Ranges?

sm3k n' at2k

10 replies to this topic

#1 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:45 PM

Does a sm3k or at2k gets better range modded? What are the ranges and which has a greater ROF
QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#2 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 01:00 PM

Is this cionsidered a "Which gun is better?" thread? I don't think you allowed to post this kind of hread. But, I'd got with the AT2K. You can more it easily. But if you can, buy an AT3k. It's like the SM3K, but less hevier.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#3 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 01:11 PM

I don't think that this is "which is better". Range is a concrete, empirical issue whereas "betterness" is subjective.

#4 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 02:43 PM

This was not intended as a which gun is better thread. I have had my eye on these guns and was wondering if they were worth buyying.

Edited by chefdave, 05 May 2007 - 02:44 PM.

QUOTE(crispy) View Post

It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#5 tacticaladvantagex5

tacticaladvantagex5

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 02:54 PM

This was not intended as a which gun is better thread. I have had my eye on these guns and was wondering if they were worth buyying.

What color SM3K are you looking at? If I remember right Yellow is best Blue is 2nd (but doesnt hold a candle to Yellow) and green is..ugh.

#6 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:52 PM

You're comparing apples to oranges, depending on your modifying skill.

I both are pretty comprable in range when modified, giving a slight advantage to the AT2k, only by experience, despite the fact that the SM3000's air "tank" is a bit larger. My SM3000 blue got ranges of 60-70 feet from 5 inch SCH40 PVC barrels (mega stefans for ammo) in the 8-shot turret, and that's why I integrated a side mounted SM 1500 single barrel, which could reach out past 100 feet with consistency.

But if you don't know what you're doing, you can basically ruin the advance on the turret of the SM3000. There are so many doohickeys that if you don't look carefully and remember where everything goes, you basically will end up single barreling it, which kills the whole purpose of modding a 3000.

Hell, I'd buy both of them. You can't find SuperMaxx blasters much anymore, and they're still my favorite genre of blasters (even more than the AirTech series, or today's line ups.)

Hey look, I found an old picture of my 3000 (rest in pieces);

Posted Image

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#7 bigbob

bigbob

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 09:40 PM

If you are talking about a single barrel I would say they are about the same. But if you are thinking of leaving turrets, the 2k will get much larger ranges, with a lower ROF.

#8 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:01 PM

The sm3k is green so I think I'lll stick with the at2k. Thanks everyone
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

#9 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:48 PM

Range is a concrete, empirical issue

I'm just going to take a moment to giggle at this statement.
Ranges are very subjective and the reported ranges of people that haven't accurately documented their method and conditions of measurement can be off by as much as 20 feet. The standard deviation in reported ranges is extremely wide, so take every reported range with a huge grain of salt.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#10 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:49 PM

Ranges are very subjective and the reported ranges of people that haven't accurately documented their method and conditions of measurement can be off by as much as 20 feet. The standard deviation in reported ranges is extremely wide, so take every reported range with a huge grain of salt.

Unless, of course, the range test comes from people that actually know what they're doing (such as yourself, CS)... :P

By the way Piney, that is one awesome looking SM3k Blue. I am going to get some soon (I hope).

Edited by frost vectron, 11 May 2007 - 10:59 PM.

Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#11 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:34 AM

Range is a concrete, empirical issue

Yes, but the subjective issues are thus confined to disagreements about the procedure for range testing, and it still isn't a "which gun is better" thread. :P We certainly can't ban threads about ranges.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users