LDM's Content

There have been 269 items by LDM (Search limited from 18-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#125399 What Happened?

Posted by LDM on 07 October 2007 - 09:31 PM in Off Topic

Wow, now thats bold.
I mean you animators are doing a great job on running this place. I mean people are stupid, and I mean it straight up. Sure there are those who learned right from wrong. But unfortunately, there are those who stay dededes. Yeah thats Carlos.

...What?

You'll be hard-pressed (yes, I said hard-pressed) to find a forum that doesn't eventually meet its quota of stupid people, bad grammar, lack of discipline, etc. Be thankful that this forum, as it appears, still has some intelligent veterans along with some intelligent newcomers. As long as you acknowledge the fact that there is a problem, you're on the way to fixing it-- by not acting like a dumb ass, you set an example.

But aside from the "omgz wherez da old timez," the forum looks like it's holding up just fine. Like OMC said: be thankful that you have NerfHaven along with some dedicated administrators. It's a haven for a reason, yes?

#125302 Sports Poll

Posted by LDM on 07 October 2007 - 10:11 AM in Off Topic

I pop in to visit NerfHaven for old times' sake, and I find this topic, a discussion on manly sports.

...Fascinating.

#81125 Stinging Scarab Mod

Posted by LDM on 02 May 2006 - 08:42 PM in Modifications

Good job. I used to have one of these, until I tried so much and broke it. Was it just my gun, or was the handle REALLY small?

#75243 Perfered Types Of Guns?

Posted by LDM on 05 March 2006 - 01:09 PM in General Nerf

I prefer Nerf guns.

#74934 Who Are You?

Posted by LDM on 02 March 2006 - 04:30 PM in General Nerf

I'm more of a lurker. I read the boards almost everyday, rarely post, and have never had a Nerf war.

Why do I Nerf?

I enjoy modifying guns occasionally. I do quite a few searches on this site, trying to find some more knowledge. The thing is, I feel that most of the stuff posted isn't overly original. Therefore, unless what I have to say is extremely important and will add to the value of this site, I won't.

When I do a modification, I'll study it for a day or so, make sure I have time to start and finish it, clear off the work bench, and do it. I've been into Nerf since I was about 10. Since then, I've done less than ten modifications. I'm 13 now. Some may tell me to get off of the computer and get outside, but I enjoy reading, even if I won't ever use it in my life.

#72981 Crayola Barrel?

Posted by LDM on 12 February 2006 - 08:23 PM in Modifications

They're a great, cheap barrel. They work great when used correctly. However, I prefer brass. That's probably because I'm a perfectionist. Plus, I suck at making them.

#71880 In Need Of Help

Posted by LDM on 29 January 2006 - 04:29 PM in Off Topic

Since around yesterday, my internet browser has been extremely weird. I use Firefox. First of all, a lot of images are showing up as broken, even though I know they aren't. My main problem is that most of the forums I go to are screwed up as hell. Icons are randomly popping up all over the place, everything is just totally hell. For an example, here's a bit of a screen shot I took from the David Bowie topic:

Posted Image

Yeah. I updated Firefox, and that just made things worse.

Are there any suggestions? Might I have some kind of virus? I apologize for sounding stupid; I'm not too computer-smart.

#70743 Itunes

Posted by LDM on 10 January 2006 - 08:41 PM in Off Topic

First off let me say that I'm not a fan of Apple in general, or iPods. I have a Rio Carbon mp3 player, and I like it a lot.

However, unlike many others, I like iTunes. It organizes my music in a simple yet effective way. I [obviously] don't buy from the music store, so mp4s aren't a problem for me. The only other thing I do on it other than listen to music is burn/rip CDs, which it does fine.

So, my question is, why do people tend to dislike it? I'm not trying to start an argument; I'm honestly curious. I don't like .wma's, so I don't use Windows Media Player. I've tried using Winamp, but I found it rather... weird. I suppose that's because I'm not the most computer-friendly of all people, but I'm not completely clueless. iTunes seems to work with me just fine.

Thoughts?

#70728 Best Member Of 05

Posted by LDM on 10 January 2006 - 04:05 PM in Off Topic

Pineapple's posts never cease to make me smile. He always offers good tips, some which can be, and should be, applied outside of Nerf. Plus, he's an overall cool guy, who's helped with some personal things.

#69835 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by LDM on 25 December 2005 - 10:06 AM in Off Topic

Well, it's Christmas morning, and it looks like baelnorn has the highest point total, not counting Cx. Congratulations!

#69769 Range

Posted by LDM on 23 December 2005 - 09:27 PM in Modifications

No, they don't, ass. If you look at Cx's modification, it averages around 76'. You have six shots with a rotating barrel. It's very accurate, and is a good size.

Just because it doesn't go 100' does not mean it sucks.

#69515 Lubricants Of Choice

Posted by LDM on 19 December 2005 - 04:02 PM in General Nerf

It depends on what circumstance to use what kind of lube.

If you want to lube the o-ring of a plunger so that it creates a better seal with the plunger tube, use silicon SPRAY. This coats the rubber, and acts as a lube and sealant.

If you want to lube a pump on a gun so that it moves easier, use silicone or vegetable oil, only applied to the pump o-ring. This decreses friction.

Try to avoid using vegetable oil on plunger o-rings. This decreases friction and coupled with the force of the spring, the air simply moves around it. I tried this-got around 10' flat with my CPVC'd NF. After cleaning it out and reapplying silicone spray, it was getting around 60'.

Hope that helps.

-SInnER-

That's what I do. I use silicone for barrels, also.

#69299 Nerf Online

Posted by LDM on 15 December 2005 - 08:41 PM in General Nerf

You must be at least 13 years of age to use this forum.

Someone didn't read the rules.

I'm 13. Ass.

#69214 Nerf Online

Posted by LDM on 14 December 2005 - 04:51 PM in General Nerf

I'm not sure why many people think fondly of NO. Perhaps it was because their first Nerf forum experience? Or they liked the rants of Majin Buu? Beats me. Heh, I registered there when I was 9. I remember Cxwq telling me not to trade my LnL for an RF20. At the time I couldn't figure out why.

#69213 Bolt Action Magazine Fed Carbine

Posted by LDM on 14 December 2005 - 04:45 PM in Modifications

Good job. I wish I had done this with mine, before I sold it. I was always too scared to go too far with it, heh. Great ideas.

#67730 A New Custom Dart

Posted by LDM on 15 November 2005 - 08:05 PM in General Nerf

Great idea, Matchstick Man. Like Suave said, they wouldn't be practical for all guns, but I can see myself using them for some. I have to try this idea out. Welcome to the community!

#67530 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by LDM on 12 November 2005 - 02:01 PM in Modifications

Brass is most common in hobby stores. Also, hot glue gun & glue can be found at craft stores.

#67282 New Google Group:nerf Guns

Posted by LDM on 07 November 2005 - 02:52 PM in General Nerf

Agreed, Falcon. However, we have to be careful of elitism. I know some people that like Nerf being underground so much that they immediately shun anyone away who tries to Nerf with them. It's a matter of knowing where to draw the line.

#66744 Of Recalls And Rednecks

Posted by LDM on 28 October 2005 - 09:34 PM in General Nerf

So, in closing, I forgot how fun Nerf is. The whole thing is great, it was such a break from the "grown-upish" routine to which I'm getting accustomed. To all you younger folk out there, enjoy it while you can. I suppose it's time to get the camera out, buy some FBR, and finding some more people to play with.

'Tis the season.

- B

Glad to see you back. I, too, find myself slipping away from Nerf occasionally, and I'm not even busy and/or close to being "grown up" :o

Hope you pop in often.

#66662 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by LDM on 27 October 2005 - 07:13 PM in Off Topic

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#66649 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by LDM on 27 October 2005 - 11:58 AM in Off Topic

I'm still in- it's just my parents don't let me run the comp overight, and school means my comp is only on around 6 hours a day.

~ompa

Same deal with me. Also, my dad took it off of his computer.

#65632 Barrels

Posted by LDM on 12 October 2005 - 03:19 PM in Modifications

Here's a very helpful article about which barrel is right for you and your gun. PETG isn't discussed, however. As for cutting brass, I would use a hacksaw.

#65320 Painted Green & Black Crossbow W/ Matching Lnls

Posted by LDM on 08 October 2005 - 01:40 PM in Modifications

Wow. One of the best paintjobs I've seen in a long time. Major, major kudos.

#64504 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by LDM on 28 September 2005 - 03:29 PM in Darts and Barrels

What I do for straightening darts is put them in some 17/32" Brass. That's tight on my foam, so after a week or so it's very straight.

#64355 New! Sharpshooter II00!

Posted by LDM on 25 September 2005 - 08:34 PM in Modifications

The chief reason for this integration is one of comfort. The AT2k is a powerful gun; many of you arm yourself with one. However, I personally find that the gun is somewhat uncomfortable. In my opinion, the Sharpshooter II is hands down, the most comfortable and user friendly gun ever made by Nerf.

Actually, I don't really like the Sharpshooter II's grip - it's too much at an angle, or something. I prefer the Lock 'n' Load's. However, great job, and very clean.

#64051 The Long-awaited Photos Of The "sexbow"

Posted by LDM on 21 September 2005 - 03:09 PM in Modifications

Very nice job. Although, I have to say that the original Crossbow color scheme attracts me more than this one, but still, great job. I also agree with Gamefreak about the cocking handle.

#63930 Happy Birthday Uncle Pinney!

Posted by LDM on 19 September 2005 - 03:18 PM in Off Topic

Sweet! Happy Birthday Kyle, I hope you have a great one!

#63770 Happy Birthday, Jskater!

Posted by LDM on 17 September 2005 - 10:13 AM in Off Topic

Happy birthday to the Jskater! A loyal mod at NHQ, and has been in the Nerf scene for quite some time. Have a good one!

#63678 Just To Clarify Things

Posted by LDM on 15 September 2005 - 03:27 PM in Off Topic

Ah, thank God. I've been IMed by this so called "Shindig" and was asked where in New York I lived. It was kind of disturbing, but I'm glad that this has been solved.

#61679 Wasn't That Fun?

Posted by LDM on 11 August 2005 - 06:00 PM in News

I didn't check NH in the period it was down, so I knew nothing about it!

"this email was sent with a rage of FURY!!!!"

...priceless.

#61617 Wasn't That Fun?

Posted by LDM on 11 August 2005 - 10:56 AM in News

Ignore this post.

#61595 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by LDM on 10 August 2005 - 04:52 PM in Off Topic

Thanks, guys, I think I've got it working now.

#61581 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by LDM on 10 August 2005 - 12:39 PM in Off Topic

I too started today. I think I did it right, but when I click on LDM on the status screen thing, it takes me to some other LDM of another team. Is this because I haven't finish a WU yet?

#61528 You Were Warned

Posted by LDM on 09 August 2005 - 05:57 PM in News

That shirt looks exceptionally sweet. However, according to that size chart, I would be somewhere around an XXXXXSmall.

:/

#60114 Favortie Sm/larami Gun

Posted by LDM on 24 July 2005 - 06:55 PM in General Nerf

They all have their redeeming qualities; I can't really pick a favorite. Like Starbuck said, the 1000 has a very awesome rate of fire. The 500 is extremely useful, I like it more than the 750. The 1500 was my very first modified Nerf gun, so it holds a special place in my heart. It's very reliable, too.

#60113 It's Nerf Or Nothing

Posted by LDM on 24 July 2005 - 06:52 PM in General Nerf

I can understand where you're coming from about only having light modifications, but about non-nerf, Nerf is fine without us buying every one of their guns. We are not their main marketing target, like OMC said in another thread. When I buy a Max Shot, how is it wasted money? Just because I didn't buy the brand Nerf? Nerf is not necessarily about the company itself, but the concept. I think you're overlooking that.

#59316 New Gun

Posted by LDM on 14 July 2005 - 02:32 PM in General Nerf

Wow. I was never able to jam much of anything down those damn barrels correctly- I tried 17/32 but I only ended up getting about 30-40 feet.

~ompa

The same thing happened to me. I'm going to try what Starbuck did, though.

#56904 Nf Mod Help

Posted by LDM on 07 June 2005 - 07:02 PM in Modifications

Yeah, a lot of people have some good luck with CPVC, but not me. My darts are way too tight for it, so I use brass (I'm gonna get some PETG one of these days).

#56320 Nba

Posted by LDM on 01 June 2005 - 07:50 PM in Off Topic

In my opinion, the NBA should raise the height of the basket. In my opinion, the players in the NBA are too good for the modern game.

#55906 My New Nite Finder

Posted by LDM on 28 May 2005 - 09:40 PM in Modifications

You did a good job. Is the firing of the SSPB uncomfortable?