angelfalcon's Content

There have been 58 items by angelfalcon (Search limited from 21-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#301664 Near-Semi-Auto Rifle

Posted by angelfalcon on 16 July 2011 - 08:18 PM in Modifications

All you need to do to make this a fully semi-auto blaster is to add a decently sized hopper (6+ darts) and make the trigger dual action, as stated previously. The trigger going forward has to push the button, the trigger pulling backward fires the gun. Add that to the hopper's removal of the need to tilt the gun down, and you've got a blaster that can fire as fast as you can pull the trigger.

I don't know how much force it takes to operate that Magstrike valve though, so you'd probably need a stronger trigger spring. A longer trigger pull would probably help too.

#295115 Archangel

Posted by angelfalcon on 26 February 2011 - 11:59 PM in Homemades

Great work.

I don't see the need for a 3 shot burst option - within the intended range, you'll almost always hit what you're aiming at. Using 3 times as many darts doesn't help. At longer ranges, I can see it helping a but more, but you're still going to loose the same amounts of darts on average to tag the target. You may as well use manual burst fire, seeing as there's no recoil.

One of my suggestions is this: More ammo. The auto fire seems to run out fairly quickly on full auto. I think for you're next iteration, you should add about 6-8 more barrels to the turret system - unless that raises issues with the indexing system, which I admit I don't completely understand.

The other is: Longer barrels. If that thing is as powerful as it seems, and has the potential the become more powerful - potential which it seems to have - then longer barrels are a necessity.

Lastly, I'm planning on going into a mechanical engineering program once I'm out of high school. Where are you studying, and how's it been so far?

#287001 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by angelfalcon on 15 October 2010 - 06:25 PM in Homemades

That Y-Bow is beautiful Norther.

#284287 Mavrick Spring On Nitefinder Plunger Rod Help

Posted by angelfalcon on 29 August 2010 - 07:43 PM in Modifications

Well, he's banned (or will be soon, at least) for the heinous hate crime of Rickrolling, so the Haven's average IQ just rose a bit.

#283861 Mavrick Spring On Nitefinder Plunger Rod Help

Posted by angelfalcon on 23 August 2010 - 06:47 PM in Modifications

I love your attitude about this durka, even if I disagree with your premise.

Those who want to take up nerfing and modding without thinking in the right way is great. But it doesn't take a physics-oriented mind to use the search function.

Sorry I said no one said he should stop modding, I was talking about myself. Sorry for that.

Wenie, I hope you become a better poster and modder. But I'll be damned if it means answering 100 questions a day that could have been solved by a combination of the search function, google, and the modifications directory.

#283853 Mavrick Spring On Nitefinder Plunger Rod Help

Posted by angelfalcon on 23 August 2010 - 05:10 PM in Modifications

I modded a nitefinder 2 years ago where I somehow got a marvirk spring in it and i can't remember how to do all i have for guns right now is a nightfinder and a big bad bow and it ruled got 45 feet i can't remember how to do it though i know thats what you have to do but don't know how to do it

OK I Just did some work on it Got the mavrick spirng in there. Then took 1/2 inch Cpvc pipe at least thats what iI think it is It mght be bigger or smaller didn't cheek put a barrel extension on it then did some cutting on a recon sholder peice attachment and super glud it on so it's like a rifle now. getting about 50, 55 ft on it. And I put some lube on it

Are you sure you're old enough to be on this site? I can't understand a word you're typing. You can't remember how to do it though you know that's what you have to do but don't know how you do it? What?

And for the record, no one told him to stop modding. We told him without a basic understanding of how to unscrew a screw and stick a spring on a rod, modding might not be for him. But if you feel like plowing on through modding asking questions like, "whre does the left and right sheels interlocke of the longshot cs6 cuuuzzs i dont knkow how you do oit though i know what you have to doo" then feel free to do so.

#283818 Mavrick Spring On Nitefinder Plunger Rod Help

Posted by angelfalcon on 23 August 2010 - 10:31 AM in Modifications

I'm with Banshee. If a quick glance at a NF plunger assembly didn't tell you how to disassemble it, modding isn't for you. There aren't always gonna be write-ups for everything, all your innovations, however small, will always be done on your own. If you can't figure out that the big screw unlocks the plunger head from the rod, then all the little things that you can do to improve your gun will be lost.

If your mind doesn't work in the right way to understand the physics of how to assemble and disassemble a NF, god knows you don't understand how it fires when you pull the trigger. If you don't understand that, good luck when you move on to harder blasters.

#283093 Make Your Own Wye

Posted by angelfalcon on 13 August 2010 - 10:43 PM in Homemades

I realize this is a necro, but I believe I may have something extremely significant to add. This may just be the simplest way yet to create a homemade wye, inspired by KaneTheMediocre's Slamfiring Hoppered HAMP wyeless shotgun hopper design.

Posted Image

The only downside is that you lose a small amount of power from the not-too-straight airway. But most guns you're using a hopper for aren't exactly short on power, or you'd have singled them.

I apologize for the crappy MSP picture, I thought of this and quickly drew it up, because I was anxious to get it posted.

#280550 Deploy Cs-6 Overhaul

Posted by angelfalcon on 18 July 2010 - 12:20 AM in Modifications

If you can't disassemble, don't expect a good job done. Go buy a better screwdriver.

#280484 Deploy Cs-6 Overhaul

Posted by angelfalcon on 17 July 2010 - 10:02 AM in Modifications

It's because you painted before disassembly. Mark everywhere the stock slides, disassemble it, sand those places on both the stock shell and the gun body shell. Check for anywhere else you may have missed as well, like sliding posts inside, etc.

I hate to be the one to ask this, but what are the ranges with the LR PT?

#273566 Externally Singled Hornet (for Power)

Posted by angelfalcon on 27 April 2010 - 09:10 PM in Modifications

You gotta hopper this thing. Fire using one tank at a time, get crappy ranges and decent rate of fire. Fire using blast button, high power, must pump for every shot. Wanna eat shit that guy? Blast button it and hit from 150 feet. Wanna rush? Fire one at a time and shoot six shots at normal Hornet range.

#271389 Steps To Full-auto Clip Fed

Posted by angelfalcon on 05 April 2010 - 02:06 PM in Modifications

That's not how it works. You need to wire the motor somehow to translate rotary motion to reciprocating so as to move a plunger back and forth.

#271286 Pvc Nerf Gun Rack I Made

Posted by angelfalcon on 04 April 2010 - 12:59 PM in General Nerf

Might I suggest using eyelets on the guns, rather that attaching the hooks to them in places? They could be under the handle, where they'd be unable to affect usage, or on top of the barrel, where it could double as a functionally useless iron sight. Unless I'm misreading this, the hooks are hooked on to the guns in holes already on them; this seems like a great way to either scratch your blasters (which could be solved with vinyl tubing but wouldn't address the second problem) or have blasters slip off the rack (like the Longshots in that pic look like they're about to).

Good job sir. This is beautiful.

#269519 Doubled Recon With Twin Drums

Posted by angelfalcon on 18 March 2010 - 12:53 PM in Modifications

You could always open up the right half, empty out the internals, then dremel off half of the screwports (I believe they are on tower-like things in the Recon) and drill holes where they used to be so you can get at the left side's screws. Both Recons would be held together by half the normal amount of screws, but it has so many unnecessary ones (like 5 in the handle) that it shouldn't matter.

EDIT: That thing needs a faux barrel that's really really wide (like maybe 2" or 2 1/4" PVC enveloping both barrels) and has a foregrip mounted on the bottom. That would also give you room for an AT2K integration, raising range, fire rate, comfort, and versatility. Plus it means you're not confined to indoor wars - they're just one strength after another.

#267348 Longshot Hornet Integration

Posted by angelfalcon on 28 February 2010 - 09:38 AM in Modifications

Perhaps three would fit in the scope and the sixth in with the other two under the barrel. That would be extremely hard to tube up right but would be a bitch to fight against.

Also, you aren't gonna be able to get someone to paint it if it isn't capable of being stripped down and reconstructed. If you just supported everything from one side (like 99% of it already is) and sliced the large PVC under the barrelin half lengthwise, and maybe add epoxy supports on the PVC to keep the internals tight in there, a V2 of this mod might be re-openable.

Now that i'm out of ideas, I will now proceed to simultaneously faint and shit myself in awe of your modding skills.

#267247 Crossbow Shell Modification

Posted by angelfalcon on 27 February 2010 - 05:50 PM in Modifications

Holy shit, that it sexy.

Why the short AT2K barrel though? Didn't want to have to breech/ramrod it?

#266458 Blaster Classification/rating System

Posted by angelfalcon on 22 February 2010 - 04:03 PM in General Nerf

The funny thing is, this guy is actually smart. Unlike Lion, who has 150-odd more posts than him yet fails to see the logic behind this system or the strong concept it was built on (even if the system itself needs some tweaks)

I've always been a math guy, interested in finding out once and for all what's better than what, making everything definitive, and so on. But some of this stuff you're ignoring is gonna make a difference. A single shot, 15 inch ramrodding blaster in which the ramrod is stored in your pocket, takes maybe twenty or twenty-five seconds to load. A sliding brass breech, of the other hand, with ammo holders on the side of the gun, take less than five seconds to reload. Yet these are classified as the same.

And why are turrets ranked ahead of clips? Clips can be swapped out but turrets must be manually loaded. Both are one-prime-one-shot, and a turret has no advantage over a clip other than looking like Hades' most badass weapon of mass destruction evar.

And this is what a speedloader looks like:
Posted Image

#266309 Deploy Cs-6 Overhaul

Posted by angelfalcon on 21 February 2010 - 01:13 PM in Modifications

Man, I love you Rogue. Your style is awesome.

#265312 Easy Doomsayer Turret

Posted by angelfalcon on 14 February 2010 - 01:11 AM in Modifications

Not bad. I'm guessing you looked at an AT2K and a RFDG and Angel's usual catchspring gluing method and a lightbulb clicked?

Excellent first post dude.

#265101 Nerf Marauder Longsword Reinforcement

Posted by angelfalcon on 11 February 2010 - 09:27 PM in Modifications

I measured mine and I got about 11 inches.

I am so quoting that it isn't even funny.

#264723 Deckel Rifle

Posted by angelfalcon on 08 February 2010 - 04:58 PM in Homemades

Two things:

If you're right handed, tapping that CPVC is probably hard, I would rig up a keyring or coathanger rod for it.

Also, I would cut a hole for your thumb in that wood, like an L96A1 or WA2000 -

Posted Image

Posted Image

#264722 Overhauled Supermaxx 1500 Write-up

Posted by angelfalcon on 08 February 2010 - 04:49 PM in Modifications

...So...damn...sexy...

Ryan, your work is, as always, pure ownage, with a hint of awesomesauce drizzled on top.

#263886 Nitefinder Vs. Laser Finder

Posted by angelfalcon on 31 January 2010 - 10:45 AM in General Nerf

If it comes wiht a double O-ring, I just had a nerd-gasm.

#263795 Mod Of The Decade

Posted by angelfalcon on 30 January 2010 - 11:54 AM in Modifications

Stop being so damn mean to your girlfriend. When you're injured and you want her to do you a favour, you don't swear at her and tell her she'd fuck things up.

And I mean, to take that and then just come to NH and do as you asked, she has to be pretty hot, right?

But yeah, feel better. I think maybe a Hornet tank or two hooked up the the same pump would help that bitch of a gun you got there.

EDIT: YES! Mega-Man gun. Now.

#263651 Finding A Blaster For A Friend In A Power Chair.

Posted by angelfalcon on 29 January 2010 - 11:13 AM in General Nerf

Genius. Play to the advantages of the chair - don't try to cover up the disadvantages.

The main advantage he has is the sheer amount of firepower he can hold on the chair. I'm thinking three small primaries - low rate of fire/high range, medium/medium, high/low. In other words, I'm thinking an Uberfinder, a Recon, and a Magstrike.

The Uberfinder's plunger rod could be tied to a string behind him, so he pulls it out of a cleverly placed holster, extends his arm, and shoots. (100"+)

The Recon would be shooting from a drum clip and have been PETG breeched DeadDumpster-style. It could be shotgun foregripped, and the foregrip would be strapped to his stronger leg (probably right side) so he pushes the Recon forward then back. It would be loose enough so that the gun can be turned sideways for clip ejection, yet tight enough that he could prime it. (65")

The Magstrike'd probably be strapped down on the opposite side the the NF holster. PVC tank underneath the chair, tubed up, pump behind him on the back of the chair so it's over his weak hand's shoulder. He reaches over his shoulder with his dominant hand, and pumps. The pump would be LEVEL, sticking out from the back like a bazooka. (55")

On the side with the NF holster (his dominant hand's side) he could have a holder made from cardboard, with dividers. One section would carry three or four Recon clips and a space for the drum clip, one would carry at least two Magstrike clips, and one would contain barrels and speedloaders for the coupler'd Uberfinder.

As stated, play to his strengths, don't try to Band-Aid his weaknesses.

#263394 Longstrike Cs-6 Internals And Stock Mod [pics]

Posted by angelfalcon on 27 January 2010 - 11:33 AM in Modifications

Thanks Demonlord, that was useful new information.

#263258 Longstrike Cs-6 Internals And Stock Mod [pics]

Posted by angelfalcon on 26 January 2010 - 08:50 AM in Modifications

Excellent first post buddy. Much better than mine.

As for the stock. I would have added a small semisphere of epoxy putty where the ridges were, sanded, so that the stock still locks into place but can be removed. Then you could sand the male stock end down so it slides smoother.

Kinda like this:

Posted Image

See those semi-spheres at the bottom that snap it into place?

Or, even attach the plunger cover from a Recon or Raider to the back, and attach the female end from a Raider/Recon stock to the Longstrike stock! I'm gonna do that if I get it.

Great mod as is though. As long as it stays in without a locking mechanism, you're golden.

#263097 The First Look At The Tetrastrike

Posted by angelfalcon on 25 January 2010 - 11:20 AM in General Nerf

How many pumps of that little thing does it take to fill? If it's below like 8 (for all 4 tanks, that's low) then i can see the Tetrastrike becoming great integration material. Comes with an itty bitty pump, a single 8 shot shotgun burst (2 darts per barrel, this thing can almost definitely handle it) or 2 long range shots. (fusing the 4 tanks into 2 good size ones)

Either way, me want one.

#263021 Question About +bow

Posted by angelfalcon on 24 January 2010 - 08:11 PM in Modifications

And the funny thing is, that's just basically modified +Bow internals, with a new stock. That isn't a +Bow, that's a +Bow plunger tube, plunger head, catchplate, and possibly the trigger (I can't tell from the pic). Do you honestly think this TC who can probably barely read, could machine the wood stock or have the mental capacity to *gasp* MODIFY the catchplate and plunger rod.

Know what, I'm gonna drop this, 'cause I'm grasping at straws here. When I was trying to come up with a good retort to that, JATDO, I realized I was wrong.

But yeah, Ryan did something TC wouldn't be able to do.

#263002 Furyfire Manta

Posted by angelfalcon on 24 January 2010 - 06:53 PM in Modifications

And the point of this thread was...

#262997 Question About +bow

Posted by angelfalcon on 24 January 2010 - 06:24 PM in Modifications

@Skorpion: Yes, I clicked the link - and you should learn to link to specific posts, not a whole 40 topic page I have to sift through. It's right in the BB code help.

And if YOU had clicked the link, you would know that Ryan's foregrip doesn't cock his gun. It's an airsoft grip - which is SCREWED IN TO THE RAIL.

Posted Image

Does this really look like it cocks the gun? If so, I suggest you go try a scratch 'n' sniff card at the bottom of a pool.

@Split: I know, I made this account last year, forgot about it, and started posting like last week. I figured out a while ago that names like "axeman32" and "call_of_doody" are retarded, and double meaning puns like the Staples store logo are good. My RuneScape name from back in fourth grade is "blood350". How creative is that?

#262975 Question About +bow

Posted by angelfalcon on 24 January 2010 - 04:03 PM in Modifications

Welcome to the party, Skorpion, aren't you a little late?

We already know that, this guy wants it to cock the gun.

#262945 Question About +bow

Posted by angelfalcon on 24 January 2010 - 01:34 PM in Modifications

Sorry, i thought you meant just to steady a gun. It could probably work like this -

Posted Image

Note: the back of the yellow piece would not be secured to the plunger rod's handle.

Underneath the red handle would be a groove for the handle to slide on of course. The green piece would have a small (maybe an inch) long dowel or rod to keep in the blue groove and keep the grip straight.

You would pump it back, pushing the plunger rod back, and then pump it forward. The only flaw with this system I can see is that if the grip isn't pushed all the way back, the plunger rod would slam into the back of the yellow piece. Maybe magnets could help the grip click back into its rest position?

If you were also running a clipped breech and hooked it up to the pump action system, we would be talking Doomsayer +Bow: crazy range and rate of fire without the insanely hard spring pull or unwieldy cylinders.

EDIT: P.S. - Yay for tablet laptops! Me likey this one!

#262914 Longshot Paintjob Handy Tool

Posted by angelfalcon on 24 January 2010 - 08:52 AM in Modifications

The last one. Definitely.

#262865 Question About +bow

Posted by angelfalcon on 23 January 2010 - 11:04 PM in Modifications

Why WOULDN'T you be able to? Any gun can have some PVC glued on and have a foregrip. Any piece of shit with half a brain could figure that out.

#262836 Break Barrel Ss2

Posted by angelfalcon on 23 January 2010 - 06:04 PM in Modifications

Two words.

Awe. Some.

Do you plan on getting some accurate range tests with non-sloppy triple-weighted darts? I think you might be able to hit 95' or 100'.

And considering that's with a sidearm firing megas, 100 is equal to maybe 170 from a pump primary using micros.

#262599 Big Bad Bow, Rapid Fire20, Rapid Fire20

Posted by angelfalcon on 21 January 2010 - 12:06 PM in Modifications

You can even mount your crossbow with integrated gerbil on a string to it.

Effeminate WIN.

#262407 Barreling Material

Posted by angelfalcon on 19 January 2010 - 06:31 PM in Modifications

Judging by your grammar, you're just going to remove the restrictors. CPVC would be a better bet, and anywhere between 6-8 inches of it would be good. Heavily modded BBBs can get up to a foot or 13" barrels, and they're better in PETG.

#262382 Would This Modification Do Anything?

Posted by angelfalcon on 19 January 2010 - 03:20 PM in Modifications

Why would people do it if it didn't work?

#262292 Epic (sorta) Ls

Posted by angelfalcon on 18 January 2010 - 03:54 PM in Modifications

If you hate it, why did you post it?

And you didn't answer my question. Do you prime back and then forward, or just back and then it comes forward when it shoots?

And even if you bought the right barrel materials, this gun would still be a piece of shit. I didn't want to say that in my first post, but seeing as you openly admit you hate it I don't think it's considered offensive by the mods.