DoubleLnL's Content

There have been 99 items by DoubleLnL (Search limited from 01-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#27608 Nerf Vs. Paintball

Posted by DoubleLnL on 02 June 2004 - 11:22 PM in Articles

What I've actually been trying out lately is airsoft, which seems relatively inexpensive so far. I bought a $20 pistol (marked down from $30), an extra magazine, and 8000 BBs and I've been constantly playing for about... a little over a month now.

#27607 Avatar

Posted by DoubleLnL on 02 June 2004 - 11:17 PM in Off Topic

Well is it a good nerf movie?

#27605 Guitars

Posted by DoubleLnL on 02 June 2004 - 11:15 PM in Off Topic

Well personally I'm a bass player, but my friend has this sexy Fender Performer from '85. It's got just enough metal influence and plays better, in my opinion, than a Fender American Strat (which he has too).

#26878 Halo 2

Posted by DoubleLnL on 24 May 2004 - 04:07 PM in Off Topic

Whoa there Halfie, don't jump to conclusions. I don't know why you exactly said that (to make yourself feel special?), but calm down. Anyway, yes, I'd have to agree with you not to believe everything you hear.

#26663 Halo 2

Posted by DoubleLnL on 21 May 2004 - 08:09 AM in Off Topic

Yeah according to some magazine or another (I lose track) there are definately multiple halo's and 343 Guilty Spark is making a comeback. Oh it also said there was an 100% chance the flood would be there too.

#26658 Halo 2

Posted by DoubleLnL on 20 May 2004 - 10:05 PM in Off Topic

I'm sorry, what I meant was the SMG would have a faster rate of fire, but less accuracy and range. Sorry again.

Uche-uche, actually in my first post on this topic I did mention some levels would be on a Covenant world, also since someone had already mentioned the Covenant Carbine, I decided not to repeat what they had said. Hope this clears that up.

Oh and Nazgul_Lord, I'm almost 100% that it's not and that they are making a completely separate PC game of First Strike. As far as I know, First Strike is more of a prequel to Halo 2, just as The Fall of Reach was a prequel to Halo.

Check it out: http://firststrike.h...org/about.shtml

#26601 M6d Psitol

Posted by DoubleLnL on 19 May 2004 - 10:30 PM in Off Topic

The one that you said could burst through cardboard.

#26599 Halo 2

Posted by DoubleLnL on 19 May 2004 - 10:28 PM in Off Topic

Well Grinch, they aren't making a prequel as far as I know, but they are making a different game (Not Halo 2) for the book 'First Strike' which is the story of what happens directly after Halo for those of you who don't know. I love the books and have to say that Eric Nylund is a genius. Oh and by the way 'First Strike' has multiple SPARTANS (They weren't all killed!)

Also, on another note, I read in some magazine or another that they are introducing an SMG type gun that has a faster rate of fire than the assault rifle, but less accuracy and range, and improving its distance and accuracy. Oh and also new Covenant! From 'First Strike', they have the Brute (temple guardian), Prophet (ruling caste), and Engineer (peaceful, flood-looking, well... engineers)

#26521 Halo 2

Posted by DoubleLnL on 19 May 2004 - 08:08 AM in Off Topic

I just hate how the keep postponing it, but I guess it's necessary to make it the best it can be. I wonder what surprises they'll be packing into this one, because flood scared the hell out of me in the first one. So far I think the things I've heard is that most of the missions will be on a covenant planet and a few will be on earth.

#26468 M6d Psitol

Posted by DoubleLnL on 18 May 2004 - 04:31 PM in Off Topic

Hey Vintage, do you have instructions to that k'nex shooting gun you made?

#25672 Got Punk?

Posted by DoubleLnL on 07 May 2004 - 04:03 PM in Off Topic

Get Up Kids kick ass.

#25648 Painting Blasters

Posted by DoubleLnL on 06 May 2004 - 09:04 PM in Modifications

I'm using black and red krylon fusion to paint my nitefinders.

#25494 Age

Posted by DoubleLnL on 03 May 2004 - 10:36 PM in General Nerf

Gah! So many... run on... sentences...

#24590 Building A Custom Pc

Posted by DoubleLnL on 20 April 2004 - 07:40 PM in Off Topic

Hmm... maybe it would've been a better idea to add that at the end of your first post.

#24481 Rayno Recap

Posted by DoubleLnL on 18 April 2004 - 09:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Damn, you got that on video right? Right?! If you did, then I can't wait to see it.

#24464 Nerf Or Nothing Ii

Posted by DoubleLnL on 18 April 2004 - 12:55 PM in General Nerf

Awesome, here's an idea: Bullet-Time! I'm not sure how hard this would be and all, hey who knows?

Oh and could you hold two secondary weapons at a time? (2x LnL!)

#24206 Trigger Happy Noobs

Posted by DoubleLnL on 13 April 2004 - 08:30 PM in Off Topic

Where'd CKNO take place and how many people came?

#24028 Can't Find Pc Mod

Posted by DoubleLnL on 11 April 2004 - 10:19 PM in Modifications

Does anyone know the site where the mod to reduce the size of a PC is? I've searched google with all the keywords I can think of and I still can't find it.

#23980 Merry Men Of Michigan!

Posted by DoubleLnL on 11 April 2004 - 11:21 AM in General Nerf

Ya, I figured that, but it didn't have any definitions on the internet dictionary for it.

#23950 Merry Men Of Michigan!

Posted by DoubleLnL on 10 April 2004 - 09:54 PM in General Nerf

Haha, great Robin Hood Men in Tights quote.

EDIT: One thing I've never been able to figure out (or taken the time to do so), is what the hell fegelehs means.

#23888 Inner Tubed Clip Modded Rf20

Posted by DoubleLnL on 09 April 2004 - 10:12 PM in Modifications

Damnit! It seems that every original I think up gets taken away week! Actually my idea was to see if I could do that on a SuperMaxx 3000 (My friend was thinking about getting a package of four off of ebay). Ah well, looks friggen cool, props to you. Oh one question, can you explain to me how you inner tubed it?

#23886 Merry Men Of Michigan!

Posted by DoubleLnL on 09 April 2004 - 10:02 PM in General Nerf

The first guy on the right in the homepage looks like the shiz. Other two are just sorta wacky.

#23769 Super Sniper

Posted by DoubleLnL on 07 April 2004 - 10:12 PM in Homemades

Damn, took the words right out of my mouth, superintendent.

#23610 Haha Funny

Posted by DoubleLnL on 05 April 2004 - 10:13 PM in General Nerf

Haha, this is the funniest thing since BigHaul.

#23477 Database Cleanup

Posted by DoubleLnL on 04 April 2004 - 09:57 PM in Site Feedback

Nice idea. It all ways bugged me that some people join just for the hell of it and don't post every so often. 

I wonder how many members NHwould be if we didn't include those people (and/or people who have been deleted).

#23475 I Need Help

Posted by DoubleLnL on 04 April 2004 - 09:41 PM in General Nerf

tek= Airtech? As for the 12, well he's got me there.

#23474 Vortex Duct Tape Ammo

Posted by DoubleLnL on 04 April 2004 - 09:34 PM in Homemades

On a semi-related note, are the only differences between the Tornado and the Tornado X/2 the stock and the color?

#23473 Sniper

Posted by DoubleLnL on 04 April 2004 - 09:32 PM in General Nerf

Well I guess that settles it! :P

#23471 Trigger Happy Noobs

Posted by DoubleLnL on 04 April 2004 - 09:23 PM in Off Topic

After a few grammatical and spelling changes...

You sir, should write a book.

Ahahaha.... that's gotta be one of the top ten funniest things I've ever heard.

#23456 Vortex Duct Tape Ammo

Posted by DoubleLnL on 04 April 2004 - 07:05 PM in Homemades

Well sorta. My friend used only one layer of duct tape and then I tried it with 3 or 4. Ompa, stirring straws have always seemed unflexible to me. Whenever I bend them, they tend to bend at 90 degree angles, which aren't very suitable for wrapping around a toilet paper tube. What I could try, though, is wrapping more layers around of duct tape around the front than the back, so that it would gradually slope from one end to the other like texmustache. Since I don't actually have any Vortex rings or have seen them in person, I am just estimating on their length and thickness. Thanks for the suggestions.

#23454 Trigger Happy Noobs

Posted by DoubleLnL on 04 April 2004 - 06:56 PM in Off Topic

For some reason when ompa said THEY'RE ON ME, a weird Tolkein quote flashed into my mind.

We cannot get out. We cannot get out. They have taken the Bridge and the second hall. We cannot get out. The end comes. Drums, drums in the deep! They are here.

#23412 Vortex Duct Tape Ammo

Posted by DoubleLnL on 04 April 2004 - 01:06 PM in Homemades

After reading about ItalionStallion using lightsaber rings as ammo for Vortex guns, I started to think about other ways to make them. My friend just recently discovered he had a Tornado X/2 but none of the rubber rings. First he tried one just out of a couple layers of duct tape despite my warnings. He managed (somehow) to get it stuck behind the whole bolt system. So after fixing that all up, I cut a large toilet paper tube to the correct length, adjusted it to fit, and wraped a few layers of duct tape around it to hold it together.

It was a bit of a tight fit, but slid on after a bit of force. I stood at the end of my kitchen and tested the new ammo. The results were not as good as I had hoped, as the new rings flew only about 20 ft and curved down and to the right after 15 or so. I think it did that because the ammo isn't exactly round. After I get done with my pile of homework for the weekend, I plan on trying to make one out of many layers of duct tape instead of just a few. Snce my idea didn't work out very well so far, I was wondering if you guys had any ideas or improvements you think/know would work well.

EDIT: Oh and on another topic, until just recently I had no idea that my friend with the Tornado X/2 was actually BigHaulOfNerf. He said he plagiarized (sp?) because he wanted to be "in". He can be pretty queer when he puts his mind to it.

#23408 Xxl Racket Launcher

Posted by DoubleLnL on 04 April 2004 - 12:45 PM in General Nerf

Cxwq, has wolf ever gotten your name right?

#23406 Blow Guns?

Posted by DoubleLnL on 04 April 2004 - 12:38 PM in General Nerf

No, I didn't mean he bought it specifically for nerf. He just uses it when he's not using his Sharpshooter II. He mostly goes out with the blowgun and kills squirrels, etc.

#23405 Trigger Happy Noobs

Posted by DoubleLnL on 04 April 2004 - 12:36 PM in Off Topic

Sounds like some sort of strange pet.

My nooblets, they're hatching!

#23356 Xxl Racket Launcher

Posted by DoubleLnL on 03 April 2004 - 11:27 PM in General Nerf

Hehe, what a dork. I wonder if he did that on purpose or accidentally because the 'o' seems along way from the 'a'.

#23354 Blow Guns?

Posted by DoubleLnL on 03 April 2004 - 11:22 PM in General Nerf

My friend bought one from cheaperthandirt that uses needles and "stun darts", which are little plastic peg-type things, that are appropriate for nerf wars.

#23352 NH Grand Jury

Posted by DoubleLnL on 03 April 2004 - 11:19 PM in Off Topic

ItalionStallion, did you not vote yes? It says only three voted yes, including me. Dunno, oh well.

#23263 Guns

Posted by DoubleLnL on 03 April 2004 - 12:10 AM in Off Topic

Well I can't say I've fired anythin beyond shotguns, but I'm really interested in the P-90 and its clip system.

#23193 Flash Bang Nf And More

Posted by DoubleLnL on 01 April 2004 - 08:18 PM in Modifications

Whoa, that'd be awesome. By the way, has anyone attempted something like that before? If so, how'd it turn out? I'm not sure how well sleeping rotations would work, but nighttime raids on the opposing camp would be fun as hell.