Photo

Nba

21 replies to this topic

#1 Phantom

Phantom

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 01:57 PM

Is anyone a basketball fan or am I alone? My favorite team is the San Antonio Spurs. If you like basketball, post here please!

#2 Jakethesnake

Jakethesnake

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 02:21 PM

Spurs will take it all the way, they are way too solid of a team with tim to lose.

#3 Phantom

Phantom

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 02:30 PM

I am suprised that Phoenix hasn't won yet. They have the best record, and they still cant beat the Spurs. Post your favorite team! Mine is the Spurs!

#4 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 06:09 PM

I am rooting for the suns(bring out the broom) and the heat. The pistons look set to win it all, but it'll be dependent upon Tony Parker's play. If Parker plays well, the spurs will win it, otherwise it'll be a repeat for Detroit, who will probably come back and beat the heat.

#5 Nerforbust

Nerforbust

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 06:21 PM

Go yankees.

#6 Nerf Warrior

Nerf Warrior

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 06:47 PM

I'm a Knicks Fan :cry: They stink
-†Nerf Warrior†-

#7 SwitchbladeatJM

SwitchbladeatJM

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 08:33 PM

I'm a basket-ball fan, but I usaully watch college because in the NBA it's all 3 pointers and slam dunks ,not dissing dunks though. My favorite NBA team is 76er's and my favorite college team is the Hawkeyes. It's an Iowa thing :cry:
A member of a 6 man clan.......the C.C.A.N.

"Shibby" -Dude Where's My Car

#8 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 02:20 AM

Spurs all the way baby. Mainly because our exports like 'ole Longly played for em. I hear Bogat[sp?] is top draft? I don't have cable so I can't see it, but what's been happening lately?
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#9 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 09:44 AM

I live in Austin, Texas and have seen the spurs play a couple of times. And believe me its awesome. I am so rooting for them, its too bad they couldn't sweep the series. O well there too well of a team to lose three straight games in a row, specially if its playoffs. Ya my final picks for the championship are spurs vs the heat. And from there I think the spurs will take it.

GO SPURS GO!
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#10 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:30 AM

Bogart is projected as the number no.1 pick in most most drafts tait. I think the pick would be better used on guys like Millie Illic or a high school guard. Have you guys heard of the guy, Sun Ming Ming whose 7'9" without shoes! Imagine a guy standing at 8' on a basketball court! Sean Marks is Australian and he plays for the spurs, but they have like a person for every country.

#11 Phantom

Phantom

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:16 PM

Well, spurs lost last night by 5 points. I'm pretty sure they can get past Phoenix. I hope they win tomorrow.

Posted Image

#12 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:31 PM

and my favorite college team is the Hawkeyes. It's an Iowa thing :D

w00t! Go Hawkeyes!

I don't really have a favorite NBA team, but I'd like the Spurs to win the Championship.

#13 Dark Ghost

Dark Ghost

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:42 PM

Hawkeyes rock! Like switchblade said, NBA is all 3s and dunks, there is no teamwork. College has it all. NBA isn't bad and i'll watch it.
My favorite team is the T'wolves, they just missed the playoffs. I want the Heat to win.

If anyone has a favorite college, please list.
"What the duce?" -Stewie Griffin

#14 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 09:59 PM

Well since I'm very hometown and bascially root for the closet team near me, I'll have to say The Texas Longhorns.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#15 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 01:28 AM

Bogart is projected as the number no.1 pick in most most drafts tait. I think the pick would be better used on guys like Millie Illic or a high school guard. Have you guys heard of the guy, Sun Ming Ming whose 7'9" without shoes! Imagine a guy standing at 8' on a basketball court! Sean Marks is Australian and he plays for the spurs, but they have like a person for every country.

Yao Ming is the original. All these bitches are just trying to cash in.

Yeah, Bogart this, Bogart that, it's all I hear in Aus. The point is that the guy is just so damn young, and Australian basketball is so unnoticed and unappreciated at the national level. Meh, we lost to you in the Olympics grand final, we were missing some of our greats. I'm still cut about that.

Our best player is like, 40-something, the guys a gun. Andrew Gaze.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#16 Phantom

Phantom

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:04 PM

Well, Spurs are playing tonight. Go Spurs Go! Go on to the finals!

#17 LDM

LDM

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:50 PM

In my opinion, the NBA should raise the height of the basket. In my opinion, the players in the NBA are too good for the modern game.

#18 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:20 PM

Honestly, I don't think professional basketball should still be going in June. Does anyone see how absolutely ridiculous this is? I mean, basketball is a winter sport. That would mean it should end at latest in March/April. Hockey (when it existed) was equally as bad, because it ended at about the same time.

When June comes, the only sports that should deem attention are the spring/summer sports. Am I crazy, or do I have a point?
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#19 Beaver Vortex

Beaver Vortex

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:25 PM

Well, professional seasons take a long, long time. I guess rather than starting them earlier they just go later. I mean, think about football. Same type of thing.
I am the Milkman. My milk is delicious.

#20 SwitchbladeatJM

SwitchbladeatJM

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:27 PM

You have a good point shindig. Basketball starts in the late fall and it apparently ends in summer. That's ridicolusly(SP) long. They should end it in mid spring if anywhere.
A member of a 6 man clan.......the C.C.A.N.

"Shibby" -Dude Where's My Car

#21 Jakethesnake

Jakethesnake

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:15 AM

A couple years ago they changed the format of the playoffs and decided to stretch the games out, particularly at this point in the playoffs where there's only, well, 3 teams as of tonight :lol: (go spurs!!!!) But I think their new format sucks horribly, the finals used to be over by this time but now they're not even started, granted sometimes things go longer because the series are taken to 7 games, but they also changed the first round from best out of 5 to best out of 7, that also didn't help shorten things.

#22 Phantom

Phantom

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:54 PM

Yay! Spurs are in the finals! I don't care how long it goes. I just like watching the games. Maybe the Spurs can win another championship. Ginobili should win MVP. Also, Mohammed got a lot better this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users