Iphone!

Whatda think?

64 replies to this topic

#1 Matt31

Matt31

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:43 PM

The iPhone comes out June 29, how much do you think it wiil cost? $300?, $400? , not to mention the plan!

Any other thoughts?
"Yet another nominee for the douche bag of the year award." -FA24

"Who the hell died and made everyone the Nerf prophet?" -Piney

#2 Brass

Brass

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:45 PM

The iPhone comes out June 29, how much do you think it wiil cost? $300?, $400? , not to mention the plan!

Any other thoughts?

Definitely upwards of $600. I would get one but I'm not about to pay anything more than $15 for a phone.
I just buy stolen phones at school, I put my sim card in and good as new :wacko:

Cussing, cursing, swearing, using profanity: All I have to say is why the hell not.

Because every time you do God kills a kitten.

Everytime you miss an opportunity to say 'fuck' I'm going to eat a kitten.

#3 NerfFreak

NerfFreak

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:45 PM

Well, looking at Apples previous products, it looks like it might be decent. It's got some great features, and also has a faster internet connection than other phones.
Nuckin' Futz

#4 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:46 PM

Any other thoughts?

Definitely upwards of $600. I would get one but I'm not about to pay anything more than $15 for a phone.
I just buy stolen phones at school, I put my sim card in and good as new :wacko:

[Sarcasm] Wow man thats so suweet dude... Stealing phones pmgz hax i'm cool braahhhhh [/sarcasm]

Wow... The Iphone is shit. It doesn't even have a mechanical keypad... It will break in 2 weeks don't get it.
QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#5 Matt31

Matt31

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:52 PM

I also saw the Black Jack "smart phone" by singular which looks similar, and may be better quality,

Substance Abuse has a point, all my friends ipods broke in a jiffy
"Yet another nominee for the douche bag of the year award." -FA24

"Who the hell died and made everyone the Nerf prophet?" -Piney

#6 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:53 PM

Any other thoughts?

[Sarcasm] Wow man thats so suweet dude... Stealing phones pmgz hax i'm cool braahhhhh [/sarcasm]

Wow... The Iphone is shit. It doesn't even have a mechanical keypad... It will break in 2 weeks don't get it.

I'm going to bet that you're biased against anything Apple.

iPhone will probably work well and sell well, becoming, essentially, the iPod of phones. It'll be expensive, it'll do much more than anyone possibly needs something of that kind of machine to do, and new versions of it will come out every half year.

#7 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:55 PM

Estimates place the unit at as high as $599+tax for an 8GB edition and $499+tax for a 4GB edition. High end plans look to be around 100 a month(60 for voice, 40 for media).

For an 8GB edition that would make the first year cost just about $2000 with service plan.

Declination in price of about 20%/year for the units are expected to follow.

Edited by RAMBO, 14 June 2007 - 08:58 PM.

#8 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:59 PM

I also saw the Black Jack "smart phone" by singular which looks similar, and may be better quality,

Your a complete liar. The iPhones are not even on the market yet.... nice try though.

Any other thoughts?

I'm going to bet that you're biased against anything Apple.

iPhone will probably work well and sell well, becoming, essentially, the iPod of phones. It'll be expensive, it'll do much more than anyone possibly needs something of that kind of machine to do, and new versions of it will come out every half year.

No I love Ipods Im Just saying that the iPhone is going to be shit... I mean jesus christ the damn thing doesnt even have a keypad... Its going to get annoying having to use voice and touchscreen commands to get the phone every-day usable.

Estimates place the unit at as high as $599+tax. High end plans look to be around 100 a month(60 for voice, 40 for media).

That is absolutely absurd. I'll stick to my verizon chocolate phone and save the 400 dollars for other things (I typed "hookers" here and thought it was funny. OMC did not, so he changed it.)

OMC here again. I'm willing to bet you don't pay your own cell phone bill? Am I right?

Brass, ask your mother.

#9 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:00 PM

Hey "less than intelligent person" he said iPods, not iPhones. That's not absurd for the hardware in it. OMC fixed this post too.

#10 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:23 PM

If this flairs up into another argument between both of you I swear to god I will ban you both. I edited both your posts, so knock it off.
I hate you.

#11 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:24 PM

Anyone remember their first iPod?
I'm going to hang around for the iPhone v8.

On a side note, the sidekick/hiptop 3 just launched in Australia.
It's fucking insane.
I was on fucking msn.
On a fucking freeway.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#12 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:28 PM

I'd stick with the Mortorola Razr, or the Slvr. only reason to buy the iPhone, is if you have that much money and don't know what to do with it. But don't take me for example, I'm only 14.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#13 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:33 PM

When did Substance become such a loser bumfucker?

Anywho, I think the iPhone will make it's way into the hands of many just becuase it says Apple on it. I am VERY happy with my MotoKRZR K1. And as for the Sidekick 3, I grabbed ahold of it's powers from my friend on the bus ride home one evening and it almost made me change plans. I'm just not that big a fan of paying for media services. We are at the 1500 minute plan with Cingular. Very pleased with my service. They hate my Mom though. It's great.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#14 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:48 PM

Rambo He Said That I was against apple. Therefor I stated that I love ipods... Ipods=made by apple... not that hard to piece together....

Brass, ask your mother.

#15 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:23 PM

When did Substance become such a loser bumfucker?

Anywho, I think the iPhone will make it's way into the hands of many just becuase it says Apple on it. I am VERY happy with my MotoKRZR K1. And as for the Sidekick 3, I grabbed ahold of it's powers from my friend on the bus ride home one evening and it almost made me change plans. I'm just not that big a fan of paying for media services. We are at the 1500 minute plan with Cingular. Very pleased with my service. They hate my Mom though. It's great.

Ya Apple is the best. Also the Iphone is going to be awsome the keypad is digital and has auto correct. Here is a link to see how awsome the IPhone will be. Just click on the IPhone introduction link.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#16 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:30 PM

See, normally you provide intelligent reasoning for your feelings, not just, ITS AWESOME COZ ITS AWESOME LOLZ.

There are so many fatal flaws in the iPhone, but I believe they wil all be overcome by total fan-boy-ism. The iPhone is going to sell like mad simply because its an iPhone.

And seriously SubstanceAbuse, I read your other thread, stop being such a bitter shitcunt.

Edited by taita_cakes, 14 June 2007 - 11:37 PM.

Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#17 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:49 PM

It's so obvious. The first generation of iPhones are going to suck then Apple is going to release a "better" version (that still sucks) for more money. I hope they don't make a "iPhone Shuffle" and take out the screen.

Anyways, get a regular phone for way cheaper... if you really like Apple that much but you don't have the money to buy an iPhone when it gets released, just take your regular cellphone and write Apple iPhone on it.
Seriously though... don't get anything made by Macintosh, they suck.

Edited by six-five-two, 14 June 2007 - 10:50 PM.

#18 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:08 PM

It's so obvious. The first generation of iPhones are going to suck then Apple is going to release a "better" version (that still sucks) for more money.

Apple usually keeps prices constant, while increasing capacity and features, and/or reducing size. If features are roughly constant, size decreases as well as price. Consider a 1st gen iPod and a current gen Nano.

I hope they don't make a "iPhone Shuffle" and take out the screen.

Posted Image
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#19 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:23 PM

They put to pockets on pants for a reason. One for you cell phone, one for you music/media player. And for some, they ahve to buy a friggin' mini PC just so that they can call themselves the shit and others just plane shit. I dislike iPod and Apple for my reasons picky as they can be. The latest one though, because the older ones are now fixed, is that they want to sell as many video iPods as they can. So they jack the rpice of a little shitty 1 gig player up to 80~100 bucks and have a 30 gig player at what, 250? Clearly you see the better deal, and if you don't buy iPod as soon as you hear i, then you see my point. My other problem is also where they release updated version after updated version where they could have just sat back and gotten it right the first time. Look at Zune, nothing wrong with it yet.

They have just been that prep side to media players to me. The first media player I ever owned from a Rio. And I still have it. First iPod I ever touched it froze up on me.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#20 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:29 PM

Rambo He Said That I was against apple. Therefor I stated that I love ipods... Ipods=made by apple... not that hard to piece together....

You're referring to what now? That is not a response to what I said by any means.

Your a complete liar. The iPhones are not even on the market yet.... nice try though.

When I called you a retard, or whatever the hell it may have been edited to, I was talking about how you saw "ipods" in Matt31's post, yet you read iPhones.

Look right there, it's all right there for you to see.

On topic-
After a quick glance at the tech specs on Apple's website, I would never use the iPhone purely for the battery life. I mean, I expect this from Apple, I've never seen an Apple product that didn't drain a shitload of unnecessary power while in 'sleep mode'. Plus, the on-screen touchpad is another big turn-off. I don't know about you, but I don't like to smear my LCD screens.

They put to pockets on pants for a reason. One for you cell phone, one for you music/media player. And for some, they ahve to buy a friggin' mini PC just so that they can call themselves the shit and others just plane shit. I dislike iPod and Apple for my reasons picky as they can be. The latest one though, because the older ones are now fixed, is that they want to sell as many video iPods as they can. So they jack the rpice of a little shitty 1 gig player up to 80~100 bucks and have a 30 gig player at what, 250? Clearly you see the better deal, and if you don't buy iPod as soon as you hear i, then you see my point. My other problem is also where they release updated version after updated version where they could have just sat back and gotten it right the first time. Look at Zune, nothing wrong with it yet.

They have just been that prep side to media players to me. The first media player I ever owned from a Rio. And I still have it. First iPod I ever touched it froze up on me.

You do realize how much smaller the shuffle is, right? It's called miniaturization. Not just of the HDD, but of all the other circuits.

Plus, 250 isn't that great a price for a 30GB player either.

Edited by RAMBO, 15 June 2007 - 12:02 AM.

#21 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:33 PM

I doubt the iPhone is going to be good. To me, it looks like an overrated, overpriced phone with the iPod logo on it. Sure it has nice little features like the button sensor auto correct thing. And it can play music like an iPod. But, like RAMBO stated, for one year of service, it's going to cost you around $2000. That's rediculous for a phone.
I don't hate Apple, so I'm not just saying this because I think Apple sucks or whatever. I think the iPhone will be released for the same reason the Zune was released - just to try and compete with the market. Except all those hardcore Apple fans will actually go out and spend all their money buying one of these.
I'm perfectly fine having my iPod and my phone seperate. It's way cheaper, and it works just as good.

Does anyone know the battery life on one of those iPhones? iPods seem to have a low enough battery life, and that's just with playing songs.
Nevermind... Rambo beat me to it.

Apple should come out with something original. Maybe... An iRack... Yeah... Genius.

Edited by Retiate, 14 June 2007 - 11:36 PM.

#22 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:35 PM

I also think it's funny how they release 30gb iPods (I think it's higher now) and people buy them.. only using 1-2 gigabytes. Some guy in my class had one and it said he was only using 0.1% of all the space. What a dumbass.

#23 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:52 PM

Feedback resistance touchscreens haven't been completely perfected yet. Just to throw that one out there.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#24 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:12 AM

Rambo, you are treading DANGEROUSLY close to a ban. I just booted Substance for the weekend. Do not make me regret not banning you. When I say knock it off, i mean KNOCK IT THE FUCK OFF!

That means be a bigger person and DO NOT respond to stupid posts. It did not need a response. That is all.

For the record, Apple sucks it, hard. There ridiculous operating system is devoid of anything useful and is full of "flashy" and unnecessary bullshit. Widgets? Fucking awesome, let me fill up my "dashboard" and bog down performance. Yes I need to have a chuck norris fact generator and a make my own light saber thingie, but real applications, BAH!

Don't even get me started with their awful file archiving system. Mac OS is the worst. It's un-user friendly and a general pain in the ass to find anything. By the way, why hasn't apple gotten with the times? I "recycle" my stuff on a PC, but I still have to "trash" everything on a mac. With the rising of gas prices.....the er.....ozone depleting....global warming something or other......whatever I just know you HAVE to recycle.

Can anyone tell me WHY macs are better for graphics? I know graphic artists in the business for nearly 15-20 years and they can't tell me why. "Everyone knows they are better" or "That's just the way it is." Bullshit. Tell me why.

Fuck Apple. Fuck Steve Jobs and his stupid fucking Mock Turtle Neck. That asshole can't even wear a "real" shirt, only a "pretend" one. What the fuck is that? O yea, your logo and asinine keyboard key SUCK too.
I hate you.

#25 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:46 AM

Can anyone tell me WHY macs are better for graphics? I know graphic artists in the business for nearly 15-20 years and they can't tell me why. "Everyone knows they are better" or "That's just the way it is." Bullshit. Tell me why.

The difference isn't nearly as great as it used to be, but two reasons are:

1)Sub-pixel font rendering. On Windows, a typeface will be physically changed to fit into the pixel grid. For example, bolds are heavier than in print, and typefaces can look lighter than print. A Mac's font rendering is truer to the actual printed page.

2)Better color management. Workflow color management is overall better, as software solutions are built into the system.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users