Photo

Help!

Does anyone have a good threaed for suping up a FF?

6 replies to this topic

#1 the nerf father

the nerf father

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:06 PM

I love to use my firefly...the only problem is I can outshoot it by 20-30 feet with my modded NF. I was wondering if anyone could post a thread to mod a FF, my main weapon....using sidearms all the time just isnt as fun

The Nerf Father

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:08 PM

For future reference check the directory: http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7150
The Firefly is a pretty weak gun because it's built around the inefficient scout style plunger.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:19 AM

Really? I thought the Firefly was fairly robust.

I always thought of it as a beefier, more efficient maverick.
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#4 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:35 AM

Hmm, on closer inspection I was wrong about the plunger. But it's performance is so bad it might as well be a maverick in a larger shell with two extra barrels on the turret.
It would be interesting to see someone do a rather significant rebuild on the inside of one though.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 09 May 2007 - 01:39 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#5 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:00 PM

The stock spring in the Firefly is so much of the suck. That's at least part of the problem. I think the turret has an ok seal if I recall. Similar to the DTB or an AT3K. I've not looked at the guts of one of these things in a long time.

Look up mods for the dart tag gun and the maverick. The Firefly is kind of a cross between the two if I recall correctly.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#6 the nerf father

the nerf father

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:45 PM

For future reference check the directory: http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7150
The Firefly is a pretty weak gun because it's built around the inefficient scout style plunger.

Hey thanks for that link, its really helpful.

I do agree with you though, the FF isnt that good at all. I mostly use it because it can hold a lot of ammo(ammo that i find myself using for my NF).

I just was tired as using what would be refered to as a side weapon for my main weapon and i figured i would try to find a mod to make a good main weapon...any suggestions?

The Nerf Father

#7 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:48 PM

Yeah, do a spring replacment. That would help a whole lot, in fact, I'll try putting my old tech target spring in it now.

edit-Never mind. It doesn't fit.

Edited by shadowkid33, 09 May 2007 - 02:58 PM.

how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users