Woodland Park, Seattle, WA
Sunday, August 4th 2013
10:00am - 5:00pm
The park is large, so aim for the lot next to the Lawn Bowling area in the NW corner of the park (it's right off of highway 99). This is generally the least used area. If anyone is unsure I can provide my cell number to help you find our staging area. Google maps is your friend.
This to be the first of a series and I want it to be big so get the word out to anyone you know and I will do the same. First timers are welcome, so if you have a lot of blasters do us a solid and bring some higher powered loaners. After my visit to SoCal I think Washington is in need of a solid, regular NIC-based war series. Stock guns are totally fine but would ideally be phased out eventually.
- Good attitude. We are participating in a somewhat whimsical sport. Relax and enjoy. Sharing your stuff is certainly not required but is much appreciated.
- Lots of blasters! All you got! Modded or homemade preferred, stock acceptable. Loaners if possible, I am hoping to get some new players who will likely come with stock weapons and I'd like them to try something a little more interesting.
- Darts! Stefans preferred (slugs, domes, whatever is safe). We will have a stockpile of stock and homemade but would love to borrow yours for the day. If you want your darts returned to you, label them accordingly. If you have a question about darts, pm me.
- Water and lots of it. Food if you like, we will break for lunch and there is food in the general vicinity.
- 'Tude. Be prepared to follow the rules, not exploit them. Gametypes will be as simple and intuitive as possible.
- Melee weapons. There are other avenues for that sort of thing. This series is not one of them.
- Anything dangerous. Blasters that hurt are perfectly within expectations but don't bring anything that can do more damage than a welt and eternal shame. This includes weird darts and overpowered blasters. The field should not necessitate crazy ranges (150+).
1. Don't be a bitch.
2. Eyewear required by all players at all times. We have limited extras, please bring your own. If you are not wearing eye protection you are not in the game and will be ignored.
3. Any part of your body or gun counts as a hit. No shields. No blocking. No exceptions.
4. Hits are based on the honors system. Shooter has the right to call a hit, so if you are unsure just take it like a man. You will be back in the game soon enough. Shooters, call your hits because they are sometimes not felt. If you have to argue, you are both out.
5. Barrel taps are permitted if your gun is loaded and ready to fire. Please do not smack anyone with your gun. Give them a friendly pat on the back or just say "barrel tap." If there is anything weird about how your barrel tap is accomplished it probably doesn't count. There should be no question that you would have been able to hit them but you are sparing them some pain. If you aren't sure, just shoot them. They'll live.
6. Most darts are fine, if there is some problem with yours we will deal with that at the war. Bring 'em if you got 'em. Just not anything crazy or dangerous. If you want yours back at the end of the war, mark them. Don't know how to make them? Slugs are effective, cheap and easy to make. This link is your friend. http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=21347
7. Players must be at least 14 years of age. If your parent or guardian is driving you, they will need to stay so we know you have a ride home.
8. This is not a democracy, but it is also not a dictatorship and I am open to suggestions about gametypes/rules. The goal is effective use of time, so if you have a good idea that is simple and quickly executed I am open to that. I am also very happy to accept feedback afterwards that will factor into future games.
9. Do not bring blasters that look like real guns. Bright colors are great. If your blaster looks scary we will ask you to put it away. Or we will put a silly bow on it. Most likely the former.
10. No blasters that shoot over 140 feet or so. You will only need so much range. I reserve the right to ban terrifying weaponry on the spot for any reason if necessary. Modded blasters will hurt, but there is a point at which it gets to be a bit much.
11. If someone calls a stop for any reason, stop. We stop for pedestrians or other unexpected eventualities that warrant stopping. This will happen in the area we are using so if anyone calls a stop just chill for a bit.
12. No melee weapons. Period.
13. Time is of the essence so try not to waste it. If we are picking up darts, help out. If we are gearing up to start a game, get your shit together and get in line. I will do my best to not be long-winded in explanations of games/rules and I ask that you be ready to listen when asked.
14. Don't be a bitch. Be nice. Play with honor. Don't try to cheat the rules or do anything untoward -- remember that this is a game! Gametypes are designed for maximum participation and minimum consequence so it is just not worth it. We will likely play a couple rounds where some sitting out will be required but this will not be the norm. If you are disruptive or unpleasant you will be asked to leave. Please don't make this necessary.
Team Deathmatch (3:15)
CTF (Unlimited Spawn)
FFA Pistols (Continuous)
King of the Hill (Stopwatch)
Thanks to Gunther, Dayko and FlamingHilt for rule/gametype inspiration!
Please reply so I can get an idea of attendance. Again, tell your friends! This first one might be a bit wonky but I am hoping to garner some local interest.
tuna the fish
NO ONE! SUCCESS.
Edited by Lizard Messiah, 02 August 2013 - 06:50 PM.