I Need Help

14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_wolf_*

Guest_wolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2004 - 07:09 PM

i need help i m trying to midify a tek12 gun but i cant figure it out since i m stupid so could u guys maybe help if u have done it?

#2 Blaster

Blaster

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 07:15 PM

Well if you haven't gotten this already, Welcome to Nerfhaven. Anyways on to your problem. I'm not really sure what kind of gun this is. However if it is a spring load gun a simple mod is to just stretch the spring. Also you could use rubber bands on the plunger, both of these will increase your range. Oh and by the way you might want to use proper spelling/grammar/punctuation, etc. etc. If you just read the Code of Conduct above you'll see everything you need to know. If you want any additional information try typing in the name of the gun into the search engine. That's all I have to say, and enjoy your time at the Haven.
"The voice of the American people has been heard; and, I won't imitate it, out of respect for the retarded."
— Lewis Black (concerning the 04 election results)
www.lewisblack.net

#3 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 07:32 PM

As of right now you've made 7 completely unintelligible posts. We've been extremely lenient. Are you six years old? Do you ride the 'special' bus? If so, PM me and we may be able to work something out. Otherwise I'm likely to delete you very soon.

Enjoy your stay.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#4 Guest_wolf_*

Guest_wolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2004 - 11:24 AM

wow I'm sorry I'm just trying to get help butyour all fussy

#5 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 11:37 AM

If you try to make your posts even near understandable, you might get a little farther. Right now you sound like your shift keys, along with 7 fingers are broken. There are space bars, shift keys, and other assorted punctuation keys that can, if used properly, make your post easier to read than a babboon's handwriting. As you've already made 12 unintelligable posts (two of them in the same topic 5 minutes apart...), you're probably going to get banned now anyways. Read around, stop posting everything. Even better, go to NHQ. Leave us normal people the fuck alone!
Spectre of the CFM

#6 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 12:04 PM

Ugh... every place has rules Wolf, this place is no exception. READ THE CODE OF CONDUCT!!! It clearly states what you must do to remain a member, and you have either not read it, or are ignoring it. both of those actions simply show that you need some time to think about your actions. Also, CXWQ is the administrator here, and he makes the rules. You listen to him, or you get kicked. We understand you are trying to get help, but if you would try to ask in a more understandable manner, you might not be bashed around so much.

~ompa

#7 Guest_wolf_*

Guest_wolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2004 - 05:16 PM

:cry: Okay, sorry I messed up but correcting my earlier post (I did use the search engine this time it came up with nothing) I need help to possibly repair a tek 10. ;)

Edited by wolf, 05 April 2004 - 10:44 AM.

#8 Blaster

Blaster

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 09:24 PM

tek 12

Is this how you actually spell the name of the gun? Just wondering, because I tried researching it on the internet but couldn't find it. Then I tried tech 12 but that also did nothing. I'm going to try again, but please let me know if this is the actual name.
"The voice of the American people has been heard; and, I won't imitate it, out of respect for the retarded."
— Lewis Black (concerning the 04 election results)
www.lewisblack.net

#9 DoubleLnL

DoubleLnL

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 09:41 PM

tek= Airtech? As for the 12, well he's got me there.

#10 Oroku Saki

Oroku Saki

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 10:33 PM

He's talking about the other off-brand Nerf guns made by Honey Bee Toys or whatever. I have a pair of their Twin Tek Pistols, but I do not know about the mechanisms in the Tek 12. In my opinion, these guns are way too shitty to modify. I would recommend maybe expermenting with the mechanisms a little bit (Stretch the spring, replace the barreling with CPVC), while keeping the basic mechanisms intact.
"Do you like gladiator movies, Johnny?"

#11 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 10:47 PM

Yeah, I believe the tek series guns are all the rough equivalent of SM250/350/AT1k plungers with various barrel counts. They could have their place in indoor wars I suppose.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#12 neonerfer

neonerfer

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 11:03 PM

Awwww a brand new noob. He's so cute and defenseless.

There should be air restrictors that look like (II) on the ends of the pegs that the darts go on. Cut those off and file them down so they look like (O). That'll improve airflow. Use red nerf brand micros instead of the missiles the probably provided you, they'll go alot farther and are much more accurate. I prefer the nerf brand multi barreled pistols just because they seem to be more reliable and shoot better for indoor wars. I wouldn't try to open it up because you'll probably just fuck it up and not be able to get it back together.

You're probably just better off getting an Airtech 3000, Powerclip, or Maxx Shot, and you can find out how to modify them here. They're much better guns. If you don't try to type less like a retarded :P raised on AOL, you'll probably just be banned.
"Do not question that which is. Question that which will never be."

#13 Oroku Saki

Oroku Saki

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 12:18 AM

Actually, the darts that come with these guns are very close to stock Nerf darts, only the suction cup is slightly different. If I had the Tek 12, I would probably end up mutilating the rotating barrel, and Crayola mod it.
"Do you like gladiator movies, Johnny?"

#14 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 12:58 AM

Never heard of the Tek Twelve, unless he means an AirTech 4k. If he means the Tek 10 by Honey Bee Toys, it's a great gun for indoor wars. Just make sure you get one with round barrels instead of the weird hexagonal ones with the strange pins inside that snag and split your darts when they burst them. Otherwise, you have essentially a semiautomatic gun that cocks quickly. Leave it alone, you'll get 25-30 feet with deadly accuracy, fine for indoors. If you're playing outdoors, look for some Nerf name-brand air-pressure tank gun to stick some new barrels on.
NERF OR NOTHIGN!11!eleven!!!one!!!one!11!!!!onhoundredandeleven!!!!!

#15 Guest_wolf_*

Guest_wolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:48 AM

Yes I do mean the tek 10. Sorry and thank you cxwq for not insulting me. I'm trying to not get on your nerves as much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users