANO VI

Posted by nisaburo on 24 September 2014 - 09:57 PM in Nerf Wars

Ill be coming, but probably not until after 2pm.

#341959 WANO VI

Posted by nisaburo on 15 September 2014 - 10:38 PM in Nerf Wars

That BBUMB is fine so long as the opv is still intact. We run #6 washer slugs and stock darts exclusivly at these wars. No domes.

#342078 WANO VI

Posted by nisaburo on 19 September 2014 - 08:25 PM in Nerf Wars

are slingshot weights allowed?

Traditionally slingshot weight implies a hot glue dome, so no. Alternativly, I suppose you could make a modified slug with slingshot weight, in which case I would guess no. The problem with slingshot weight is it adds a lot of mass to the dart which typically results in a much more painful and dangerous dart.

I would be interested in it, mainly for the foam though assuming it has a springer fit in cpvc.

There are a couple kinds of foam I would offer, 2 of which fit fine in cpvc.

#341245 WANO V

Posted by nisaburo on 16 August 2014 - 01:47 AM in Nerf Wars

Im looking for some thin wall 1" pvc. Anyone able to help me out at the war?

#341198 WANO V

Posted by nisaburo on 14 August 2014 - 12:18 AM in Nerf Wars

Ill be there. Also requesting medic game type if we have enough people to make it work resonably.

#340154 WANO IV - Seattle, WA on Sunday July 13

Posted by nisaburo on 08 July 2014 - 01:40 PM in Nerf Wars

So Im coming but will be late. Probably around 2pm. Hoping to bring tantumbull and another friend. Also texted tuna the fish but havent heard back yet.

As long as I get my McMaster order in time, Ill have a bunch of darts as well.

#339660 WANO IV - Seattle, WA on Sunday July 13

Posted by nisaburo on 19 June 2014 - 05:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Update: probably won't be able to make it to this one. Maybe I can show up late, we will see.

#339621 WANO IV - Seattle, WA on Sunday July 13

Posted by nisaburo on 16 June 2014 - 10:49 PM in Nerf Wars

Ill see what I can do. Probs me plus one.

#334098 WANO III

Posted by nisaburo on 17 September 2013 - 08:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Im not sure If i can make this one at all. Ill be having the mother-in-law in town and leaving the next day so we might be last minute doing things.
Ill do my best.

#333210 WANO II

Posted by nisaburo on 18 August 2013 - 09:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Im still coming but won't be showing up until after 2. Couldnt get the day off but did get an early shift that lets me get some nerf in.

#332855 WANO II

Posted by nisaburo on 10 August 2013 - 12:29 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm in.

#332270 WANO I

Posted by nisaburo on 24 July 2013 - 12:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, I'm in dart making and tune up mode now.
Picking through my blasters I have a few high profile items I'm looking to sell. Mad Hornet, Manta shell with broken plunger rods, AT4K, powerclip, and a crossbow with homemade internals if anyone is interested. Send me a PM if anyone is interested in a at-the-war purchase.

#331848 WANO I

Posted by nisaburo on 12 July 2013 - 05:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Nice. I'll be there. I'll reach out to some of the regulars in the area and see if anyone missed this post.

I hope to premier a new style of homemade here. I finally have some more incentive to finish it up.

#250180 W@c The Revival!

Posted by nisaburo on 12 September 2009 - 12:10 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm out too guys, sorry.

#249395 W@c The Revival!

Posted by nisaburo on 01 September 2009 - 11:36 PM in Nerf Wars

A birthday war? Just for me? Really, you shouldn't have!
As much as I want to come, it looks slim for me showing up due to a combo of work schedule and festivities.

#257191 Vulcan $25 At Walmart Right Now

Posted by nisaburo on 24 November 2009 - 06:00 PM in General Nerf

We actually have a dedicated thread for product awareness things such as this. Its pinned at the top of this forum. Also if you are going to post something like this, its useful to post the location of the store.

#198932 Turreted Nitefinder

Posted by nisaburo on 26 December 2008 - 02:26 AM in Modifications

Really good mod, I say your barrel is clean and useful, I suppose? Also, is the ROF better? I mean does the barrel rotate? Sorry I don't have a 2k barrel, so I wouldn't know.

Yeah, the 2k barrels rotate. Whole point is a higher ROF while maintaining ranges as much as possible.

#198745 Turreted Nitefinder

Posted by nisaburo on 24 December 2008 - 09:02 PM in Modifications

Thanks everyone, this is my first write up and it was more difficult than I expected. I hope it all makes sense and if you have questions ask and I'll try to elaborate.

At Busta: yes that is correct.

I wish that you could use more of the stock parts to do this mod but the metal peg that normally holds the spring is too short and I think that the size of hole you would need to drill in the top of the turret would cut away too much of the teeth that lock each barrel in place.

#198573 Turreted Nitefinder

Posted by nisaburo on 24 December 2008 - 01:24 AM in Modifications

I have seen other 2k turreted guns on the site but there is always an issue of a lot of dead space because of the placement of the turret post and spring. This mod could easily be adapted to many other guns but for the sake of simplicity I chose a nitefinder.

Parts: (kind of vague, sorry)
Nitefinder
at2k turret
1/4" plastic rod (or pipe)
spring that will fit snuggly around 1/4" rod
Small washer that will fit snuggly around 1/4" rod

Start by disassembling the nitefinder and removing the lazer bits inside. Remove and take apart the entire plunger and AR.
Posted Image

Remove the AR post.
Posted Image
Posted Image

And cut out this part of the AR
Posted Image
Posted Image

Start by prying off the orange end piece shown on the left side of the photo. The spring holds the two parts of the turrets together to create a seal.
Posted Image

Remove the original barrels and center post of the turret. Now drill through the top part of the turret using a 15/64" bit. Then drill through the orange piece you removed earlier with the same bit and cut off the collar.
Posted Image
Posted Image

On the base plate of the turret there is a nub right in the middle, cut that down just enough to allow the now de-posted post piece to fit around the nub at the top of the plate. Its important to not just cut the whole nub off because you will need the surface area it will provide later in the mod.
Posted Image

Now start to reassemble the AR and plunger tube how it was before.
Posted Image Posted Image

Take the 1/4" plastic tubing or rod and cut one end to fit in the turret base plate with the NF air restricter. It will look something like this.
Posted Image

Epoxy the AR parts, turret base plate and 1/4" rod together. (make sure to sand all connecting surfaces) When the epoxy is dried assemble onto the 1/4" rod and base plate everything in this order: turret top piece, small washer, spring, and orange cap. Superglue the orange cap onto the rod making sure that the spring is putting pressure on the turret when the glue has set.
Posted Image

Epoxy assembly from the previous step onto the plunger tube. Cut the shell to fit and put it back together. Add your barrels of choice and it should look something like this.
Posted Image

I didn't do any internal mods to the nitefinder so I'm getting standard nitefinder with ARs removed ranges.

#165376 Titan Mod Idea

Posted by nisaburo on 30 July 2008 - 11:55 AM in Modifications

I believe the problem with this is that neither the titan nor the at2k have their own check valves. When you would fire one it would release all the air from the other tank as well. You would have to rig it up so that both fired at the exact same time. I suppose it could be used for a tank expansion, but the titan doesn't really need it and the reason the at2k tank is good is because of it's small size to range ratio.

#293296 The Semiauto Salvo

Posted by nisaburo on 24 January 2011 - 03:52 PM in Modifications

Where are you hooking all of your tanks up to the trigger assembly? It seems like there must be a way to prevent venting without a check valve in this set up, similar to Boot's design.

#289920 The Mirage-ss, Simple And Effective Semi Automatic Design

Posted by nisaburo on 03 December 2010 - 05:05 PM in Modifications

Nerfgeek, Boot says that he uses the hornet plunger valve because it only vents the air from the BS tank. If he used a regular blast button in conjunction with the magstrike bladder then it would fire the BS tank but also lose a lot of air from the bladder.

Boot, this is stupidly simple and I love it. Before I actually read the writeup I thought it was just another dumb RSCB'ed tank and bladder set up being dubbed "semi-auto." This can actually easily be made semi auto. Fantastic work!

#304930 Tetrahedral Mobstacles

Posted by nisaburo on 22 September 2011 - 08:52 PM in Homemades

These worked great at the last war. They provided cover from multiple directions but could be out-flanked with a little effort to prevent camping. I always felt I was safe for a quick reload but not to bunker down.

#208542 Sof Seattle War

Posted by nisaburo on 01 February 2009 - 04:25 AM in Nerf Wars

I don't think that Seward park would work that well. I worked as a naturalist giving tours there one summer. There are a lot of heavily wooded paths connecting small areas, a bit too small to play in. The woods would make dart retrieval very difficult and I don't think we want to be littering in the park. The only large area is the amphitheater, but that doesn't offer a lot of cover.

#217091 Sof Seattle War

Posted by nisaburo on 09 March 2009 - 02:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Can you put me down as a hopeful?

#242510 Sof Seattle War

Posted by nisaburo on 18 July 2009 - 12:03 AM in Nerf Wars

So I have severely underestimated my PETG supply and only have enough to finish the bare minimum for this war. Would anyone in the Seattle be willing to sell me some for local pick up or is anyone willing to bring some to the war for me to buy.
Thanks guys!

#242995 Sof Seattle War

Posted by nisaburo on 21 July 2009 - 03:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Awesome war everyone! Couldn't have asked for more for my first one!

Pros:
-Getting some real war experience. This changed how I'm going to think about mods a little bit.
-Got some great feedback about my BBBB/RF20 combo. I know what I need to change now.
-Meeting some amazing nerfers and never really feeling awkward despite not knowing anyone there. Thanks for being cool guys.
-Rushing the flag defenders, taking them out, then not being able to find the flag sitting in the tree right in front of me at eye level.
-Pistol duel with Sam in the first round. Like something out of the movies, right down to the double kill.
-Medic rounds.
-Trading for some of Tantum's spacer plates.

Con:
- Not getting to meet everyone there. We need name tags next time, guys.
- No SOF guys or Draconis
- My foam being just big enough as to not fit properly in my barrels.

Looking forward to the next one!

#232993 Sof Seattle War

Posted by nisaburo on 28 May 2009 - 01:23 AM in Nerf Wars

I've been working very slowly on a primary for this war and am really pumped! I had a question about the balls for the ball round. The little excerpt from the first page talks about adding weight to the NERF ballistic balls for better range. How much weight are we talking here? I'm thinking not much bigger than a quarter inch ball bearing. Does anyone have experience with this?

#336437 Short Barreled AT2K

Posted by nisaburo on 10 January 2014 - 09:01 PM in Darts and Barrels

Im not trying to poo-poo your tactics as you probably know how you play better than I. But Id be worried about pumping time. Maybe put the 2k turret on the NF?

#336433 Short Barreled AT2K

Posted by nisaburo on 10 January 2014 - 08:06 PM in Darts and Barrels

Whatever material works best with your darts. In general, PETG is better for airguns but that is only because it usually has a looser fit for stefans. Why short barrels? Part of what makes 2ks desirable is the fact you can hit big ranges with easy mods. That takes longer barrels though.

#328055 Seattle, WA - Nerf Group [First Game] - March 23 (Saturday), 2013 @ Ma

Posted by nisaburo on 15 March 2013 - 09:27 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm really not trying to be difficult here, so I apologize if this sounds like I'm being a jerk.

It sounds like people should expect games and blasters on the level of a game of HvZ, is this correct? By this I would mean basic mods (air restricter and lock removals, etc) ranges of 30-50' and an emphasis on magazine fed blasters (N-strike and Elite.)
There are a handful of wars here in washington, not all are Seattle specific though.

- The Olympia Foam Society hosts HvZ games on the Evergreen College campus. These games, I believe, tend to use stock darts, basic performance mods, but extensive and cool cosmetic and tactical mods (lights and sights) and have a RPG aspect to them.
- Theres a war out in Anacortas at an old military bunker. These games also used stock darts due to restrictions at the park. The organizers have capped ranges as the firefights tend to be indoors and up close.
- Then there is the War at Marymoor park in Redmond. These games allow stock darts and blasters, stefans, modded blasters and homemade blasters. No blasters that fire over 120' and there is something of an understanding that you will be outclassed if you can't fire around 70' which is hard to do with stock darts.

Stefans/homemade darts are going to hurt a good amount even out of a lightly modded nitefinder when shot at the face pointblank. Hell, I bet getting hit in the face by one of the new Elite blasters with stock Elite darts sucks quite a bit! I won't use a blaster I'm not willing to be hit with myself but I not be intentionally shot in the face by ANY modded blaster at pointblank.

It has never been my understanding that stefans are meant to keep dart costs down, they are more intended to increase range and accuracy. As far as construction is concerned, its rather standardized for an internet DIY phenomenon. Hot glue heads with steel bbs as weights on insulating foam or felt covered washers on insulating foam. My point is stefans are going to hurt more than stock darts out of any blaster and at any range.

TL;DR
I doubt that the people using stock darts are signing up to be hit with stefans. I feel a "max" standard needs to be established for both ranges and ammo so people know what to expect.
And I don't want to be the asshole who shows up with only century cannons and stefans if everyone else is packing stock darts and blasters capped at 50'.

#327358 Seattle, WA - Nerf Group [First Game] - March 23 (Saturday), 2013 @ Ma

Posted by nisaburo on 26 February 2013 - 06:19 PM in Nerf Wars

You kind of address it on your Meetup page, but what are dart expectations? Stock darts or stefans?
You seem to be well organized, have you hosted NIC style wars before or has it mostly been HvZ games?
You say stock and modded blasters are allowed, but i get the feeling that your personal group will be packing mostly stock and or 60' blasters. The crowd you are advertising to here are packing a lot of 100'+ blasters as basic gear. You may want to be a little more specific about the "tone" of this war.

That being said, Im in Seattle and very interested.

#254294 Sano Halloween

Posted by nisaburo on 22 October 2009 - 01:11 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm a go plus one. So are we kind of looking at a lot of stock ammo and guns for the zombie rounds?

#255162 Sano Halloween

Posted by nisaburo on 02 November 2009 - 01:51 AM in Nerf Wars

In that case, Sunshine, my apologizes. Tantum, when are we going to see that footage? I want to see how amazing I am.

#255076 Sano Halloween

Posted by nisaburo on 01 November 2009 - 01:18 PM in Nerf Wars

I bet people have already left but I'm still coming, but might be a little late.

#254579 Sano Halloween

Posted by nisaburo on 26 October 2009 - 03:04 AM in Nerf Wars

What time are people looking to show up?