• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:43 AM

Materials you will need:

Hot Glue Gun + Glue
Barrel material (about 16 inches)
Dremel or Saw
Screwdriver

Cut your barrel material down into four equal pieces. I cut them to four inches, but you can do any size you want. However, I wouldn't go much longer than 4 inches because the barrel would have a hard time rotating.

Posted Image

First, open up your gun. This should be pretty simple; there are not any hidden screws or anything else tricky.

Posted Image

Next take out the rotating barrel part and cut all the barrels down to the last little red section on the barrels.

This is what they should look like
Posted Image

Now take hot glue and go around the out side of barrel stubs and stick the barrels you cut before over the stubs. Make sure they are straight otherwise your gun won't be very accurate.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now, let this harden. You can put it in the freezer or just let it sit, it doesn't make much difference. For extra stability I glue an old barrel from a airtech 2000 in the middle of the pvc barrels. Its good for holding an extra dart also.

Posted Image

Ok, you are pretty much done, now all you have to do is put it all back to together. Make sure the cocking mechanism is facing like this, or the gun won't work properly.

Posted Image

Here is the finished pic:

Posted Image

I was getting a little over 30 feet with about the same rate of fire as the maverick. It’s still not a very good gun, but better than it was before

Edited by Slash Kiron, 09 May 2007 - 09:44 AM.

#2 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:55 AM

I love doing mods like this, just for the hell of it, to see if a crappy gun can at least do something. Good job on the mod, though shorter barrels may give you a bit more range.

TS

#3 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:14 AM

I love mods done on crappy guns.I would also reccomend shorter barrels.
Good thinking and creativity using an old AT2K barrel in the center to keep the cpvc stabilized.
I think this is the first SM250 I have ever seen. Consider it added to the directory.
Pretty good first mod write up.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#4 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:35 AM

A craptastic gun turned to something decent, in a very nice write-up. Well done. Extra kudos to you for it also being your first post.

Welcome to the Haven.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#5 RaZeR ShArP

RaZeR ShArP

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:44 PM

Hmm... The plunger seems about NF/TTG sized. Maybe, singled, it could be as good as the TTG.

-Sharpie
"If only you could upgrade to a bigger one. Double the length and watch as others cower in fear of your balls." -Shadow Hunter Alpha

"I had just used some silicone spray on the plunger, and saw a nice increase in range. So I told my wife that lubing up makes my balls shoot further." -Carbon

#6 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 04:00 PM

Nope, smaller.

I really like the sm250 though. Awesome grip/size. Gona Luger mine sometime soon.

Edited by Renegade, 09 May 2007 - 04:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users