Titan Mod Idea

It Might Work

11 replies to this topic

#1 MasterCheese99

MasterCheese99

• Banned
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:04 AM

I have an interesing idea for a titan mod. You know the tube that has the valve on the end that when pushed in releases air. What if you cut it off and put on say... a at2k tank. I only think this would work due to the fact that once no air can get pushed out of that tube it starts chaneling it into the titan air tank. Right??? Id like some help on seeing if this would work.
"Soe teh crookeder my barrle iz teh fartherer my gun ill shuut?" "Uh Huh A 90 Degree Angle Works Best. and The Bigger The Barrel The More Accurate It Will Be." "O KEY DOKEY ARTICHOKEY"

#2 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:55 AM

I believe the problem with this is that neither the titan nor the at2k have their own check valves. When you would fire one it would release all the air from the other tank as well. You would have to rig it up so that both fired at the exact same time. I suppose it could be used for a tank expansion, but the titan doesn't really need it and the reason the at2k tank is good is because of it's small size to range ratio.

Edited by nisaburo, 30 July 2008 - 11:58 AM.

#3 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:41 PM

I think he means use the titan tank to refill the 2k tank.
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#4 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:56 PM

I think he means use the titan tank to refill the 2k tank.

If you've got a titan laying around already then why not? It would work like 3DBBQ's pvc guns, using one larger tank to refill the smaller tank which fires the dart. If your gun has the space for it then give it a try.

#5 MasterCheese99

MasterCheese99

• Banned
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:56 PM

I was thinking and what if you put a ball valve or other valve in between the two tanks (it would be on the tube in the main handle) it should work. You would have it open to fill the tanks and then close it to shoot the titan and open it again to shoot the at2k. also what is a check valve?
"Soe teh crookeder my barrle iz teh fartherer my gun ill shuut?" "Uh Huh A 90 Degree Angle Works Best. and The Bigger The Barrel The More Accurate It Will Be." "O KEY DOKEY ARTICHOKEY"

#6 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:10 PM

I was thinking and what if you put a ball valve or other valve in between the two tanks (it would be on the tube in the main handle) it should work. You would have it open to fill the tanks and then close it to shoot the titan and open it again to shoot the at2k. also what is a check valve?

Yes, with a ball valve this would work...sorta. There isn't much volume in a Titan air tank (compared to what you would need). You could probably get a few shots out of it, but each shot would greatly diminish in range. But, this isn't a terrible idea. Pump up your titan, fire off four AT2K shots (assuming you kept the turret on it) without having to repump (just working the valve). I think there are better ways to achieve the objective, but this could be a fun project to learn more about NERF blasters.

A check valve is a one-way valve. Air can go in but can't go back out. On your Titan pump and AT2K pump there is a check valve so that after you pump air into the tank it doesn't all come back out on the intake stroke.

Edit: Oh wait, I just re-read your post and it sounds like you just want an extra shot on your Titan. Yeah that will work just fine. If that's all you're trying to do then a check valve (or two depending on your preference) would be easier to operate. Just pump and fire, you wouldn't have to worry about opening or closing any valves, but a ball valve would still work. Open, pump, close, shoot, shoot. Good luck.

#7 MasterCheese99

MasterCheese99

• Banned
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:16 PM

Alright I was reading your post and it seems like alot of you mis understood me. I am just looking to integrate an at2k on the same pump as the titan not use it as a secondary air tank

#8 Shadow 92

Shadow 92

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:04 PM

I think the Titan's check valve is at the back of the pump, so it should work.

#9 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:30 PM

If you've got a titan laying around already then why not? If your gun has the space for it then give it a try.

I hate idea posts.

If you have what you think is a good idea, do it and post your sucess. People will like you for a good idea but they will like you a whole buttload more if you have a good idea and surprise us/me with your write up.

And if you want help, Pm somebody you know is knowledgable and hopefully they will give you a calm response.

Edited by Renegademilitia15, 30 July 2008 - 07:30 PM.

Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#10 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:32 PM

If the AT2K is anything like the 3K, you'd essentially have the same thing as my Double Titan. There's a link in my sig.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#11 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:52 AM

If you take the tubing that goes to where the hornet hooks up you can reroute that to the tank of any gun you want.
You don't need to add any extra hardware either since the checkvalve on the titan pump is already split. And you can cut out the crap from the A2K like the goo gauge and then just epoxy a hose barb into the back of the 2k.
I'd not plug the pump however. since that will help from blowing up the 2k while trying to fill the titan tank.

Edited by Blacksunshine, 31 July 2008 - 01:55 AM.

Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#12 MasterCheese99

MasterCheese99

• Banned
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:10 AM

Awsome that was my idea the whole time. I might actually do that. And dont worry about a plugged pump. The screws on my friking titan were glued in with a TON of glue so like 5 of the screws are stripped. (Any ideas on how t get them out)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users