Strap Ammo Holster

sorry no pics (camera broke)

11 replies to this topic

#1 skate 4 life

skate 4 life

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 11:56 PM

Ok, first you get a long strip of duct-tape and stick it together so that the two non-stick sides are sticking out. Then, get some velcro that sticks on the back and stick it onto the duct-tape on either end so that it can stick together to become a circular strap. Next, you cut a bunch of inch-long peices of cpvc piping. Get a thin strip of duct-tape and use it to stick the cpvc onto the big strap. Put a little glue in the spaces between but not too much because you still want it to be flexible. And there you have it, a great ammo holster that is easy and cheap to make. :rolleyes:

Edited by skate 4 life, 14 June 2007 - 12:04 AM.

#2 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:21 AM

Not bad. I think I will try this.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#3 zoob

zoob

• Banned
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:17 AM

Thats cool Im going to make one of those. :rolleyes: :D :P

#4 Brass

Brass

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:25 AM

Instead of using CPVC, using little loops of duct tape would be a lot cheaper and easier to make.

Cussing, cursing, swearing, using profanity: All I have to say is why the hell not.

Because every time you do God kills a kitten.

Everytime you miss an opportunity to say 'fuck' I'm going to eat a kitten.

#5 MithMorchaint

MithMorchaint

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:40 AM

Not worth its own thread so I'll just add it in here as a possible alternative:

I made a similar ammo holder using a shoulder-strap from an old overnight bag. I was using the strap as a shoulder-strap for my longshot, and decided to add some extra functionality to it. I used a similar idea to you and cut inch-long pieces of PVC, then used a very thin wire (24 gauge brass, if I recall correctly) to attach them to the strap. I did this by forcing it through the strap material (as one would in sewing), then looping it over each PVC piece, holding them snugly against the cloth. Following this, I put some hot glue on to attach the PVC to the wire to prevent any sliding.

I'll post a picture later...kinda hard to explain, but I think the idea is pretty simple. I effectively made a bandolier that supports my LS.

#6 zoob

zoob

• Banned
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:00 AM

Instead of using CPVC, using little loops of duct tape would be a lot cheaper and easier to make.

Theere are two bad things about using duct tape, 1...it ia hard to make them into perfect loops, and 2...the darts don't stay in as well. Cpvs piping is 4 dollars for 15 feet...I think I can afford it.

#7 monkey with a nf

monkey with a nf

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:12 PM

Try 1/2" ID vinyl tubing. It's really cheap (less then even CPVC) and has just the right amount of friction with the darts.
QUOTE(Pineapple @ Sep 12 2007, 03:13 PM) View Post

For maximum efficiency?

1. Pump up. Count how many pumps.

2. Keep going until you hear a loud "bang".

3. Subtract one pump from the total. Rebuild your air bladder.

There you go.

#8 hard rockr

hard rockr

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:22 PM

That's a cool idea. If i can find any more CPVC, i might make this.
As Slash of GN'R says,"Any one can play guitar, but only the best can succeed."

#9 Texansharpshooter

Texansharpshooter

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:43 PM

A friend of mine made his holsters with the caps from crayola markers.
HERP DERP.

#10 skate 4 life

skate 4 life

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:08 PM

Try 1/2" ID vinyl tubing. It's really cheap (less then even CPVC) and has just the right amount of friction with the darts.

Thanks Ill try that but you know cpvc really is not that expensive.

#11 Brass

Brass

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:37 PM

Just wrap the tape around the dart sticky-side out, stick it on the bandolier, and cover in duct tape so the sticky part is all covered up...
It's not that fucking hard people.
As for the darts stayinging in there, it will be fine as long as you're not whipping people with the fucking thing.

Cussing, cursing, swearing, using profanity: All I have to say is why the hell not.

Because every time you do God kills a kitten.

Everytime you miss an opportunity to say 'fuck' I'm going to eat a kitten.

#12 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:00 PM

Very easy to understand, I made somthing similar to this but used those giant slushie straws instead of cpvc (works fairly well). I'll post a picture of the straw when my camera has fininshed charging.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users