Photo

Easy Doomsayer Turret

3 replies to this topic

#1 ficksterkid

ficksterkid

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:54 PM

This is my first post and I wanted it to be original. I am not sure if this has been done before, but this is my take on how to make an easy, non-skip doomsayer turret. I have tried many other ways, but this is the only way that I could get it tight enough that it wouldn't skip.

MATERIALS NEEDED:
Ertl rapid fire shotgun
Two part JB weld epoxy
#10-24 x 3” machine bolt
Hot glue

First take your turret and remove the rod that holds the turret together. You wont be needing that anymore. Then glue the spring that was under the gear with hotglue like Angel did. After that, take the two notched parts of the gear and liberally apply two part epoxy JB weld between them.
Posted Image
Then take a nut and bolt of your choice and bolt them together as tight as you can without stressing the plastic for 1-2 days to let the glue set under constant pressure. This picture better explains what I am saying.
Posted Image
After that is done drying, reassemble the gear and spring and put them inside your turret just like they were when you first opened it up. Then set the bottom on a flat surface.

Now take a #10-24 x 3” machine bolt
Posted Image
(I found mine at home depot), and put it through hole in the top of your turret were the old rod used to be. With a flathead screwdriver, twist it down as far as it can go.
Posted Image
This may take some doing; The first two times I tried, the bolt would stop and would not budge. When that happens, unscrew the screw and insert it back in untill it goes down. Your final product should look something like this. The screw is all the way down, and very firm in the gear.
Posted Image
Bottom view,
Posted Image
After you have done this your turret should never skip. This method should be able to hold heavier barrel material like cpvc also.
Comments, questions, and flames are welcome.

-ficksterkid

#2 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:05 PM

Impeccable timing sir, as I am currently working on a RFSG and this will undoubtedly help,

Thanks.

Last of the Sex Dwarves, Head of Waifu Relations, Fetishizer of Blasters, The Far Warring, Mini-Van Driver, Possessor of Mattels, and Warden of the Manongahela

We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#3 angelfalcon

angelfalcon

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:11 AM

Not bad. I'm guessing you looked at an AT2K and a RFDG and Angel's usual catchspring gluing method and a lightbulb clicked?

Excellent first post dude.

Edited by angelfalcon, 14 February 2010 - 01:13 AM.

According to your mom, size matters. My blaster is four feet long. What about yours?

I measured mine and I got about 11 inches.

#4 ficksterkid

ficksterkid

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:37 PM

Not bad. I'm guessing you looked at an AT2K and a RFDG and Angel's usual catchspring gluing method and a lightbulb clicked?

Excellent first post dude.

Well actually, I have never owned an airtech 2000, and have no idea what you mean by me getting an idea from it. It was just one of those moments when you have a strike of genius. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users