Brass's Content

There have been 81 items by Brass (Search limited from 16-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#108775 If You Could Ask Hasrbo

Posted by Brass on 01 June 2007 - 03:38 PM in General Nerf

Thank you for posting on a two year old topic. Try to fix up your grammar. I can't understand a word you're saying.

#108781 Need Good Primary Idea's

Posted by Brass on 01 June 2007 - 03:47 PM in General Nerf

If you're looking for a loser weapon, try either a modded titan or Cxwq's B.A.M.F. if you want to try a homemade.

What the hell? Every time I type "sn-iper" it reads loser. Read Loser: Sn-iper

#109383 Recommend Me A Gun Based On These Specifications

Posted by Brass on 04 June 2007 - 03:42 PM in Modifications

A modded mav, like lord-of-the-ring said, is a nice indoor weapon, seeing as it has one of the best ROFs in nerf. Even after modding it, you can't get great range, but indoors it doesn't matter all that much. It's not a real easy mod, but is a very cheap gun at $8. A harder mod, yet a better weapon is the magstrike, also mentioned here, with full-auto, another gun with a great ROF. The magstrike lists for about $35, so if you really want an intro to modding, get a maverick or a night finder, seeing as they are the cheapest guns in nerf.

#110305 Pliers?

Posted by Brass on 09 June 2007 - 08:31 PM in General Nerf

Yes, but all hes asking is if its possible to take them out without opening the gun, and/or taking out the AR's

Eat it :D

God...
This isn't contributing at all, plus it's really annoying...
Just shut up. Really.

#110307 Easier Hornet Ar Removal

Posted by Brass on 09 June 2007 - 08:37 PM in Modifications

Because it's nothing new.

Why thanks.... Alot..... bastard

A word in SirTofu's defence, just because he's telling you what you should already know, doesn't mean he's a bastard. FYI, you can search to see if your ideas are original.

#110521 Easier Hornet Ar Removal

Posted by Brass on 10 June 2007 - 05:48 PM in Modifications

It still says "Bastard" because he quoted you.

He doesn't get to cover his tracks. That's because HE'S the bastard here.

#110523 Favorite Breakfast Food?

Posted by Brass on 10 June 2007 - 05:53 PM in Off Topic

EDIT: Quoted awful post.

No. Not funny.

#110774 Bbb Spring Replacement + Plunger Reinforcement

Posted by Brass on 11 June 2007 - 07:34 PM in Modifications

Holy fuck!
I'm definitely doing this mod.
I haven't heard of a BBB spring replacement before, but if it adds that much range, it's definitely worth a try.
One thing: If that industrial spring is twice as strong, you might want to reinforce the shell, so it doesn't break after contunued use.
PS: Nice guitar

#110779 Titan Missiles

Posted by Brass on 11 June 2007 - 07:46 PM in Modifications

Use search before you post next time. No biggie.

#110790 Cad

Posted by Brass on 11 June 2007 - 08:22 PM in Off Topic

I take CAD as a major in school and that's are goof around class. We just play Halo on the Computer and stuff, but once in a while I'll do some work.

But I know CAD costs a couple thousand and I'm wondering why.

Couldn't you just take like a mega USB drive and save CAD to it and then upload it to your own computer. I'm probably wrong, but I;d like to see why.

There is a company that makes insanely large USB's, about 64 gigs or something stupid large. That pirating idea just might work though...
On second thought, those USB's probably cost a fortune, I got a 128 meg USB for $10 on sale.

#110939 T.H.A. Darts

Posted by Brass on 12 June 2007 - 06:46 PM in General Nerf

Looks like a good idea. I'll try this, I just ran out of hot glue sticks anyway. My hot glue gun is tiny, so sticks for it are hard to find.

#111031 Clipped Maverick

Posted by Brass on 13 June 2007 - 08:38 AM in Modifications

Thing is, if you used this clip on a better gun, like a NF, you might be able to get the same great rate of fire on a much better gun. It is pretty good to get low 50s out of a mav, though.

#111036 Clipped Maverick

Posted by Brass on 13 June 2007 - 08:59 AM in Modifications

Brass, you couldn't do this mod to a nitefinder because the cocking mechanism does not slide forward after you cock it like in the mavrick, so the breech would not close. After you cock it, you would have to manually close the breech.

Didn't think about that. Sorry :(

#111057 Nitefinder Mod

Posted by Brass on 13 June 2007 - 12:53 PM in Modifications

Ronald, nice job stealing rex's "no angled shot" quote and his metal washer idea you dickhead. You cant get fuckin 70 feet you homofuck and you didn't even tell what size of brass you used. Don't post any more of these fucking useless, gayass posts. Oh and by the way...blow it out your ass you homo. Go have a three way with Christina and A man.....Duh!!!

Your (NOT) friends,

Rex and vincent

Fuck you and have a nice day. :(

Thank you zoob. That needed to be said.
EDIT: Wait, no it didn't.

#111177 Strap Ammo Holster

Posted by Brass on 14 June 2007 - 09:25 AM in Modifications

Instead of using CPVC, using little loops of duct tape would be a lot cheaper and easier to make.

#111196 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by Brass on 14 June 2007 - 11:24 AM in General Nerf

A BBB, a maverick and a nitefinder. They're all modded, but not well.

#111276 Maverick Shotty

Posted by Brass on 14 June 2007 - 07:46 PM in General Nerf

Let me start by saying this is not a modification of the mav. If it were, I'd post it in the mod section.
I got a new mav today, because my other one was shittily modded. I did some basic mods, nothing special. I was monkeying around with shooting multiple darts at one time from my BBB, which my nerfing friends and I call shotgunning, and I saw my new mav, so peaceful...
So I whipped up some fresh Stefans (For some reason I had a bunch of blanks lying around) and lo and behold...
Two of my Stefans (around 1.5'' long) fit perfectly each barrel of the mav turret. I tried it out, and although the range is decreased a bit (It sucks normally, anyway) shottyshelling in the mav works great.
This helps me out a lot, because the only thing I use my mav for anyway is really close range, when my BBB isn't loaded (I haven't done a clip mod) this technique brings out the best in my mav.
Instead of being able to fire off six darts in four seconds, which is great, I can fire off twelve.
Hopefully there are those of you out there who will find this technique useful.

#111279 Maverick Shotty

Posted by Brass on 14 June 2007 - 08:00 PM in General Nerf

Fuck the Mav man, it sucks balls.
Looks kill. :\

Yeah, I realize that but I find it really useful when my BBB is unloaded. I have to blow bullets down the barrel and all. THAT sucks balls, at least when you're caught reloading. That's what the mav is for.

#111294 Maverick Shotty

Posted by Brass on 14 June 2007 - 08:37 PM in General Nerf

By the way, my BBB is the same way, except my BBB fucking sucks balls I fucking hate it, but now its my only good gun.

Try PointBlank's mod, if it's possible with your BBB. It's impossible to mess that one up, because everything you do is undoable - no hot glue/epoxy/goop whatsoever.

#111295 The Barricade Buster/ Real Nerf Grenade

Posted by Brass on 14 June 2007 - 08:39 PM in Homemades

So, I am resurrecting this thread. Why? I had an apiphany! And yes, it hurt when it hit me.

So, take some music wire and make a 16 inch diameter circle with it and tape it together. Strectch some nylon fabric across the circle and cut it out some aobut 1/2 inch extra to the diameter. Now put the nylon on the bottom of the music wire or so you can fold the extra 1/2 inch over and hot glue it shut. You have now made a barricade buster.

I have not tried this yet, but I plan it. And with different material.

Necroing forgiven. You are a fucking genius.

#111301 Iphone!

Posted by Brass on 14 June 2007 - 08:45 PM in Off Topic

The iPhone comes out June 29, how much do you think it wiil cost? $300?, $400? , not to mention the plan!

Any other thoughts?

Definitely upwards of $600. I would get one but I'm not about to pay anything more than $15 for a phone.
I just buy stolen phones at school, I put my sim card in and good as new :wacko:

#111471 Mping V2 Paintjob

Posted by Brass on 15 June 2007 - 05:04 PM in Homemades

And plus, nerfer's is better.

Um... No.

#111475 Mping V2 Paintjob

Posted by Brass on 15 June 2007 - 05:07 PM in Homemades

nerfer909 is more compact but im sure that Qui'lan Fett's fill shoot farther

Aha, proof! I found this on another of nerfer's 5 billion threads about this one gun:

My Hose handle gun gets 145' angled.

If nerfer's get the same as a nitefinder, this means that Qui'lan's is better in range and looks. Yes, the blue/red mettalic paintjob is shit.

#111480 Mping V2

Posted by Brass on 15 June 2007 - 05:12 PM in Homemades

Sure it does...

You can't assume every hose handle gun is as shitty as nerfer's. God.

#111486 Nerf Gatling Gun

Posted by Brass on 15 June 2007 - 05:26 PM in General Nerf

Use a rubber band gun? *click*

Looks like if you made that rubber band gun yourself you would save maybe $200. It would be great if that kind of thing could shoot darts, but they're not self-propelling, like a rubber band (or bullet for that matter) so that probably won't work.I think the original idea with the rattler is good, so try that.

#111490 Mping V2 Paintjob

Posted by Brass on 15 June 2007 - 05:33 PM in Homemades

Mine has copper fittings, pvc cement, an endcap, and shoots taggers 145' angled and 3B missiles over 60' angled.
His hs hotglued together with a nickel as an endcap and shoots around 60' flat with micro's. Mine goes almost ad far with missiles than his does with darts.

That sounds like solid evidence to me.
n-strike: Are you and nerfer909 close friends or something? You're defending him when he is obviously wrong.
Not a smart thing to do.

#111494 Strap Ammo Holster

Posted by Brass on 15 June 2007 - 05:37 PM in Modifications

Instead of using CPVC, using little loops of duct tape would be a lot cheaper and easier to make.

Just wrap the tape around the dart sticky-side out, stick it on the bandolier, and cover in duct tape so the sticky part is all covered up...
It's not that fucking hard people.
As for the darts stayinging in there, it will be fine as long as you're not whipping people with the fucking thing.

#111495 What Is This Gun?

Posted by Brass on 15 June 2007 - 05:42 PM in Modifications

My friend has a bunch of old guns, SSI, Warthog, etc. but there is one that looks pretty good.
I have no idea what it's called.
It has 4 barrels, but they don't rotate. They just fire in succession, so apparently the plunger moves around or something. It's green and gray. Its a spring gun, and it gets about 30ft stock with stock darts.
So I have two questions.
1. What is it?
2. Is it moddable?
If I could get some help here, it'd be greatly appreciated.

#111497 What Is This Gun?

Posted by Brass on 15 June 2007 - 05:46 PM in Modifications

Pictures? It will make this alot easier.

Well its not my gun, and I'm going out of town for about a week, so It'd take a while to get pics.
If nobody's figured this out by then I'll get pics.
FYI, since I'll be out of town starting tomorrow, that means asking me questions will get you nowhere.
Good day.

#111578 What Is This Gun?

Posted by Brass on 16 June 2007 - 07:52 AM in Modifications

I'm thinking Ratchet blast. How do you cock it?

Can't remember how to cock it, but I looked on the site CS linked to and it's not any of those guns. That makes me curious. My friend's got two of them, so I might try to buy him off. He's afraid to mod any of his old guns, so he really has no use for them.

#111580 Having Problem With Reading Posts

Posted by Brass on 16 June 2007 - 07:58 AM in Site Feedback

I noticed it too, it's really pissing me off. It took me a full five minutes to read about how much of an immature dipshit someone was (check possibly the dumbest thread ever)

#111589 Homemade Air Tank

Posted by Brass on 16 June 2007 - 10:09 AM in Homemades

Here it is, a little sloppy.

Posted Image

When you or someone you know dies because of the nickel flying out and hitting someone, pretty much everyone on this forum will be saying, "I told you so."
Do you really need a ton of threads for this one homemade?
God dammit man.

#111590 Leakage!

Posted by Brass on 16 June 2007 - 10:12 AM in Homemades

If the one you have won't work after you put in PVC cement, try the air tank on Cxwq's BAMF. It's in the homemades thing. It's a good tank, and a good gun if you decide to make the entire thing.
I made one last summer, but the thing is that it's way to powerful to use in a nerf war without killing anyone, so I just keep it for novelty.

#112913 Need Help

Posted by Brass on 24 June 2007 - 08:51 PM in Homemades

There is a thread called "dartsmithing tips". Read it all. It will tell you everything you need to know to make stafans, and a hell of a lot more.

#112991 Air Restrictor Question

Posted by Brass on 25 June 2007 - 11:50 AM in Modifications

Oh my god!!!
Don't derail the damn thread and shut the fuck up. Take it to PM's.
Domi, once you've taken the restrictor pieces out, you can also increase the maverick's range by putting 4 or 5 pennies behind the spring, so it will be even more compressed, thus exerting more force.

#113020 Whoo Hoo I've Just Found The Ipb Default Skin Button!

Posted by Brass on 25 June 2007 - 05:36 PM in Off Topic

Ick. The other color scheme is disgusting. It seriously gave me a headache.
EDIT: Took a q out of gave.

#113120 Spano/ No Spam

Posted by Brass on 26 June 2007 - 10:01 AM in Nerf Wars

I live in the twin cities area, but I've never been to a nerf war that was organized online. Can you all fill me in so I can see if it works out?

#113122 Longshot Sopmod

Posted by Brass on 26 June 2007 - 10:05 AM in Modifications

Oh definatelly AssaultedByLongshot. We all LOVE to put torches into it because setting the other team on fire is REALLY what Nerf is all about. Why the hell would you put a torch into it?

He's from Australia. They call "flashlights" "torches". It's actually pretty obvious. Putting a flaming stick torch on a longshot wouldn't be a great idea, would it?
EDIT: Both Carbon and Badger beat me to it. So damn fast!

#113162 Mpcp (mass Producable Combustion Pistol)

Posted by Brass on 26 June 2007 - 04:34 PM in Homemades

And... How is this supposed to work?
No joke, I can't get how a spark would launch a nerf dart.

#113164 Spano/ No Spam

Posted by Brass on 26 June 2007 - 04:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks. I'll try to make it.