navyseal849's Content

There have been 38 items by navyseal849 (Search limited from 25-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#241151 Longshot Carbine With Custom Cosmetics, Total Reinforcement

Posted by navyseal849 on 09 July 2009 - 06:40 PM in Modifications

Holy crap!! Someone made a first post with proper grammar and did not sound like a 6 year old! Congratulations!
Anyways, it looks good and I can't wait to see it finished.

Hey! I did that! I think...
Errr this might sound a tad stupid but what is the part under the boltsled? I don't recognize it...At first sight I thought it was the plunger...Wait is it the plunger AND plunger tube?
It would be pretty sweet of you integrated an eliminator where the bipod used to be...Or two eliminators...If you want the LS completely minimized keep the stock off. It's more of an assault rifle that way. Besides I would feel better if I knew someone else was doing it.

#241149 Crossbows

Posted by navyseal849 on 09 July 2009 - 06:27 PM in General Nerf

I don't own a crossbow. I have never HELD a crossbow. But as far as I have heard they have range, comfort, reliability and rarity. The only things that are missing are RoF and ammo capacity. Ok, I'll dish out $40 for it. If its previously modded maybe $100.
If you are requesting we move on from crossbows then sure thing, I bet plenty of people (including me) are willing to do that. Why not replace it with the BBB or BBBB? They have range, not so much comfort, reliability and not much rarity. The only things that are missing are RoF and ammo capacity. Ok, I'll dish out $20 for it. If its previously modded maybe $80. They also happen to be easier to find, you don't need to spend ages looking for someone who will sell you an Xbow for $200 when you can go to Target and get a BBB for $20. BBB's are only in production for certain companies, soon they will become as rare as an Xbow. Just give it 15 years. Oh you want a gun like Groove's? Slap a NF onto the BBB and your all set!
That's my opinion, I personally don't want a Crossbow, BBBB, BBB or a +bow. I prefer RoF and capacity. I'm just waiting for the Raider to come out. Once again, that's my opinion and correct me if I gave any incorrect information.

#239846 Pa War

Posted by navyseal849 on 02 July 2009 - 04:55 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a maybe. How long is it going to be do you think? My mom is annoyed because every war in PA I find is like 9 hours.

#239845 Recon M4 Mod

Posted by navyseal849 on 02 July 2009 - 04:52 PM in Modifications

The recon is supposed to look like an M4, it even has the bottom tactical rail like on a real M4 and the light and a ladder sight thing. Nice mod, you should try and make all the other attachments for it! I normally don't like cosmetic mods but thats something. Did you see the "grenade launcher" attachment Darken posted? Its on the first page in modifications. I think its strange that in the past week there have been like five posts about M4 recons.

#239773 Crno The 3rd

Posted by navyseal849 on 02 July 2009 - 11:55 AM in Nerf Wars

I am almost 100% certain I will come, I might need to borrow a primary as I'm selling my longshot and with the money from it I will be buying and modding a BBB.

#239478 What To Put My Titan Tank In

Posted by navyseal849 on 30 June 2009 - 08:04 PM in Modifications

If you are really afraid of it falling then use something to create a shell around where the turret would be or (I don't have a titan so I wouldn't know) if the tank is small enough to fit in the maverick turret shell (without barrels just the casing) try that. Maybe with a little cutting you could put a firefly turret in and case the tank in that.

#239464 How To Integrate A Firefly Turret

Posted by navyseal849 on 30 June 2009 - 06:34 PM in Modifications

Wait so you manually rotate the turret and the mechanism clicks it into the right place?
Im assuming you could do this with a maverick turret also? (With slight modifications) That seems like it could be better on smaller guns...

#238865 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by navyseal849 on 27 June 2009 - 08:28 AM in Modifications

......Awesome. It might help to make the mav barrels a tad shorter? Did you lose range with the mav turret? I don't know if this would work, (because its a mav) but you might try and make a hotglue seal like on the doomsayer.

#238709 New Nerfer Database

Posted by navyseal849 on 26 June 2009 - 08:03 AM in General Nerf

I was bored and clicking everywhere on the map, I saw that Splitlip was up twice? Does he have an evil twin that I'm not aware of? Someone should probably fix that.

#238623 Gametypes For Very Small Nerf Wars

Posted by navyseal849 on 25 June 2009 - 07:32 PM in Nerf Wars

My friend and I like having little wars, recently we stopped inside wars because I have a stairwell thats just TO easy to defend. So now we go outside. I found with 1 v 1 its fun to have lots of outdoor cover and do one hit one kill. At one point my friend rushed me with a firefly and held a baby pool infront of himself like a shield. I reccomend using guns with similar capacity and everyone starts with the same amount of darts which is usually like 15. (Like if you are using a firefly and your enemy has a recon he gets 6 darts in his gun and 9 in his pocket while you get 8 in your gun and 7 in your pocket.) For three player things its fun to do every man for himself or to do something where its two vs one and you have to kill the one guy where the one guy has to survive like 5 minutes the otherguys have to kill him but give the one guy a pistol (best played indoors). I don't reccomend this but if you get really bored set up plastic cups and shoot them down, make some harder to hit (IE put them farther away, partially covered or just smaller cups) and make the hard ones worth more points for getting shot.

#238595 How Did You Break Your Longshot?

Posted by navyseal849 on 25 June 2009 - 05:50 PM in Modifications

I've never ever heard of a boltsled breaking under a NF spring but it is definetley a good idea to reinforce the boltsled with something, maybe make a metal one. I highly reccomend you reinforce it if you are going to be using something like a BBB/LS combo or stronger.
By the way your link doesn't work.

#238181 Longshot Recon /lr-7

Posted by navyseal849 on 23 June 2009 - 01:40 PM in Modifications

Wait I was looking at the gun again and does the front gun still fit on? I don't think so but just checking.

#238146 Longshot Recon /lr-7

Posted by navyseal849 on 23 June 2009 - 08:31 AM in Modifications

Nice idea, singling a LS for power then attaching a Recon for RoF. I think I definitely prefer trying this instead of a front gun integration. This might sound stupid but do you know if there are blue recons? I haven't been able to find any.

#238058 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by navyseal849 on 22 June 2009 - 07:22 PM in Modifications

I call it the Thunderhawk, its a maverick with the bottom of a LS magazine attached, I made a cardstock clip that holds six darts that I place in the magazine. Its stable, I have only had the clip fall out of the magazine once, (I was shaking it up and down for a minute) but the magazine is stable and I tested that by running around my house for a few minutes firing it occaisonally. It's mostly cosmetic but I added the clip inside the magazine for easierish reloads. It's just fun to fire sideways!
Posted Image
Plain view
Posted Image
With clip
Posted Image
The clip halfway out.
Sorry about the big pictures and yeah, I took a sharpie and added detail, (the fake bolts and grooves)
That splotch on the clip is my simplified signature.

#237960 De-singling Your Longshot Update

Posted by navyseal849 on 22 June 2009 - 09:35 AM in Modifications

Is performance better then an angel breeched longshot do you think? Is it easier then an angel breeched longshot?

#237632 Longshot Back From The Dead

Posted by navyseal849 on 20 June 2009 - 12:55 PM in Modifications

Safety first! Wait so this might be me not understanding singled longshots but the 17/32 brass acts like the dart tooth? If so does it restrict the gun? If not what is it for?

#237452 Raider Preview

Posted by navyseal849 on 19 June 2009 - 04:04 PM in General Nerf

Have you seen decreases in power yet since its newness is wearing off?
After light use and about a month my stock Firefly is down from 40 feet with taggers to like 20-30.

#237401 Crno The 3rd

Posted by navyseal849 on 19 June 2009 - 12:34 PM in Nerf Wars

I might come.

#237117 Ls Clip

Posted by navyseal849 on 18 June 2009 - 11:38 AM in Modifications

Try unscrewing the bottoms and then at the hinge thing stick your fingernail under neath it and pull it should come off, to put them back together pop them together and then screw.

#236983 The Guns You Don't Use Anymore

Posted by navyseal849 on 17 June 2009 - 06:25 PM in General Nerf

I don't use my reactor or buzzsaw. Anything that requires balls I don't use.

#236918 Raider Preview

Posted by navyseal849 on 17 June 2009 - 12:55 PM in General Nerf

Look this isn't much of a range gun its more of an indoor/"fun gun" this gun has just about the moding potential of a Recon.
However it does have the 35 shot MAGAZINE witch might be helpful in a Longshot.

Not quite true, with just the AR's removed you get a top of 68' from it according to Ice's video. Though you can't really use most stefans you could use converted streamlines or longer stefans and get better/consistent ranges around 50-60 (fired flat) I am guessing.
Here is the link to firing test:

#236896 Raider Preview

Posted by navyseal849 on 17 June 2009 - 10:39 AM in General Nerf

I think I might get this as an alternate to my "fugly 47" (a 70' Magstrike with ugly modding). Also, the firing looks rather unreliable.

How does it look unreliable? He cocked it and then fired it. What went wrong?

The distances were rather spread out. I'm not sure I like that in a gun

That is with stock steamlines, unless you will be using stock darts with your raider I think you're good. If you are using steamlines do what I do, cut off the rubber tips and then give them a hotglue dome then trim them down about 1/8-1/4". I did that to my streamlines and I am getting consistent fire from my LS.
Slightly off topic and for people living in Philly: Is Five Guys really that great? My sister loves it but I have never gone there.

#236487 Raider Preview

Posted by navyseal849 on 15 June 2009 - 05:09 PM in General Nerf

Bet its just sideways LS internals...Can't wait for internal pictures

Hey Moron, did you watch or read ANYTHING before you posted?

Yeah I did, the post doesn't say ANYTHING about the internals and in the video there is no 100% proof of a reverse plunger. And don't call me a moron.
Did you read this?

@Wisp: He says it's more like a Longshot than a recon and there is no turning needed.

#236449 Raider Preview

Posted by navyseal849 on 15 June 2009 - 02:29 PM in General Nerf

Bet its just sideways LS internals...Can't wait for internal pictures

#236419 "2009 Dew Tour"

Posted by navyseal849 on 15 June 2009 - 12:00 PM in General Nerf

Rather then trying to bash an official Nerf tournament, this could be a great opportunity for the nerfers that live in the cities the Dew Tour is visiting. Put a team together with local nerfers, and after you're finished "raping the competition" let the other attendees know about local wars coming up. Make up some pamphlets and pass them out, I'm sure you'll get a few new faces to show up.

I guess that could get more people to show up at wars but will they have modded guns at the wars? Probably not. They'd get smushed from 80 feet away and they probably wouldn't have fun they would probably just be bitter.
In my city, Philadelphia, their is an event once a week downtown, basically a ton of kids and adults get together and have big wars with foam swords, axes, shields, bows (don't ask how), daggers etc. that they make or buy/trade with each other. I used to do it sometimes but people would lie about hits or they would be like five and would just run around with a dagger ignoring hits and stabbing people. They used to allow nerf guns but they took them out because of fast reload time and freakish range (compared to bows that shoot about 10 feet and swords), while everyone else flounders around with swords. It just didn't work, it was fun I suppose but their are to many people who will lie and just be stupid. Generally if you nerf you are to dedicated to the hobby to get a bad reputation from lying etc. and you know its a game.
The dew tour would just be like that, a bunch of kids lying and being annoying.

#236407 Ls Dart Peg Removal

Posted by navyseal849 on 15 June 2009 - 11:15 AM in Modifications

Thanks guys, I ended up taking a flat head screw driver and hammering next to the peg, one support fell off but the other is intact and it is working perfectly fine.

#236169 Ls Dart Peg Removal

Posted by navyseal849 on 14 June 2009 - 10:11 AM in Modifications

Well, I need my LS to fire stefans and so I want to take the post out, but how do I do it? I searched and the mods I found weren't detailed on it and the people who asked similar questions got crypticish answers (I am a picture person). I am assuming I could either, A, take a drill and drill out the peg from behind, but do I leave the peices that hold it in place? B, take a knife and cut the sides of the things that hold the peg right next to the peg, or lastly just straight cut the peg and the things that hold it up out?
This summarizes the methods I am wondering about.
Posted Image

#235812 When An External Air Source Becomes Cheap

Posted by navyseal849 on 12 June 2009 - 10:26 AM in General Nerf

I think you should be able to use all (nerf) guns as long as the gun cant make someone bleed, cry or hit someone accurately at 200 feet, or go over 200 feet fired flat.

#235652 How To Repair A Pump.

Posted by navyseal849 on 11 June 2009 - 03:10 PM in Modifications

Are the ranges better or equal than before it broke? Or is it a fix that you do because you dont want to scrap the gun and the fix lets it function correctly with decreased performance?

#235267 Pano, Pennsylvania Nerf Outing

Posted by navyseal849 on 09 June 2009 - 06:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry, unexpected change, apparently my mom hasn't gotten used to the fact that I would be playing with toy guns with people I just met over the internet. And the fact the wars 8 hours.

You can always leave early.

I know, I know, I told her that but I think she hasn't grasped the concept of nerfwars yet, turns out I have to go to a party that day but I think she said I would come so I couldn't come to the war.

#235263 Performance Differences In Variants (color, Etc.) Of The Same Gun

Posted by navyseal849 on 09 June 2009 - 05:55 PM in General Nerf

The yellow longshot has a weaker spring and comes with six darts and one clip, the blue version comes with a better spring, twelve darts and two clips.
I have heard the blue mav has a few shell differences from the yellow one.

#234982 Pano, Pennsylvania Nerf Outing

Posted by navyseal849 on 08 June 2009 - 02:51 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry, unexpected change, apparently my mom hasn't gotten used to the fact that I would be playing with toy guns with people I just met over the internet. And the fact the wars 8 hours.

#234771 Pano, Pennsylvania Nerf Outing

Posted by navyseal849 on 07 June 2009 - 08:56 AM in Nerf Wars

No I'm 99% sure but I need to borrow a secondary from someone.

#234488 Pano, Pennsylvania Nerf Outing

Posted by navyseal849 on 05 June 2009 - 03:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks, I might have to borrow something, I already have my prefered sidearm, my maverick. I think that I can probably fix my longshot in time (it might be my crappy converted streamliners that are doing weird things not the gun) and if not I'm planning on buying another LS to mod and work with once school is out (Wendsday) anyway.
Oh and I might bring a friend.

#234460 Highcap Help

Posted by navyseal849 on 05 June 2009 - 02:17 PM in Modifications

Thanks to the Official Internals (thread and cheesypizza001 for the pic.)

As you can see on the left side of the photo, the dart tooth goes in way further than 0.5mm. For reference, a dime is 1mm thick, so it's barely in there at all. I don't have my Recon handy (or even intact), but I think the dart tooth extended at least a quarter-inch into the barrel.

Under the dart tooth is the spring that keeps it in place. Is that spring missing?

Lastly, the dart tooth is up only when the slide is back. When the slide and bolt are in firing position, the dart tooth is supposed to be retracted. I'm guessing you are looking down the barrel with the slide back. If you have the slide fully forward, then 0.5mm may be normal.

Read my entire post. No seriously, read it. Its a LONGSHOT not a recon and I said the dart tooth goes in about 0.5 mm when its not cocked, the gun wouldn't work practically if it was always 0.5 mm. The dart tooth other then that is fully working and so are the internals I think I might have had this problem before a few times but I'm not sure so it might be the darts, the innards seem to be in perfect condition.
Edit: Which locks are neccessary? I think the problem is with my darts or one of the locks. Also is it possible the spring is to powerful (the spring in magazine) because when I load one dart it goes the previous range but when i fully load it (12 darts) it goes 20 feet but the range slowly gets higher as I fire more, also my darts seem to be shredding more.

#234325 Pano, Pennsylvania Nerf Outing

Posted by navyseal849 on 04 June 2009 - 06:34 PM in Nerf Wars

I might come, it would be my first war. At the moment I don't have a working primary other then my stock firefly though so...
A different date would be preferable but I'm good with the 13th if I have full parental clearance and a working primary.

#234314 Highcap Help

Posted by navyseal849 on 04 June 2009 - 05:45 PM in Modifications

Thanks for all the replies!
I checked and the dart tooth is fully intact but when I look down the barrel I see maybe 0.5 mm of it sticking up into the barrel, not sure if that is affecting it. Also the trigger catch is doing a weird thing when you fire the gun, I know that it jumps when the shell is off but its like bouncing or something...dunno but its weird, I haven't tested it yet but hopefully completely dissembling the gun and reassembling it will have fixed the problem.

#234290 Highcap Help

Posted by navyseal849 on 04 June 2009 - 03:48 PM in Modifications

Umm the otherday I built a highcap magazine for my longshot using Captain Slug's writeup and now for some reason I get maybe 20 feet from my longshot and it occaisonally doesn't fire and it jams more. The only previous "mods" I did were the AR removal, taking out priming indicator and bipod. I am using 3/8" long 10-32 metal screws. The slider is not jamming in the clip and I don't think its the magazine. I was hitting 70 regularly angled with my converted streamlines before I made the highcap. If I muzzle load darts it has the old range. Sometimes when I try to cock it the bolt doesn't close all the way without excessive force and then it misfires anyway. Has anyone experienced this? If so can you tell me a solution?
I have yet to take pictures of the actual gun.
The clip:
http://img199.images...i/pict0106.jpg/
Top view with slider and spring in:
http://img3.imagesha.../pict0107p.jpg/
All the parts:
http://img3.imagesha.../pict0111j.jpg/
The spring:
http://img7.imagesha.../pict0112z.jpg/
The top view without slider or spring:
http://img3.imagesha.../pict0110o.jpg/