Aint It Purdy...

3 replies to this topic

#1 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:32 PM

Bags I wanna touch myself over that sexbow of yours. Do you have any more detailed pics of it?

Your xbow's paintjob f*cking rules.

Bag's xbow is amazing.  I love.

/\ I can't think of a better way to kick off the thread that has finaly come! my (slightly Better Quality) pics of my allmighty Custom x-bow AKA-The "Sexbow"(semi-inside joke)

So Here Ya go:
Here it is after being modded (write-up in the works) :
Posted Image

This is somewhere around phase 2 of the painting: after the White Basecoat and Green Accents:
Posted Image

After The Blue Topcoat was applied and Masking was removed: I think I was Clear-coating here
Posted Image
Posted Image

Here it is assembled:
inside:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Outside @ CAFF: Banded
Posted Image
Posted Image

There You Go.

-Bags

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#2 Gamefreak

Gamefreak

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 02:29 PM

I really like it, but are you going to paint the plunger tube and cocking handle? It looks kinda odd like that.

- Gamefreak

Edited by Gamefreak, 21 September 2005 - 03:11 PM.

Gamertag : Corpseoftheyear

QUOTE(substance abuse)
No offense but soldat has to be the worst game ever made
Like anyone could even know that, GOSH.

#3 LDM

LDM

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 03:09 PM

Very nice job. Although, I have to say that the original Crossbow color scheme attracts me more than this one, but still, great job. I also agree with Gamefreak about the cocking handle.

#4 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 08:08 PM

The Cocking handle, trigger and Plunger tube were left un painted because I've had a few Bad past experiences with painted moving parts, I.E. Triggers stick and the cocking handle rubs against the inner frame. Even though i wanted this to look really good, I more importantly wanted it to work well.

For anyone who wants to know about the paint: I'v never used an airbrush, this is all spraypaint, White Krylon Fusion For The Basecoat, Flouressent Green "Racing Finish" brand paint for the green, Royal Blue Fusion For the top coat, and Basic Krylon clearcoat. I use Racing finish(found in at hobby shops, used with lexan bodies of RC cars), because that brand has very good neon paints, and they really Pop when over a white basecoat and are gloss clear coated. Before the cleaccoat, it actualy looks rather dull.

Edited by baghead, 21 September 2005 - 10:23 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users