frost vectron's Content

There have been 482 items by frost vectron (Search limited from 20-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#105379 Sig Help

Posted by frost vectron on 14 May 2007 - 01:07 AM in Off Topic

There are no pictures allowed in signatures.

As far as websites that will allow you to upload pictures, there already is a thread in the Site Feedback section.

Here it is : http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=1497

#108726 Petg

Posted by frost vectron on 01 June 2007 - 03:39 AM in Off Topic

EDIT: I thought of the wrong sample site.

Anyways, it is ideal for packaging things because it is clear. That's why you don't see PVC advertised as good packaging material.

#116657 Hello Messenger

Posted by frost vectron on 21 July 2007 - 03:58 AM in Off Topic

I also have to vouch for the Hello Messenger.

It's a streamlined messenger with awesome photo-sharing ability.

Hit me up. I'd love to share some hi-res photos of my works, though I'm not selling at this time.
ID: aoifrost

#105158 A Remedy

Posted by frost vectron on 12 May 2007 - 06:09 PM in General Nerf

You can also cut CPVC lengths and insert them.

#144620 Ss2 Problems

Posted by frost vectron on 10 March 2008 - 07:13 PM in Modifications

I would just get an enitrely new piece of vinyl tubing from the hardware store. Try to find one that matches the size of the current one. Get the old tubing off by twisting the tubing from the junctions using pliers (but don't bend or break off the plastic nubs that come out of the pump or tank). Use plumber's goop to seal it on there. Give it a day before applying any kind of pressure.

#105354 Brass

Posted by frost vectron on 13 May 2007 - 10:10 PM in Modifications

In all fairness, the first post hasn't been updated to include the 5 pages of replies and additional information, there's no "search in thread" function, and there isn't brass at my local lowes, as the first post suggests.

Actually, there is a search-in-thread function. Simply go to the topic of interest, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and there is a "search in topic" box/button.

#105200 Brass

Posted by frost vectron on 13 May 2007 - 12:05 AM in Modifications

Check this thread:
http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=5363

It is titled " WHERE TO BUY MODDING MATERIALS " and is stickied at the top of this forum. Please try to read stickied posts before asking. Good luck with finding the right materials.

#118415 Here To Say And Ask For Help.

Posted by frost vectron on 05 August 2007 - 07:03 PM in Modifications

I can assure you, that will NEVER happen.

Not everyone will like me here. That's never been a secret. However, to maintain the outstanding level this forum has, it is a necessary evil.

I like you, OMC.

He was banned for a great number of things. Ten seconds of searching and five minutes of reading would have answered his question about the maverick.

#117345 Need Some Advice From The Community

Posted by frost vectron on 27 July 2007 - 01:59 PM in Modifications

I don't know how large that orange barrel is, but is there any way to leave a small bit of it on?

Cutting it directly off will leave you less room to attach your new barrel. I find barrel replacements work best if you can use fittings/dremel to fit the new barrel inside or outside of the old barrel to make it sturdy. When you cut off the old barrel completely, you have to glue the new barrel on very small surface area or push part of the barrel inside of the plunger chamber (not good depending on how the plunger stops).

#105373 Bbb Problem

Posted by frost vectron on 14 May 2007 - 12:20 AM in Modifications

Regarding the white air restrictor piece, refer to this thread:

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=8376

I highly recommend that you leave it in.

#128559 Need Help On Repairing A Tek10

Posted by frost vectron on 04 November 2007 - 03:44 PM in Modifications

I'm not quite sure how a Tek10 cocking handle works, but maybe this will be of some assistance:

http://nerfhaven.com...t=ST&f=2&t=8867

#104763 First Gun, What Should I Do?

Posted by frost vectron on 09 May 2007 - 11:23 PM in Modifications

That gun is the SuperMaxx 250 I believe.

Check this out... it was just posted a few days ago:

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=8462

#122426 What Gun?

Posted by frost vectron on 08 September 2007 - 02:49 PM in General Nerf

It acutally looks like a Nerf Missile, not the arrow. Arrows are generally larger.

I'm not certain of the exact gun, but Missiles are used in older nerf guns such as: Missilestorm and the NB-1.

#123619 Where The Hell Did These Darts Come From?

Posted by frost vectron on 19 September 2007 - 10:42 PM in General Nerf

I have bought a gun off ebay that came with newer larami style darts.

Mine were green with pink tips, like the traditional Larami darts, but they were poorly made micros. I had these on a SM3k Blue.

#145986 Well, My Vortex Tornado Broke After 10 Years Of Use.

Posted by frost vectron on 20 March 2008 - 04:44 PM in General Nerf

I glued mine back and it works fine.

#103511 Yet Another New Guy

Posted by frost vectron on 01 May 2007 - 09:31 PM in General Nerf

Those are some nice guns, nerfturtle. The NF's look so tiny..

Cmdrmack, you needed a Firefly writeup?

Dang it... I modded mine a couple months ago, but I opted to not take pics because I saw several great firefly writeups already (in the mods section). There was one that handled removal of the AR's and there was another writeup that went into how to CPVC it. If you have questions or anything, feel free to PM me about it. I pretty much followed Sqiggs mod (though looking at Renegade's pics also helped).

I am also puzzled why everybody seems to hate the Firefly. After I modded mine, I had to say that it felt pretty bad-ass... I was pretty untouchable when I used it in a war (but then again, I'm always untouchable <_< ).

Speaking of which, I noticed you have the blue/yellow firefly. I have a yellow/black one--are there any major differences between the two? I know the wiring attaches to both halves of the blue/yellow shell making it difficult to fully assemble... but did they downgrade anything when the yellow/black came out?

#103540 First Person Assassin. The Hit On Kablammie.

Posted by frost vectron on 02 May 2007 - 12:30 AM in Nerf Wars

I think I speak for all of us when I say you should slap your camera on a longshot or some other incredibly high powered weapon of yours, Angel, and eat shit that kablammie from a billion miles away.

I would love to see that.

The camera mount is pretty bad-ass... I recently bought a lens that I wire to my camcorder to use as an in-car mounted camera during race events.

I figure in the off season I could mount it to a gun or something as well.. :P

EDIT: I just remembered the lens needs a power source--in a car, the cigarette lighter is available. Blah.

What kind of camera did you use, Angel? My digital camcorder is pretty huge/heavy because it's a DV-AVI camera. I don't think it's the most mount-able thing in the world...

#112322 What Is Your Favorite [blank]?

Posted by frost vectron on 21 June 2007 - 04:25 AM in Off Topic

Just do what I do and don't click on the 'Off Topic' link in the forum list.

I agree that it's an issue and I believe the administrative team is going to be taking steps to deal with it. The best thing all of us can do right now is have a little patience and behave on the boards. If looking at Off Topic pisses you off and makes you angry in your posts around NH, maybe you should take a step back and just stop checking the damn thing for a little while--or take a short break from NH in general.

#127291 Making Shipping Cheaper For The Trading Forum

Posted by frost vectron on 25 October 2007 - 04:13 AM in Off Topic

In my experience, the no-gasoline days were a complete waste of time.

So what. You didn't buy gas today. Nobody bought gas today. That just means they filled up a day in advance.

#106272 Idea For A New Homemade

Posted by frost vectron on 18 May 2007 - 06:33 AM in Homemades

As hard as it is for me to say this....

It seems that Carbon's S.N.A.P. series of homemades completely dominates the field of plunger-based homemade nerf guns. :P

He's done such a better job than I have with way more success than my old plunger guns. The trigger system he developed is incredible as well. Hats off to Carbon:

http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=6232&hl=

It's probably best to base your design off that.

#109673 Umbrella Gun?

Posted by frost vectron on 05 June 2007 - 11:34 PM in General Nerf

It's right here, buddy: http://nerfhaven.com...hl=umbrella gun

The gun is called the "National Geographic Jethawk" and yes, z80 has one that OMC calls the umbrella gun.

#145830 Who Wants Free Stuff?

Posted by frost vectron on 19 March 2008 - 03:54 PM in Off Topic

This is the first crap post you offer here?

Hi. This is a Nerf forum. I am a nerfer. If you want to be a member here, post things about nerf. If you want to post up these scams, get the hell out.

#116805 Shell Mod Question

Posted by frost vectron on 22 July 2007 - 05:47 PM in Modifications

I know what you're going to say: RFR SUCK DICK, GO BUY A BIG BLAST OR LONG SHOT.

Nobody said that. People simply gave you (good) suggestions.

#103977 A Work In Progress: Angel Bow

Posted by frost vectron on 04 May 2007 - 09:15 PM in Modifications

If I recall correctly, Angel's clips are at a slight angle and are not directly vertical.

#103884 A Work In Progress: Angel Bow

Posted by frost vectron on 04 May 2007 - 05:40 AM in Modifications

Good measurements,

my friend and I both will be performing Angel's BBB mod this summer. Should make us a slick pair on the field (by slick, I mean unstoppable).

I suggest getting a pipe cutter--it'll probably save you $$ on how many discs you're going to break.

I broke a lot of discs getting started with the dremel, but now it's pretty easy for me to not break a disc until it's almost completely worn down to nothing. A good clamp and dremeling posture is necessary.

#103945 A Work In Progress: Angel Bow

Posted by frost vectron on 04 May 2007 - 06:22 PM in Modifications

Have you tried JB-Weld?

Make sure to completely clean the surface off before moving on to trying a new adhesive. Residue hot glue could significantly weaken the bonding strength. You can also try to make grooves in the Brass to increase the surface area for bonding.

I myself would prefer a mechanical bond over a chemical (adhesive) bond, but it would require modifying the outer PVC significantly so you can fit a hose clamp or something on top of the sliding brass.

#110197 Dammit Arrowstorm

Posted by frost vectron on 09 June 2007 - 04:03 AM in Modifications

The Chainblazer has very similar internals as the Arrowstorm.

I posted a write-up not too long ago. Your best bet in replacing the little catch things is to buy some sheet metal (probably galvanized or stainless steel) and fabricate something yourself.

There's just too much stress and too little surface area for glue to be effective.

#104635 Help!

Posted by frost vectron on 09 May 2007 - 01:19 AM in Modifications

Really? I thought the Firefly was fairly robust.

I always thought of it as a beefier, more efficient maverick.

#129184 Double Shot Question

Posted by frost vectron on 09 November 2007 - 01:39 AM in Modifications

I don't own a double shot, but it sounds as if the PVC is pushing up against the air chamber for the seal.

Try using neoprene washers to bridge that seal. They are a little squishy, so you can get a tight fit without worrying about the gun not closing (since they'll squish to allow the gun to close). If I'm visualizing this wrong, let me know.

#105650 Bbb Mod Help

Posted by frost vectron on 15 May 2007 - 01:33 PM in Modifications

Use any paint that is labeled "flat" as opposed to any "gloss" spraypaints.

Krylon fusion flat colors and vinyl dye flat colors will probably be the best option.

There are both existing threads in the mod forum about krylon fusion and vinyl dye... just search for them both (they include tips on how to use, prepare, etc.).

#128284 What Did I Do Wrong To My Nf

Posted by frost vectron on 01 November 2007 - 09:19 PM in Modifications

It's not what kind of darts you're shooting.

It's how the darts fit and interact with the barrel you are shooting out of.

Some batches of 1/2" CPVC are tighter than others. Some are looser than others.

#104153 Collegespot

Posted by frost vectron on 05 May 2007 - 11:17 PM in Off Topic

Yes, shipping costs are a no-no for poor college students... :o

#104006 Collegespot

Posted by frost vectron on 05 May 2007 - 06:31 AM in Off Topic

Will there be selling and buying of sexual services on this site?

:P

Kidding, of course. Sounds like a Craigslist (where you actually can buy sexual services) for college students. Good stuff. Any nerf guns listed yet?

#114026 Raw Force

Posted by frost vectron on 01 July 2007 - 05:38 PM in General Nerf

As it is my gun, let me tell you:

It's an air pressure gun, not a cocking. The original stock ammo were large, red, sponge-like balls.

The airtank isn't all that large nowadays with the Titan in production.

The manufacturer is "YES! Entertainment Corp.", full gun name is "RADICAL AIR WEAPONS - The Force", and the copyright on the gun reads "1997".

Currently mine is modded to shoot large slugs made of pipe insulation, getting fairly good ranges for such a large piece of foam. I am working on a mod to shotgun micros, but I have been bogged down with other mods. When I finally get around to it, I'll be sure to document everything and give photos of the internals.

Also, if anybody else knows anything about the gun:
My check valve appears to be broken. My overpressure valve is plugged. When I pump the gun up, the pump handle starts to come back out (air is pushing it out).

#105177 Measuring Ranges

Posted by frost vectron on 12 May 2007 - 10:08 PM in General Nerf

I just used a tape measure too.

It was primitive, but simple enough. Simply pull it out 5 feet, then lay it on the ground. Chalk off where each 5' segment ends, pick it up and move it to the chalkmark. Add up each segment as 5' when reporting the range. Get as close to the dart range using 5' increments, then measure the last increment that is less than 5'.

The first time, though, I didn't think of chalk. So I was using random objects to mark the increments. Heheh..

#106237 I Need Help!

Posted by frost vectron on 17 May 2007 - 09:29 PM in Modifications

I lost one of the pieces so I cant glue them together. :(

Notice how he can't glue together since he lost a piece. :)

#105053 Ranges?

Posted by frost vectron on 11 May 2007 - 10:49 PM in General Nerf

I'm just going to take a moment to giggle at this statement.
Ranges are very subjective and the reported ranges of people that haven't accurately documented their method and conditions of measurement can be off by as much as 20 feet. The standard deviation in reported ranges is extremely wide, so take every reported range with a huge grain of salt.

Unless, of course, the range test comes from people that actually know what they're doing (such as yourself, CS)... :P

By the way Piney, that is one awesome looking SM3k Blue. I am going to get some soon (I hope).

#108585 Replacing The Spring In A Crossbow

Posted by frost vectron on 31 May 2007 - 05:02 PM in Modifications

One of two things is happening here:

1) The trigger catch is not seated correctly or is not catching for some reason. Your plunger may be upside down so the grooves don't fall into place correctly for the trigger to catch. The trigger spring might be too weak (I suggest replacing it anyways since you did a spring replacement).

2) The spring is simply too long. When it is fully compressed, it is still too large and won't let the plunger catch. This means your plunger isn't travelling the full distance it should be--the size of the compressed spring is longer than it should be.

#104941 Mavrick Question

Posted by frost vectron on 10 May 2007 - 09:27 PM in Modifications

Something similar happened to a friend's maverick..

I will be posting a repair writeup in a week and a half (if i'm still standing after finals week).

#123102 Cabano!

Posted by frost vectron on 15 September 2007 - 03:56 PM in Nerf Wars

Where is Tilden Regional? On google maps, there are a couple of them.

The weekend of the 20/21st in October is booked for me--sorry guys! I'll be in Atwater, CA competing in a closed-course motorsports event. I'm going to check all my exam dates for October right... now.

EDIT: Other than the weekend of the 21st, and October 2-3, I am fairly free.

I think we should call this "CABANO!" for California Bay Area Nerf Out.